/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

Stale Bread Edition

Previous Thread: This general is for discussing all shmups/STG (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Infinos Gaiden
store.steampowered.com/app/771070
>Touhou 16 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
store.steampowered.com/app/745880
>Sorcer Striker/Mahou Daisakusen (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/08/sorcer-striker-m2-shottriggers-release-announced-ps4
>Pawarumi
store.steampowered.com/app/610410
>Raiden V (PS4 and Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/570050
>Garegga M2 port (XBO)
m2stg.com/en/battle-garegga/xboxone/
>Sonic Wings 2/Aero Fighters 2
PS4, Xbox One, and Switch
>Super Hydorah
store.steampowered.com/app/628800

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Gundemoniums
platinedispositif.net/pd/gundemoniums/
>Ketsui M2 port (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194
>Earth Defense Force 4.1 Wing Diver
gematsu.com/2017/09/earth-defense-force-4-1-wing-diver-shooter-shoot-em-announced-ps4
>Blue Revolver Black Label Announced
bluerevolvergame.com/1year/

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IWjmXkv8jaI
mobile.twitter.com/babamikado/status/955689695362531328
shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=1172873#p1172873
twitch
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Judging from some of the page 10 threads a spammer bumped a bunch of stuff off last night. Reopening the thread before I head off to work.

is this a touhou reference?

>/shmupg/
>having a job

come on mate no need for fiction.

>lost the thread again
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I just found this and wanted an excuse to use it

shmup fags moan about practicing an hr a day whilst current super castlevania 4 speedrunner wr holder twocat is doing 10/12 hr grinds a DAY no exhaggeration, this is why the west SUCKS at shump.

that because he is doing it for twitch money

yeah, I'd have all the western world records if I was getting paid for it

youtube.com/watch?v=IWjmXkv8jaI

/agdg/ fag here.

I guess I'll ask you guys opinions on my first videogame I've made.
Be honest.

Right now I was thinking about remaking it with my current skills, but I want to know if somebody will give a fuck about this.

Does it look fun?

no

how do I make it fun?

Go and play real shmups and find it out for yourself. In order to make a good shmup yourself, you must know the genre, and you obviously have no idea about thsi genre.

only he isn't and was already getting wr level times when he was getting half the average viewers aquas gets, it seems to me speedrunning just attracts a more passionate audience in the west outside of the twitchbux whores.

>was already getting wr level times
Literally means nothing in speedbumming. Even Aquas gets world records in it, while in shmups he can't even get western records.

Speedrunning is "competitive gaming" for casuals mostly, that's why it's so popular in the west.

Despite not playing traditional shmups, I have some suggestions to make your game better:
>more fast-paced gameplay
>increased player ship firepower
>make enemy bullets a little bit more visible
>better scoring system or at least increase the amount of points you get

Also, play and study well known shmups to see what makes them good and why they are still played years after their releases.

>why they are still played years after their releases
Mostly just because "muh hipster arcade credibility".
Doujins mostly can be as good as they want, nobody will give a shit about them after their release.

in many cases maybe but straight up the cv4 run is fucking ridiculously difficult and has at least 3 runners who have put ridiculous amounts of effort each into it so in this case it's for real, it's no different than comparing shmup wrs obviously some are harder to accomplish than others.

>while in shmups he can't even get western records.
i thought he had a couple? not 100% though.

>obviously some are harder to accomplish than others
Sure, but it's no comparison to shmups. Getting a shmup world record usually is 10 times harder if not even more.

Speedrunning is gay and only popular because it's about games for casuals. Thus you also have a lot more speedrunners of course.
Dark Souls speedruns get over thousand views on Twitch. If any shmup would ever get that many views, you can be sure that the west also would be a lot better at shmups.

If I can't beat Batsugun Special before Monster Hunter comes out it's never happening. I need to play more.

What do you guys recommend to start with? Honestly i'm poor so I want to pirate, but I played Furi and wanted to try a real shmup even though its probably a lot harder.

Deathsmiles is a good starting point for "real" shmups. Nex Machina could be a good entry point for the arcade format as a whole, it feels like an expanded, more fun version of Furi without the pie chart bits. Though you're better off playing Ys if you want something like Furi.

