Escape from Tarkov /EFT/

Quickstart Guide, resource ref sheet and FAQ:
pastebin.com/KhTaGq4E (embed) (embed) (embed)
gamemaps.co.uk/game/tarkov

>Discords
"""""OFFICIAL"""" EFT discord for beta news:
discord.gg/8KsHTGF
/eftg/ official US based discord:
discord.gg/BEEk538

>Latest patch noes
forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/55179-patch-063871/
reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/7rl41p/patch_notes_for_060861/

>Previous thread

ohayo gozaimasu

Meet me at the pier at midnight and we will end this charade in a knife fight

MEET ME!!!

Konnichiwa

Lookadis baby

Do I still need 16 GB of ram for this game to not shit the bed? I bought this a while ago but it runs like complete shit unless I run it on lowest setting.

Probably, although I've heard of people using a program called CleanMem (or something like that) to good effect with 8gb of RAM. That might be worth trying.

actually if you have a decent gpu turning it up should decrease cpu load, i have an rx 470 and setting it to ultra improved my performance

Even a grach is better than that toy gun

Hell ive dunked people at 80m armed with AKs with Grach

Lol I killed 5 geared people and extracted

I hate how every fucking time I bring gear I die before I can even fire a shot or die to bullshit desync, I even got killed by a hatchling while spraying him with an M4

Never played this game, is there an FN FAL available?

>a handgun using the same caliber is better than a full auto smg
What the fuck are you talking about, how does a grach magically make the bullet better?

Yes under the rock and over the bush

Nope

Not yet, ought to be eventually though

Game mechanics. its yet to suffer from nerf and "balancing"

gay
Nice

>M4
>SMG
Get a load of this nigger commie.
It doesn't.
This thread is just full of retards who doesn't understand firearms.

>awaiting session start
>1 minute
>2 minutes
>5 minutes
>10 minutes

The fuck is this new bug

They better add it.
I want to run my DSA FAL SBR now!

Is Paca + Kiver + Blackrock AK-74N most cost effective build to use? I find the AKM fires way too slow, especially if you get engaged first.

>12 minutes
>Lost connection to server
>Rejoin raid or quit
>No option to tell game to fuck itself
>Small dev team, unity very hard )))))))

>doing procure on site runs
>go in with a pistol on factory and just tear shit up and take what I can
>every 2 or 3 runs get killed by desync

I'm doing this to get levels, currently level 28 and I wanna get up to 35 because I need a couple Mcases, anything better I coul do? Losing out on sweet sweet EXP because desync is driving me fucking nuts. I'm guessing I should just wait out until the servers are fixed, if ever.

Just play the game regularly, it will be easier when you don't care about level. I just run factory all day, but makarov factory runs are shit because every hatchling just 1 shots you with desync

no money here

giv copy, someone

prove that you have less money than I do and I will, average wage where I live is 300$ a month

I make $0 a month.

Which is your own fault, fuck off

You ain't wrong nibba I was just betting on there being some altruistic rich lad in here; because this game costs so friggin much for an EA title.

>group of geared dues in factory
>build up my scav army
>ready for assault
> another player scav comes up and guns me down and he and all our scav AI pals get blacked

Why? Why would you do this?

So you just admitted that your financial situation is due to your own lazyness / incompetence and want others to provide for your lazy ass? Sorry but that's not how life works, if you don't work you get eaten.
Maybe he wasn't aware that there was a group of geared dudes, scavs are always dicks in factory and are all KOS except for AI which do turn on you after you kill the first fucker that you see

Get a job, neet shit

Imagine a world where Scavs scav together, retake our home from the PMCs.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know whether or not the game will go on sale again for open the open beta? I've got my fingers crossed for one more %50 sale but I know that's a pipe dream. I have standard currently but wanna upgrade.

Considering that after open beta EOD will be gone I don't think so

Don't upgrade or we'll be stuck in early access forever.

Where is the forth tanker for the marking tankers task? I got the one at construction, gas station and old gas station

There is one between Crossroads and trailer park extraction
Needed help to find it too

Behind the garages, on the road on the edge of the map.

You can see it from Crossroads gate.

I wouldnt if getting kills on Shoreline wasent fuckin' impossible right now because the shit frames. Trying to get Epsilon case, all I want from the upgrades is that mother fuckin' gamma case.

yup, i suggested punisher to be moved elsewhere on leddit but people bashed me, try making a new thread there the devs actually read it if it gets frontapge il upbote ya

Check if you have memory leaks, if you do, get CleanMem, problem solved.

I won't say frames are amazing, but I don't get freezups anymore, only slightly at the beginning of the round sometimes.

Memory leak stuff really needs to be stickied, I bet half the anons here can't play Shore like normal human beings because of them.

What are your go to optics?
Mine is the P06 because its all i can buy, but it is also pretty bright and easy to see.

walter rds

Easily P06 for me. Cheap, 3 modes, low profile, fits anything with a RIS.

Cobras are thick and dot is barely visible in light, Peacekeeper dots can be all right, but are very expensive.

It really should.

It's not so much stuttering and freezing, but just the lower frames + Tarkovs homegrown desync combined making it stupid difficult to hold down chokes due to fucking ridiculous peekers advantage. I've been thinking about going in at night with cheapo shotguns/pistols with flashlight attachments or a silenced SKS and just holding power station, pier, or rock passage.

