/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

Previously >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as Hollow Knight, RUINER, Cuphead, Heat Signature, Steamworld Dig 2, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

humblebundle.com/games/paradox-bundle-2018
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's a cute spider.

Buffs? Equipement? Do you put all chances on your side?

Hylics got alot of overpositive attention with the Hylics 2 trailer.
Could this be the new big thing normalfags ruin with a cancerous fanbase?

>guides
Just no user. I'll come here and ask you brethren about something if I'm stuck, but I stopped using guides when I stopped playing FF games.

im trying to enjoy this game but all i can think about is maximizing profits and getting the absolute most out of each day. at what point is it a good idea to consume your produce to eek out more energy each day? i know he spa opens up pretty early, but its a good 4 hours of time to run up there and soak then run back

Adorable.

Don't bully the Shane.

>all i can think about is maximizing profits and getting the absolute most out of each day.
Shameful. What would grandpa think?

idk if it even counts for 100%.
People hate the super Meat Boy Palace, but honestly, just equip the Honey charm and it's essentially free.
But yeah, keep exploring and collecting shit until you have something that looks like it'll change the ending you get.

i wish you could donate crops to help the war effort

still, you'll have to read a lot and most likely need to write a lot of it down. You should be prepared for that, or else you'll just reach a point where you're hoipelessly lost without guides.

how long can this go on

What's going on?

Thanks for the tip, I'll make a map with notes for starters

also make sure to read all the tablets around. Some have pretty obvious hints, but others are so cryptic they initially make no sense at all. In the end, they all contribute to some puzzle, so don't dismiss a message just because it's "weird" or you don't really want to read lore right now.

I don't normally do thise but you look decent, so I'd just like you to know that the correct spelling for that word is "eke", whereas eek is a sound someone makes when startled.

Iconoclasts is out now and I need to know it's actually good or Owlboy 2.0?

Looks alright and I see no 20000 YEARS IN THE MAKING LOOK AT THIS PIXELART anywhere so gameplay should be a focus.

oh look another metroidvania...
so what's the gimmick? Why should I bother?
Legitimately asking. I'm open for everything.

hats and cats together in harmony!

She wants the barbed c o o k

What's wrong with Owlboy?

i bet you think youre pretty funny

Highly overrated since development. Nine years of waiting for mediocre metroidvania with meh gameplay and story. Atleast graphics looks neat.

Fuck off spiderfag. Fuck off nikofag.

BEGONE THOT

>Play a pirated copy of hat in time
>Maybe i'll buy it and 100% it
>find this
How this for ethical consumption: i won't buy your game because ti has commie rethoric in it.
Why must leftist fags plague everything?

>getting offended by a joke

Best color scheme tbqh senpai

anyone got any kind of changelog for 1.0 of subnautica?

HOWEVER... there aren't any black people in the game. Also JonTron's in it, and the devs said "Merry Christmas" on Twitter.

>being a Commie and not purchasing it in the first place
>then complain about propogation of Commie ideology
Maate.

>it's just a prank bro xdddd
I'm not offended i'm annoyed

Yes, i too was thinking that if they were going all out they would have added at lest a skin to make hat girl black, i just want blatant politics to stay out of videogames.
>Pirating games is communism
?????

>the city of (you)

Do you guys think a hat in time is appropriate for kids? You know with all the talking nooses, the queen's mansion, souls selling, spirit murdering etc? I think a kid playing subcon would get terrified

I think most of it would go over a kids head, maybe use the basement skip for vanessa though

'the collaborative development of free software like the Linux operating system and applications such as OpenOffice clearly approximate an informational anarchist communism. Moreover, for anarchists it is precisely the logic of expropriation and electronic piracy that enables a radical political extension of the cultural ideals of the free manipulation, circulation and use of information associated with the "hacker ethic" (Himanen 2001). The space of illegality created by P2P (peer-to-peer) file-sharing opens up the possibility, not only of the open circulation of freely-given information and software as it is on the Internet today, but also of conscious copyright violation. The Internet, then, enables not only communist relations around information, but also the militant contamination and erosion of non-communist regimes of knowledge—a technological "weapon" to equalise access to information, eating away at intellectual property rights by rendering them unenforceable.'
- Uri Gordon (A Commie)

