steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

Mechwarrior Living Legends:
clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Heavy Gear Assault:
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

Have No Fear In Your New Fafnir:
mwomercs.com/fafnir

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s (embed) (embed)

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Some of the MWO Models and Cockpits:
gamemodels3d.com/games/mechwarrior/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg (embed) (embed)

Kendrick's Sound Mod for MWO:
dropbox.com/s/wjktvbas4l52udx/z_BE_Civ_1.8.pak?dl=0

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=619&l=98d25c7b01150e4b17c6812a1f84a365b569e456
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=416&l=d4af4b16227e75a1da150550df6ab6a6f964537f
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=369&l=a272e2feb8691980baf0ca220c1c524cba9f572f
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=369&l=2d46ac6306f68121d2e1456c694a0b57ee962db2
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=369&l=02719731b1968fa4cf889f07e71f514718225700
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Please stop making these threads. Thank you in advance.

NEVER!
NEVER SAY DIE! NEVER SURRENDER!
Unless you're House Liao, bitches.

why did they have to nerf my AC2 blackjack with skill tree, you can't even get it back to the same way with skill tree, same with some other super quirked IS mechs that are now just mediocre

why even have the skill tree, no one cared about the old version even if it was shit, this version gives you the false impression of choice, not only that but survivability is practically taken 100% of the time

the game could live without a skill tree? skill tree wasn't even for balance, quirks were supposed to balance mechs, skill tree is just fucking retarded

>used to run a SRM2x4 Locust that had like ~52% cooldown
>skilltree tore off 15% of the quirk and then also gave less cooldown than the upgrade system+cooldown module did before
>it's now down to 27% cooldown in total
I really miss when bad 'mechs had better quirks, the only one that really got out alive was the TBT-7M but even that will get hit eventually if it ever becomes more popular

skill tree just blanket nerfed all mechs as they toned down all quirks, it ironically hit IS mechs harder than Clans because Clans have mechs which don't even have quirks so they had a more net positive effect

Ayyyy Liao.

KONG
STONG

>it's missing the R because they don't target things, lest someone steal the kill

gonk stronk :3

Read the patch notes. Is the LGR not shit anymore, or just less shitty?

still pretty shitty, it shouldn't have a charge time at all desu

>Piranha warhorn
Holy shit that sounds awful, not looking forward to hearing that in matches.
Why are all the clan warhorns so fucking bad? The Viper is awful too.

AWOOO BEST WAR HORN

How would you expect a fish to sound?

If I alpha with two HGauss and one Light Pepsi, does it generate 9 heat or 15 heat? I don't know what to do with the leftover tonnage.
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=619&l=98d25c7b01150e4b17c6812a1f84a365b569e456

I wanna stuff MRM60 on a King Crab (0000 with 4 hardpoints and 10 crit slots after I install an LFE). What's the best way of doing it, 2xMRM30? One 40 and one 20? I believe the missile tubes are 2x20 and then 2x15. 3x20 is 21 ton, 2x30 is 20 and 40+20 is 19, so 40+20 wins here. Heatgen-wise 3x20 is 6x3, 2x30 is 9x2 and 40+20 is the winner (?) with 11.5+6, 0.5 less in total. I guess what I'm asking is, how important is having the amount of missiles to roughly correspond with the tubes? The best I can do is 3x20 which will mean the first 20s will fire instantly and the last one will fire the last 5 missiles with a delay. But weight-wise 40+20 is the best, but the 40 will fire in two steps. The weight savings are really nice, though.

40+20 is better than 30+30 both weight- and heat-wise.
Delay is irrelevant, you're still spending less time than with a laser.

>Delay is irrelevant
Thanks, exactly what I wanted to hear!

As a side note, the heat penalty for striking two MRMs that the 40 generates is incredibly low (1.61 heat) so if you go 40+20 you should fire them both at once rather than worrying about ghost heat. It's only bad when you get to three MRMs with a 40 in the mix.

Oh, I see, I was just wondering about that.

