rpgmg-games.wikia.com/wiki//rpgmg/_Games_Wikia
>Art Resources & DLC Pastebin
pastebin.com/2bJ8wBsz
>[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
yanfly.moe/
>[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List

>/rpgmg/ 2017 Collab Project | Completed!
mediafire.com/file/cpugiehl3h3h4cu/Collab 2017 Complete.zip

>/rpgmg/ Podcast returning soon
youtube.com/watch?v=cV5qDnhO1D8&list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

>Games recently released by /rpgmg/ anons
SpaceSave
sadpinkstar.itch.io/spacesave
Ender Story: Chapter 1
store.steampowered.com/app/760300/Ender_Story_Chapter_1/
Copierre
store.steampowered.com/app/776780/Copierre/

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/orange-mapshot.49711/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stack_(abstract_data_type)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Oa0cRGpjC8L5JO8vdMwOaYMKO75dtfKDOetnvh7OHs/edit#gid=0
bitbucket.org/bungcip/corescript-ts/src/ea0cea897d45c4190193440e99ff298608954fc8/ts/rpg_objects/Game_BattlerBase.ts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for ded thread

i want impregnate her

Dungeon 2 is about 45% done. Whew. Tried posting this yesterday but images were broken.

what would the children be though?
little scarecrows?

boop

UGH. I'm so close to fixing this but no matter what I try nothing works. I'm trying to make it so that the player doesn't get transferred and take damage while they're using the hookshot to get across gaps. It works perfectly fine as long as you're HOLDING DOWN the button, but the moment you let go or if you just press it once and release while over the gap, the game will teleport you, make you take damage and then freeze you in place as if you weren't using the hookshot. I can still press the menu button fine but I cant move.

aw hell naw

Get help/feedback on your scripts, ask questions about Javascript/learning, whatever.

I'm no expert but should that exit processing be there?

It doesn't end normally for some reason if it's not there so yes. It's weird. But regardless I can't find a way around this issue. Guess I'll just be forced to put a big WARNING HOLD THE BUTTON DOWN OVER GAPS OR YOU WILL CRASH label on it. Cuz it works fine otherwise. Sigh, how frustrating. Oh well.

>tfw you were about to make an angry post in the old thread but it wouldn't let you because it was archived and you calmed down enough to not want to make it by the time you found the new one

nope

Just a guess, but maybe try
>Input.trigger?(:LETTER_O)
instead of
>Input.press?(:LETTER_O)

I believe the one you used is explicitly for when you need to hold the button down, while the one I suggested should be for when you just press the button.

Actually, I tried that one FIRST and it didn't work. The action still goes through and breaks. With press at least it works fine if the button is held down. Idk it's probably the ABS system having a fit from this bug that the script maker didn't account for. Cant account for every single minute scenario unfortunately. But whatever like I said it's fine as long as the button is held down over gaps.

bamp

Congratulations to that user who made Copierre.
It was released on Steam earlier today.

thanks
over/under $1000? 100?

If user can do it, so can (You)

bump

So did she do anything wrong?

That first boss in Copierre is pretty tough.

Does your game have any le epic memes xD in it, /rpgmg/?

Mine is definitely going to have stolen Simpsons jokes in it, but they're going to be subtle. Unlike pic related.

No memes
Only subtle references to some books/movies/shows

When you talk to a specific dog NPC he says "hey buddy I think you got the wrong dog"

bump

____ __ ____ ____

memes kill games and make the player feel second hand embarassment

references are fine though

This may sounds strange but I learned how important it is to pop a Scene.

...pop?

All over the place in Defeat the Darkness

>The Princess' name is Lilac, which is a flower like Buttercup
>We even sneak in an 'As you wish'

>We kill the dragon with a 'Yell,' not a Shout.
>DO RE MI FO SO LA

>My character vaguely alludes to Princess Tutu in an exposition scene, as the game characters are in the same situation: Aware they are part of a story

>A friend of mine is a big BBC Merlin/Colin Morgan fan and when she heard we had a 'Jethro' she asked me to put in an obscure joke from this one time he guest-starred on Dr. Who. I made it work in context and Adam had no clue it was a reference.

>We had to add Frozen jokes to the Frost Giant fight, as the game was made before the movie came out

>BBC
Took me a second

OFF podcast when?
Also what's next for you?

