>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Hollow Gank Spank
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Dark Souls 2 is a terrible video game, as well as a terrible souls title

>"I can't avoid damage with low ADP"
This is where you misinterpret my argument. I think it is shit and stupid that the player character feels slow and shitty with low agility, not low adp. adp ups agility but it's not the only source.

When you have low agility, it takes fucking forever to even use an item. It's a retarded idea to tie stuff like that to an internal stat.

my complaint is that it feels bad and isn't fun, not hurr I take dmg sometimes. That is part of why it's not fun but you're trying to construe me as le salty because I le YOU DIED or something, when that isn't the case.

wank off over your skill all you want, I don't care, that's not what I'm arguing. I'm arguing ds2 is a shit game from all angles and agility is one of the many, many reasons why

Reminder that souls games should give you 2 options at every level up

Damage
Equip load

Leveling damage gives you more damage with every weapon and spell
Leveling equip load gives more equip load

Leveling both gives you HP and Stamina, having a separate HP stat is needless padding and soul level inflation

Indeed, but there should honestly only be two types of enemies as well: "Enemy" and "Boss".
All the different weapon types are also bloat -- why not just narrow it down to "Sword" and "Staff"?

That's fucking retarded

Why do people even summon Overlevelled/Twink phantoms anyway?

what do you guys think of this build?
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Hollow Gank Spank

To trivialize content because they're bad. Or to gank.

>kill a deacon
>drops robes
>they're a different color

>kill the blue lothric knight
>he drops normal red armor

what the fuck man

You are right.
We should only have 1 level up option, that being "Damage" because who in their right mind would trade damage for armor, thats dumb.

Actually now that I think about it, it would be better if the game didn't have levels at all, all enemies would have a set amount of HP, you would do a set amount of damage. Obviously we would also need to remove different weapon types and attack animations, a perfect game with no artificial soul level boosting stats

Do you rike Derk Soors Tree?

How about everything just dies in one hit, and the weapons are just cosmetic (they all share the same moveset and hitboxes for balancing purposes). That would be the best PVP game ever.

>weapons
>s
That's where you're wrong, buddy. There's only one weapon: "Sword".

Is there any real use for the Door Greatshields lockdown defense?

You can't turn, can't regen stamina and you don't get reduced stamina cost for blocking.

But it seems pointless.
It takes the fun out of the game and all your left with is a hollow sense of achievement that'll last like 5 minutes before you go on to the next game to breeze through.
Are people truly that pathetic that they'd deny themselves the sense of accomplishment that conquering the game by yourself gives you, just for a hollow victory?

But if everything dies in 1 hit wouldn't that make having enemies at all kind of a waste.
How about we remove all enemies and levels only exist as a playground for the PvP?

How about we just remove the PvP too, then the levels have no point so we can remove them too, you press start and you get right to the credits! No need for all this "gameplay" padding and all the lore nerds and PvP lords could build a big friendly club house so they could talk about everything that they have in common, which is to say everything because they all experience the game in the exact same way.

Yo, what, those deacons drop a blue version of the robe?

Why are you assuming it's their first playthrough
Why are you assuming they know what an overleveled twink looks like if it is their first playthrough
Why are you assuming they enjoy the same things about the series as you do
Why do you assume so much about random strangers on the internet and why do you CARE so much about how they play their videogames?

>barely beat Demon in Pain and Demon From Below
>Demon Prince

>Crystal Sage keeps killing me when its at like 1/10th health left
Am I just lacking in gud or is this the first legit boss?

first for eclebs

No, just red
>blue lothric knight/cathedral knight/deacon
>golden winged knight
>undamaged lothric foot soldier set (deserter)
>handmaid set (white jailer)
Many such cases

>>wish i had friends
The post

It is not the first legit boss.

>needing friends
Friends are for the weak.

