/hg/ - Halo General

#395 - ONI Propaganda Edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise.

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/18-and-up

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Halo 5 Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>SPV3, the Halo CE fan remix project, can be downloaded for free
youtube.com/watch?v=VOMzNMe8qHE

>>>Halo News

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/jy6nfbnrwnqhtb9/SPV3.1.0f.zip
h2pcmt.com/Cartographer/Installer/
mediafire.com/file/7v0fulcl0ll9lk9/ElDewrito_0.5.1.1_Release.zip
github.com/Clef-0/FMM2/releases/download/v2.00/FMM.exe
microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/halo-5-forge-bundle/9nblggh4v0fr
imgur.com/a/OOF1r
imgur.com/a/6FqzO
imgur.com/a/Pb9Vq
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42ckt0ZDdWaG1WSkk
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42Sk9iamNQaW81V3c
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42aUIwbUZxWHJ0V1E
resetera.com/threads/rumour-microsoft-re-evaluating-how-loot-boxes-will-be-implemented-in-halo-6-after-ea-bfii-fiasco.17779/page-2#post-3541813
youtu.be/3ulhn5-ty2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ni gurzm ell eiksch it

test

We live!

I still can't post pics

>Halo on PC:

>SPV3 w/ crack:
mediafire.com/file/jy6nfbnrwnqhtb9/SPV3.1.0f.zip

>Halo 2 Project Cartographer w/ crack:
h2pcmt.com/Cartographer/Installer/

>ElDewrito 0.5.1.1 (INSTALL NOW, UPDATE TO 0.6 LATER):
>Base game: mediafire.com/file/7v0fulcl0ll9lk9/ElDewrito_0.5.1.1_Release.zip
>Foundation Mod Manager:
github.com/Clef-0/FMM2/releases/download/v2.00/FMM.exe

>Halo 5: Forge (WINDOWS 10 ONLY):
microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/halo-5-forge-bundle/9nblggh4v0fr

>AVAILABLE ON STEAM (and Windows Store):
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
Halo Wars 2
Halo: Spartan Assault
Halo: Spartan Strike

>IN DEVELOPMENT
ElDewrito version 0.6 will release THIS MONTH, will feature a forge mode better than Halo 5, will eliminate many bugs, and will release with Halo 3 assets stock. Already has Team Slayer and Action Sack servers.
Project Contingency is a fan-made Halo game being made in Unreal Engine 4. Coming soon.
Installation 01 is a fan-made Halo game being made in Unity and shows a lot of promise. Coming Soon.
Art Books:
>Art of Halo 3
imgur.com/a/OOF1r

>Art of Halo 5
imgur.com/a/6FqzO

>Art of Halo
imgur.com/a/Pb9Vq

>Art Compilation from CE to 4
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42ckt0ZDdWaG1WSkk

Lore:
>Warfleet
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42Sk9iamNQaW81V3c

>Halo Books
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42aUIwbUZxWHJ0V1E

>we back?
In some capacity

Same!

cuck-a-ruck-a-roooo

/v/ has had a halo thread everyday for the past week shittalking 343. Did something happen?

I don't think so

why aren't you in halo gruntposting anons

I don't know but I'm tired of that autist who shows up in every single thread with his list of "confirmed" things that aren't confirmed at all.

Things like the flood returning, Pheonix logs in FPS, old art style, classic music, playable elites, etc.

He's getting to be as bad as the nigger who thinks that if you're not playing master chief the level/game is bad

They did the same thing for FFXV last month
Its just one guy making the threads

Just ignore him

Deserved.

So, looking at the state of Halo's notoriety right now, what would you have Halo 6 be like?

It needs to be different, fresh.
I'd make it an open world game taking place on either the ark or a Halo ring. Huge fucking map filled with forerunner chasms and installations to explore that run deep into the subterranean levels of the ring.

I would play the shit out of an open worl-
...no, ODST, I mean a REAL open world halo.

resetera.com/threads/rumour-microsoft-re-evaluating-how-loot-boxes-will-be-implemented-in-halo-6-after-ea-bfii-fiasco.17779/page-2#post-3541813

>Our Current Req System Is Player Focused And Well Liked And Unintrusive As Far As These Things Go.
Halo is truly dead with the anticonsumerist trash and poorfags will unironically defend this.

Classic art style, like a mix of H2A campaign with Halo 3. Newer UNSC tech is vulnerable to Cortana or something so they have to use old Mjolnir and old weapon/vehicle models.

Dispose of Fireteam Osiris as soon as possible, have it be some "heroic" sacrifice with ambiguous survival so it doesn't feel totally knee-jerk.

Bring back the cheeky Marines and the light hearted humor.

Keep blue team, have them as AI allies in certain missions solo and playable in all missions in co-op like arbiter in Halo 3. Take some time to actually flesh them out, like Halo 5 neglected to do.

Continue making adjustments and additions to forge, custom games, and server browser.

