/mcg/ Minecraft General 4craft edition

4craft is a server that occasionally pops up where people from all across Veeky Forums are invited to play and partake in the orgy of violence and salt that it always inevitably becomes.

You can also build, I guess.
discord.gg/6mAMwhq
Vote eggplant in the announcements channel

Now back to mods or whatever the heck we were discussing last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

multimc.org/posts/0-6-update.html
imgur.com/a/NeywO
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia
asie.pl/foamfix/
github.com/FabricMC
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op
mcforge.readthedocs.io
github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq
serblist.com
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ
mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
elworrier.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/JPif9
mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg
github.com/sk89q/BiomeAtlas
discord.gg/McFr9Pu
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm no good at psi either

I'm sure your latent psionic abilities will develop soon, user, be strong

that's intman not 4crap

Give the IP faggot

literally ded

Pls don't let it die in the four minutes it takes me to brush my teeth.

I was going to make a new thread with an actual OP, but not going to deal with the shitty drama of thread wars

Previous thread:

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, build ideas, etc.
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated for feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here, use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[!] Performance problems in 1.10+: use foamfix+Optifine (turn off terrain animation)

? 2. NEWS

[02 jan 2018] The oldest news in this OP are now 1 year old. Congratulations for never updating this shit

[31 dec 2017] MultiMC5 0.6.0 is out, featuring easy downloading of Curse modpacks and more.
>multimc.org/posts/0-6-update.html

>[2017/Jun/30] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download:
imgur.com/a/NeywO

>[2017/May/14] GoG update is finished:
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

>[2017/Jan/02] asie has been working on FoamFix, FabricMC and others.
asie.pl/foamfix/
github.com/FabricMC

? 3. USEFUL LINKS

>/mcg/ General text (to contribute news and info for the next thread)
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

>Modding Tools & documentation:
mcforge.readthedocs.io

>Curse downloader
github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader

>how2dostuff for newfags
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

>Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
serblist.com
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

>Ideas & Inspiration
mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
elworrier.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/JPif9

>Castlefag's map
mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

>Cracked MultiMC for Linuxfags
anonfile.com/UcRapfdcbb/multimc-cracked.tar.gz

How do you crack MultiMC in Windows? I saw this discussed last thread but it all circled around Linux link in the op. Anyway to get it on Windows?

>tfw still can't upload images

What's a decent mob mod for 1.7.10 that isn't monstergirls/mo' creatures

I havent played any tech mods before, and if I just want a comfy ie+friends pack, should I run 1.7.10 or 1.12? what mods should I look out for that compliment ie?

Wild Mob Mods, Zoocraft discoveries, Hostile Mobs and Girls.

hostile mobs and girls
despite having girls in the name it has enough actual monsters as well

Is there a way to remove the noise from the Thaumcraft traveling trunk without also removing the sound from all other chests? It's useful, pretty cool and makes me feel like a proper wizard but fuck if I can't stand
>CREEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK-
>SLAM
>CREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK-
>SLAM
>CREEEEAAAAAAAAAAAK-
>SLAM
literally constantly when it's following me, so I have it stored away for now

Nope.

You could make a resourcepack and change the sounds or delete the sounds for chest on the TC jar or the Minecraft jar. How? I have no idea.

Fug. Guess it stays relegated to my bag of holding for emergency extra storage.
I could delete the sounds, but that would delete the noise from all chests, since I think TC just uses the normal minecraft noises for the traveling trunk.

Are there any servers mods that make the base survival experience harder? Trying to search for 'hard' or 'difficult' just gives me servers that allow griefing as opposed to making the game itself harder and more difficult. I haven't played with too many server mods but most of them just seem to be content mods that give you more options to powergame.

deadly monsters, enderzoo, hostile mobs and girls, infernal mobs + health hunger tweaks to top it off

Damn, can't even post pics to keep the ded thred alive.

it's over

I've been working on TC4, and I'm finally getting around to using golems. Is there a specific way to make an automated tree farm with them, or perhaps an automated cobblestone factory? I need building materials for my new world, and instead of making trips into the earth to dredge up blocks or waiting for an arcane bore, I'd like to just get one of my minions to do it for me.

later golems will do it

Do you happen to know if it'll require an infuser?

Let's let /mcg/ die, it's pointless to keep it on life support.

bix nood just give coty his 300 eggplants

Yes, there's literally a golem animation core for tree chopping. You can make one golem to chop trees, one to "use" saplings on the ground for replanting, and one to collect tree drops for a cute little golem tree farm.

It's pretty much alive. It's just that it's too much a pain in the ass to post screenshots over and over.

I want to use Vivecraft. Can I use it on a server where everyone else does not have Vivecraft?

>images are down
>Veeky Forums is now faster than ever
Did everyone turn maximum shitpost mode on?

