/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

buffs never edition

TO NEWFRIENDS: DO NOT BUY THE "STARTER EDITION"!

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links
[New site under construction]
physixcat.github.io/r6gfaq/
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw
r6maps.com

>Official News
Operation White Noise is live
60Hz servers are live
4.2 mid-season reinforcements patch notes are live:
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-317056-16/operation-white-noise-mid-season-reinforcements

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Stat Checking
r6db.com/
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw
r6maps.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

rate

>tfw no short spanish ctu gf with a temper to match her height

mira a shit

Why do I win often in casual but am copper 4

People play dumb in casual

Fookin rood m8

*opens your window with shock drone*

psh....

she has it coming

It does make that noise

>stands in front of the window as you attempt to hit it with ONE of your FIVE (5) darts LMAO

desu

Well spotted, user.

r8
Left after year 1 ended and just re bought the game for PC recently

I like when Dokkaebi goes braap braap with her SMG.

>play thunt
>terrorists start running out of the building shooting me from 16 angles

>it's a "teammates get way too cocky and we lose the game" episode

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY TRASH PLAYERS

Like you?

>team goes 3-0 in a ranked match
>retards start getting overconfident a do stupid shit like risky runouts and meme picks
>start losing
>suddenly it's4-4
>last round
>good start with 4v1 to us
>cockyness returns
>everyone starts doing stupid shit again and entire team gets picked off one by one by the solo survivor
>lose

EVERY
FUCKING
TIME

>I don't see how badly I play myself, so it must be everyone else

Everyone fucks up, and you definitely one of us.

It's preparing players for PvP

>it's a "user doesn't use the mic to coordinate with his teammates and watches them die" episode

i-i hate reruns...

Okay lads, here's the thing
I've played a couple of hours on this game, I know the basic terminology and can tell the characters apart, have unlocked a few OPs etc.

However, it seems like every round I get fucked in the ass, either by people lasering me from a place I didn't even realize was possible, or just instakilling me as soon as they enter my line of sight.
How do I get better at the game? Is it worth it to stick with it?

Practice. This game is 90% map knowledge.

>dunning-kruger.txt

>dead before they even shoot
Why does this happen so often.

user nobody is going to care what you sound like and their opinions don't matter anyway, it's just a voice on the internet. You are one of billions!

They never check the header.
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw
r6maps.com

>le peekers advantage
>peek
>every time they see me first

REMOVE ELA

Remove you.

sexist pig

balance is nonexistant........ im level 25 i get matched with level 100 and 150........ ubi wtf are you doing.......

>no lvl balance
>no rank balance
>no operator balance
Siege is one unbalanced game and it is all by design.
>they match you p with people who have cosmetics so make you want cosmetics
>they match you up with people who have DLC characters to make you want to buy those DLC characters

You'll just get bad habits if you play with bad players.

>stat poster

kys

That business about the matchmaking based on cosmetics is the newest CoD, not siege. That would be way too complicated of a system for Ubi to do. It wouldn't work if they did it.

Hey now facing 5 man plat stacks in casual is an awesome learning experience! Getting shot before you have time to react really helps you learn how to shoot! Getting team killed when you renforce the wrong wall really helps you lean strategy!

It does actually if you pay attention and look at where they shot you from or learning not to fuck up reinforcements and ruining the round for you team.

Kill yourself, fake news trash man

>get killed by some bullshit
>round ends a second after and I can't see how it happened
thx ubi

Main Castle, lil White Boy.

Learning through force of application has been proven time and time again not to work, user. It's why Collegiate boxers don't do full contact with Olympic boxers for training. It is counter productive to the learning process.

There's a huge difference between full contact boxing and playing a video game you retard.

Be honest, do any of you actually use flashbangs or smoke grenades beyond like the occasional "oh that's right I have this I suppose I should use it" scenario?

both are games of strategy and skill, I don't see much of a difference

i use it when i need to enter some place thats for 99% camped already also if you have a glaz on team it helps him a bit

One you get punched in the head.

smoke grenades are incredibly useful for blocking sightlines. doesn't have to be used for "glaz thermalscope xd" faggotry

>2 hours

Come back in 40 when you have some decent map knowledge which is 90% of this game.

Yes. I like to help out anyone playing glaz on my team or if I'm playing hibana or blitz.

>implying Ubisoft is competent enough to make something like that

You're giving them way too much credit.