Also:
>getting free shit
>not exactly what Communism is about
'In a higher phase of communist society, after the enslaving subordination of the individual to the division of labor, and therewith also the antithesis between mental and physical labor, has vanished; after labor has become not only a means of life but life's prime want; after the productive forces have also increased with the all-around development of the individual, and all the springs of co-operative wealth flow more abundantly—only then can the narrow horizon of bourgeois right be crossed in its entirety and society inscribe on its banners: From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs!'
- Karl Marx

>I think a kid playing subcon would get terrified
PUSSY
I played Resident Evil 2 as a kid and it traumatized me. That's why I had Winter Dangan Ronpa include a guy who's terrified of zombies.
Vanessa is NOTHING. The ghost in Sandopolis 2 in Sonic & Knuckles were spookier.

I think an elementary schooler could handle it. nooses are no big thing and the piano in SM64 was as good a jump scare as Vanessa. If it bothers a kid that much he'll just avoid that area.

t.spider niko

>spider Niko
THE EPITOME OF CUTENESS

You forgot hatfags.

Here, fixed.

>THE EPITOME OF CUTENESS

Niko is already that, tho

what the fuck

We can make it even cuter.

Deviantart. Don't question, at least it's not Hat Kid in diapers or shitting herself.

Hatfags can stay.

>We can make it even cuter.
We have the technology.

night

We will weaponize cuteness.

>degenerate fetishists have found the game
nice knowing you all
also rip legacy captcha

If you're interested, I also found pictures of Hat Kid getting spanked, and then getting her XXXXX rammed in by a big XXXXX right in her XXXXX.

> hgh kid
I gotta ask where you found this

Check the filename.

>also rip legacy captcha
NOOOOOO
I might actually buy a Veeky Forums pass. Fuck buses.

Please don't weaponize the cat

Yes, fuck the buses.

who the fuck anthropomorphizes a bus?

Dunno, I just googled it. Noticed only when I posted that it suffered from the Tumblr nose Symdrom, so into the trash it goes. Press F5.

I turned the brightness down and subcon got extra spooky

When is DarkSydePhil going to play Hat in Time?

>no legacy captcha
The crow math equation joke makes no sense now

So is Iconoclasts worth picking up?

see
Magic Schoolbus
Neko Basu
Bang Bus

Pedophilia was always degenerate.

>captcha
HIIIIROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reminder that bugs are not for squishing

Rare footage of Niko.

>tfw images are back

Now that images are back, we must most /indie/'s overlord

I need a good two (or more) player co-op or semi-co-op hardcore platformer with online play, please.

I'm fine with both people being in the level at the same time or taking turns playing and watching each other.

Cuphead is on my list, but I'd also like something a little less bullet hell.

Where's the fookin' launch

In 7 hours, go to sleep.

Is the psi beetle carapace in the tactical vest worth it? 20% armor penalty is a lot

It's a bit more puzzle-y and arcade-ish than most metroidvanias I've played. So far the world is kind of cool. It's pretty. It's managed to both make me laugh and make me hate the villains already.

Honestly it feels like a AAA SNES or Genesis game, in a good way. Very polished and pretty.

I also have already witnessed a really intense argument between spouses where I could see both points of view, that made the world's concerns feel real and weighty in a way that really impresses me.

Give me the launch. Now.

Only if you promise to not bully my moth anymore.

Did Guacamelee ever get online coop?
Trine 1-3
Speedrunners

Seamoths were designed to be bullied

You're just going to have to wait those 7 hours, then.

>bullying a moth
WORSE THAN HITLER

I don't care much for it. The 10% cost reduction is nice, but the skill bonus is nothing to write home about even from the new beetles. If you care about armor penalty then I'd give it a pass. If you don't really give a fuck about it then it's nice to have with a regen vest.

It's doubly okay if the moth isn't videogames

The fucking preview only has 35k views, quit sperging.
>normalfag
Only normalfags use that term.

humblebundle.com/games/paradox-bundle-2018
Pillars of Eternity for 5 bucks average sounds good.

No, normalfags say normies and reee.

It's not even worth 5 bucks.

>normalfags say normies
They say both.

>defending capitalism or communism
pick the third option

Cutearchy?

>pufferfish oneshot the seamoth
what did they mean by this

He was obviously talking about Juche.

is the steam version of one shot good?

It's the version with more content. The free version has nothing from the Solstice update.

Playing Iconoclasts. How do you even damage the helicopter?

Shoot at it untill it does.

Nikoche?