>making DeS build because I still want to make a PvP build despite the servers going down next month
>autistic about starting as the Knight
>Temple Knight is much more efficient
>not only can I use the scraping spear but I can also get a side weapon and not compromise fashion all in one
I still can't get over it and I hate it.

Crystal Sage can be a cunt sometimes depending on the replica placement. Maybe you just got unlucky.

I just throw knives at the clones as soon as they appear.

>you can only summon friends
You need to pay attention to your surroundings

You guys are coming at it from completely the wrong angle.
What we need is a stat for everything. Your character should start off naked and walking and you can't attack or move until you level up enough. Your character's speed, the ability to move the camera around, the ability to not randomly fall through the world, these should all be tied to stats. Also you shouldn't be allowed to use items unless you level the item stat.

after all that's what makes for truly diverse build quantity

That did occur to me, but the number of cutscenes played makes me think that all of them can't be on a NG+ cycle.

Is there any point in grabbing an ultra weapon other than hyperarmour?
I can just poke ppl with a straight sword/dagger and there isnt a single thing they can do without switching gear.

The DLCquest of the souls games.

But my man we have empirical proof that stats are bad, there is no need to discuss things.
What the series needs is a good hard cleaning of every RPG element still in it, since there is such a wide variety RPGs with good real time combat we should do the most we can to ensure that the series stays unique by making the core gameplay as loosely tied to stats as humanly possible, preferably by removing stats entirely.

literally no, unless you want big boi damage or just fun in PvE.

souls games offer cheese (short swords). Often, you can tell what kind of player a person is when they don't accept the cheese. Sometimes, the player doesn't accept anything at all and only gives. When the player gives, the game is fun, and that's when you see ultra weapons, pure faith builds, pure sorcery builds, and fashion builds.

What's up y'all...

So, what sorceries are commonly used on INT builds? I've never really bothered with Sorcery but I'm finally going for a 60 INT build. I've got Homing Crystal Soulmass and Old Moonlight (more of a personal preference), is Crystal Soul Spears damage worth how easy it is to dodge?

Unless that guy went back to majula, bought enough shit from the merchant to unlock smelter gear and then slapped it on, all the while having enough Vit to actually walk AND use a tower shield right after beating smelter but before fighting OI king, I'd say that was 100% not a new player

No no no no, we're clearly seeing in these threads that the opposite is true, we need to tie as much as possible to stats to make sure the game stays an action RPG with the emphasis on RPG. After all that's what RPG means, isn't it? A game where stats determine absolutely everything. The action's irrelevent to Souls. I want to hear more about how we're going to tie core mechanics to stats to be honest.

>Your character should start off naked
That'd actually be pretty awesome. Instead of just choosing a class in character creation, you would go through the first area leveling up and the equipment/spells you would acquire throughout that area would be based on how you leveled your stats up.
Person A increases Strength and Vitality and ends up with heavier armor and a greatsword.
Person B increases Intelligence and Attunement and gets some robes, a catalyst, and Soul Arrow.

There was this one Mount and Blade mod where you would fall over every other step if you tried to wear any armor, I think that's where the series should be headed.
You should either be incapable of doing anything at all without stat investment, including breathing or there should be no stats at all, there is no middle ground to be had

I tried it for that damage, but it just does not feel right. Sure the damage is higher but not that much when I consider all the disatvantages compared to SS.
At least I can send people flying with stomp, so there is that.

Now that's what I'm talking about. After all, it's an RPG right? that means you have to put stuff in stats for the game to work. In fact you shouldn't be able to leave the bonfire unless you have the 'can stand up' stat up to a breakpoint of, oh, I don't know, maybe 27 or something.

Can someone tell me how to into dex/luck builds on DaS3? I'm getting tired of smashing shit with big dumb swords.

Yeah the actual dps is rarely gonna be much higher. Dark 3 just has weird DPS in that smaller and medium sized weapons completely dominate in terms of damage output, especially when buffed.

Strength weapons only get some real nice look ins way late into the game.

How the fuck do I pure faith build in DS3

You just gotta have faith in yourself.

