pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34

>What to Play
pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/CTJ0hpLe

>News
Crawl tournament over, ganbatte, etc etc:
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.21/overview.html

New gigantic DDA mod release that lets you win DDA!
github.com/tyrael93/Ascension/releases

IVAN 0.51 released
github.com/Attnam/ivan/releases/tag/v051

New Sil fork out.
github.com/sil-quirk/sil-q/releases

ADOM r88 released for free, includes new secret boss and dinosaurs, get it here:
adom.de/home/downloads.html

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Roguelike Servers:
roguenex.us/ (CDDA, angband, PCB)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
hardfought.org/ (Nethack and variants, including slex)

Other urls found in this thread:

ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Nihilist_ending
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nemelex is best god.

Turns out there's a new adom ending where you destroy the universe, gods and everyone inside it.
ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Nihilist_ending
Also the scroll of omnipotence is now an item.

>player ghosts are now all speed 10
>you can no longer suicide your SpVM after he learns Mephitic Cloud and forgets Sting and laugh as the kills rack up

>vow never to play ADOM again
>Biskup adds new ending, new dungeons, new towns, new artifacts, ability to get the drunk guy laid
>itch slowly returns

cease

so now you suicide your NaVM after he learns meph, forgets stick, and trains a decent melee weapon

>>player ghosts are now all speed 10

some superstar player probably complained after getting his streak broken in the tournament

im mad i never learned how to make a crawl bot so i could create the ultimate spvm ghost spammer

roguelikes are fucking gay lmao
>splats

>no Alien roguelike where you have to navigate ancient alien ruins, avoid/defeat Xenomorphs, and come up with a kit to kill the Xenomorph queen

you mean aliensRL?

Is there a reason to play DCSS on the Webtile?

spectators, saved high scores/player stats

oh, I guess maybe I do

but also,
>no tfwnogf roguelike where you have to navigate a multiple-floor shopping mall to assemble a kit to ask her on a date

Accusing other DCSS players of savescumming

>no coming of age roguelike where you have to navigate different life philosophies/core values/parents' expectations of you, avoid/defeat cringey/cliched ways of expressing yourself, and assemble a kit to get a fucking job

>bragging rights
>tournament participation
>e-penis measurement
>feeling inadequate
>hitting on players who may or may not be girls (female)
>circlejerking
>stat tracking

But I already lost that roguelike user

>no Chad roguelike where you win everytime
>walk straight through the dungeon to wizard, tell him to give you the amulet
>'its okay, it's not the best amulet of yendor I've seen though', hand it back
>leave through a sidedoor hitherto unbeknownst to the denizens, continue straight into bottom of Angband
>sneak up behind your buddy Morgoth and snatch his iron crown as a joke, hand it back to him laughing, start to pal around
>as door swings shut the wizard can hear "hahaha yeah he was so nervous he almost dropped it when he handed it to me, poor guy, he could get a girl he just needs to learn to be himself..."

Alright boys last thread I've follow you tips. I'm D:11 should i just keep getting deeper or i do lair?

ctrl f 'flaming', if you're lucky there'll be a flaming axe for hydras, if there is no such thing that's ok, just run away from hydras you won't miss out on much XP, if you can't run away just use Brothers in Arms on the hydra. That fucking vamp axe, god damn, you are set

>enter berserk at 25% HP
>leave berserk at 100% hP

You must go deeper.

axes crosstrain with maces and flails

he can just grab an ego flail for hydras

>100 HP
>18 AC
>8 EV

whumping on a hydra with a beater stick seems pretty risky with those stats, maybe if he spams some of that wand of acid or iceblast first

it's fine if he goes berserk

he can just zap it a few times then zerk

ezpz

>enter berserk at 25% HP
if this ever happens youre fucking retarded
you shouldve decided whether the fight was tough enough to need it and berserked at 100% hp or at least 80%

>zap noisy wand of iceblast on unexplored level
>enter berserk with +1 mace of freezing equipped
>at 1/2 HP by time hydra's dead
>some shit woken up by wand of iceblast now comes around the corner
>try to swap out to vamp axe
>you are too berserk!
>try to run to stairs
>you feel slow.

