/arena/ - Arena FPS General

It's time to go back edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Q:C News: Hotfix will be released 18th january, next proper patch will be presumably released at the last thursday of this month (25th jan).

>Tutorials
youtube.com/watch?v=SSNNhUAVRuA
youtube.com/watch?v=gpir6ZZKmcM
youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=dkED2PSrl1c

>Q:C custom weapon skin showcase, complete with dual wield:
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play Q:C
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-yQanjY92nQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for Slash!

>tfw last thread died early

>You will never marry Visor

No marriage for Visor, only rails.

feel the best to play ronk
>1 Ranger
>2 Visor
>3 Clutch
>4 Nyx
>5 BJ
>6 Galena
gets bad after this
>7 Doom
>8 Scalebear
>9 Keel
Trash level
>10 Anarki
>11 Sorlag
>12 Slash

lemme explain something to you Tim. The closer you get to high speed, traditional strafejumping movement, the better. Ranger beets Visor only because of the unique power of RJ passive. Clutch is third because even with untraditional movement it has movement similarities (great at going fast in one direction, bad at going fast around corner) and is a blast going mega-fast. The characters fastest at speed control around corners SHOULD NOT ALSO BE the fastest characters. Fucking insane. There is an inherent balance to high speed = airborne = limited directional control versus low speed = on ground = friction to control change in direction . Super harsh speedcaps on a bunch of strafejumping characters (520, 480 in middle tier) with higher speedcaps on corner-takers (the Trash level) is srs fucking what the fuck tier "balance".

Eat a bullet.

So after losing to a 200+ ping Anarki in a duel, I am now onboard with nerfing him.

Can't hit the fuck with a rail unless the stars align, and he instantly regens 100hp.

Seems like all the high level players I encounter are Anarki/Nyx/Clutch or Slash combos.

They're winning because of their champs, not skill.

And kids said rocket arena wasn't the great equalizer...

play q4 instead

>So after losing to a 200+ ping Anarki in a duel, I am now onboard with nerfing him.
It took you this long?

I wanted to resist blaming something other than myself for as long as possible. If I lose, its my fault.

Unless you play against Anarki, it seems.

4 days quakchamp lives or dies

should just be /quakechampions/ general, that way when the thread dies it's not implying that ALL arena FPS are dead

It lives, obviously.

so what do we know about the january patch? new hitboxes and what else?

Next to nothing, id as ever will probably wait till the last second to release patch notes or even delay the patch till January 30th

well since qc is the only arena fps in which i can get a match 24/7 with

huergh

when's hunter my dudes

next week.. on dev stream i hope

don't you fuckin lie to me timmyboy

one to cleanse the thread

it's time to let go bros
just let it go. it's dead, leave it.

Keel feels good to play and has traditional SJing. Your list is wrong af
Sorlag feels good to use, too. Lower top speed while still having air control make it the character closest to Q1 movement. Crouch-hop will be patched out

>Seems like all the high level players I encounter are Anarki/Nyx/Clutch or Slash combos.
I don't think there's a lot of competent Clutches in Duel. In Sac, sure but not Duel
People are constantly amazed when they see a Clutch that can hang in Duel. Like two threads ago with Agent VS Cypher. Whereas when you see a Nyx or Anarki that can hang you don't bat an eye. This means good 1v1 Clutches are still very rare

Oops, meant to quote

not until we get hunter

keel doesn't go faster than 480 with strafejump, a trivial speed to accelerate to as Anarki, Slash, Sorlag- champions who can go full speed turns.

retard

What does that have to do with "feeling good"
Do you need a literal numerical cap to feel good playing the champion?
He has traditional Q3-like movement with all the limitations and advantages of SJing, who cares if it's 480 tops and not 530. That's a small concession to try and dial back his strong active (and it works, he feels honest)

>We get Hunter
>Her new model looks like a tranny

Just to make this thread more alive than previous one

Truly captures the essence of the /arena/ experience

it has everything to do with "feeling good"
Keel moves traditional but slower than those who move with advantage. air control tank champion is faster because? Keel has to be capped at extremely low speeds because?

We are coming here everyday, just to suffer.

>It's time to go back edition
go back to /v/ faggots

Nobody knows but I find him decent right now, just not mobile

i used to play instagib all the time in college and recently got the urge to, again. quake live - dead. reflex - dead. does quake champions have instagib? or any arena FPS that has players?

Not yet but if they want to make classic mode in QC (in custom game), instagib will probably work the same.

BJ is such a good guy for his little brother

why there are no straps on the backpack?

brotherman billy

makin' me sad

What's the best color for this slut?