Continue making unique weapons and variants. For how cancer REQ's are at lease they provided us with a pretty diverse sandbox.

Return to a more classic style gameplay, just map zoom to LT by default with all the visual flair of smartscope to appeal to normies.

Have playable elites, but only in social/unranked modes.

Have actual BTB maps.

Its going to flop regardless. Chief doesnt sell games anymore after 4. People came back and were massively disappointed. 4 was the game to bring him back to the spotlight and the initial sales implied that it had taken the spotlight away from competition for a short while.
There is too much that needs to be changed/reverted that I think it is impossible for 343, even if the game is releasing in 2019. I think its ridiculous that there are some people, even Halo youtubers, who think 6 will release this year. I immediately stop listening.
They would have to throw out years of story telling, years of forced art style and sound design and years of forced gameplay mechanics. Halo will most likely never look and feel like the "Bungie days" ever again.
The Halo fanbase is so muddled right now that whatever is put out will be received badly, lukewarm at most.

A Reach remaster is the only thing that would interest me right now because I feel like its been left out after MCC and 3s Xbox One X enhancements.

>all that shit talking around FFXV release
>play it
>surprise surprise it's actually fun and /v/ don't know shit once again. Part of me thinks it's just weebs sour over Nomura getting his vision of the game shafted.

So uhh
Does the thread work now?

Thoughts?
youtu.be/3ulhn5-ty2s

No. I still can't upload images.

No.

desu I don't actually think it's very pay to win at all compared to other micro systems but...
>Player Focused
What does this even mean? Reqs do absolutely nothing essential "for the player", rather, their purpose is to encourage more warzone play which in itself encourages more req purchases. It's a vicious cycle.
>Well Liked
I would love to see how they came to this conclusion.
>Unintrusive
Horseshit. They're hard-baked into almost every aspect of the game, meaning the game was largely designed with their implementation and rewarding in mind. They have destroyed the value of customization unlocking, they have destroyed the quality of DLC offerings (can you imagine if Halo 3 used reqs instead of map packs? We would never get Sandbox or Avalanche or any of the fine DLC maps we take for granted), and on top of all of this have forced aspects of the game we would expect at this point to be put on the back burner simply because they don't prioritize reqs which means they are either half assed and added later on (BTB) or they don't show up altogether (1-flag)

Like I said earlier, it's not as bad as other loot systems and it's not nearly as inherently pay to win as some meme it to be, but it still completely bogs down the developmental focus and prioritization of the game so I have no idea what 343 is talking about when they straight up lie like this about it.

They're unintrusive if you don't give a fuck about warzone because warzone is shit

Player customization affects more than just warzone, retard.

Because they're a prioritized aspect of the game, they indirectly have an effect on much more than just war Zone. For example, Big Team Battle would be better if Reqs and War Zone didn't exist.

>We can use REQ purchases to fund DLC maps so we don't splinter the playerbase!
>Here you go, classic Halo maps remade with our shit bland Forge by people that aren't us, essentially allowing us to have free labour for new maps!
>Ok here's an actual map, but it's just for Warzone!
Fucking hang them in front of their families the soulless cunts

Player customization doesn't effect gameplay and even if you care so much you still earn armor as fast if not faster than reach&4 . Every 3-4 games you can pretty much get a silver or gold pack

>Every 3-4 games you can pretty much get a silver or gold pack
Only if you play warzone firefight.
A gold pack from arena would take about 14 matches. The game is MUCH slower than Reach, especially since Reach had daily challenges.

>every 3-4 games you get a gold pack
Maybe if you're playing WARZONE Firefight. You don't even get 1000 RP per Arena match. Try closer to 12-15 matches. The grind is way longer than it should be.

That's still faster than it took to get a new helmet in reach. And reach scaled up, by the end new shit was hundreds of thousands of credits.

Reach also increased the amount of credits you got per game as you ranked up. Also, most of the armor in Reach looked, you know, good.

>That's still faster than it took to get a new helmet in reach.
We've had this argument before with numbers, and no it's not faster. ESPECIALLY if we're talking about getting a specific helmet in 5.

Microtransactions is the most anti-consumer practice seen in recent years but to be fair, Halo 5 is the one using them in the least awful way in comparison to the other games out there.

I liked the armor effects. They cost a lot and thus were rarer.
343s games are already too cheesy for them though. Spartan 4s already act immature, the game already looks like crap plus there's stupid shit like pizza weapon skins etc. We don't need more stupid shit

>Spartan 4s already act immature
In the beta sure, those intros/outros were cringy as fuck but what's so immature about them in the full game?

>pizza weapon skins
Why do people always bring this shit? You can easily ignore by not equipping them.

You couldn't get specific helmets in reach either. They were invisible until a certain rank and then locked until a certain rank

>Why do people always bring this shit? You can easily ignore by not equipping them.
You can't unequip them from other players.