Just grab a longsword and infuse it with lightning.

This, then equp Crucifix and lightning arrow after you beat the game.

You level DEX
You level HP
You level Stamina
You level Vitality just enough to fashion whatever you want

You equip sellsword twinblades and have a weapon capable of guard breaking in your inventory for dealing with the occasional enemy that likes to sit behind his shield all day because universal guard breaks on every weapon were a bad idea apparently who the fuck likes the stupid backflip 0 damage attack thing some weapons have I swear to god memezaky

You level your stats basically equally (first you get enough to use your weapons, the 1 level into HP, 1 into the green bar and 1 into DEX until you beat the game) and will breeze through every boss with very few difficulties, no other build you do later will come close to beating how just plain good memeswords are at destroying PvE

Why does she wear the coat?

Anyone else unable to go online on PS4 for DS3?

installed DSCM this morning and just got invaded for the first time in sens fortress. Some dude trying to kill me with poison arrow but I blew him the fuck out with WoG. Looking forward to more

Nigga it’s snowing

Literally a meme.

Every spirit that's not an Aldritch is retarded.
First the classic purple that pulled down the anor londo tower letting the host get to the fog safe and sound and then the red that attacks me for no reason, not even by accident because I didn't have the untrue ring.

High quality pvp, guys.

It's actually her "skin".

>"invaders always have to follow the rules!! >:("

High quality autism guys

>DS3 characters
>ever good looking

Is it possible for me to do Lost Bastille from the bird drop off bonfire without a branch of yore? Seems I just dead end there or at the locked door

It's literally the other way around, Aldrichfags are some of the worst invading scum in the game. The reason reds attack you is because you're unreliable filth who'll just as soon attack a fellow invader as you will the host or his phantoms. I've seen Aldrichfags explicitly say that they kill non-territory invaders because they want to send blueberries home, unaware of the fact that you want blueberries in your world for the free Estus refill.

She's barefoot.. she isn't cold
you can look up her skirt and see her legs lol
her tail also pokes out of the coat at a really odd spot instead of just being a part of it if it was really her fur
the fur on her arms might be real but everything else is questionable

I don't think so. Thanks Scholar!

>points into HP

You can find one shortly after you enter the Bastille from that direction. You just have to search thoroughly.

The key to the door is in the tower with lucatiel in scholar
The fight with the sentinels is not blocked by a branch without scholar

What class do I start as? What gift do I take?

I havent played this game in ages pls no bully

Scholar has some really strange design choices honestly.

Scholar also added a branch that you can see from the statue door.

Eh more branches and you use them to unlock more shards or more areas to explore gives reasons to backtrack later once you have branches

Yeah this feels like some bullshit, but I did no mans already and got the other bonfire at least
If you mean the spot above Lucatiel I think I got a key there but it doesn't work on that door. The door is the one next to the gate that has a switch. Not the door behind the statue.

I'll see how many branches I have

It's easy. Don't equip any melee weapons. 60 faith, dump the rest in vigor, vitality, and endurance. Equip the following:

Way of the white corona
projected heal
Sunlight spear
then the one AoE lightning one
Lightning arrow

this is my exact build, and i have luck with it every time. It can get annoying because you don't have a melee weapon equipped, but bonking people on the head with your chalice is fun. 80% of the time people die before you run out of mana, because you deal such a high amount of damage. You win versus any build except for exceptionally good players. It's also the best build to counter R1 spammers. Don't even worry about going with healing estus, just dump all 15 slots into mana drinks and it's the most fun build I've ever played. People think Way of the White Corona is unviable, but people don't expect it to deal 120 damage on the way out, and 80 on the way back. The damage isn't high, but the mana cost is extremely low and you can spam it. Last night I had some nice matches where I incorperated WotWC heavily. Just play it, figure out the timings, and it's perfect.

it sucks in pve though

having great soul arrow and farron dart is usually a must, but check the duelist tier list in the op for a good sense of common sorcery.
CSS is not really worth it on 1v1 because of the slow cast and projectile travel speed

cleric if you stay below SL80, if else, knight

Towers apart bonfire, the one you get after the bird drop.
Walk outside the door
Walk along the ledge, stick to it until it ends with a corpse and some items, backtrack 2 feet, go through the window.
Kill the royal swordsman, push the barrel down by walking into it
Go down and clear up the dogs, most should be dead or at low HP
Go through the door
Open the chest
Take your branch
Go back to the previous room, climb up the ladder.