I always thought she looked better in the store, where she has pale skin rather than literally white skin

prerender or photoshop maybe. We should have BLACK slash

>We should have BLACK slash
fuck off, slash is a pure maiden not an aids carrying monkey

>groovy hippie chick slash as a set
interesting

>A smack taking druggie who probably shares needles and fucks with dudestarslmao guy
>""""pure"""

slash has never seen a peener, idiot

gimmie some gamemode ideas /arena/

>men of pineapples
all keel, full stack on spawn, everyone has perma quad, no pickups on maps, only gauntlet, 25% faster grenade cooldown

Someone saved my image! Yay! I mean- "HUH"

What game is everyone playing?

quake 4

Scalebearer is suprisingly fun on DM/TDM, especially when there are going rampant Nyx/Slash/Anarki. Just bodyslam those fuckers if possible, then follow-up with active.

QC because it's the only game with active development unfortunately, there was also Q4 emergence lately, little (to none) Dusk and that's about it.

fuck off
you singlehandedly killed the previous thread

Lmao, angry UTard detected

>s-shit someone called me out on my attentionwhoring
>b-better call h-him a mad t-tard! t-that will s-show him!
i hope you get run over by a truck

>this buttmad
Lmao, typical UTard

scale shouldn't be capped at 480/520. the whole
>Strafejump to 480 only, hold W to run 520
screams "I"M A HUGE SHITTER IN CHARGE OF DESIGN AND BALANCE". Keep the low acceleration rate, move the cap up to 720, get rid of the hold-W mechanic. Done.

kek, well done fellow slipgate marine

is the brother living at the top of the kill

More info about the patch when? Also where is the roadmap we were promised

ask tim

Forced scalebearer, no weapons.

"back to the roots"
Champions have no special features and only skill matters

It's the color of the lighting in the render ,you can see how it's messing with the color of her tattoo and breastplate a bit as well. Slash's first three skins are all really pale but still have a bit of flesh tone, mostly on the body, it's the bob-cut skin () that makes her completely unnaturally colored. I'd love to upload an image but apparently Veeky Forums is having a fucking aneurysm.

this is coming in the next update

Don't worry, Tribolt will fix this soon

wow i almost feel bad i've refunded this game yesterday after 0.8h playtime

HUERGH

Are they ever going to fix heavy champion hitboxes? It's fucking retarded trying to play clutch when you get stuck on bumps that do not even exists.

>you will know the peace of the gods by force, if needed
what did she mean by this

ffs fuck /pol/
took me far to long to post that and the pic didnt even load

also i got a frag btw

>sitting on 50 unopened chests and 450,000 favor

Give me patch without new year's shit already

Play battalion 1944

come on user open one and post results.

You will submit to her

youtube.com/watch?v=-yQanjY92nQ

>720ups
Flying 150dmg nukes from passive just trough SJ'ing aren't good either (I'm abusing RJ to achieve this effect already). I think allowing scale to be able to strafe 520ups is enough.

this music is very passe and the editing could've used more work

Man rockets are just oppressive in QC, don't have rockets? Good luck. Don't have rockets but lg? Hope your aim is top notch because it sure ain't gonna stop someone from just running straight at you.

And I just learned that faggot who made a bunch of videos for Titanfall plays Quake now. And he's still a meta shitter who loses at sacrifice.

that's why it's so good

pls no

The only thing that really fucked with LG and RG (both seems to be slightly underpowered) is the global 25+hp boost.

So guys next VO vid is going to be galena, send some Galena memes if you want them in the video.

Yeah, with the new hp values they should probably add +10 damage to the railgun and zoom. I don't know what to do with the LG though. The most obvious answer would be a damage buff but that would most likely just make light champs even more powerful because we all know the soon to be hitbox changes won't do diddly squat to curb their dominance. Nothing I can think of will make the light champs less of a cancer on this game and make it less fun/viable to play anything but evil.

>galena

Who?

what's this now? there's been previous ones too?

Nice

>hitboxes a bit wider
>RG does 100 damage
>Lights hp nerfed to 100

fixed

same stack / model size / base move speed for everybody. Clutch should be tank because his ability can shield damage, not because he has little bigger base stack and fatter model because that kind of balancing just doesn't work with quake.

HAAAR!

I'm not saying they can't nerf lights, I just don't think they will. Or at least enough to curb the amount of people playing them ingame. I hope I'm wrong but we'll see in a few days.

I can't get QC to run at a stable framerate above 90 at Low settings, but Doom (2016) runs at stable 90 with High. What the fuck?

Can I

Maybe

tick tock. another three days and this game is dead

Can I force some settings through my gpu drivers or something to fix it? If there's a known issue I mean.

I still think the frameraite is bound to your internet connection. I have weak and sometimes unstable upload and it can stutter like a Parkinson person when it gets wonky.

Are you sure? I mean that sounds kind of really retarded.

Oh and if it is, do you think it's cumulative with framerate hit from having high settings or independent of it?