PK-O6 is life.

which spreadsheet are you guys using right now?

The p06 is the best 1x sight

>cheapest
>brightest
>minimal in size
>looks pretty cool

>so friggin much
>literally less than an hours pay

lol, that would be 14 hours of work for me (not that guy)

Whatever I think looks cool on the gun i'm building.
Mostly go for eotechs and Aimpoint micro.
Elcan for medium range.

>tfw that's 3 1/2 hours pay for me
I need some qualifications

Where the fuck do you guys live?
I'm working minimum wage at the moment and i'm getting about 1900 euro.

Eastern part of croatia, most work 70h/week no days off for 300$

what are you, some nigger?
that's only my average tip from 1 customer.

Average hourly wage is like 15 bucks user, varies between countries but it's usually around that unless they're a absolute shithole where everyone makes pennies per hour.

>unless they're a absolute shithole where everyone makes pennies per hour.

welcome to east europe.

US, I make a little less than $2000 per month before taxes. No, I don't live alone yet.

So you basicly make the same wage I do.
Yeah I meant to write a third of a daily wage.
Man, people in shitholes really have it tough.

Heh, I found my own dogtag as a scav.

How did you do that?

Died as PMC and came back in as a scav.

7N31 9x19 to make SMGs not shit when

>tfw health spa runs like shit
I just want to get into some good indoor firefights, but it's not worth it at 15-30fps. So much good loot, so little frames.

Anyone else been noticing some skavs tanking headshots with no helmet?

At least 2-3 times yesterday at customs i had to double tap with 7.62 rounds to get the kill. Or maybe i hit the face first time and thats less damage? idk how the hitbox is right now.

The lack of optimization on Customs and Shoreline really blows, but the dev is really active and they seem to have fixed Woods so hopefully they eventually fix Customs/Shoreline too

>no extended extended magazine yet

>attacking Scav players who attack you triggers Scav AI to become hostile
Please Fix

Patently untrue, I ganked a dude for heavy armor earlier and the NPC scavs didn't give a single shit.

Can I replace all the fucked up looking parts with nicer ones on the AKs like the dust cover for example?

For the most part yes, but some AK varities dont mix and match certain parts.
The 74u for example only takes a one or two hand guards.

But they don't

Are you sure you didn't just shoot an AI scav by accident?

>mask
>knitcap
>paca
>sniper vest
>silenced, scoped SKS
>shoreline at night

People just walk through brightly lit zones like they're immune with their fort and night vision. I go in without a backpack and walk out with theirs and all their shit in it.

Anyone finding a way around this game start error other than just playing Factory and nothing else?

Maybe I got the Scavs mixed up, that's good to know.

wtf does fort mean? is it armor

Highest tier body armor, makes you pretty durable but also likely overconfident.

Level IIIa armor, which is the highest that the game offers at the moment. Hopefully soon they'll add insert plates for plate carriers.

favorite holosights are the UH-1, OKP-7, pk-06, P1X42 and sometimes the eotech 553.

For longer range.. pretty much only the PSO-1 and Elcan Spectre DR. The bravo and HAMR have such shit reticles.

They already previewed a moddable chest rig, probably going to have a slot you can plate up.

I get the feeling having a Pilgrim in my stash is a waste of space, considering it's so fucking huge. True?

Yes.

Best use of a pilgrim is to FILL with guns and mags and sell to skier (he pays more for guns and mags but only buys them if they're in bags or vests).

why the fuck you think a game with min requirements of 16gb of ram is going to run well with less than 16gb of ram?
Just buy more fucking ram, it's the cheapest possible god damn fucking update you poorfag

p06 is really good but p1x4 or whatever is wayy better
>great reticule
>massive sight
>less frame than shoreline for retards who can't read min req
Only reason p06 is better is cause it can be mounted as backup sight.

>gtx 970
>a cpu from 2011
>32 gigs of ram

I run every single map fine with 0 slowdowns even when scoping.
Learn to read system requirements or to build pc's

This is my loadout and I only get the smallest amount of stuttering at Shoreline looking down one of those 4x scopes. Fuckin $800 build from 2014, here.

5.56x45 buffed to irl damage when?

it was already buffed newfag

>killed by someone skating around while facing away from me

real fuckin neato

>euro EFTG
>map, meta, weapon, strats and gear discussion
>amerilard EFTG
>muh desync
>muh 256mb of ram not enough for game???!?!!
>muh died and lost all gear shit game

americans yet again shit at video games

Just a hardcore feature bro

Is 9mm the biggest meme?
I shot a dude straight in his unarmored noggin and he just turned and fucked me.
I don't think it was desynch because everything was working fine.

yes. 9mm is as good as you think it is in a world where most people wear armor that is at least designed to stop 9mm.

There's a reason for the never-ending 9mm being weak memes on /k/

Can't wait for a 1911 or USP mane...
45 STRONK

i really want 1911.
I allready play like solid snek if I had a pistol to go with it.

Is there a single streamer for this game that doesn't look like a Low-T libtard cuck, or is this game just for virgins?

>ancient .45
>not based .40 S&W
P226 when

>40 short & weak
GO HOME FBI

>is there a single streamer that doesn't look like a low-T libtard cuck
No