/tesg/ The Elder Scrolls General

>Mods, modding GUIDES, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!

>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/wt4tJyKW
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/BZsXJB9T

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75941/
wiki.step-project.com/Bashed_Patch
nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/14365
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45807
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

help pls

What is a bashed patch? Have you tried not using it?

Doing stuff at 3 a.m.!

Post your load order in a pastebin, maybe someone can help you out.

tesg anime when

>What is a bashed patch?
A-ar...are you for real?

Don't use bashed patch and just stick with NMM you can't go wrong like that.

Probably next decade

Where can I get those antique glasses?

Waifus
Lore
Harmony

pls dont troll me im trying.

I should probably learn how to make them their own mod, but just use Addmenuitem and then promptly ignore the giant blond elf in whatever tavern he hangs out it.

I genuinely don't know what a bashed patch is. What it does?

>forget link
Fugg :-DDD

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75941/

>Oldrim
Nooooooooo.....!

>am told to visit team TAL's patreon for dark souls armor and weapon mods.

>there's literally only one dark souls thing and its from 2

Wtf guys

Are you actually retarded?

Good morning /tesg/!
I hope you all had a nice weekend.

Okay i got bashed patch working, i just have one last question. The mods that Wrye Bash disables, you arent supposed to reenable them right?

I ask because step guid says they are now incorporated in bash patch and to leave them disabled but when i go to load my game it's saying that im missing those esps now.

not really

Sorry the page literally showed everything but the dark souls stuff for some reason. When i refreshed it was fine. Ily user

No need to be rude.

Morning.

It was alright.

I did. Discovered a whole new hentai site to visit. Only problem is they have no search function so I have to browse tags like a peasant.

Nice waifu, shame about the cig.

if you mean those esps that become bashed patch esp then you leave them disable

It's getting better for sure, shaping up to be a good week.
Ooohhh, sorry user. Maybe something like that wouldn't be too hard to convert?

wiki.step-project.com/Bashed_Patch

Same to you.

I downloaded the beauty of skyrim mod user suggested. Im not sure, it's too clean and smooth, this doesnt look like a decrepit dungeon.

Try Vivid Landscapes.

Or this: nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/14365

vivid is what i had and what im comparing it too.

also stop linking special edition mods nobody plays that meme.

There's some dungeon textures included in Nobel Skyrim. Haven't tried them yet, but they look nice enough.

it's textures

It looks fine. Your image quality is just terrible and we can't see the details properly.

Vivid look too rough and dark

Yeah, it's a millennia old cave, the look fits.

*Noble
Damn it. Here's the link, anyway. nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45807

Linking Classic skyrim would be more convenient though, unless it's a mod that's only on the SSE nexus.

Yeah, it's SSE only for some reason.

Anyone know if you can use MOBS on an existing game without it fucking up?

>exploring raven rock mine in Dragonborn dlc
>get to the final area with the dragon word & shit
>read black book & get transported
>load previous save because who knows where the fuck that takes me and I wasn't finished exploring yet
>do the boss
>read it again & immediately pick it up
>doesn't teleport me
>try reading from inventory
>doesn't teleport me
>reload save & read it off pedestal
>it picks it up automatically & doesn't teleport me

what the fuck?

anyone know any good boipucci presets i can build off for my character?

I don't like it. It deviates too much from vanilla design. Like these textures are very hard on the eyes imo.

talk to faust or aylen or ada

I'm not really sure. Did you check the readme? I know that might be an obvious thing to suggest, but I know it slips my mind sometimes.

IDK, mine don't look like that. What lighting and ENB are you using?

idk who any of those people are. give boipucci pls.

Dumbass.

I still don't know its purpose.

Yeah I read it doesn't mention it. I feel it should work since they aren't new weapons just modifying stats of pre-existing ones, just wondering if that will fuck shit up.

Damn. Well, I think it'd probably be ok. Oblivion doesn't tend to bake things into save games as much as Skyrim does.

how do i get mods like the unofficial patches for skyrim on the nintendo switch?

Anyone here still play Skyrim?
>want to do build I haven't done before
>Alteration is new I haven't really done that yet
>done a lot of bows but never crossbows
>maybe mix in Conjuration? But I've done that a lot
>want to avoid crafting because I do it way too often, aside from maybe Enchanting.
Any suggestions for a fresh angle on things? My last character was mixed Block and one handed Destruction, it was a neat kinda new way to go at it for me.

lol who plays Skyrim? That shit is for losers.

You don't need them. The vanilla game is completely fine. Don't listen to the ignoramuses who say blah blah Bethesda doesn't fix their bugs and you need unofficial patches to fix their game. You don't.

The Unofficial patch only fixes minor stuff.

if im rebuilding my bash patch do i reenable the old esps it disabled before?

You're half right. It's totally possible to play through the game without, but those little things can pile up and break your game sometimes.

I do?

>The vanilla game is completely fine

Clearing dwemer ruins.

I too love carbon fiber anime swords

I'm currently running as a dunmer bard who loves cheese, tea, and exploring. Her mother was a telvanni that taught her a bunch of powerful spells for hand to hand combat. She has a fascination with knowledge and wants to learn as much as possible.

It's mostly speech and alteration as well as a lot of Hermaeus Mora worship. It's a lot of fun.

That's a very interesting character. I prefer playstyles that require more input, its why I can't stay with stealth for too long because it's just one button press every 30 seconds or so. I'm looking for something with high engagement in combat.

