/xgg/ - Xenogames General #94

USE SPOILER TAGS
Please note that Veeky Forums Rule #3 is being enforced.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/whyaLFk0

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/
Add 'htmlview' behind the URL for a lightweight interface

>XBC2 Artbook link
drive.google.com/open?id=1l8EuZcAvfNAVKyHuK6bSr5NxpiaUdXYD
e-hentai.org/g/1168674/90d830fe38/

>XBC2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/DPHdsLNL

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
==============================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

webm.land/media/xRg5.webm
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Herald is best waifu

> I think the reactivation process (but also splitting thing) was deliberate from Klaus

Could he have gotten some kind of future sight from his conduit experience as well? I assumed the way he reacted to Malos and how he talked about fate was just him being an enlightened being that didn't give a fuck anymore but was this actually a Dr. Manhattan situation?

I doubt the splitting thing was from Klaus. It seemed to be they split because the Conduit no longer exists and thus the two of them can no longer exist in a singular form that lets them tap into Green Girl's form.

xenoverse sucks

>first time grinding superboss all weekend for legendary cores
Fuck I didn't expect the accessory selling hell I'm going through.

man the tacky white uniform on rex gets annoying to look at after a while. It was cool at first but nothing beats the blue one.
Just... All those fucking spikes and lights.
The helmet is at least probably more practical for salvaging though

Would you buy a 20 to 30$ DLC (full games worth of content) that´s more or less a sequel to Xenoblade 2 and lets you explore Elysium?

>dont get anything cool for beating the game besides le ebin medal
this game is like a baby rpg easy shit game. its so easy, you cant make it hard without nerfing mythra retardation

I'd rather explore Rex exploring Pyra while Nia is watching

the blue one looks shit, when he goes back to during the end it was a huge eyesore

Just cleared the game. Them coming back feels a bit like a cop out but I like happy endings so I'm aww-right with it. What's with people saying he loves both of them? All I got out of the ending was that he's either in love with a girl named pyra or a girl named mythra depending what you picked back there?

No it doesnt

Pyra is too nice to fug Rex while Nia is watching, maybe Mythra would do it.

Unless Nia actually enjoys it?

Wow, I also just cleared the game and its 7am

>Trying to find Tucker for the DLC quest in Torigoth
>Searched everywhere, no sign of him
I swear I must be missing something. I confirmed that the thing is in my inventory, and I scoured the city twice. Where the hell is he?

>What's with people saying he loves both of them?
People making up headcanons. Some deluded themselves into thinking they're the same person so if Rex loves one of them he's in love with both.

I guess since Klaus saw what Rex really wanted and it being a dinner with both girls - he left a gift for Rex at the end.

The choice was about the name of Pneuma form and at that point there were zero implications that it will be something other than that later.
Anyway you should ask Takahashi to clarify this mess.

Was that a salvaging move? Could you show that to me again?
Pretend I posted a cute Adenine pic.

Also, during the ending, when Morag said to Rex she's glad to have met them all, what was she implying?

>zero implications that it will be something other than that later
Zeke specifically said she's the girl Rex loves. I don't see how there were zero implications.

That she is glad that she met them all

It happens several chapters after after you make the choice, you don't know that Zeke will say this.

She said that after Azurda and Zeke, so it is very likely that Morag was fine with either decisions for Rex. She didn't push him to come back with them, so if Rex still decide to stay with Pyra, she wanted at least to convey that she was glad she met him.

Even if it was only Mythra or anyone else (even Malos) actually sacrificing herself, Rex would act the same way because he cares about literally everyone and the scene would be as dramatic as it was.

How was she meant to stay with Pyra when Poppi wouldn't carry him over? I felt as though Pyra made a really selfish decision back there.

>It happens several chapters after after you make the choice
The choice was clearly asking you to think which name out of the two meant more to Rex. It's a bit silly to think that it had nothing to do with love. The only argument I could make are people nothing realizing that the choice can't be changed after you make it.

Something something zeke fucc pyra

Rex could potentially use a blade or something to cross the gap. Alternatively, he could act like a real stubborn brat and stay even if he can't rejoin her.

And how is it selfish? Pyra and Mythra are the only persons that can prevent Alrest from being demolished by an apocalyptic rain of ruins due to the world tree collapse.
Rex death would be not only be unecessary, but other peoples are waiting for him. If Pyra not wanting Rex to die there is selfish, then Rex decision to stay with her like that is even more selfish. That's why Zeke and Azurda tried to convince him to let it go: the situation isn't joyful by any mean, but they just can't let him die for nothing. Her wish was simply so Rex could live on, that's all.