I think people are scared of MRM40s because aside from Rocket Launchers the only other weapon with a heat penalty at 2 is the AC/20 family and those things generate a tremendous 11.52/13.44 heat depending on which AC/20s you're using. And that's enough to easily overwhelm you and shut you down. So they see Heat Penalty at 2 launchers and think "Oh fuck it's probably something massive" but two MRM40s barely generate any ghost heat and even three MRM40s isn't TOO bad (5.23, which you'd want to avoid but it won't melt you)
MRMs are some pretty heat efficient stuff, which is nice.

>I'll take it easy and get 600MS in two, maybe three matches
>grab my Deathstrike anyways
>get a really good position and take surprisingly little return fire
>get a lot of excellent, clean shots on enemy CTs
>every time my isobaric speakers go off it spurs me on a little more
>5 kills, 1000 damage, 620 MS
Well, that's that I suppose.

pity bump

So are there some builds that only really come alive with a full skill tree? Or are most things just good going to better? UAC and ECM builds kinda seem to take a decent jump with the related skills but are still pretty usable

ECM is literally unusable without both nodes in Advanced ECM.

How come people still bring ECM?

Because it's still a cloak of skill if you invest in it, it's just garbage without skills. If you've ever spotted someone at like 500m with ECM on their red dorito, that's because they're running unskilled ECM.
With skills you have to be at like 270m to spot them which is good enough for most sniper builds.
I might be getting the ranges wrong though, it could also be 360m for max skilled and 720 for unskilled which sounds more correct to me because PGI hates their playerbase.

Thanks that explains why I could see through ECM

r8 my mech that I made months ago when I was new and played a bunch

If you're IS and want to take it to the next level, try to fit Stealth Armor on a mech. It renders you completely untargetable, with the only way for anyone to see you being visual confirmation. It's not PURE invisibility, but if you're lower tier it's extremely close. The trade-off is that you're covered in a "hostile" ECM field too, meaning that the circumstances under which you can lock an enemy mech are limited (you can still target mechs that are under a UAV, spotted by teammates, etc but if you're solo you're just as blind as your enemy is)

Laser AMS kinda defeats the purpose of having ECM.
Try this, the full pulse layout means you deliver your damage quickly and precisely and stealth lets you sneak up behind someone and alpha them in the back for 36 damage before they even know you're there. It'll also let you make a smooth getaway if they do realize someone just turned them cherry red and they turn around to fight back.
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=416&l=d4af4b16227e75a1da150550df6ab6a6f964537f

thanks for the build mang and yeah its been months so I forget why I tossed both an ams and ecm on

bamp

Post YFW Pirahna being a glass-machinegun, stuggling to do anything in first 5 minutes of the match.

the real joke is going to be the matches that are literally full of 20 ton lights
I know what I'm playing for the next week.

What is the best IS streak boat?

And clan?

For Clan it's either the Mad Dog as pictured or the Stormcrow for the additional speed that lets it keep pace with a light for longer (you'll never be able to chase down a Piranha but every second you spend within Streak range counts, that 16~ KM/H might be enough to get the killing salvo off before he breaks away)
You could also run a Streak Huntsman (ideally a Pakhet) but it's about as fast as a Mad Dog and will only really carry the same armament so might as well just run the Mad Dog that doesn't require hero omnipods to function optimally.
In general though the most important function of a streakboat is missile hardpoints, followed by speed. You want a mech anywhere between 20-60 tons, depending on what kind of streak role you want it to fulfill. You could run a light/medium mech with smaller/fewer streaks and a big XL engine to actually keep pace with the lights you're hunting, or you can run a bigger slower mech with a whole bunch of Streak 6s that is designed as an ambush predator.
The Mad Dog will never chase down any of the lights/fragile mediums that it hunts- instead you lay in wait and alpha strike them once they're close. The idea is you seriously cripple them or kill them within 1-2 salvos.

Just like with myst lynxes they will appear at the end of a fight and clean up

>paying $20 to get farmed by Streakdogs
sausage, old men.