You can berserk on hydras, but it can be dangerous if the player doesn't pay attention to how much noise he's making and how unexplored the level is.

it is the classic reasoning of the novice MiBe, "uh oh I'm low HP better start using my panic buttons", and really knowing whether or not something is going to be a dangerous encounter beforehand only comes to most people through experience (repeated splatting)

Assuming you mean vs. offline tiles:

Webtiles is a reasonably nice mix between console and offline tiles, in that it has an "enemy danger" tier list to the right of the screen -- a nice and clear way to see if the monsters on screen are dangerous at your level.

Otherwise, webtiles will inevitably have lag.

noobs can ask other people to spectate and give advice. It's also fun to watch people splat on webtiles, and embarrassing when someone watches you splat.

>the primary source of mutations is mutagen, which requires ~8-10 cooking skill and recipe books that can only be found by raiding labs
Or you could just use the pre-cooked mutagen that you find in the labs, you fucking bimbo.

beep boop
tomato soup

you find tiny amounts of that though
if you can raid the shitloads of labs needed to actually get any significant number of mutations through that you are just as OP endgame already-past-all-meaningful-content as the guy with 10 cooking skill

It doesn't change much. If you can make mutagen, you don't need it. If you can't, you risk being stuck with garbage you can't get rid of. It's not even high risk, high reward because most good mutations do almost nothing.

I was able to wrangle up a decent amount of mutagen while still being a fragile baby with mostly low non-combat skills. iirc, I ended up dying to some turrets at a military outpost.

Besides, becoming an evolutionary master who can manipulate his genes by cooking up buckets full of specific mutagen serum is a late-game kind of thing.

>It's not even high risk, high reward because most good mutations do almost nothing.
They are free upgrades that grant you bonuses you can't get anywhere else. There is basically no risk involved, because mutagen and purifier tend to come hand in hand.

in DCSS, which god in the pantheon fathered the demigod player race?

me

sif muna fucked a kobold

>fathered
Did you just assume their gender?

the dcss gods are all unloved outcasts that nobody on the surface worships, which is why you can't start worshipping any of them
the ability to e.g. turn corpses into gold is, unsurprisingly, far less useful when you don't kill thousands of monsters per day searching for orbs
trog is also useless on the surface. he only gets worshipped by homeless drug-addict bums who can't even afford real armor
there are probably way better gods up top outside the dungeon with the ability to boost your crop yields or get you laid or whatever
one of those cool non-dungeon related gods fathered the demigod race

got a +9 exe axe of flaming AMA

XOM

can you be banished if you are lignified?

can you be banished if you are a ant?

can trees use passage of golubria or lucy blink?

trees can't walk into pogs becasue they have no legs

so why can't ants tele, because they have antennae?

what does that have to do with trees getting banished
trees have stasis, same as ants
stasis does not prevent banish
the end

Wake up, rlg-chan~

All insects have intrinsic vulnerability to poison, as well as immunity to teleportation.

formicids don't have rPois, do they?

They have neither rPois nor -rPois

no player race has rPois-, do they? And there is only 1 insect player race, formicids? That's a strange generalization to make

Underrated post

ffffucking caustic shrikes. I killed at least 5 of them, but that's not enough. They're literally worse than juggernauts

damn I just realized I coulda unwielded my disto sword hoping for a blink/tele/banishment. fuuuck

>ability to get the drunk guy laid
n-nani

if you do the volcano quest, you can reuinite yggaz the drunk with his estranged wife the ice queen

it says that none of the good gods admit to trysts with mortals so don't count on their good nature, by process of elimination neutral and evil gods

He meant insect monsters. They nearly all have -rPois

no

they have notele to enemy bugs only after they gave it to player ants

*gave

wait are you serious, monster bugs can't be teleported? Since fucking when. Do D1 worms count as bugs? Are you telling me they can't be teleported?

monster ants/formicids can't be teleported
entropy weavers were formicids at one point but i'm not sure if they still are
there are some other formicid monsters that can dig walls too, i think?

boring beetles could dig walls, but alas they weren't interesting enough so they got removed

>hated unreal world the first time I played it
>tried it again
>have spent 3 days playing it nearly 24/7
>paranoid to lose my log cabin and all the stuff I've gotten
>never adventure anymore
>fish and cut down trees constantly
>cleared out an entire island full of trees
It takes so long to make a cabin I'm too scared to adventure because I might lose it.

