www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA
>Comics
wiki.endless-space.com/comics
>Soundtrack
soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
>ES2 prequel
www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3572-the-last-flight-of-the-gray-owl

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

STALEARIS
>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_hell

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Civ IV XML fix
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WORLDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1276150834
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1276586380
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1272355355
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

F

Will the next Stellaris patch/dlc make the game feel less like a dead-eyed homunculous and more like a fucking game?

F

No, the next DLC is literally just a couple of mods that will be sold to you for about $20 probably. The next patch adds a better fleet UI, makes ground battles more annoying, and has an attempt to stop doomstacking that will likely just result in multiple smaller stacks on top of each other instead of one huge stack.

A better way to put it:
You might have 10 lasers that do 6 damage each every 5 seconds - or 1 laser doing 72 damage every 60 seconds - for the same price.
But - due to the way armor works in Aurora, your 10 smaller ones have only a small chance of actually inflicting Damage on anything important. The only way for them to do it would be for two (or more) of them to hit the same place.
This is what we call 'sandpapering' - removing Armor with tons of small hits before you can get to the 'juicy' part.
The big one, OTOH, will not only punch through, but will deal at least 40 damage on the first hit.
The same kind of shit goes for Missiles.

Huh, wouldn't it not be that hard to just copy Tomb World Habitability? Guess I'll have to look into it.

>force disparity bonus
>smaller fleets will now """magically""" get a buff in proportion to the difference in manpower
>so you know all those armies you beat with your superior doomstack, you now have to arbitrarily replenish more now anyways

Thanks Wiz, this is exactly what I wanted when I told you to fix the shitty combat in this game.

Shut the fuck up and buy my DLCs you toxic misogynist little faggot.

>This isn't a MMORPG, son.
It's more like Dominions IN SPACE, IMHO:
You've got Counters to EVERYTHING.
You've got Counters to Counters ...
Counters to Counters of Counters ...
Counters vs Counters to Counters of Counters ...
Coun ... aw hell - you get the picture.

Make you Swedish Fish munching motherfucker

What I love about this idea is that it doesn't just discourage doomstacking, it actively punishes the player more for having a superior economy and fielding a bigger fleet as you'll be taking more damage than you normally would.
So what, you bring a giant fleet into enemy territory and spend all your time splitting it up into smaller chunks just big enough to win? Before reforming and chunking them up based on the size of the next fleet the AI brings?

Seeing as you can only halve and click and drag for fleet management, Wiz thought this would be """fun""" for the player? Oh wait I forgot, everyone will be too lazy to optimize and just doomstack harder to try to overcome extra losses, so basically you're just punishing the player, thanks.

Make me*
Jesus, I shouldn't post when I've been drinking

I'm new. What are some good games?

Minesweeper is a classic

Chess is good, checkers is for plebs

rock paper scissors

I wonder if they'll add in more faction-specific events.

I imagine the Vodyani would lose their shit upon finding Tor.

Tic-tac-toe is fun

Ive had a blast playing uno with me m8s on table top sim recently.

I like it. But try one of the other backgrounds for the militaristic feel.

>Too bad the mod that mimics the gaia world start can't implement it properly
Which one are you using? I know of three that work perfectly. And add native preservation to your mod list for planetary enclosures.

Buy my DLC.

Already did.

C-can I buy two?

Amplitude's artists truly are a godsend.

>Come back to stellaris after not playing in over a year
>game is completely impossible

Here's a quick rundown of all 10 games I've played so far. Early game I go ham colonizing and researching so every one shows as inferior tech wise to me with equivalent everywhere else, I declare war on some faggot who decided to colonize on the other side of me, sandwiching me between his borders, I get my 1K fleet ready to go to the planet he attacks, he shows up with a 2K fleet and memes on me. I don't remember it being this dogshit, am I just a shitter or did the devs crank the difficulty way up?

stellaris would be interesting if it was possible to have tens of thousands of systems and hundreds of factions

now the galaxy just feels like a backyard sandbox for kids

You are just dog shit. Use frontier outposts to claim resource rich areas and colonize slowly. Ideally you should place your first colony after you finish your first tradition tree. The more planets you own, the longer it takes to research new technologies and traditions. You should be using kinetic weapons since they are superior and ignore researching shields and armor if you are going to attack in the early game. Your rivals will have gotten them and you can pry it from their cold dead hands. Rush minerals tech since that is the most important then go for weapons and ship upgrades. For destroyers get PD since the AI has a fetish for PD. Cruisers are the best ship type in the game and you should use plasma cruisers (Kinetic Artillery front, medium plasma for other slots).

having a huge universe with lots of factions is its only comparable advantage as a 4x.
making it bigger with no other content doesnt make the game better

this happened to me after a hiatus as well.
stellaris doesnt play like a 4x, strategic decisions dont matter that much. it plays like an rts. build orders and more build orders

Was just doing some thinking about Stellaris while I was brushing my teeth. One of the things that bothers me is the inconsequential nature of losses in ground combat. As of fight now, army costs are relatively insignificant when compared to ship costs. You know exactly how large the enemy army is; and once fortifications are eliminated you simply have to bring a large enough army in to win. If you meaintain fleet supremacy, it's simply a matter of time.