>restart game
>works now
>get to end
>read book
>pick insight
>read to go back to solstheim
>does nothing again
this is why I don't buy your game, todd

>still only reads the book after getting out of the dungeon
Dumbass.

If you're into modding and are serious about avoiding crafting, I'd suggest Honed Metal. It lets you pay the appropriate NPC's to craft things for you, including Enchanting. It's dope.

As for playthrough ideas, my advice is to find a mod that adds a gimmick and build a playthrough around that. For instance, Take Notes! is a journal mod. I decided to play a reporter for the Black Horse Courier, and went from there. He's now a dual wielding speed based fighter that travels around digging into things. I found a mod that allows you to heal NPC's, and one that allows you to bury corpses so I created a Combat Medic-turned-Cleric-of-Mara who goes around healing the sick and wounded and burying the dead, specifically in towns and areas greatly effected by the Civil War. Another mod adds spells to your fists, so I literally have a Punch Wizard.

It's all about finding something that sounds neat and rolling with it. If you're not really talking about modding, then go 2 handed heavy armor man, that shit's fun yo.

what?
I didn't exit either dungeon yet, the mines or the weird book thing

>get to end

Best male presets mod? I can't make shit with racemenu

There's no real stealth involved, it IS a lot of brawling though. Mostly arcane fist spells, though I have followers now so I had to tone it down a lot because Teldryn and the riekling kept getting in the crossfire. That's where the alteration came in with Shapeshift Claws+ Oakflesh and whatever the stronger versions of the spell is called.

Nevermind whatever nonsense that idiot is mumbling, you have to activate the book that's in the game world to go back to solstheim, not the one in your inventory

How come that nobody here plays a Redguard male?

I am into modding but I avoid things that completely change the game. I'll definitely look into Heavy Metal, thank you.

Oh I meant stealth as a general thing. I don't like it when every single enemy feels the same.

I'm thinking of Alteration/Two Handed main skills and Enchanting/Conjuration off skills now, maybe try to pick up a Bloodskal blade. Is the protection from Alteration worthwhile enough to handle things in melee?

Both just holster weapons & autosave, similar to what reading the book in the mines did before I restarted game
I'm just going to assume it'll work after another restart but taking a break now

posy butts and titties but SFW

Redguard are weak and other races can just be made black anyways if that's what you're looking for.

Holy shit I have a Dunmer Punch Wizard too go figure. He's even Telvanni to boot, though more of an outcast than yours seems to be.

What's this "Shapeshift claws" spell, and what mods are you using to allow you to tone down Arcane Fist? I keep smashing dudes through the maps and losing all the goodies on their person, not to mention friendly fire, but can't really find a good in-between mod. Cleric would be perfect but you need to be unarmored to get Cleric XP to add more damage to your punches, so I'm stuck running around nekkid getting hit by wolves.
I'm debating making one honestly.
No problem man, if you want to go that route make sure to check out Unlocked Grip, it'll let you switch your 2 hander to a 1 hander so you can cast mid battle.
>best natural warriors in Tamriel
>weak
laughingalikr.jpg

o... okay

Mods ruined the TES games for me.
I've only managed to play MW without mods.

If only I found Oblivion on a store shelf rather from a /d/ fap session, I might have spent hours playing these games instead of modding.

Didn't you already make a Redguard though, Cumtears? Used him to fuck Mistel too.

For me it was different, even though I played the games modless first. The mods just added to replayability as I explored every gook and granny of the original game. You should have just refrained from modding for the first playthrough honestly.

>gook and granny

What's enderal like, guys? do people like it?

"Tone down" for me just means "don't use it with followers around". As much as I like the different AF spells I got tired of hearing "I'm on your side!" followed by an explosion with the message "a follower has died."
Shapeshift claws came with that one Grimoire spellpack, it literally grows giant claws which do a nice amount of unarmed damage, which stacks alongside other buffs and mods like Unarmed helper. It's no arcane fist, but it works when you're all pummelling the same guy or your follower is low on health and can't take an explosion to the face. I also found that using the light one helps a lot since it will heal those around you too. It just isn't that good when not fighting undead. I wish I had a version of AF that scales with level or something, I balanced it out by making the damage taken doubled so the character was squishier.

People like it, but it's a different experience from elder scrolls games. It plays a bit more like a traditional rpg when it comes to world map design, meaning more linear, but not exactly linear.

There's a shitton of complaints on the Unlocked Grip nexus page. Also seems to not work well in combination with Ordinator.

Just putting out how Extended Encounters won't spawn dragons for me.
All events, Vilkas and Farkas dragon hunt, double hostile dragons, double dragon flyby, doesn't spawn dragons and annoyingly resets the random dragon cooldown.
I'm looking at tes5edit and I'm not sure if EE has wrong references to dragon spawn triggers.
I have splendor and diversified, both dragon mods that adds variety to dragons, both from the same author.

What mod(s) would be good for a Khajit caravan empire playthrough?

I already have most of the stuff from the recommended mods, but was wondering what are some others that may be beneficial.

Khajiit speak

Looks like absolute dogshit

SO every time I press Esc my command console opens up/closes. and it also brings me to a menu. any of you know a fix? I'm tired of double tapping just to click my screen.

I met Nim's grandpa in ESO. The whole family seems to have a weird fascination to black makeup.

This reminds me of that nuke scene from Terminator 2.

Ive never played hearthfire, can you make a cozy home?

You add decorations to expandable preset home templates. If customizing houses is cozy for you, then you'd probably like it.

Big Nope!

Why dont you niggers just start posting 600mb pngs already?