No it wasn't. The whole scene wasn't dramatic, there was no rush or feeling of significance. They even make some jokes there about the naming.
If I wasn't spoiled that there will be serious consequences I would've picked Mythra since she is more suitable for the role with her also being original and more powerful than Pyra.

Zero fucks Pyra? What do you mean?

On the contrary, the choice seemed very important to me given how it looked and it's the first and I think only time you're forced into a choice like that during the story without counting those Merc sidequests, especially when the choice is essentially between Pyra and Mythra for Rex. Not giving that choice serious consideration was a bit silly.

Agreed

>call it however you want it doesn't matter
so love much significance
Seriously you stop overthinking this.

I personally think it's a bit selfish as well. If Pyra wants Rex to respect her decision, she should also give a bit of thought towards his wish of wanting to stand by her side until the very end. I understand it's a shitty situation, but she would be burdening Rex with the knowledge that he left her there to die for the rest of his life.

Merc sidequest? Can you please elaborate?

Pandoria felt the most like a xenoblade 1 character
she had her one moment then was delegated to being a sharla-tier wall flower

The abandoned factory one where you either need Nopon knowledge or do a merc mission to continue the story.

>affects the ending
>you stop overthinking this
woooow

I was talking specifically about the choice scene and what comes after. The scene itself is light-hearted and doesn't make me feel as I am doing a life changing decision.

Pyra was trying to uncuck Nia. Too bad Klaus decided to cuck Nia even more by splitting girls so that Rex will never get bored.

Klaus knew Nia would cuck herself again in 3 days anyway.

If the choice didn't matter like what Mythra said, there won't be a choice at all. Rex would have just called her Pyra when she transforms from Pyra or Mythra when she transforms from Mythra. The fact that a choice is even there made me take it seriously.
I initially thought Rex would tell Mythra which name he chose in her face. That must definitely have felt shitty for Mythra if he chose Pyra back there.

I find it interesting that instead of saying that she's the girl Rex loves during that scene, what Zeke said in the Jap dub was something like
>Those are the feelings from the girl you fell in love with, you gotta accept them .That's what it means to be an adult.
Not sure why that got changed again.

because neither Homura nor Hikary doesn't love Rex romantically ayyyyyy

Can also just ignore it and let the 999 overflow dump the drops

It's less that. When Zeke said it the English version, I thought he was talking about her decision to blow up with Aion.
The Japanese version feels as though it's more about her feelings of wanting Rex to live on without her, hence why she did what she did with Poppi.

I don't get the difference

We're there any other conversations changed in Jap?

Why does my Poppi not draw aggro?

Not that guy but there's a lot of nuances in the dialogue that get changed from the Japanese voice to the English text. I noticed this most in Mythra and Nia's dialogues to Rex a lot of times. Some of their playful banter just comes off as rude sometimes in the English version when it has none of that connotation in the Japanese version.

>Some of their playful banter just comes off as rude
That's just brits being brits, it can't be helped.

I was more thinking about story related conversations where the meaning got changed.

We need like: is Rex a cuck?

No but you know who is

some degree of you're doing too much damage, her accessories and settings aren't helping

So was Rex in love with Pneuma? Was she even her own identity or person?

Pneuma isn't even a personality or a person. When Mythra described her, in English it is "that form" and in Japanese, it is あれ (that), whereas when she talks about Pyra, she specifically refers to her, or in JP, it is あの子 (that girl).

As explained by Mythra, Pneuma form is merely the true form the aegis, and it is both girls at the same time, that's why she says any name is fine.
And that's also why her personality and speech pattern are pretty much the two girls at the same time. It is quite obvious JP since her demeanor is calm like Pyra's, but the speech pattern lacks of the polite masu form, whereas there are some informal particles that only Mythra uses.

gr8 b8 m8

In that case, the one he loves was just the name he's using and chose. But does that mean he sees this Pneuma as that girl or something else?

Rex is a cuck.

It would seem really odd to me Zeke would be talking about Pneuma in the ending scene when everyone was using the name Pyra/Mythra.
It would also seem odd to me Rex would be in love with a "girl" whose name he cannot be bothered to remember if she even has a real name other than what's on her tits.
No, Pneuma isn't really a person. She's just two people crunched into one.

I noticed Pneuma sometimes uses I and We interchangeably, what's up with that?

Do you remember when she uses "I"? That might be a matter of context, but I always remember "We".

