/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, with a fall 2018 PC release.
↳The third and final PS4 beta has concluded. See you at release!
↳A Limited Edition Rathalos PS4Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Elder Dragons + Deviljho: youtube.com/watch?v=lmwxyM3sPwc
↳Full 2018 Winter Event Livestream: youtube.com/watch?v=FuxxrCmLi58
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Moveset Changes: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DSjn6WnO3Ao
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

xeno when

dfjsaivjarevjav

This is a Kirin girl

never, leakers seem like they can't even beat bagel

post webms

how much longer do i have to wait

Grandpas literally get flashbacks in this fight

>yfw

Huntresses and paintings!

why don't they fight each other?

What the fuck is Everstream

>it's a fucking bomber plane
11/10 design

A volcano region with a giant fucking space crystal at the top.

Goddammit, i'm feeling all itchy all over just by watching that wyvern pop his pimples en masse. I dont think I can stomach fighting this dude more than once.

3 days, 21h 51m 34s

Asian hunters were better players, they said

If you keep messing with the password line, 4th gen babs are going to unironically make 7243 rooms. You'll have people trying to use both passwords for sure.

rad

>big cat logan

nice

These are fucking beautiful.

>I get to fucking AA gun a bomber to death
holy shit HBG feels better than ever

His theme is similar to war movie music.

I can't wait for the Frontier redesign which has every armor plate be a spike, with its tail being neon electric blue, and the bomber tits having tiny spikes sparking dragon electricity and each one dropping AOEs while a smoke cloud makes him into a stealth bomber.

>only did one hunt with /mhg/ after soloing Nerg myself
>went off without a hitch and finished with 6 minutes to spare

Decided to quit while I was ahead after that.

>HD monhun
>no spoder mon
>no huntresses getting bound and gagged in HD

why

Honts???

Calm your tits, we'll see how passwords work in the full game before jumping to conclusions.

You're slaying me, user.

>▲+O

>cat name
fuck that is the greatest.
Mine's just earl to fit in with the food theme.
w h a t

oh cool another monster we never actually get to touch because he's doing shit in the air and exploding shit on the ground

So how the fuck is the 5th Area unlocked? We know it exist, we've seen fucking screenshots. But what the fuck do you have to actually do to get it to appear? Did the BR say?

We Battlefield now

they're fuck buddies
literally

There's no indication that the game has private rooms with passwords. They've said you join on friends, join straight on crew, or make a public room/join a public room.

>they all have the same face, but different hair
It's just like in my animes.

I love huntresses

Does Bow have infinite close-range coatings in the full game?

Haven't watched anything outside official stuff but if what you say is true I'm really looking forward to the fight.

most of them are obscured and the ones you can see don't really look all that similar.

yes

After beating the Pink Rathian, the Commander wonders about why subspecies from the Old World would appear in the new continent. Then the Admiral (spiky hair grandpa) appears and shows you a literal magic ore with energy pulsating in it, and says he found it in the Everstream. You'll get an expedition access to it right after that.

This one’s really easy to prepare for ahead of time. On the very unlikely chance passcodes are numerical again, then the more sensible thing is reverting it on discovery of that. We can start getting everyone (including the not insignificant amount of 4Ubabs) on the same page starting now, rather than the chaos of release day. Please just leave it there unless we do find out otherwise.

but a huntress will never love you. ;_;

How the fuck do you even stumble in the first place? Never happened to me in the demo.

there are only two hairstyles in that picture

Run out of stamina while running down a slope would be my guess.

>het
ew.

One more thing added to what a couple of people were saying last thread, these ARE actually 24 fps, meaning they look even more "like a movie."

I think it's a cheap trick and it doesn't really do it for me (most of the time I've spent in theatres has been watching girlfriends' reactions more than the actual movies anyway), but it's still valid if it makes you feel something.

Three colors though.

How did that naked nergi hunt go?

Feels bad

But sprinting down the slope makes you slide, and you don't use up stamina when sliding.
And if you run out of stamina normally, you just stop in place panting, so you wouldn't be able to step onto the slope with no stamina.

You only stop to pant when you stop moving. If you keep holding sprint and moving when your stamina runs out, you'll start to move very slowly until you quit.