MWO:... I want to be free...
○ ○

OwO

>A7S-S
>2x MRM30 + AC20
>somehow still shit in most situations
>when you can manage to ninja though you kill entire teams
Is there any way to make the Atlas viable as more than just a damage sponge or ninja brawler? Seems like the Kodiak is just better in every way.

Stealth Armor lmao
buy a D-DC you Dumb DickChugger

D-DC is shit. I have D, D-DC, S, and K.
Only S is even remotely viable and it's still shit 90% of the time.

stealth armor stops working outside of solo queue.

>Atlas in group queue
Ask me how I know you're a retarded detriment to your team

>they dont know that ATM's are the superior light molesting weapon

How about mixing streaks and atms?

What's better for laservom, Black Knight or Stalker 3FB?

>light gets within min range
>starts molesting you instead
lmao okay grandpa, time for your nap

>implying they are going to get in min range if you stay with your team and leg them with one salvo while they fuck around

just try it

Probably the Stalker, honestly. More weight to work with, better mounts, ECM.
The Black Knight isn't BAD for what it is (a 75 ton heavy in your dropdeck) but it's been nerfed pretty hard and the Grasshopper is basically better at this point.

Atlas K has armor and cause cooldown quirks and works quite well with the Hgauss and a big MRMR0

Gauss cool down not "cause"

And MRM40 not "MRMR0", fucking autocorrect.

>tfw can never relive old era MechWarrior moon physics, jumping 2 miles into orbit to land 2x goose 2x pepsi on someone 1200m away

ATMs are good if you get the drop on them. A smart light will hug you, at which point your ATMs are useless. The earlier user's mention of being an ambush predator works well with ATMs though. 18 ATMs at close range on a light will generally send it running
Personally I'd stick to one or the other. ATMs are very heavy as a missile option, and trying to put both will likely end up with not having enough of either.
The first few weeks will be a shitshow, no doubt about it. But if you play the Piranha smart like most other lights, it'll shine. It'll be good for scouting/early caps in the first half of the game, and if it lives long enough, will be a scary assassin in the late game. Full LMGs for range and then just rake in damage+cbills for destroyed components everywhere.

You're the exact reason pepsi and goose are mediocre weapons. I get the feeling PGI is only ok with LGoose and HGoose for now because they wanna push the Fafnir.

Why else do you think the HGauss got a buff? They want more people to buy the Fafnir.

You're the exact reason jumpjets are mediocre garbage. Fuck off for ruining everyone's fun.

Will Piggy do away with the retarded balance shit they did with MWO in MW5?
There's no reason for UAC jams, no knockdown, or ghost heat in a fucking single player or coop PvE game.

>everyone using lrms to farm score
>not just ams builds to farm score instead

Please stop making these threads. Thank you in advance.

>not using LRM + ATM and AMS to double-dip

Are gauss cannons on the Mad Dog-C variant a good choice? I got back into MWO after not playing for a long time and I want to get a Mad Dog cause it's my favorite battlemech

Not really. Waist high arm mounts that still get blown off super fast, not to mention you have next to no ammunition anyway.

nice meltdown

phil is treaming btw

>it's my favorite battlemech
it's an omnimech

I've been too use to calling mechs in general as battlemechs, excuse me.

>excuse me
Now I feel bad, it was just a pointless low effort shitpost. If you like the Mad Dog, try it with two ATM12, maybe? It's a new weapon and it can do some pretty serious damage.

In that case, would a Mad Dog-A Variant be more viable?
It's fine user, I'm still out of the loop with a lot in MWO so would it be a good idea to buy the cheapest Mad Dog and then buy the two ATM-12s?

Prime and H have pretty good missile related quirks, Prime has slightly more velocity but H has better energy mounts (3 in one arm for your lasers, 1 in another for TAG). Got H on sale, it's kinda expensive now but it's a Clan mech so you get a good engine with it at least.

I'm pretty close to getting enough to buy either of them, might go with H and go with the other user's suggestion on ATM12s

Mad Dogs are made for missiles. In a pinch they'll serve as a 60 ton laser platform, but the Stormcrow will outperform it in that role handily.