>I just realized, I know why Amalthus was so intent on scouring the world
>This is the first lie I've ever told you

But she specifically used the world "we" when Klaus turned Pyra into "Pneuma".

webm.land/media/xRg5.webm

stop numerating the threads.

No.

Looks like they couldn't avoid using a pronoun there and were a bit careless in English.

In both case, the Japanese Line doesn't have any pronoun. The "beauty" of JP language is that you don't need a subject if the context is clear. Yeah, she doesn't say "I" in JP.

In English, I assume the first line could be any of them, but the second one is most likely the girl he chose, but considering the way how she expresses herself, it is Pyra. Mythra wouldn't be really acting that way.

I find the game very inconsistent with this. Everyone seems to be using either one name or both all the time. I'd rather not bother reading too much into this honestly especially with the translation in mind.

Riki live to serve

I too think it would make more sense for Pyra to be "Pneuma" in that ending scene. It feels right that since she first gave him half of her life, and now she would be the one to give him all of her life.

What did you mean by that? Everyone only addresses Pneuma by one name only, the name you chose so they couldn't be talking about Mythra if you made Pyra for the choice.
But the other guy had a point, is Rex calling "Pneuma" Pyra or Mythra because he sees that person as Pneuma or something else?

It is interesting to note that
even Klaus himself consider both girls as different. First, he corrected himself when he called them Pneuma, then Pyra and Mythra. But he also uses お前達 (you in plural) when he apologized to them, before even Pyra uses the "we".

So yeah, the same person thing just doesn't hold the water, and I think calling the third form "Pneuma" was probably the source of confusion for most people because giving it a specific name feels like she is a third/original self, even though she is just a fusion form of the two girls.

Rex told Jin that he is going to ask Architect about why he "created him, Pyra and Mythra - all those people" too.

The thing is the game never calls the green form Pneuma. We refer to her like that because she has πνεῦμα on her chest, but the name Pneuma refers to Pyra/Mythra's original name. Just like how Logos is Malos' original name. The name of the green haired form is whatever Rex chooses.

I'm more surprised by the fact that Rex would only address her by a single name, in fact.
Back during the boat to Indol, Rex was clearly dodging Zeke's question when he asked which one out of Pyra/Mythra he fancies since he doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. But after the conversation he had with Mythra, he specifically uses one and one name only to address the combined form. I was literally expecting him to call her Pyra when she transforms from Pyra or Mythra when she transforms from Mythra to show he's not biased towards one or the other, but he sticks to a single name only no matter the circumstance. I probably wouldn't even argue that he ends up with both of them but the choice thing really surprised me in that regard.
I'm surprised the girl whose name he didn't chose didn't pull him aside or something and ask him what did you mean by this when he never uses her name for the combined form.

I honestly feel as though >Pneuma is more Mythra's original name than Pyra's name since Pyra came from Mythra.

Yeah I understand. It is just for convenience sake we used Pneuma for that form, but because of that, it really make a lot of people consider that form as another person. I'm still puzzled why people still think they are only one person when Klaus himself made that distinction crystal clear.

I think Rex wanted a convenient way to call them, but because of Mythra's response, the "whichever is fine", Rex didn't give much thought. I think Takahashi made the choice so it is also easier for the player (or for their own fancy too), but tying that to Rex's actual feelings was probably the glaring mistake there.

>but tying that to Rex's actual feelings was probably the glaring mistake there.
What do you mean?

>but tying that to Rex's actual feelings was probably the glaring mistake there.
This.

I personally think that the way how Rex had to choose had actually no romantic weight. When you consider the narrative, he would choose the name based on which girl comes first in his mind, but this could be just because of the circumstances: the promise with Pyra, or Mythra being the "original".

Of course, as a player, the choice looks extremely fishy because of the way it is shown, but also the fact you can't change it afterwards.

I say it was a glaring mistake because it doesn't make sense in term of narrative that Rex's choice would be based on his real feelings, but the other issue is that Mythra barely got any interactions with Rex, be it in the story cutscenes or H2H (flat out 0 there).

The choice is there for the player, but from a narrative perspective, it doesn't make sense for Rex to "choose" because his feelings are hardly shared between both girls. And we already know Rex doesn't see both girls as the same.

>But he also uses お前達 (you in plural)
Did he use that during the conversation he had with Pyra/Mythra in chapter seven? Someone said he was only talking to one of them back there.

No. Rex actually uses 君 (singular you). Rex always use both names when he speak to both girls, be it before or after that specific scene.