>Queues casual
>Game's at prep phase
>Leave and queue again
Happened 3x in a row fuck this shit

>1 vs 1
>drone out bomb site
>can't find the guy on site
>plant drone by doorway
>tell team to watch it
>move onto site
>start placing defuser
>instantly get dropped
>guy was above bomb site looking through little memehole in the floor

what the fuck are you supposed to do in this situation?

>0-2 in casual
>bottom player on our team who has been bitching the whole time leaves
>win 3-2 without getting a replacement
is having an empty slot truly better than having a shitter?

clear out the room above the site

Don't plant on breakable floors.

Nevermind, just saw ABOVE. Ignore my retardation.

is that true

you should have realized he was upstairs earlier in the game, either by clearing out the top floor or putting drones in cheeky places to monitor movement. he didn't just teleport up there. it sucks, but if you're a 1v1 attacker with a matter of seconds left and no intel, you ARE at a disadvantage since the enemy can win due to inaction, but there's steps to mitigate that.

in your situation you're probably just fucked, but it is your team's fault

Is it me or is the ART5 mission even worse about the piss fog than it used to be? I've been getting it on the matchmaking TH's and I don't remember having to be within melee range to see T's before

Three speeds can reposition in a heartbeat. Out a room and up a staircase wouldn't take any time at all. The moment you lose a visual on a hedgehog you might as well assume they are no longer anywhere near there.

sounds like you could've droned and domed him
don't just focus on finding enemies in plain sight, you need to read the room itself too

>tfw the last defender is pulse

Activision got a patent for a matchmaking system that pairs people with paid gear with people who don't have it so as to invite envy on the part of those without the items. There was never any proof that they used the system in whatever the most recent cod is called. But this is also the game where people are rewarded for watching other people open loot boxes in-game. So the expectation for quality or standards is pretty low.

>0-2 and 3v5
>we bring it back and win

Mfw I'm iq and the last defender is pulse

are the servers going down in 1.5 hours or tomorrow night

"monday 12am eastern" is 1.5 hours but I don't think that's what they mean

How do I get better at Kapkan?
I feel like I understand him fairly decently, but I want to play him as good as possible.
Should I be more roamy or campy? Right now I kinda go back and forth.
Is the shotgun at all usable? It feels weak as all hell but I like shotguns, I want to use it.
Should I stick a silencer on the VSN?

I like lurking near the traps. Catch them running through and they won't be able to see anything

I main Mute. Castle and I are best buds.

I main Ela

Stop posting that fucking thigh mutant, this is Castle

aight, just got ash
which one of the ARs do I take?

kap is shit, his traps are useless without spawn knowledge and you'll only hit one or two if you throw them on/near obj, but thats only vs retard rushers or panicking attackers with no time
is right, ambushing is great and merits a silencer of course
shotgun is garbage

She only has one

G36

I know, I'm trying to figure out which one

R4-C

Which one what? She only has one AR-pattern rifle. The other is a G36c

Sounds like someone doesn't know how to peek.

autism

buying blackbeard was a mistake
>trying to peek
>big ass shield giving away my incoming position
>enemies prefire before I can actually move to see them
>die

I regret buying him too.

>tfw you will never play pre-nerf Blackbeard

Maybe you should spend money on post-release content.

R4C is objectively better and still will be post-nerf, but I use the G36C anyway because it's my raifu.

I just got shot through my shield in pre-release, and I hated the scar

*Blackbeard picks up megaphone and puts it to his mouth*

RELOOOOADIIIIING!!!!!! *KCHINGK* *CHKK*

The one that they are "nerfing" next update. Literally the only one you should ever use.

the bitrate is too bad to see it but judging by the angle and height difference I'd wager that he shot your head below the shield and through your rifle

Blackbear is one of the better operators in the game. Watch any of the pro league/invitationals and you will see lots of Blackbeard. He lets you win fights you shouldn't ever win. In a head-shot focused game he literally stops you from being shot in the head. The only people who think BB is bad are low ranked people. Same people who think Fuze is any good at all.

You can see me set back behind the lip

>uninstall the game ages ago because of the bullshit technical problems and slow matchmaking
>friends get me to reinstall saying that the issues have been fixed
>reinstall, turns out they have, start playing again
>first two weeks I'm fucking destroying, aces, carrying, you name it, in both ranked and casual
>I've never played this well, except when I first got the game
>start to get worse and worse
>finish out my 10 ranked to get the seasonal ranking
>I slip from Gold II to Copper III

How the fuck am I getting worse the more I play, but better the less I play?

>but I saw
How copper are you?

Sounds like your MMR got all sorts of fucked, or you are trying too hard and not relaxing while playing.

That's just more evidence that our camera should be in our head and whats in front of us be where it appears