Not tomorrow, but soon. Before the end of the month, for sure. Got an idea for the next one? We wanna do another semi-famous game before we meme it up.

I'm lookin' to mess around in XP or VX Ace and get used to the modern makers. I bought them in the first VXA Humble Bundle years ago and have like 5 hours in them total. Gonna make a one town/one dungeon kind of thing after releasing the podcast.

bump
Also what happened with the legacy captcha?

So I saved a map as an image file so I could open it in GIMP and it seems smaller than the regular tiles are now, what gives?

Did you use the function in MV?
That is broken afaik.
Try this plugin.
forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/orange-mapshot.49711/

bump

>but I cant move
Every frame that you aren't pressing O, you are making the player wait 30 frames before he can move. That means each time the countdown reaches 29 frames until movement is allowed, you reset it to 30.

Further, I'm trying to read what's going on overall here but to little avail. It seems you want [DO THE THING] right when the player reaches a Region 1, where he must either be holding O to not each shit or not holdig it and subsequently eat shit. This sort of event I'd expect a button trigger for the test instead of "have a button already held when walking into a spot," but maybe that's what you're going for? Idk. I feel there's a major flaw in the initial design though.

The difference between trigger and press is that a "trigger" action means the condition will only count for the first frame in which that button was pressed, and all subsequent frames where it is still held down (and really an average button press cover 3-7 frames) are ignored until it is fully released. "Pressed" means for every frame that the button is still down, the event is run through and it will satisfy that condition. Remember that parallel process events are run each run through once per frame. So in a quick button tap, if the condition for "pressed" will likely satisfy it ~5 times and it will be run through 5 times. When held, obviously it will be indefinite until released.

In this case, while user is holding O, the entire even isn't being run (it's just going wait 60 seconds, return to start, wait 60, return to start, over and over again). The second he lets go for any reason, the event will skip right into that first Else the very first frame he released and do the fall, balloon, stop player, -hp damage, etc. etc.

Lastly, since this is still technically following that first triggering frame where Region == 1 and never ended, it will happen even if he left region 1 due to the wait-jump loop.

Not sure if this is what they're talking about, but MV uses a scene stack system. You push scenes onto the stack to switch to them, and then pop the stack when you're done to go back to the previous scene.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stack_(abstract_data_type)

Ah, I think I uncovered the problem by the end of my post there.

It's your Wait-Jump to Start that's primarily at fault, which I'd guess was a "quick fix" to another problem created by not understanding how parallel processes and frames are interconnected.

A parallel process should be initiated and run to completion every frame. Do your absolutely damnedest to never delay one especially when you are timing event triggers like button presses or location, because doing so means you won't update Variable 0001 or Variable 0002 because this is still the same initial parallel process being waited for a long time, with those initial values, even when the player moved on and the event was stuck waiting.

To my knowledge, instead of wait-jump, you should have an Exit Event Processing by itself if the player is pressing O. That way, if the player is satisfying it, nothing will happen (which is what's already happening and you claimed "is working as intended"), yet the parallel process is still being started over and run through every frame (updating that critical Var 0001 and 0002 with the actual Player's Map X and Y of that given frame instead of the one 60 frames ago, 120 frames ago, 550233 frames ago, etc.

That's a start to fixing this. You'd have to further explain what else you want to happen here. I stand by my earlier comment that something seems off about needing to hold a button while entering a space, but that could be intended.

is there anywhere on MV where i can find all script call commands like $gameParty.leader().mhp for other stats like attack or more general stuff like gold?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Oa0cRGpjC8L5JO8vdMwOaYMKO75dtfKDOetnvh7OHs/edit#gid=0

I was going through that one earlier but it uses param as the way to check stats and usually goes through the database for that stuff, idk if i'm just bad at reading but I didnt find party-oriented commands or anything like that there besides the "gain x" ones, but thanks!

Not the other guy, but I'm not sure what you mean. The document is structured the same way as our normal Event menu, then has additional info tacked onto the bottom. Likewise "more general stuff like gold" is exactly where it should be, under Party->Change Gold.