Vids like this really make me wish I hadn't devoted to much time to trying to git gud with CB. I liked LS from the first time I saw it, but I was convinced I couldn't manage the gauge well solo.
>youtube.com/watch?v=DSjn6WnO3Ao

Unless it's changed in World, when you run out of stamina you start running slowly and hunched over with exaggerated arm motions, the same animation as sprinting in town while drunk from drinking ten mugs at the kitchen. You don't stop to pant until you've actually stopped trying to sprint.

You do consume stamina when sliding, it goes at a much slowe pace.
But you can just run out of stamina BEFORE you approach the slope, and continue holding R where you're supposed to slide, and you'll just roll down

can someone post the picture of those 5 female armour sets alongside each other (one of them is the nerg one)

>I wonder if I should play more beta
>the final PS4 beta has concluded
>have to wait FOUR whole days
AHHHHHH

Oh really? I somehow didn't notice that you could continue moving with no stamina.

>password drama
Are you guys too young to have owned an actual phone? God, I feel so fucking old.

Gonna post some armors cause why not

>tomorrow is preload day
>rathalos controller still hasn't shipped yet and seems it will on release
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I remember some literally who youtubers getting paid by Capcom and starting their LPs of 4U a few days before release (only to drop the game shortly after their contract has expired). But I guess they're not doing this anymore even with their best shills like Arekkz.

Legiana Beta

I want to get paid to play video games...

>will never have smol asian girlfriend
man, this sucks.

It sure is gonna be shit if those squirrelly room codes we saw in the demo are really about it. They are really unwieldy to type. Actually worse than 3DS room codes.

Do we have a list of what new skills/tiers do? What is botany, sporepuff, effluvial expert etc?

>tfw you live in backwater Europe
>you know the console won't ship this week at all (already Monday here)
>you'll have to wait 7 days+ for the game
it hurts guys. I'm tempted to buy a digital version despite already buying the Rathalos bundle.

Fem Nerg (horrible quality)

>botany
gather extra herbs/mushrooms/etc.

>skill that makes the mounting hits increase to 5 damage, then 10 at level 2

do you use it?

No, because I only mount by accident.

bikini armor is cool and all but goddamn that is so underwhelming compared to the male set

How hyped should I be for monster hunter world on PC?
>tfw might just buy an xbone because that's what friends are probably going to play it on

mounting is pretty shit damage compared to what you can dish out normally

There is the fact it doesn’t contradict anything past or future. 3DS games still do adhere to what it said, and presumably can use the distinction.

exactly

Really? The male armor is basically muscle hugging latex fit for the leather club.

Was it me or did World make it so KO and regular damage still work from other players during the mount

Is Charge Blade or Switch Axe the one that is for shitters? I was thinking about playing CB since I like the idea of SnS but don't like how it's no-damage

charge blade is for faggots

You can keep damaging the monster when someone mounts. I've seen a hammer user prematurely end a guy's mount by KOing the Anja.

SA. It has built-in mind's eye and teaches players bad habits of not learning the monsters' hitzones.

Sorry to hear that user.

Anja Beta

Excellent!!

>mens helmet with open visor
This is somehow worse than female armors.

>I was thinking about playing CB since I like the idea of SnS but don't like how it's no-damage
SAED is one of the most damaging attacks in the game though. Plus there's all the impact stun and the guard point stuff. Everytime I bring it up I'm told CB is one of the best weapon in the game.

Wat

SnS is good damage, but the movement set is rather boring. Ability to use sling ammo might turn the weapon from meh to amazing because of the vast amount of sling ammo types that drop from monsters and with armor skills that increase them. Even in the beta there were ones that out right destroy monster parts entirely or inflict insane KO damage or piece through the entire monster.

SnS in World is ALL about the slinger and item use.

CB is just spam AED all day and that's about it. Your movement is more varied and interesting and best of all FLASHY as fuck but once you've played it a few games the effect wears off and you start to try and do trick shit just for show, because the weapon is so low effort and high damage it's not even funny.

Example
>Mount monster as Lance
>Finishing thrust on head does 10+30+20

>Mount monster as CB
>Finishing thrust on head does 60+80+100 if you had your buffs up

Those values are not accurate, but it's pretty much insane.

anyone have an image of female paolumu armor?

Fuck you

>making helmets that show face when there's an option to just remove helmets visuall

fucking stop this its not funny