An interesting addition would be having protracted wars, with large amounts of causilities, particularly civilian and army causilities in wars of aggression, leading to effects in overall happiness in unrest. One shouldn't expect no consequences within a government if an entire generation is chewed up in global ground warfare campaigns that make Verdun and the Somme look like little league practice warmups. There should be internal consequences to different types of military campaigns being protracted, with high levels of causilities and no gains towards victory, that simply don't exist at this point. These consequences would add both strategic depth (as to differing governing types choosing to continue campaigns or risk slave revolts/civil war/democratic succession) and consequences to failing to achieve victory while engaging in "meat grinder" style wars of attrition.

For example, you could have Democracies with pacifistic pops more inclined to unhappiness and unrest in protracted wars with high causilities, than would be effected within civs with authoritarian warmongering pops. These consequences could, in turn, be mitigated by certain army choices.... such as choosing to make armies of clones or droids to avoid the governmental consequences of high causalities (*cough* Clone Wars *cough*); or if your enemy is hellbent on engaging in a campaign of outright genocide.

Ground combat systems (as with most of them, really) in Stellaris are very bare bones.

I agree, but I feel that those changes should be reworked along side the implementation of an espionage/sabotage mechanic. For one thing, make it so that you have to garrison troops to control an enemy planet. This can add the ability of guerrilla warfare the adds war fatigue to the occupation forces.

>it actively punishes the player more for having a superior economy and fielding a bigger fleet as you'll be taking more damage than you normally would

You're making it sound much worse than it actually is.

Combat at present is pathologically flawed because a 100k fleet vs. A 50k fleet currently ends with the 50k fleet totally wiped out no survivors and the 100k fleet on 98k.
The "small fleet buff" is ridiculous bullshit yes, but its there to balance out MORE ridiculous bullshit.
Also this is - in terms of game design and outcome - exactly the same thing that EUIV's combat width does, but nobody spergs out about MUH MAGIC WALL 12 DIVISIONS LONG even in /gsg/.

I have to fight back the bile defending Wiz here, but in thus case he's right and you're autistic.

Is there any reason to play Stellaris over DW:U?

The fleeting novelty of it.

>did the devs crank the difficulty way up?
They did make the AI less retarded i. the early game, yes.
Protip: never DoW anyone unless you are looking at their fleet right now and it's smaller than yours.

REEEEE no endless space 2 sale :(

I'd say that he's running circles around real issues and that's why it's bad

>making it bigger with no other content doesnt make the game better
Actually it does, because when there's a jillion empires it's more possible for you to find one with the right combimation fo guarantee/pacts to be able to meme ypur rivals into warfare one by one, rather than having every war be half-galactic-bloc vs half-galactic-bloc.

>Civ5
>keep getting bullied by my neighbor
>continually declares war, marches an army to its death against my walls, and asks for peace over and over
>build up an army after a while
>tfw every one of his cities have a major warmonger penalty
What the fuck man. This asshole has been busting up my shit since the dawn of time and I can't even slap his shit once without the world getting pissy?

I'm going to buy endless space 2 when it goes one sale this Thursday. Give me some beginner's tip

Start your first few games with the United Empire or Sohpons. Do not try the Riftborn, Vodyani, Vaulters, or Unfallen until you've played the other factions.

Yes. Try getting them in peace deals instead.

>solid shell dyson sphere

Why would you play Civ without the expectation of being everyone's enemy?

It's the only way to capture 100% of a star's energy. It's just fat harder to accomplish than regular satellite cloud Dyson spheres.

you know that doesnt work in stellaris

I'll probably just end up tolerating the hate until I can get nukes and blow up everyone.

>It's the only way to capture 100% of a star's energy
Just use concentric slightly-offset ringworlds nigga

a manpower system might help.

I usually like to chill on my own little island minding my own business and trading with everyone until I begin cleansing the earth

That's even harder.

If the star was completely encased, wouldn't you get 100% of its energy regardless of the container's shape?

On absolutely max enemies huge galaxy it sometimes did.
Or maybe I'm remembering the glory days of 1.1 when you could DoW protectorates.

Well, compounding the issue is that there's no reason to break fleets into smaller components instead of single giant doomstacks.

Given the vast distances that actually exist in space, most sci fi shows have had space navies, broken down into several smaller fleets; following historical precedence and logic regarding the need to defend trade lanes and ports from multiple adversaries and the need to engage in several theaters of war simultaneously (for example, the USA had an Atlantic and Pacific fleet out of necessity of fighting a 2 front war.... one that would only be exacerbated if their opponents had navies the same size as theirs, with the same industrial capacity.

Concentrating the fleet, in such a situation, in order to gain a decisive victory over one of their opponents through the concentration of available resources, would leave crippling vulnerabilities in other areas; in scifi- opening population centers to orbital bombardment/invasion; destruction of space born production assemblies, etc.

