/bng/ - Battle Network General

Thread #2: lc-kun go home! edition

For discussion of the Megaman Battle Network games, Megaman Starforce games, and Battle Network fangames, including Shanghai.EXE.

Battle Network forum: forums.therockmanexezone.com
Shanghai.EXE download: geocities.jp/mahodenn/thlal.html (Current version v0.41)
Sick tunes: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaj-smCOBsaBD4sbbZliMwWPr5aZZlWO-
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLACB9E941ADAC2F21
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkLnTkKXBSxj5ikzKwP2K4pbhpNonD5vm
youtube.com/watch?v=SfQPOR8foXU
Anime: mega.nz/#F!pr5FVKCK!u7lZLlYxa72s8PUcDTicdg!tzZm2Bab

Rules:
When you see lc-kun, report him! You can tell it's lc-kun because he replies to multiple people, hates MMBN, loves MM2 despite never playing it, has a savior complex similar to Barneyfag, and only types in lowercase.
Have fun!!!!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like these rules.

mm2 is the best mm game and shanghai and mmbn are memes that cant even compare. prove to me that mmbn is better than mm2. you literally cant

>thread isn't indexed
fug

It'll happen. Eventually.

How do you view non indexed threads?

OK and we're back. The image is here too. Nice.
You link to it
Indexed just means shown in the catalog
It's here now though

>images gone again
nice imageboard you got here gook

So like
Shouldn't this be Thread #1? Technically the last thread wasn't /bng/

So why were images nuked? Did lc-kun have a fit again?
I suppose it counts, but OP kinda fucked up: there isn't a link to the previous thread.

Eh. That's not a big problem just yet. We just have to remember it for thread 3.

From what I heard, there was a lot of CP posted, and the site is undergoing a cleaning.
If this is true or not, I don't know. I'm leaning on it not being true, all things considered. I mean, CP is posted all the time but we don't get these issues all the time to go with it.

if anything the number should be higher considering how long this general was on v
>wanting a link to that
what? forget to save some pics of your whyfoo?
if we last that long. isnt this game basically dead anyway?

Gotcha.

Last thread:

hey man, my whyfoos are none of your business

You didn't post any linkz user. Dontcha want to talk about mm2 with me?

Dead games should be talked about more so people dont forget the fun they had with them.

whats there to talk about? it was the best mm game and thats all you can really say about it. mm2 > all other mm games

That's nice and all, but this is a thread for battle network, not classic.

it has megaman in the name so basically it still relates, as much as that pains me. people here dont seem to understand that mmbn isnt really even a game, but mm2 is

But I want to hear why you think so, is it the bosses, the gameplay? The music, or characters? The themes or difficulty? I want to hear allllllllll about it user!

You're just giving him oil to spread the fire.

>You're just giving him oil to spread the fire.
So are you, dude.

I'm changing the OP to "ignore and report" after this
Any other suggestions?

mm2 is the best in all aspects like i said, you literally cant discuss it because of how perfect it is. its like god
yeah, stop posting and let this meme general die a dignified death

wouldn't replying to him actually keep the general alive?

Give up.

It's called distracting the shitposter. Last thread no one tried to outshitpost him at all. He just wants to laugh at you guys getting angry. If you just dont react and talk on topic while some stupid fuck does(me) him he'll eventually get bored and leave. Or I get bored and leave. He seems pretty fixated after all.

Why is he called the blue bomber if he never uses bombs in MMBN

Man, it's hard to actually get started without images to post

But user, there's multiple bomb chips in MMBN.

But I never use them (because they suck) and they still call me that

why do you think i post so much? because i care
i thought we were talking because were friends and we both agree mm2 > all

"The Blue ZapRing Spammer" doesn't have the same ring to it

I'm not your friend, I'm a bored user. I never played any mm games. If you can convince me mm2 is the best game ever, i might even shitpost with you. With that, answer this:

>I never played any mm games.
please never speak

you've literally admitted to only watching youtube videos and getting your opinions from them

But user. I'm not speaking, I'm posting. Besides, dontcha wanta to talk about mm2 anyway. Might as well try to make me play it and make me not a casual

thats no different from playing the games themselves. i notice you left out the part where i said i sometimes pretend im holding a controller and pressing the buttons you need to press to do what the streamer is doing, so that makes it exactly the same as playing the games
if ypu want to play it then go do it already

mm2 sucks
mm3 is better

Ok.... but what about you user? Wont you be lonely without me?
Also, since you like the game so much: what's your favorite boss? What's the fastest you finished it? How many times have you played it? Have you played it recently? Why don't you go play it right now? Don't you want to play your favorite game?

1. There's a delay between when the eceleb presses a button and when you're able to process it and press it yourself
2. No way to know if the game would actually respond to your button inputs
Why do all that autistic shit in a world of easily accessible emulators and roms

i know this is bait because nobody actually thinks this. fact: every second mm game is the best in its respective series
i might watch a video of it later, i like to once every few months or so. that way i dont get rusty
pirating games is illegal and it literally doesnt matter because watching someone play a game is the same as playing it yourself

>announcing reports

My biggest gripe about the MMBN games is that some chips are very badly explained in their descriptions. Slasher is probably the biggest example of this.

#MeToo
Mods are fucking gay

lets play a fun game. you tell me your favorite mm game and ill tell you why youre wrong

this post is not video games

What rule are they breaking, dummy?

Being a fucking faggot and shitposting about MM2 in a Battle Network thread

if you dont have it in you to try every tool youre presented with in a game at least once, you arent a true gamer. just use it and see, thats what every good lets player ive seen has done

And now you understand why Mega Man threads can't happen on Veeky Forums. Don't say I didn't warn you this would happen.

