/smgen/ smite general

We're back edition
>patch notes
smitegame.com/news/season-5-5-1-update-notes

Other urls found in this thread:

esports.smitegame.com/news/smite-pro-league-season-5-spring-split-details-announced
forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?175721-Hotfix-Notes-2-(PTS-5-1)&p=905751#post905751
twitter.com/MLC__st3alth/status/955948480148705283
twitter.com/SMITEGame/status/956257217094868992
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Link to old thread

W-we're b-back right?

>More dyke outfits for Bellona
WHY CAN'T SHE HAVE NICE SKINS

What's with these shitty fucking threads? Should have waited for the other one to die.

What other thread? I searched for smite in the board but nothing came up

Don't worry smiggen daddy will save you

> Should have waited for the other one to die.
That's what happened user

What do you want? Sexy police girl Bellona?

Smite needs more battle babes. If there's anything this game does well, it's those: see Nike, Bellona, Amaterasu, Athena.

and they're all actually fun to play

Ah, LADS
THANATOS CAN EAT MY FUCKING COCK
tfw you steal his lifesteal and dmg him with thorns as cerberus, 1v1 killing him and coming out with heals off it
And that jump is so satisfying
When I finally learn to consistently connect the stun, I'll play him a lot
Also I'm a sucker for BIG guardians

>Also I'm a sucker for BIG guardians
That's gay

>tfw everyone hates thanatos
>tfw you main thanatos
casually, of course

>tfw everyone hates thanatos
Everyone hates Loki

esports.smitegame.com/news/smite-pro-league-season-5-spring-split-details-announced
Spring split starts March 6th.

Thanatos is fun. I prefer Bruiser/utility Thanatos, but he has a few viable buildpaths

smite will never be back while spics invade na/eu servers

Oh, I am gay, lad ;)

Than is fun, but we needed someone to counterbalance the fucking healsluts like than or change

are you also obese like all true tanky boyes

. . . and SMITE Tactics: Hand of the Gods!

But nobody play that game

I try to keep this thread alive but it appears nobody fucking helps.

Do I have to make a strawpoll to gather people's attention?

forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?175721-Hotfix-Notes-2-(PTS-5-1)&p=905751#post905751

PTS is up again

ded game

We live like the hermits of Veeky Forums now, absolutely NO CONVERSATIONS ALLOWED. Communicate only through strawpolls, post them when we're three posts away from getting eradicated from page 10.

So, thoughts on Cerberus?

Do you like the new jungle meta?

40 mana on warriors blessing still seems too weak, right?
Cerb's a fun counter pick, makes the enemies consider positioning a lot more. Kali isn't coming back soon.

It's not 40 mana, it's adding 40 mana to the "+40 of your health is restored upon dealing damage to an enemy god, 10s Cooldown" effect.

Right, I typed that incorrectly. Is that added passive, mixed with the small nerf to mages, enough to make warriors blessing worth getting for solo laners?

Probably not, mage blessing is still really strong.

twitter.com/MLC__st3alth/status/955948480148705283
No

I hope we don't have hunters ruining items for assassins and warriors this season.

Hunters will ruin everythig for everyone this season like always.

i don't like his soul mechanic
I thought the souls would fight for you or something and it turns out they actually make you auto attack them
like literally stop fighting when you're fighting and auto attack the things walking up to you
absolutely retarded
his ult is ok but the radius is misleading and if they're not inside fully when it hits you wont get them

overall he's alright but the soul mechanic is retarded

?
Get 1 lifesteal item, jump in, burn their faces off, come out with health
I once healed half my life from a minion wave in arena with mostly def items, the soul mechanic is fucking great considering he has an aoe attack
Thanatos and ls Kali breaks on me

Only shit ability is the stun, very hard to hit consistently

www.strawpoll.me/14914753

>It's a Skadi builds crit episode.
>It's a mage builds OB shard and magus episode
>Its a Sylvanus doesn't drop his flower pod for mp5 episode
>It's a Hel doesn't know what her 2 does episode
>Its an agni uses his fumes to clear the wave episode
>It's a nobody builds anti heal against Hercules except you and the Hercules knows it so the enemy team focuses you season finale.

>fatalis thanatos

end yourself

Frenzy is the most underrated item in the game
like literally straight up extra 10% damage for your team

loki and thor going double negative k/d in arena
EVERY
FUCKING
TIME

that is LITERALLY the best thanatos

fatalis op

>those builds
i'm sorry you have to play with retards

>Atlantas Bow out of the vastly superior boxing items that exists ingame
>FUCKING ATLANTAS BOW

One thing is not knowing how to make a proper build and other is being dense as this guy

Somebody, please teach me how to build. Im new and too afraid to turn off the auto buy

>It's a mage builds OB shard and magus episode
At least he build pen.

1/2
Before even getting into playing a new god, read a bit about them, mainly in the skill and stat screen and get to understand their class. I wont say which items to build since S5 is around the corner.

Some guidance to builds is to get thru what each class means, this is a generalization of course so keep that in mind:

>Guardian: Tanks, gods with high amounts of CC and lock-down. Focused on helping your partners as much as they can, either by making sure a kill is confirmed or helping them survive.
You want to build protections on these guys, barely any power. Aura items to help your team if you are a support, some CDR, but not full, to have your abilities up as much as possible. Some pen if you want to deal damage since you have high base damage on abilities.