I also don't know what you mean by "party leader mhp," but as you apparently already saw script calls give you full control over all stats where you specify the actor by their actorID number. The "party leader" I'd assume would be actor 1, and increasing his mhp would be $gameActors.actor(1).mhp.

I was trying not to use actor ids since I'm planning to switch around the party quite a bit, so going by the current party or just the leader would be enough, so I'm having some trouble getting other stats like magic attack to be read

>increasing his mhp would be $gameActors.actor(1).mhp.
Err, discard that part. It's probably something more like $gameActors.actor(1).gainHp(50), but I'm not sure.

bitbucket.org/bungcip/corescript-ts/src/ea0cea897d45c4190193440e99ff298608954fc8/ts/rpg_objects/Game_BattlerBase.ts
I think the code's simple enough to at least get an idea. Not to sound like a dick, just that last time I looked around myself, documentation wasn't great.

god this is perfect, thanks a lot mate

A few threads back someone found out how to do stuff based on the character's place in the party instead of the one in the database.
I'm pretty sure it was something like battlemembers[0], but try to look it up. I'd say it's... four, maybe five threads ago? I remember it being one of the longer-lasting ones.

There are options under Variables->Game Data that can retrieve an actor's ID, iirc. Coordinate around that for whatever you're going for.

Actually, it's exactly that. Look at my pic related. Use this for the actorid spot. So if you are storing that number into Variable 0001, it'd look like

$gameActors.actor($gameVariables.value(1)).gainHp(50)

As for gain mhp, I'd play around with gainMhp(n) and other names until it works. I doubt it'd be very difficult at all to uncover. At worse, you can load up the game's various /js files in your favorite Notepad++ text editor and wordsearch "$gameActors.actor(" until you find a full list of them. It will take awhile, but it's guaranteed results.

Here's a hypothetical of what you'd do to increase your "party leader" / first party member's mhp by 50.

However, I did the test and confirmed gainMhp() is not the command for increasing mhp. Finding it will probably take some time.

So I poked around and I could not find a convenient way to raise or "gain" mhp in any script calls. It seems that unlike the other stats, the only mhp modifier is that found from items, the "grow mhp" effect. But goddamn I have no idea how any of the items/grow shit works. You can find it in rpg_objects if you want to poke around yourself.

Maybe another angle would be to see how leveling increases mhp, but I wouldn't know where to start there.

rpg_objects.js, and look for "Object.defineProperties(Game_BattlerBase.prototype, {"
those show you all the various stats you can access. and it'll also show you that you DO really just use .param(whatever) to get the particular stat you want.
looking inside those default scripts can show you a lot about what you can do.

and for the question of how to raise a particular parameter through scripting, you want to understand how param() works, so you should look inside of it.
the important part of the param() function to examine are the first couple of lines, and they boil down to this formula:
>parameter value = ("base value" + "plus value") * "buff multiplier"

"base value" comes from paramBase, and you can see that it draws from the actor's class and level. pretty straightforward with how this works.
the "buff multiplier" is also simple to understand. if you have an attack buff that increases your attack by 50%, then this paramBuffRate() is probably going to be 1.5.

the remaining item of interest is the "plus value", from paramPlus(). when you look inside that, you can see it uses Game_Battler.paramPlus() to start off with, and then it goes through each equipment piece, and adds to that value.
so if you have a sword that gives +400 attack, and a shield that gives +20 attack, this will add +420 to the final paramPlus() value.

now what is Game_Battle.paramPlus()? it reads from the important array we're finally looking for, ._paramPlus[]. this array is basically what holds any stat increases the actor's gained through auxiliary means.
this typically comes from those rare consumable items that permanently increase an actor's stats. manipulating this ._paramPlus[] array is what will let you directly affect an actor's stats.
just look for any functions that touch this array, and you'll have what you want to use.

Are you actually working on your game?

NO LOL
but i will tomorrow

alive thread
dead game

bump?

would making an open world game on a single map + interiors kill my fps?

maybe

Has anybody posted the RPG Maker FES DLC pack for MV here yet?

Depends on how many events there are, but the answer is probably yes.

