Is there a period in history you would rather live in than current year?

Is there a period in history you would rather live in than current year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7DujKQanssI
youtube.com/watch?v=x1NAhlVRaZ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Late 1800s early 1900s

Preferably old by the time of WW1, and in Europe, fuck the American civil war.

No, 21st century is pretty sweet so far.

1950s USA desu, specifically in Detroit

In the GetĂșlio Vargas age.(1937-1945)

Yes, about two hundred years from now. I would say a much bigger number but I feel uncertain about humankind's long-term future.

if you weren't rich you would be living in shit and probably end up an alcoholic murdered for a gambling debt. plus heating would be shit in wniter.

Yes.

early 1800s owning my own plantation with a fair share of PoC

>PoC
Pieces of Crap?

Id like to visit older periods but not stay, the realities of living in those times would be too much for me, and id assume most modern people

Either the Napoleonic wars or Victorian era

This answer changes if I get to be rich when I go live there.

Anytime where I could have bashed all of your skulls in and burn your children alive!

I don't know if I'd live there for the rest of my life, but having a bread baking shop in Rome during Trajan's reign would be pretty cool. Loooots of holidays too, which would be neat.

pre bronze age collapse

Victorian or Elizabethan era.

A young man at the begining of the American Revolution or in the mid 19th century.

Second son of a Frankish lord taking part in the first crusade, second onto the walls of Jerusalem following Tancred.

>35C winter in New York
>water consumed by rations
>have to use a mask to avoid toxic air

In the age of exploration, going with your comrades to explore forests, deserts, jungles etc and claiming all for your country while you discover new civilizations just fascinates me

1775-1890

No matter how many times I read about it and see the depictions, it still blows my mind that they had full plate or something similar with them. 1492 but I always default to thinking New World means tricorns and muskets.

>that burning pyramid with a cross

this desu

In an age of widespread space exploration and colonization.

Georgian era btfo both of those shit heaps.

People had houses and fire in the late 1800s lad what the fuck are you on about?

Poor people lived in houses that now only the rich can afford in our present society

qt rich English girl born circa 1845.

I wish I were born in the 1890s. Perfect age to fight and die in WWI. Would it be awful? Yes. But at least there would be a point to it all.

I'd like this too, but I personally don't think that's happening anytime remotely soon or with current limitations on human lifespan. I'm fine with being a robot or free-floating consciousness-being though.
FTL is just too far fetched for me. What little scientific conjecture stuff I've seen, mind you.

That's a fantastic painting

That pic from Halo Wars 2?

the 1980s

Any time period where blacks are still slaves.

WE WUZ WHIET N SHIET

British East India Company Captain, Circa 1860-1880

A Greek studying in Ancient Athens

what point?

>implying any of you faggots wouldn't time travel back to 2016 once you try to live without modern technology

I think on average we have access to the most material wealth and possibilities that have ever existed. I genuinely wouldn't want to abandon the comfort that I have nowadays for other far more violent periods. As for betting on the future, I am uncertain about how it will turn out. As such, I think I'll stay where I am nowadays.

This. Nothing would beat being stationed in Tenochtitlan with my pals, Getting some of that exotic food and being praised by the locals. Of course year after that i'd had to fight my way out with Cortés and co but it'd be worth it.

This is the most interesting year in history.

1900-1970 in any western or northern european/north american nation

youtube.com/watch?v=7DujKQanssI

It depends were you're from, I would say Belgians and Serbs had a pretty good cause to fight for.

I would have liked to be around for Culloden and purging popery from Britain.

1300s MONGOLIA I WANT TO PILLAGE AND RAPE

2015, 2bh

Nope

Literally this. I would go on Victorian era adventures.

1840s - 90s, interwar Europe (provided WW2 doesn't come and everyone gangs up on Germany as soon as they start increasing the troop count/ignoring the treaty).

They generally only put it on before battle. Marching through the jungle while wearing it almost all day every day would have been very unlikely.

None. It's amazing, not having to do hard physical work, constantly worrying about health and getting to sit in a warm apartment, eating all sorts of readily available food. Vacation-like limited time travel to the past would be amazing, but not if you have to spend your entire life there.

1997 again. Best year of my life.

Pickers of cotton.

2009 so I can start high school again and actually do fucking school work insteadnof xanax and oxycontin

again?

Height of Roman Empire

You would have so much fucking sex, the Roman Empire was the Sex Empire

The 80s.

youtube.com/watch?v=x1NAhlVRaZ4

Year of the holodeck

Shit like synthwave isn't even based on the real 80s popular music but on soundtracks in 80s movies. Still good either way, also 80s VHS covers / posters are even better.

>Mid 1800s
I wanna be a rich British capitalist or military officer who goes to tea parties and meeting in Colonial India and exploits smelly niggers and Punjabis.

>mfw you will always be a smelly peasant in current year

Thats good shit

Not really

I like the internet and due to being black I probably won't be that much accepted in the earlier periods (though I might still be killed in this one).