In other words, there's no reason to have several smaller fleets doing several things at once, instead of a single huge fleet doing one thing. This, in turn, means there's no situations in which superior stategic mobility by several smaller fleets, can be used against a concentrated and unwieldy one. (Espically since ship design is so limited that it won't let you sacrifice firepower/armor for speed. Battlecruisers instead of Battleships; in other words, the game needs more creative strategic opportunities, and additional ways to take advantage of them).

That is true, but a sphere is the easiest and most stable form. Regular Dyson spheres are clouds of satellites, they capture only a portion of the energy.

it sort of looks like continents and shit on the inside too

Why?
The reason solid-shell dysons are impossible is that everything except the equator isn't in orbit, so it's only the compressive strength of the material that stops the poles from dropping like a stone into the star, and no material has enough compressive strength.
With concentric ringworlds, everything is in orbit around the center of mass so the major problem is mooted.

You can still declare war on protectorates though?

but also remember that to have any gravity, both the sphere or the ring worlds would need to be spinning, and absolutely no material conceivable has the strength to not get ripped apart

Literally wait till the 25th you doofus.

Friendly reminder to remove kebabs from your systems :

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1276150834

thiccc

pretty sure magnetism can hold it all together

Saw both of these mods pop up and they look pretty interesting, thoughts?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1276586380
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1272355355

Play a better game.

What would a civilization of actual Space Angels look like? What civics/government would it have in Stellaris?

>Why do so many people close their eyes when they reach/are close to "climax"?

You don't?

Personally it's so I can better imagine I'm having sex with somebody more attractive instead.

Is it because those factions are hard to play or they come with a disadvantage at the start of the game?

One of the two but depending on the faction, both.

Let's say your rival A has a defensive pact with B and a protectorate over C.
In 1.9 if you DoW C you're at war with A+B+C, and when it finishes you have a treaty with A+B+C.
In 1.1 if you DoW'd C you were only at war with A+C. And also if you DoW'd A you were only at war with A+B, not C, so the end of the war didn't give you a treaty with C, and you could immediatly DoW C to force A back into hostilities even though you had a treaty with him.

Uh they switched tier 1 and 2 luxuries in ES2, finally. Didnt make sense to have the flat bonus tier 2 and per pop tier 1.

INJECT ME WITH ENDLESS LORE NOW please

They also lowered the bonuses of flat rate luxuries.

Yeah well it's tier 1 now. Still much better early game.
>spawn on jadonyx as sophons
>instant boner

It's much more stupid and creates even more snowball situations. At least make it scale on planets colonized or something...

How is that news?

It would be news for everyone not living under Trump.

The second one looks more interesting to me, but I'd have to play with them to really get a feel for what they are changing.

Your pupils dilate from the pleasure, making you more sensitive to light.

Ya, I guess I forgot about that. You can still declare war on A and then declare war on C to get double the rewards now.

I was bored so I decided to make an empire based on one of my robot empires I like to play
the robots in question were 'friendly' exterminators, which just think they are helping organics by throwing them into suns

INTO THE SUN YOU SAY?

>not having hivemind butterflies

The vaulters ruined everything for everyone else on Auriga and caused the blight.

The diplomacy in Civ VI is so shit I actually love it

>Mvemba a Nzinga starts next to me
>spread my religion to him which he loves
>really friendly for like 200 turns
>aztec fucker starts bullying him
>I join a war against the aztecs and expel them from his territory
>liberate two of his cities
>10 turns later
>"I AM TELLING THE WORLD OF YOUR SINS"
>"uh...ok"
>few turns after that he declares surprise war on me
>"I WILL NOT LET YOU PUSH MY PEOPLE AROUND ANYMORE"

Epic.

Are you sure? I think it gives you an A+B+C treaty whoever you DoW now.
The one trick that you can still pull is that if you DoW an empire (protectorate or otherwise) who is completly destroyed by the war, then you don't get a treaty with anyone and can keep right on rollin'.

But I already knew that.

This gets me thinking, why aren't riftborn religious? Their view can easily transition from alien to monolithically hostile to organics.

How did you guys get past the entry barrier to enless legends/endless space that is the fucking atrocious UI? I have tried getting into them five times by now but I can't keep playing for more than 10 turns without just quitting outright

>pic may or may not be related

Some of them are interested in diversity to learn how the new universe works. They're mostly isolationists though, while Religious are for expansionists.

I didn't notice any barrier desu
Your pic may be related, sorry.

> pro-diversity isolationists

yes, into the sun, and these are the robot empire in question, which I made first
I already have like 3 different hiveminds, and like 3 robot races, I wanted to make something different

Keywords : some, mostly.

Dumb wiz poster.

Shit. The UI is pretty don't get me wrong, the ui is pretty and I'd assume it looks great if you know how to play the game, but I have no clue what I can do or should do at any point. honestly this is probably just because I am bad at games but somehow stellaris was extremely simple to get into for me

I did it yesterday where I declared war on an empire, realized his protectorate wasn't in the war, and declared war on it too. Since empire A had help from 2 others, dragging the protectorate in just let me grab another planet.

Well Endless games have almost no documentation so if you never played a 4X before it doesnt help.