>he's uncapable of adapting to change
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡴⠒⠲⡄
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡤⣄⡀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡴⠋⢀⢀⢀⡇
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡜⠣⢀⠉⠳⣄⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣠⢋⡤⢤⣶⡖⢀⡇
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡸⠁⢠⢀⢀⢀⠈⢦⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣠⠞⠁⠸⠤⢼⣿⡆⢀⡇
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡇⢀⠈⡆⢀⢀⢀⢀⠓⠦⣄⣀⣀⣀⣀⡤⠖⡋⠉⠑⡄⠆⢀⢀⢀⠁⡸
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡇⢀⢀⢣⢀⢀⡝⠉⣿⣿⣦⣌⠉⠉⢀⢀⠸⠁⢀⢀⢃⣀⣴⡄⢀⡸⠁
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢠⠁⢀⢀⢀⢣⡀⠈⠢⠽⠿⠿⠚⢀⢀⠇⢾⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⡿⠋⠁⢠⠃
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡸⢀⢀⢀⢸⢀⠑⣄⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠉⠉⠉⠁⢀⢀⢀⠇
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡰⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠢⣄⡄⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢸
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡇⢀⢀⢀⢀⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠪⡢⣄⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡠⠃
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢰⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠙⢄⡙⠢⢤⣀⣀⡀⢀⢀⢀⡼
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢠⠃⢀⢀⢀⢀⠴⠂⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠉⠒⠦⠤⠤⡤⡤⠚⠁
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡠⠋⢀⢀⢀⢀⠎⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢃⢀⢀⢀⢣
⢀⢀⢀⣀⠤⠖⠚⠒⢀⢀⢀⠐⠊⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠁⢀⢀⢀⠉⠛⠒⠒⠒⠒⠒⠦⢤⣀
⠐⠒⠚⠁⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠤⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⣀

bump

Is it possible to generate an out of game map of one's world with a modded minecraft singleplayer world? I want to generate a few seeds and preview them before I commit to which one to play on.

Who crafting mines here?

>page nein
well I guess without images...

I am going to compose a new soundtrack for Minecraft. Who wants to help me on my project. The new OST will have similarities to the original but it will be changed to sound more epic.

>check thread because it mentions 4craft
>OP pic is me on a killing spree

I-is this what it's like to be famous?

GT new horizons is pretty hard, grindy as fuck and has a few servers.
I haven't played on them though.

Urist, what happened to the AEONS serb?
The exact same shit, you just need to compile for windows instead of Linux, I don't know what changes he made though. Are you familiar with C or C++?
github.com/sk89q/BiomeAtlas
You'll have to compile it yourself, there's also dynmap and various other map rendering services

Do you guys have experience making mods? I've got some ideas for an ocean-themed one, but I don't know where to start.

I've seen some tutorials about the Java Development Kit and Eclipse. Do you use those together, or are they separate and I can choose which one to use?

h-hello? i suck penis

Install both, then download and extract a forge mdk (sample project), set up the workspace with gradle and import it into eclipse. Then start programming. Read the minecraft code and other mods when you get stuck.

QUICK, POST YOUR BUILDS TO KEEP THE THREAD ALIVE.

ARE WE BACK??

Would it be difficult to make a mod that expands underground to let's say 200 blocks? What about compatibilty with Biomes O Plenty and other mods?

NO
WE'RE DEADER

very

it'd also have shit compatibility as mods generate Ore by height

I'm playing Ice and Fire right now and how the fuck does the dev intend anyone to kill one of these fucking things?

It took 3 stacks of arrow to kill one, and it was a small one.

Well, fuck

New dicord link discord.gg/McFr9Pu

>enchanted Pickaxe of the Core costs 52 levels to repair

this is why you always get the repair enchant or a mob grinder

>Pick of the Core
>not also having a Void Anvil for fixed 3 level cost on anything

What are some mods that add companions, body guards or base guards? Preferably for the latest meme version.

I know Thaumic Horizons did something similar and there is Mob Control wands to make followers out of mobs. LittleMaidMob had a bodyguard feature.

What terrain gen made this

biome bundle

Don't use minecraft's 8bit style please, make actual music

It's a dragon for fucks sake, it's supposed to be hard to bring down.

Is TFC still ded?

Then they should spawn less often. I run into them everywhere.

Custom NPCs

r8 my house

It currently consists of 7 floors. Ground floor is basic crafting / brewing area with storage for tools, maps, etc. 1st floor is bedroom, 2nd floor is mass storage, and has a terrace that goes completely around the tower-house. 3d floor is enchantment room, with access to the roof. -1st floor is for smelting, full of furnaces. -2, -3- and -4 floors are underground crop farms for wheat, beetroot, carrots, potatoes, pumpkins, and sugar cane. I'm yet to acquire melons, and nether warts. I have cati, but I built no farm for them yet.