Do my skills ever deteriorate if I don't use them?

>Do my skills ever deteriorate if I don't use them?
Yes. Maybe.
Try walking one step further every day. You can do it user, don't let her take control of your life!

>try walking 1 step further
>have to choose between all your equipment getting stolen or being stabbed to death
Reeee

bring back rock worms imo

what are some roguelikes with giant mecha
is gearhead any good?

let's try this again
what are some roguelikes where i can play as an eldritch horror and shove tentacles into NPCs' brains

what are some roguelikes

I dont know anymore user

can you kill an OoF with a D1 club?

steamband
tome4 in a sense
incursion with prestige class alienist

Is Alter Ego a roguelike?
>turn-based
>text interface
>permadeath

poor girl, married a drunkard

Sil spawned two forges at 100ft. Never had this before. I've got 5,700 exp to play with and a free skill to use. Any tips on wat do?

What are you playing? And do you have means of restoring your stats?

Sorry forgot to say. I held back on investing in anything. I've not picked up anything remarkable, although basic armour is nicely covered that using one forge for that would be a waste (Mail, boots, cloak).

I've been tempted to try a game spamming a load of +3 arrows. Would also leave enough exp in the bank to pick up sprinting when I need it.

>literally no xp invested
Well, you could go for anything really. I like to get cloak of warmth and a dwarf mask so I dont have to rely on RNG to cover the basic resists personally.

>not sil-q
I'm sorry.

>Playing knife ears
>Not going all in on strength
>Not dying because the game is poorly balanced but doing it again anyways
Disgust

whats the best fighting style in cata? i like krav maga because it gets +4 to hit, blocks, +cut damage. i also like gun.

Weeb ichi ryu with diamond katana folded 9001 times

In older versions, could you wield the orb of zot and beat things to death with it?

Did you know if you stand next to fire in cata, you can spontaniously combust, in the middle of rain, practically naked, with no items that are actually particularly flammable? I now know this. Rip my best char. Just wanted some eggs.

Found a legendary ring, among all things it gives me slaying +4 and str -5, Im MiBe, should I keep it?

>lighting a fire in the open
make a brazier or fire pit dumbass

:( tfw brainlet

''Among other things''. List the other things.

str -5
slay +4
rf-
rn+
sh+

rf- is bad. rn+ is meh. sh+ is okay only if using one. The slay v str should result in an overall damage increase. I'd use it if you can compensate for the rf-.

okay, cheers!

I still don't think people have managed to understand how crazy overpowered biscuits in DDA are in terms of food quality and crafting efficiency.

Biscuits are both healthy and use two flour units (which never spoils) and one milk/cooking oil units to make a batch of 8 cookies with 24 nutrition each
that means that every single flour unit gives you 89 nutrition, which is insanely high and it also improves your hidden health stat with every single bite which makes it not also good but also good for you.

Flour can be easily harvested from cattails found in swamps in any season, even in winter when swamps aren't swarming with horrible monsters, which means that they're the only plant that can be used in winter to eat since all the others are dead and foraging in winter only nets you plastic cups and other trash.

All you need is either cooking oil (you can get that from cooking fluid sacs from triffids of course but that's boring) or milk. It's quite easy to mod milking NPCs, but since that's fun it means that it actually requires you to code that specific case.
it's even easier to add a mutation that lets you milk yourself.

Really, adding a mod to milk NPCs for eternal winter labstarts was the most logical conclusion.

Is there anyway to check for my characters resistances in such in DCSS? So I can see an overal sheet of everything.

%