Which rule is that? Can you point to the number?

Veeky Forums.org/rules

I guess yours is mm2. What do I win?

Also that post has a dubs and trip, it should be spared.

based roll poster

>You will not post any of the following outside of /b/: Trolls, flames, racism, off-topic replies
>The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.
Get fucking boned

Oh, the catchall "my feelings are hurt" one that only the mods' opinions matter with. Guess you got unlucky

That one is just there so mods can ban who they want, it's not meant for our use

Anyone got any (simple) draw requests?
Especially for use as the topic image,

Lan and Alice holding hands

no, you have to tell me your favorite mm game because thats how it works. my favorite is obviously mm2 which makes my opinion correct by default

>i know this is bait because nobody actually thinks this. fact: every second mm game is the best in its respective series

Does that mean you agree that mmbn2 is the best in its series?

draw megaman using a boss weapon from mm2 to kill megaman.exe and whoever the main character from touhou is

>never uses bombs
>every starting folder has MiniBomb

But what if i like all equally? I like mm2 that means i have good taste, but I like all the others so i have bad taste? So does it balance out evenly and i have average taste?

mmbn2 is marginally less shit than the rest of its ilk. were talking a millimeter of difference here
doesnt mean he has to use it, kind of like how people here are equipped with dicks but most will never use them with another person

>most will never use them with another person
t. virgin

ill tell you why youre wrong. everybody has a favorite game but people like you are indecisive and want to be seen as altruistic or all accepting so you say you dont pick favorites when in reality the animal in you knows this to be false

Im curious on why, what makes it different from the other mmbn games that makes a millimeter of difference?

But i thought we all had skeletons inside us. Is it a animal skeleton?

My inner animal is the noble wolf, do NOT disrespect it

it was a analogy and i said most because i was excluding myself
>holding hands
waifufags will never not disgust me. this is a blue board
it added things to 1 to be a less shit version of it and doesnt have any of the convoluted bs present in the other games. basically similar to how mm2 compares to 1

So what about mmbn3 user? What did it add that you hated so much? Whats the "convoluted bs"? Genuinely curious.

Also holding hands is very lewd, yes.

You do realize he's not talking about battle network, right? When he says mm2, he means classic.

wolves are fags who dont wear shirts like in twilight so that makes you a faggot
any deviation in any way from how mmbn2 was is a step in the wrong direction and makes the rest of the series automatically shit. i would know, i played each version of each game on yt to completion just to make sure i had solid basis for my opinion

No? I said which specified mmbn2, and he said here >mmbn2 is less shit, so I asked him why and he said this

>basically similar to how mm2 compares to 1

So he must be talking about mmbn

We're more active than /emugen/

But user.... you didnt specify why. I really wanted to know. You know, so i wanted you to bestow your knowledge on me. Also how much do you like mm1 and mmbn 1 compared to their successors?

MMBN2 is the last one I enjoyed because you can 100% it by yourself and all subsequent games do the multiple versions bullshit and I don't have any friends

We also only have 11 people. I don't think this general will do well here, we should either have more subtle threads on /v/ or wait until more news about Shanghai comes out and post on /v/ again since more people will pay attention there. Last thread that was migrated had over 70 people so I think most of them left when they realized we were stuck here.

Can we even have more threads on /v/ anyways? It seems image posting is still fucked.

I'm gonna FUCK your shit UP if I see a "shanghai" OP on /v/ again

It doesn't help that shitposters are bound to chase any new people away

But user... we might never even have another mm thread if this continues. Dontcha want to talk about mm2?

mm1 is acceptable as a game and a good building block for the perfection that immediately followed it. mmbn1 is unplayable trash, literally anything would be better than it and youll find that most everyone agrees with this
no one asked your opinion

I asked myself

>literally anything would be better than it
So mmbn3 is better than mmbn1? But didn't you say that mmbn3 had a bunch of deviation that made the series shit?

Also no need to be rude, all opinions are welcome.

Like I said, just be more subtle. Make a MegaMan 11 thread or something, maybe state in the OP that duscussion of the series and any related fan games is welcome.
This general and all generals originate from /v/. We may discuss games a bit more than they do but we're still /v/ at heart and /v/ is literally just political vidya shitposting, in that order. We're all shitposters so if shitposters come at us with shitposts, we'll be equipped with the necessary posting ability to deal with it.

i said any deviation from mmbn2,an already shit game, makes the other mmbn games even more shit. i know its hard to believe thats even possible but its true

>be more subtle
Weebs can't be subtle, it immediately devolves into loli shrine maiden posting and /jp/ trash within minutes

>any related fan games is welcome

Most Mega Man fans hate fan games and clones so that's not gonna go well.

In the OP, I mean. The first post is tge face and everything else can be the shitty personality if that's how it turns out. Not that waifuposting matters, that's half the board's content as it is. At least we're upfront about waifuposting unlike NierAfags.

>""""MMBN"""" thread
>first post: Who's your favorite sexy 700 year old loli? Played any bullet hell games lately?

You people aren't fooling anyone

not our fault fans cant make games for shit. not like capcom can either after mm2 but w/e

So you must've played all of them and decided that the best of that series was mmbn2. That means you must've found atleast one thing fun about mmbn2 compared to the others. What was it?

>your thread is perfect for /v/
Case and point.

it wasnt fun it was nano amount of slightly less unfun

You both are arguing the same thing.

What was that thing that made it a nano less fun?

*unfun

Well the good news is Ratholas spawned.
The bad news is I didn't even get it below 1000HP before I died.
I like the idea of multi-tile viruses, though. That's neat.

Like a virus that occupies multiple tiles?

Yeah! From what I can tell, it occupies at least two tiles.

because it was less shit
so its a american vitus?