>You couldn't get specific helmets in reach either.
If I turn on Reach right now and go to buy a helmet, it's gonna roll a lottery to take 10000 credits and give a random helmet? Or is it going to give me a list to buy a specific helmet from?

>You can't unequip them from other players.
And that affects you how? You would have a point if they were wearing a pink pony suit but an enemy weapon skin? Really? That's unnoticeable during normal gameplay.

>make claim that it doesn't matter because you don't have to see it by not equipping it
>someone else can still equip it
>now claim that it doesn't affect you and isn't noticeable
Fuck off.

Are you now gonna resort to attack my wording? Is your argument really that cheap that you're gonna sink that low?
The only way this "pizza skin" thing can be an issue for you is if you're actively looking to get offended by it, like literally looking down every time you get a kill to check if the other bastard dared to equip that stupid skin. Man, you must really hate reach with the hearts, confetti and children cheering.

>Are you now gonna resort to attack my wording? Is your argument really that cheap that you're gonna sink that low?
Well that's how an argument works.
>The only way this "pizza skin" thing can be an issue for you is if you're actively looking to get offended by it
Hold on. Let me tell that blue guy twenty feet away holding the glowing yellow and red assault rifle to swap to his french fry magnum.

Anyone want to help me get invasion, infection, and btb achievements in reach later tonight?

No.

sure

Augh!
Brah I'll totally help you but right now I'm pretty busy. I'll be on more tomorrow!

I'll start reach at about 7:30 EST. The only ones I have left in reach can only be done with at least six people with at least one extra controller so if I can't get enough people tonight I'll try again tomorrow night at the same time

Sounds good

what's going on with image hosting did moot-2 brake something?

Mods posting large amounts of CP all over, hiroshimoot had to stop images altogether

damn a mod rebellion? what was it over?

Halo is about to be played.
Pretend I posted a picture of an anime girl with orange/red hair that is past her ass and wavy as fuck while playing a saxaphone.

This is so refreshing without images, seems to be having a positive affect on both /v/ and Veeky Forums, plus it fucks over avatarfags like I hope it stays like this for a while

>avatarfag
I don't think you know what that means.

No play reach. 2/16

No. We already did our time.

Alright buds I got MCC and Halo 5, anybody playing?

I have a question

How do lootboxes in Halo 5 work?

Are they aggressive like Battlefront II? Do i need to spend money to get them?

WHAT THE FUCK

>there are prominent /hg/ members playing CoD WW2 right now
Fucking normies.
Also this means you can disregard anything Sigmund ever says because he now has confirmed shit tier normie taste

You earn points from playing and use those points to get lootboxes.

It takes between 250-300 hours to get everything

I'll campaign for your Reach night tomorrow dank

I want to DATE red!

Hi koolaid. What are you playing?

Which /hg/ user has the best waifu?

me

This desu

Who the fuck cares about that austistic shit.

The real question we should ask: Which /hg/ user IS the best waifu.
I vote Sweaty Towels. He's sweet.

Aaaaaw

The one and only
Halo 5 with the boys, I suck

What kind of Magic does Wizards specialize in?

YOU GUYS ARE GONNA BE SO DEAD WHEN OUR 4TH PLAYER SHOWS UP

I vote skylor because it's a girl name

Dobatch

>suddenly have huge urge to ask Skylor out
No... NO, PENIS! Get down!

Shitpostomancy

j king

He can use magic to make you gay

Halo 4 Is my third favorite halo

Halo is still being played.

What is your first favorite Halo?

Well I guess I'll try again tomorrow night

:(

Which ones do you need?

What do you expect them to play, the new Halo?

This.
So I know what I'm signing up for

I have 3 controllers, I'll do it tomorrow.

I have 2. That makes 6

You blew it up!
All alone
Emergency room
License to kill

And I'm willing to help with anything anyone else needs.

>avatarfag

>imagine I'm posting you like crabby patties spongebob face
user... you've got an odd numbered gamerscore don't you?

Halo continues to be played.

⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣤⡤⠤⠶⠶⠦⣤
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣠⠞⠉⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠳⣤⣀⡀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣠⠶⠚⠁⡄⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠆⠉⠉⠛⠲⢦⡀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣠⠖⠋⢀⡠⢀⢀⢀⠒⢀⠈⠉⠉⠁⢀⠉⠐⠒⠒⠒⠒⠒⢄⠙⡆
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣸⠁⢀⢀⠋⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡀⠄⠒⠂⠉⠉⠐⠢⠤⠤⠤⠄⢀⡀⢀⢹⡀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡇⢀⢀⢀⡀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⣀⣀⡀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⣀⡀⢀⡇
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢻⢀⢀⢀⠙⡄⢀⢀⢀⠂⠉⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⢀⢀⠈⠢⢻
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢸⡀⢀⢀⢀⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⠘⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⣇
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡇⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣿⣿⡝⠒⢄⡀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⣤⣤⠄⠈⡇
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡇⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠙⠿⠧⠤⠤⠏⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢧⣀⣿⢿⢀⢀⡇
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡞⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠉⢀⢀⠘⡄