Mushihimesama Novice Original and Novice Maniac are fantastic for easing you in without treating you like a complete retard

Nah I want the shooting more than the fighting. Thanks i'll check these out.

>Getting a shmup world record usually is 10 times harder if not even more.
no doubt but credit where credit is due some runs are legit impressive even if not AS impressive, a lot of speedrunning popularity is really down to familiarity aswell, the fans know the games so can relate way more than our niche corner no ones willing to invest long enough in to even understand on a basic level. aqy has batrider western record btw

>a lot of speedrunning popularity is really down to familiarity aswell
That's what I was saying. More people play the games because they are for casuals.

>credit where credit is due
Speedrunning already gets way more credit than it deserves, while nobody gives a shit about shmups.

chav so retarded

>Second i don't do anything of the kind I just respect the talents of others because unlike you i'm not an insecure gamer loser that feels threatened by those better than himself so get cunted.
chav full of shit as usually
why not keep us up to date on every new record from the endless list of players better than yourself if that was the case?
aquas had WORLD world record in pork but you werent deepthroating him like you do any time banafaget does anything were ya?

>aquas had WORLD world record in pork
bullshit

ok? im not going to stop appreciating ones effort just because there's another group out there going harder, like i said 10hrs grinding a day is fucking hardcore no matter what you're play and if ppl did it in shmups we'd have wr holders in the west. The cv4 run is legit nuts stop being ignorant to this fact. It's getting tired enduring this "muh hardcore genre" when it's irrelevant if nobody puts the effort in which is entirely the point, in speedrunning they do.

Oh an easy question, because bananas records have been more ground breaking in highly established games played by the best and he lurks here, i simply don't know al;l the new records being done as i only follow a few players, go suck off spazmo if you want the latest on records.

>aquas had WORLD world record in pork
Because he had highest on 360 online... do you really believe his score there is beating some top asian on it? well i managed to optimize stage 1 to a few million beyond what aquas gets in a day of playing so to take nothing from him but i sincerely doubt he did and if he did it shows how shit the japs think the game is (they'd be right its dire).

>im not going to stop appreciating ones effort just because there's another group out there going harder
Yea sure, thats also why you constantly shit on other players scores, and other games, etc

If you like speedrunning, fine, but I think its fucking cancer, way too overrated, and boring as hell mostly.

You're generalising like a child, i'm talking specifically about the run of ONE game and it's fucking hardcore. Your view flipped onto shmups would be "if you like scoring fine but i think it's fucking cancer"it's a stupid generalization that's is purposefully ignorant.

>Yea sure, thats also why you constantly shit on other players scores
Hahah now we're getting to the bottom of it, you're still salty as fuck because i pointed out some areas you need to work on to beat me in guwange but naturally the hyper vagina tear hose you are took it as an offense because "NO ONE TELLS ME NUFFIN". Seems to me you shit on banana all the time through jealousy whilst i just appreciate good players, such is life when you're an adult with nothing to prove.

castlevania is a fucking child game kys chav LMAO

people speedrun because they can't compete with the big boys in real games. they want to be a big fish in a small pond. except a speedrun WR is more like being a goldfish in a dirty puddle

you're just revealing your level of idiocy with every post and your trolling weak! drac is that you? the chinese have a bunch of superplayers that speedrun arcade beatemups that shits crazy to.

>superplayers that speedrun
stopped reading there

>implying you can read

Mom? Dad? Please stop fighting...

>cee is impressed by normies speedrunning the easiest classicvania game
just lol

>looking for something to watch on twitch
>streamer is playing a shmup
>shmup looks solid, streamer looks skilled
>noticed streamer is using crutches like autofire, bombs and savestates
>close stream
>report stream for CP
>put streamer on my system11 forum ignore list

dumb troll, it's the easiest to beat normally but by far the hardest when speedran.

Is this and traprant seriously the only copypasta we have?

whats traprant?

what a horrible night to be a chav...

Bahmpu~

When was the last time you can remember we got a new arcade cab shmup? Crimzon Clover?

mobile.twitter.com/babamikado/status/955689695362531328

T*;dr Tanoshimasu is releasing Aka to Blue for arcade and Switch. Cabinet will be demo'd at Japan Amusement Expo in February.

