/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, with a fall 2018 PC release.
↳The third and final PS4 beta has concluded. See you at release!
↳A Limited Edition Rathalos PS4Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Elder Dragons + Deviljho: youtube.com/watch?v=lmwxyM3sPwc
↳Full 2018 Winter Event Livestream: youtube.com/watch?v=FuxxrCmLi58
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Moveset Changes: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

what do i do until release

Threadly reminder that waifu faggots should all be hunt down, tortured and killed. No exceptions.

>He didn't solo kill Nergigante

monster on huntress is the best

The ultimate question:

Digital or Physical?

Why are male hunters so much thicker in MHW?

With bows, does it make sense to charge shots or do rapid fire? What has a higher DPS? I wish they didnt add all this dashing shit. Bow was just fine before.

>three threads in just a little over half a day
Hype is real! Can't wait!

here are some low quality pics of the "painting"

Bow is gutted, dude
Dragon Shot or literally not at all

>not playing beta with irl friends and family for 3 straight days

Why doesnt this game have a Hydra yet? Each head does a completely different roar, acid/fire/electric spit, and so on. Also you can get up on the hydra's back because of its size. No Nakarkos doesnt count.

Can were agree that most of the New World is some sort of crater?

This is Bazelgeuse. Say something nice about him.

Did they change bows too much in world? I'm loving the game, but I really got into using bows in 4 and X. But now they feel so short range. Like, you're in such close range that you're basically melee range anyway, so why is it even a ranged? Especially the close range shot, like damn you have to be so close. But since it's ranged you have to take time loading up or making a shot, it's ultimately less safe and less fast than any melee.
Idk, I just feel like the "long range" bow isn't really ranged at all.

I'm buying digital deluxe, since there is no physical option that includes the DLC that isn't super expensive like the collector's edition.

All my friends only play on PC, none of my family play games

Digital if you want to play as early as possible (not including illegal sales).

Physical if you can't play before Friday evening anyway.

Lay in bed and cry.

You gotta Shot the Dragon now, my dude.
It is... unfortunate.

cry in a corner like me

The Beta is over!
Post your favorite webums and screenshots that you made!

Hammer, Lance or Dual Blades guys

I'm sorry user

So Nakarkos essentially? I mean that's the closest we've got.

SOME FOLKS ARE BORN, MADE TO WAVE THE FLAG

>crater
>when the coral highlands extend so far into the sky that it could be considered a pseudo-ice area

the everstream is probably a crater of some fashion though

All three desu senpai

Bow has always required you to play a bit closer than the bowguns due to the charge mechanic. You shouldnt be in melee range though. You might be a little too close.

No I want it to be mobile and dragonlike, not just some dumb gimmick skeleton squid.

Switch Axe is ruined for me
I'll never be able to go back to any of the older games and use it after World.

cringe

Do people say this in real life or is this just an internet thing?

Lance

you forgot to add funlance to your post
play funlance

Hammer, dont be a faggot.

I look forward to putting his weapons and armor to good use.

Keep your carving knife sharp, and you'll carve a ruby someday

Is this you?

I say it to your face in irl too if you talk like a shill

LANCE

DO WE HAVE ANY INFO ON MHW'S ARENA? WHAT ARE THE REWARDS FROM DOING ARENA QUESTS, NO ONE HAS SHOWN SO FAR.

I feel the same way about DB and CB.

That's pretty cringy m8

keep the back of* your carving knife short.

World is fun.

H-Hello...

Please go away....

G U N lance

It's mostly online and a pre-teen thing. No one with any self respect says it unironically.

That's a nice painting

Lance.

not mine but

You're a good boy, son

Right back to waiting...

Did max ever beat nerg yesterday?

How long did it take to paint this?

But I don't want people to think I'm a kid. I need to use a grown ups weapon.

Honts?

3 for lance, 2 for gunlance, 1 for hammer. And I'll eventually play them all.

I guess I'll go with one of the lances, but it's hard to decide. Which one's harder to play

Yeah, he had to do it solo with DB.

4 days, 2 hours!

>all of that flair for 32 damage

I'm still waiting for someone to use this image for meme purposes

I don't know

funlance is harder to use efficiently

Question about the damage numbers in the beta

sometimes they were white, and sometimes they were orange, doing higher damage. what's the condition for getting the orange numbers? they seemed to be consistent with body parts but changed every minute or so. i never figured out why they were happening sometimes in the first place.

hitzones

You hit the monster's weakpoint

Is this from the new God Eater?

Why haven't you modded your 3DS? Not only can you play MHXX with BASED nip bros, you can use a dual shock with virtually no input delay instead of Nintendo's not ergonomic toy designed for child hands.

die zinogre

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Gunlance is a bit harder. It'll be shit in the full game as usual though

but i felt like, even if i aimed for the head the entire hunt, sometimes i wouldnt get the orange numbers even though i was clearly hitting the head. do rage forms change weakpoints?

>I'm so glad we left anime behind with MHXX!!

Are you talking about Nergigante? Because you'll sometimes hit his horns which are a different hitbox than his head.

Though his horns will break if you keep hitting the head and not the horns

Some body parts take more damage than others, this gives you the higher orange numbers. However, some monsters have abilities that alter those body parts in ways that might alter their resistances and how much damage they do. For example, Barroth can cover itself in mud, making mud-covered parts take less damage even if that part is normally a weak point. Nergigante also has his spike mechanic, where any parts that have white spikes growing from them will take more damage, but any parts that are bare or covered in black spikes take less damage.

nergi and diablos, so diablos might be the same case with his huge horns.

that sounds accurate to what i experienced

ok, it was probably just hitzones, but sometimes it's hard to tell what exactly you're hitting with the monster flailing around all the time. thanks for clearing that up

Anyone use Gamefly? Was thinking about doing the trial to get World without paying for a month, so no chance of buyer's remorse. But if I do this would I be able to get it launch week or is the queue probably too long now?

Why the fuck was GL so strong in the beta and why will it be shit?

d7Bau4aDkLw
Can someone help me with Nergigante before the demo ends?

level 3 shells

It's over, baby

Catch me up on this meme

A-user...

Oh the weapon info said it had level 3 shells? But Nergigante was a HR monster wasn't he?

GL is always good in betas/demos because of the shells being above an appropriate level.

Once the game releases it will surely go back to being same akward to play, mediocre meme weapon it always is.

>Huge crater after a meteor crashed into the world

oshit
we Ayy lmaos now?

Bazel is so fucking lame

he's handsome

Anyone else thinking "what would it be like to face Rajang with the new lance" shit after the beta?

Barioth lance looks so good

someone still has the artbook pic with the rebellion set, I lost it

*potion walks into thread*

So how did everyone enjoy the beta? How many double dippers we got? I'm the only person in my group of friends that isn't waiting until Autumn 2019

The screenshots taken of Bazelgeuse were blurry and shitty, some user pointed out that some of the blurred trees and rocks looked like a digital painting. This caused a good bit of confusion but that user was BTFO when the screenshots were eventually proven real.