If you're dead set on running dual gauss on a mad dog, you need to buy the hero, Bandit. Only with armor stripped arms and torso mounted ballistics (which are waist height anyway, so utter garbage) can you actually afford AMMUNITION for that build.

The energy ones can actually do reasonable amounts of harm for a 20-tonner, and there's variants that can go mixed HSL-uSL/LMG and be annoying enough on someone's back armor to be dangerous.

I'm already gleeful every time I get a Locust in my lock-on with ATMs. Piranhas are going to need to be even more evasive early on if they're going maximum dakkablast.

UAC jams are in TT rules to keep them from being objectively better ACs (which is also offset by AC special ammunition) Why cry about that?

The TT jam rate is FAR lower than the MWO jam rate.

I actually do this on a Hunchback IIC. Lights hate it- if they get close enough to avoid ATM fire, I've still got the twin Streaks and lasers chewing on them. Makes a good tag-along for covering heavies.

The decent-speed one is 2x6, 2x6, 2xERML:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=369&l=a272e2feb8691980baf0ca220c1c524cba9f572f

Slightly slower but ATM 18 + 2xSSRM6 + ERML (or 2ERSL/HSL) instead:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=369&l=2d46ac6306f68121d2e1456c694a0b57ee962db2

Fug. It's missing it's LAP- lose the arm heat sink and add the probe + the missing arm armor. Alternatively, slowboat with TAG if you feel like being irritating wherever:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=369&l=02719731b1968fa4cf889f07e71f514718225700

I'm tier 1 can I shitpost now?

Moreover, a jammed UAC in TT actually is useless for the rest of the game. Piggie did that too at first until people beat them with clue by fours and they went with first an unjam system, then the simple one we have today.

Shitposting has no requirements, much like the entire MWO PSR system.

beampu

Thank goodness, I just made it to 4 so I was concerned for a moment

It'd be better if it was more like the RAC, based on firing rate rather than blind chance. With the UAC, you might get no jams, or jams every time it fires. Or if you're playing Clans, it's just permanently jammed.

Speaking of which, there actually are Clan RACs. We get those later on in the timeline however.

Tier is an exp bar anyway, and experienced shitposters are a pillar of the internet.

I feel like a jam bar would have to be either small or decay slowly. Otherwise there would actually be no reason to AC. I think just toning the rate down slightly so it's still a toss of the dice would be fine

Or just have it jump up more per UAC shot. With RAC, it goes up at a decent rate because it fires so quickly. With UAC you could set it to something like 25-50% jam bar increase per extra shot, so you're risking a jam after two or three shots rather than potentially jamming all the time.

So would off-cooldown rounds not add to an existing jam bar or would the bar empty after a full cycle?

>BSW-X1 needs another 2mil in gear to do work
Fug

Firing normally wouldn't add to the jam bar, and it would decrease during cooldown as well. If more balance for the jam bar is required, it could be set to stall until a full cooldown cycle is completed, and then begin decreasing. (i.e. get bar to 75%, then hold down left mouse to fire per CD, bar would remain at 75% but neither raise or lower)

If you fire mid-cooldown, it would increase the jam bar by a large percentage (i.e. 25-50%). This would be enough to allow people to at least snap off two or three shots quickly if they wanted, but attempting to fire more becomes risky. The jam percentage could also be set higher for larger caliber UACs to keep people from firing off a UAC20 five times in a few seconds, while allowing a UAC2 or 5 a bit more leeway.

It's worth it though. Be patient brother.

Considering I'm still a ways off from the X1 as well, it'll be a hot minute

Technical question: anyone know what rate a laser tics at for damage? I'd wager it's the server's ticrate but I'm not sure

What exactly is the issue with regular Clan ACs? Is there something shitty about them that isn't openly obvious?

UACs do the same thing better. They were originally placeholders for a dualfire mode LBX, but Paul failed and rather than removed, they remain as "content" to fuck the newbies.

And why are ACs still used by some IS mechs instead, especially when IS UACs don't jam nearly as often as Clan ones?