>I guess I'll ask you guys opinions on my first videogame I've made.
change the ship to a qt anime girl

I wonder who the streamer is

Safety Bump

shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=1172873#p1172873
>Ah,by the way,1cc this horrible game spent me 400hrs on BL and 1400hrs on WL
Why don't you try hard like the chinks? Don't you want to get good, you lazy piece of SHIT?

obligatory thread-ly cream mention

don't talk to me unless you have 1k hours in at least 5 different games

Bump

>haven't played a shmup since the day raiden v came out due to getting distracted by massive backlog
>finally about to start shmuppin it up again now that my shmup motivation has returned

it's a good feeling

Because I don't care about memejou

t. poojin world record holder

shmupcucks

Fly high!

I got chili oil in my eyes. Are there any shmups I can play while more or less blind or from audio cues alone?

Pork!

Bahmpu~

Last bump before bed. Hopefully I'm typing this right. Still blind.

>it's fucking hardcore
I don't care. It's still boring.

>You're generalising like a child
Thanks!

>now we're getting to the bottom of it
No, we really don't.

>you shit on banana all the time through jealousy
No, I shit on banana because he is a dumb cave drone who talks shit about games I like.

This place really is dying without me lmao

Little has changed except with fewer posters in intermediate timezones it's harder to keep the thread out of page 10 once the burger-fags go to bed.

Yeah, weird how after years of 2 people shitposting the thread 24/7 nobody except for them is left here.

Chalk it up to nostalgia.

>I shit on banana because he is a dumb cave drone who talks shit about games I like.

>WAHH SOMEONE HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION TO ME WAHHHH
>I BETTER HATE HIM
christ what a fucking stupid infant.

I never said i hate anyone. And shitting on stuff is different than just having a different opinion

Time for a good night's bump

Is it? why the fuck do you care? are you really that emotional connected to a fucking video game?

Why the fuck do you care I shit on banana? Are you really that emotionally connected to his dick?

why do you care that i respect his ddp score? that's where this all started, you get riled up every time, is it because you wish i was your dad and you had my undivided attention? have you quit guwange btw?

>why do you care that i respect his ddp score? that's where this all started
I don't give a shit about this. You must confound me with someone else.

>have you quit guwange btw?
No, I haven't. Just make no progress currently, probably because I try to do 3 cycles on catspider now, and always there. Had 2 runs where I left catspider with 10 mill and thought it would be nice to do this always from on, but it's still too difficult for me to milk this fucking cat consistently.

*always die there

damn that korean guy 1-loop cleared doj in 12 hours 51 minutes, I will never be able to do that
sad

Ikaruga high level play

twitch tv/msk160822

>Ikaruga
>Sol Divide
>JRPG speedruns

truly a man of great taste, thank you for introducing me to this channel

He sadly mostly just does speedruns though.
First time I see him playing Ikaruga there

>He sadly mostly just does speedruns though.
Because even asians now see speedrunning is way more fun than misery shumps.

I really have no idea why he does speedrunning. Especially because the games he plays are old as fuck and really boring. I think he does it out of nostalgia.

>I really have no idea why he does speedrunning.
because its fun.

Not as much as shmups. A lot of the time you are just running around or skip dialogue in these speedrun games.

>Not as much as shmups.
he obv thinks differently.

How do you know? You don't know why he does speedruns. Perhaps he also just plays them because it's easier to get a world record in them? Who knows

You two are trying to comprehend the decisions of someone who has looped Sol Divide. It's hopeless.

>Perhaps he also just plays them because it's easier to get a world record in them?
Yes ie for him more fun. The concept of fun is a mystery to you? everyone likes different things.

He doesn't play for fun then tho. He'd play for world records then.

>He'd play for world records then.
yes because he finds it fun, he could play for wr in shumps to but he doesn't find this fun.

>blondis face when cyanide hits

Bahmpu~

What could have been. I kind of like the bottom right concept.

Losing chain while bombing is soooo annoying Guwange. It's the thing I hate the most about this game.

btfo desu
cee dreams of taking a banana up his ass every night
sad! gay!

if you use condom it is not gay

Bottom right looks like his nose is about to break any time soon.

>tfw Reco will never rub your nose with her sweaty underage pussy

I...I think this is the guy that keeps kicking my ass at Pawarumi.