On one side of the house is a tree farm, on the other a temporary shelter for villagers. I also have a rabbit farm and a darkroom mob farm that's not on the pic. This all started out as a Snowy Kingdom superflat map, and from me finding an igloo.

Fellow engineers, do I have to supply all three energy inputs of the arc furnace in order for it to work? Also how do I prevent ice from melting when I place a thermal generator between an ice block and a lava block?

>can't see shit cos snow
>""HD"" textures and skin
>vanilla
Off to a good start
> -1st floor
Nigga what? You mean Basement 1 / B1? I have genuinely never seen someone use negative numbers to denote underground floors

Tower houses always look good. Show us the interiors
Negative numbers are used in some countries. The mall near my home has three floors with shops, -1 and -2 floors with parking and -3 utility floor with technical rooms and stuff. And the buttons in elevators have '-1' and '-2' written on them

Yeah, and you should use packed ice or a better powergen.

ground floor, shot taken from the doorway, in the closer left corner that's an anvil, in the farther right corner 2 brewing stands, dead ahead crafting table

1st floor, bedroom. the texture pack I'm using have not yet been updated for the new bed variations. Unseen in the closer left corner is an armor stand. Shot taken from next to the ladder that leads up from the ground floor.

2nd floor, storage. Two doors on the opposing sides to each other, between the columns of crates, lead out to the terrace. The ladder leading upward is on the unseen side of the pillair in the middle. The reason for that is that with the arrangement I used at other floors (pillair stuck against the wall, ladder facing inwards) the enchantment room looked really dull and stupid.

i wanna post builds but i dont have a computer that can run minecraft right now

3d floor, enchantment room. The empty flower pots will be filled when I acquire a florist type villager. I made that with the custom trading tables mod, as the world is superflat and ice plains biome, there's no legitimate way to acquire flowers other than the basic two.

-1st floor, furnaces. There are supposed to be 10 on both sides, but I don't craft any of them. Only one side is full now, 10 is enough most of the time, but since I loot all the igloos I can find, I always add the furnaces found in them, untill I'll get the 20 I planned.

Wheat farm on the -1st floor. I won't post all farms because they all follow the same patter, 15x4 plants on both sides of the wooden pathway, water is hidden inside the walls. -1st floor is wheat, beetroot on one side of the central room, and carrots and potatoes on the other. -2nd will be nether wart on one side, and melons and pumkins on the other, I already have the pumkins.

So I just excavated a fucking 64 x 64 basement and am planning a two-story house on top of it.

Even if I had dedicated rooms for every particular niche in Minecraft, as well as building the kind of rooms you would expect in a real-life house, would I have a LOT of empty space?

Sugar cane farm on the -4th floor, which is currently the bottom most one. Cacti and coca beans will also be on this floor. I plan to add an underground animal farm, when I find anything other than those damn rabbits, on a future -4th floor.

Yes. I also have a house that is 35x35 with roads surrounding it included, it has double thick walls, 5 rooms on the ground floor and 6 on the top floor, and it just fills the space. Yours will be almost 4 times as big.

>vanilla
fucking fag

>as the world is superflat
For what purpose?

Honestly, homosexuality more than anything else.

thanks to mojang retarded coding it is nearly impossible

>blaming mojang for notchcode

I wanna kill myself.

Thanks user

Overlord lets you make an army of skeletons

Been a long time since I played vanilla, possibly 5 years. A few friends want to dick around and try it. Is it acceptable to toss draw distance on 32 yet for vanilla? I usually use 20 for FTB server settings with no lag.

Rocking an i9 7980xe, 128gb 3200. 750/750 internet. Is minecraft finally capable of full draw distance server side?

test it out and let us know

>Legacy captcha is no longer supported.
HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yay screenshots are back!

My tinkers crossbows don't reload automatically. Is this intentional and how do I fix it?

>mfw I want to play on an autistic modded server, but the only active modded server on Serblist has a broken pack link.

>Legacy captcha is no longer supported.
Fuck you.

1/1 Gunkanjima Island

>tfw nearly 100 posts into new thread and no circle guide
shameful

>gunkan island island

It is not going to be 8 bit style although the beats of the more iconic minecraft tracks will be retained while others will be completely rewritten. It is going to be like Yoko Shimomura or Yasunori Mitsuda's works.

So Immersive integration adds a coke oven that makes 4 coke at once
The oven is 5*7*4 which makes 140 total blocks
regular IE coke ovens are 27 blocks which means the industrial version takes up a little more than 5 times as much space for 4 times as much coke at once

What is the advantage of this? unless it's also faster

white pig was fault

It's faster yes. But it also looks like shit

Not everyone speaks gook language you fagget. If you want to do something useful, go tell hiro to give legacy captcha back.