It is even worse when Rex says this
君一人だけのために楽園に行って見せる! (I'm going to Elysium for you, and you alone!

The only possible counterargument is that Rex could be referring to both girls as "the aegis" so 1 person, but that is incredibly convoluted and inconsistent since Rex was always using both names in other instance.

Considering the very intense and emotional scene, I'm not surprised Rex went full honest and only had Pyra in mind, hence the you in singular.

>The choice is there for the player, but from a narrative perspective, it doesn't make sense for Rex to "choose" because his feelings are hardly shared between both girls

Honestly, this got me too. It was clear that to me Pyra was more important than anyone in the party to Rex, even Mythra. In fact, I don't think Rex thinks himself good enough for her. He seems to think Mythra being way above his league given his comment that
>I fight for you and Pyra, I know I'm not good enough for you yet,
this really doesn't seem as though he has any romantic feelings towards her. I personally think the choice kind of detracts from that relationship Rex has with Pyra, as it feels as though at that point of the choice he's still somewhat undecided about which girl he truly loves out of the two.

Didn't Rex also talk about the promise he made? He didn't make that promise with Mythra.

MINGE

Yeah, and there are other glaring proofs: the fact he asked Pyra to come with him (just her, no mention of mythra) to see his parents. Same goes when he actually introduce her to his parents: he could say there is someone else, but nope, he just has Pyra by his side, and in JP, he says "She is a very important person to me" instead of "I'm sure you'd liked her".

To me, Mythra is really "just" the sister of the girl he loves, and their relationship is basically "more than friends", but "less than lovers" considering driver/blade bond.

Likewise, Mythra didn't really show any real interest in Rex, except in 3 romcom scenes (the sleepwalking, the reverse lap pillow and the ponytail comment) which could be just seen as real embarassment wihout any romantic feelings, or parallel with Addam.

In comparison, Pyra was pretty much affectionate towards Rex right after they went through Morag the first time in Gormott.

>be me
>Chapter 10 final boss
>Everyone is Lv.72
>4 element orbs
>Need one bar for chain attack
>Literally a chain attack away from death
>Start spamming arts
>Boss backs away
>Wasn't enough to fill bar
>Can't use arts
>Prepares for a Siren Buster
>...
>''Prometheus!''
>areyoufuckingkiddingme.jpg
>Everyone dead
>But Tora
>Fucking Tora
>Clutches on one health thanks to ''Grin and Bear It'' Skill
>tearsofjoy.jpg
>Tora revives me
>Still can't use arts
>Boss still hasn't moved
>...
>....
>.....
>......
>''Siren Buster!''
>fucking why

I'd say it's too early to call. I really hate the choice as well but to me the choice is too important to just dismiss as pandering given that this is the choice that ultimately decides who Rex has feelings out of the two.

Only Takahashi knows why he put it there. If Rex was truly in love with Pyra, then there would never be a choice in the first place yet it's there.
Maybe Takahashi really believed that in the context of the story Rex could see Mythra in the same light as Pyra? I don't know. If that was his intention, he did a piss poor job of getting me to buy it.

I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to win if you can't finish it before Prometheus. In fact, I've never seen anyone video with Aion coming back after that move.

Remember that auto/art cancel into a special gives a lot of party gauge, probably more than regular cancel into arts

I'd like to think they rushed the game and couldn't implement more scenes for mythra, but it looks like the story is by itself pretty complete considering we got a lot of end game dialogues present in the first trailer (notably Mythra's "I will not longer live in fear" which is from chap8). This kind of stuff has to be produced quite early because voice actors in Japan are extremely busy hence why they can't gather everyone at the same time for game recording, contrary to anime recording.

We might have more answers from Takahashi at some point (material book? DLC?), but to me, the choice looks like he/MS tried to play safe so people wouldn't feel bad for Mythra.

I did with Tora. Alive with 1 hp

I can't imagine a single logical reason for Rex to choose Mythra, like ever. They'd need to change the first 7 chapters for this.

My own personal headcanon is that he fell on his head really hard falling down to Morytha and forgot he had feelings for Pyra.

Who has the higher kill count Rex or Shulk?

Sounds about right.

Are mechons people?

>Hikariiiiiii
I choose her to cuck Homura. Kek.

>pick Pyra as his one true love
>run around with Mythra 99% of the time anyway

I chose Mythra because she's OP and Pyra sucks dick by comparison

he has to use mythra because pyra is in a constant sex coma

Threads are finally starting to die, and nobody can start new ones. Soon there will be none left, just like the Titans sinking beneath the cloud sea.