>Warrior: Tanks, don't have high amounts of CC or lock-down compared to Guardians. They tend to be really focused on being a bruiser, dealing medium to low damage to as many targets as they can and taking as much damage as they can. High base damage and a lot of benefits for themselves rather than benefits for their partners.
Get protections and CDR, you want to have your abilities as much as possibles since they are your main source of damage, get little to no pen if you want to do damage. Make sure to get items that give you many benefits.

>Assassin: High damage, tends to be squishy, barely any CC. Most have single target focus and mobility. They are the kind of gods that love to be on your face for an instant then run away before you can respond back. Low base damage and high scaling, most are focused in single target burst damage and lock-down.
Build power and penetration, with some CDR. You want to deal a lot of damage in a moment and run away before they can dela damage back, some protections since you need to get close to your opponents.

2/2
>Hunter: Squishy, the kings of boxing, high attack speed, little CC and medium to high mobility. Most focus on Auto Attacks (AAs). This class is your back-liner barely going into a fight alone, abilities are used usually for clearing, poking and confirming kills. They are there to shred any tank the opponent has.
You want attack speed, lifesteal, penetration and either some power or crit chance. You deal most of the damage against tanks and objectives so make sure you can land your basics.

>Mage: Huge amounts of area damage, high scaling on abilities and barely any CC and very squishy. Dishing out damage to as many targets as possible.
Get power, penetration and CDR. You deal most of the damage in matches generally, make sure to hit your targets since you tend to have a a combo chain with your abilities.

Remember that this is a generalization of classes, since there are exceptions to each of them, and your role (support, jungle, etc.) and situation (comps with healers you need anti heal) dictates most of the time what you need to build

they did a really good job making cerb feel like a beefy dog

wtf only now i'm finding out you get a skin for playing 75 wins wtf why didn't it tell me before hand. How am I supposed to get 75 wins in a week

when is serqet support getting nerfed

/hirez/

That's the full pic?

is season 5 literally 'fuck tanks' the patch?

how do you teach people that smite isnt TDM

but it is though

Who here is ready for season 5 to come alive

the lowest ttk yet xd

would help if you used an actual OP and not 9gag meme shit

Gents, help me
I'm at my 993rd hour of this piecec of shit unbalanced mess, and I hate every moment of it
Send an assassin, please, so that I can stop playing this steaming pile of red-coloured whaleshit
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Where is the 9gag meme shit my friend? Are you upset that you didn't get to make the thread and feel that your life is less meaningful because of this. Maybe you're just an unhappy person so all you do is find fault in everything around you and so you're taking it out on this general, who's to say. All I want you to know friend is that this is a safe space and that I love and care about you

wtf lol

Hi-Rez are too clueless to balance their Warcraft III mod knock-off, which is why Smite is dying. Sorry, bro.

IF I HAD PINK WOJAKS I WOULD POST THEM CONSTANTLY
I HAD 10 FUCKING MATCHES IN A ROW WITH DC'S
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

kys

I love playing sylv but he doesn't have the best of times transitioning to a pubstomp build if my team turns out to be trash that's why I prefer Ymir as a go to

Wow, thank you m8

It's okay man, you are loved.

Kali is still the cutest

Play a bunch of duels
Surely you mean Medusa

>medusa
>cute

>medusa
>not cute

So what's the general consensus on the new season?

I played for a while then stopped early on when I realized how retarded the snowballing was, how braindead the waveclear gameplay was, and how scripted the lane rotations were. It sounds like the new season addressed a lot of my concerns, but I don't actually know anything about the game.

I have the god pack on ps4 and want to queue ranked but it says I need to own 18 gods at mastery rank 0 what do

you need to play a god to unlock it for ranked

In the same position as you. Used to play Smite religiously in 2014-2015, then realized the meta wasn't changing and how stale it was and dropped it.
Been playing on the PTS now and having a lot of fun. The problem is people are still being sheep and trying to play with the old meta in mind. Hunters for whatever reason feel entitled to the red buff over the mage who will be ganking and rotating more often. And retard solo laners are still expecting the jungler to hold their hand all the time.
Purple buff needs to go because all it does is make the duo one sided if it gets invaded. And as a jungler you have to rotate to blue buff after speed or else your solo lamer will bitch or the enemy solo and jungle will steal it, so you can't make sure your duo secures their purple.

All in all its better but the buffs are still a core problem in this game and make things predictable.

Even if it says I don't need any mastered

Don't you need to have a certain level before playing ranked?

lvl 30 on pc

>enemy loki does mediocre
>kills my team the entire game
>kills me once with his ult when I was backing and low
>messages me and everyone after the game saying gg too ez
>after an arena game no less
lmao

>does mediocre
>kills my team the entire game
:thinking:

My team died to loki, making them bad. Beating shitters makes you mediocre.

>smite general is back
but why

>back
[citation needed]

>Smite's website has surveys for gems
Is it legit

>Do 5 surveys
>Not a match for any of them
WELP

Yes, but your chance or winning are very low.

>twitter.com/SMITEGame/status/956257217094868992
5.1 the 30th

I'm level 51

>pts down
why

Probably another hotfix

Good night /smgen/