If God is real and there is an afterlife, why should I care about this world?

If God is real and there is an afterlife, why should I care about this world?

Why should I care about my education, politics, global warming (inb4 global warming not real, that's not the point) my health or my freedom?

Why shouldn't I just fuck the society and spend my whole life praying?

Isn't this life meaningless if there's an afterlife that lasts forever?

no this life means everything because there is an afterlife where things last forever

Why are you assuming that all it takes is praying?

Hence why many early Christians sects and "heresies" were life-denying, anti-natalist and even anarchich/antinomian.

If I am supposed to be happy in the afterlife (if I go to heaven), then all of my current problems are going to be gone after my death. So why should I care about anything that happens to me here, instead on focusing on getting to heaven?

Even if i knew the world would end tomorrow, i would still plant trees
- Martin Luther

that's a good question m8 might explain why christians threw themselves to lions, or whatever the stories were.

Why though?

This on its face makes no sense. How can this literally tiniest fraction of the smallest possible amount of my existence matter so much compared to the rest?

People must just really not understand how big and long time is. If this life can matter compares to literally sitting around for eternity in some other place.

This truly makes no sense. Which it shouldn't because it's based on premises that themselves do not make sense.

because that tiniest fraction determines the rest
therefore it is more important

I'm not going to defend fucking martin luther.

YOU CAN HAVE NAMES???

God an the afterlife most likely do not exist. Therefore life your life well. To totally abandon the only time you will ever get to exist is the only true sin.

> why should I care about this world?
because there may be a few lessons to learn silly

Because not behaving like an asshole is a good thing in a finite world as well as an infinite one

The bible says you shouldn't care about this world.

Every bible.

>Why shouldn't I just fuck the society and spend my whole life praying?

Because out of the same reason that simply doing good things so as to go to heaven without faith won't actually give you a spot in heaven.

True faith needs to necessarily focus the human on this world, silly.

The way I've rationalized it is that this life is like a proving grounds to become wholesome and godlike, and the best specimens get to move onto the next stage. After all, would you want a bunch of degenerate normies who weren't exactly "evil" enjoying heaven with you?

>If God is real and there is an afterlife
He isn't, there isn't.

Veeky Forums has convinced me to go right wing with their /pol/ views but what really turns me off is that these guys honestly believe God exist. God does not fucking exist, how can people so smart honestly believe such fairy tail bullshit. So delusional.

Excellent post, is there a way I can upvote by way of tipping my fedora to you?

whys that. ive seen christians on here saying that this worldy life doesn't matter and using that to aide in arguing about things like the problem of evil.

>If God is real and there is an afterlife, why should I care about this world?

You're on the right track. Spend far more of your time and resources on what is eternal, and far less on what is immaterial and temporary.

Once your eternal situation in heaven is secured, then you can spend the rest of your life following the promptings of the Holy Spirit of God.

Because the problem of evil is a temporary problem. There was no evil before God made the angels, and there will be no evil once the fallen angels are confined to the lake of fire, along with the rebellious humans foolish enough to join them.

One of Christianity's big things is the whole "make Earth feel like heaven" gimmick.

So Martin did actually say something worthwhile
What would you do if you knew the World was about to end? Run around screaming? Go commit some crimes?

Martin suggests planting a tree because I assume that's what he considers to be an enjoyable and productive hobby. The point is you shouldn't treat the last day of your life any differently than the rest. Do what you enjoy, without harming our neighbors or the world at large.