Not to my knowledge. Too bad, too, because it looks really neat.

bump

Likely if not definitely.

bump

I had no idea the Tower Defense game was going to be named this.
I had no idea it was this close to completion/launch.
I am surprised there wasn't more focus-testing in this thread.
I am disgusted by the Steam anime-face title card.
I am disappointed by the 4 achievements that are just anime eyes.
I am wondering who Pho is, the first and only reviewer from Kansas.
I am glad the creator reached out to a curator group with a review copy.
I am big dick RPG guy.

yes, meticulously writing more design notes and maps

Can we have more than 70% bump posts?
>no we can't

are you?

Alright I'll try to explain it in more detail. I have the event set to update constantly to check where the player is on the map. Region 1 is where the "pit tiles" are. If they move onto one, then they fall and take damage, then get teleported to the room beginning like in any zelda game. Then comes the dungeon item which is the hookshot. The hookshot will allow the player to grab on to posts on the other side of the these pit tiles and move them across. The problem becomes that the event is still triggered because they are still technically entering region 1. So, First I check if they have the hookshot equipped. Otherwise they cant save themselves from the pit so they take damage and are teleported. If they DO have it equipped, I needed a way to check if it was in use, hence the input.press command. That way as long as the button is held down, then it's in use and makes it so that the damage/teleport part of the event doesn't fire. But then the next problem is what I was trying to fix. If they let go of the button then the event fully fires and teleports them, and then proceeds to soft lock the player. I removed the wait command with the jump to label and put in an exit event processing command but the event still goes through anyways. Is that enough info?

ded

no

the appropriate way to do this is to have a switch for "PlayerIsUsingHookshot". you turn it on when the player hooks onto the pole, then turn it off when they're done moving to the destination.

your region1 teleporter should also be checking for this switch to be off now before teleporting the player.

the fuck do you want? every post to be an image/webm of progress?

Portraits done!
Hopefully it should be all I'll need for now

Not him but ideally yes, as mundane as it may be it's thousands of times better than posts like or

Looking good

Discussion would be great too.

Holy hell I'm actually real close to solving this annoying bug! But now there's one final problem. When the player uses the hookshot, it turns on the switch which allows the player to cross the gap. They land on the posts which is region 5. If they are on region 5 then the hookshot switch turns off. Now everything else works perfectly fine and it doesn't soft lock the player or anything, but the problem now becomes whenever the player just fires the hookshot without attaching to the posts, then the switch is permanently on and they can walk over the pits no problem until they move to a space that has region 5...so now what.

Are you using the Galv addon for these? I'm doing something similar, shooting for 8 portraits per character to rotate in an out for different emotions.

>needing an addon to show pictures
this is truly disheartening

that's a lot of bloom there

Rude response to a question.

just don't turn on the switch if it's not an appropriate time to turn it on

Nah not really, just the average show picture command.

JESUS CHRIST. I fixed it. Not as simple as what you said, kinda convoluted but it works. NOW I CAN FINALLY MOVE ON.

How did you fix it?

I had to figure out if the player was using the hookshot to get across a gap or just using it randomly. So I thought for a bit and decided to keep trying with more regions. So I check the position they are standing on and then turn on the switch as needed like If they are on region 6 and facing right, the switch turns on, same thing if they are on region 7 and looking left, and if they are on region 8 and facing up.

Always remember happy day

i've never been the kind of person to be attached to titles and proper nouns of my work. just feels pretentious/silly.
>i dub this piece "somber autumnal wanderer", to symbolize the strife/loneliness one feels wh-

>testing
for the kind of game that it is, it doesn't really need that much public testing. the game just consists of crafting & fighting, right?
that means the majority of the public feedback is just qol issues, which i got enough of from the old early demo.
and because of how small the project scope was, it quickly got to basically endgame content shortly afterwards.
not much reason to release a public demo when it's so similar in gameplay experience to the original demo, and when it's so close to completion.
when it came to actually balancing it, just watching friends (pho being one of them) play through it was enough to see how things would typically play out.

most of the game is balanced leniently, but the bosses and final dungeon end up being much harder checks on strats (and stats).
the minimum level for the first three bosses are like 16, 23 and 29ish with the optimal strats.
a problem with having unbound leveling is that people just grinded their way passed challenges rather than experimenting.
for example, i've seen people grinding past lv30 to clear the second boss, which hardly required any grinding with the more proper strat.

>Mind telling me why I just caught you not working on your game, user?

B-but I am...