It's bullshit only if you don't explore and haven't cleared the other path, which is to say it isn't bullshit, you are just blind for not noticing the ledge OR not noticing the door that leads to the dogfuck room

I really hope Remastered shows your character name instead of your account name. I want to make a Necromancer character for invading and gravelording in the catacombs.

Lel. Sounds really fun, I will try that.
What sort of stat caps would you reccomend? And what was your starting class?

I could always just have a lightning longsword and a fire something or other in my inventory for PvE, like someone else was suggesting.

Maybe people in the pontiff are extra retarded but today it's been like three out of every four reds that ended up being just an estus refill for the host or trying to turn a 1v1 in a 1v2. I had a guy empty all his fucking ashen flasks on me while I was searching for the host. What's the point if they're not attacking you?

I'd have to boot up my ps4 to check my exact stats, but the only thing that really matters is the 60 faith, and make sure you have the Saint's Talisman, unless you actually want to murder best waifu for the highest faith one. Not worth it to me. Your other stats are purely for you to distribute. Definitely go for a melee weapon for pve, but in pvp people lose their marbles when you don't even swing a weapon.

What soul levels are the most active these days?
Thanks for the help btw, I can already see myself having fun with this build. Should b gud.

This.
Purge Aldrichfags

So that's why I was doing no damage to him.

You basically play it as a poor man's sword and board with heals and shitty melee stats for the vast majority of the game. But there are a few important things to do:

Get Saint Bident ASAP
Break Irina for Gnaw, then use it to kill Dancer early
Pillage Lothric Castle for the Braille Lothric Tome and Sunlight Straight Sword (Great Lightning Spear optional but recommended)
If you're feeling ballsy, farm a greatsword Lothric K***ht for LKGS and infuse it Blessed
Stay at SL25+2 to get Proofs with as little pain as possible
Get Wolnir's and Yorshka's through normal progression

Beyond that, your game will stay pretty shitty up until you get both Lightning Arrow and Crucifix of the Mad King.

As for class, you have two options: Mercenary if you're going to be leveling Dex for certain weapon combos (DMB Sellswords or DMB Twindaggers), or K***ht for just about everything else. Cleric and Herald are actually the worst starting classes for Faith builds since they have high waste Luck. Your starting gift should be anything you want, but I like Divine Blessing so that I can get Very Good! early on.

Nah, it's bullshit if I'm forced to use a branch of yore. The whole point was asking was because I don't want to use one since I already read they are limited and you can't get every unpetrifty every statue in the game because they are limited.

I already explored every part of it that I had here open to me.

When the game came out SL 120 was a reddit meme, but now generally people cap out at 120. You still get a lot of people capping at 60, 80, and 120. Any higher, I have no idea since i've never been up that high

>don't want to use one since I already read they are limited and you can't get every unpetrifty every statue in the game because they are limited.
Good job on reading people who lie/are wrong.

You can't unpetrify every statue you run across instantly, you can unpetrify them them all eventually, you will have more branches than you know what to do with by the end of the game

The only point where you should even consider if you want to unpetrify is if the statue is not blocking anything but just standing in the middle of an empty room.

Who wants to help a level 20 kill dancer on ps4?

>I already read they are limited and you can't get every unpetrifty every statue in the game because they are limited.
Let me guess, you read this on Kekxtra? Because that's literally wrong. There are exactly enough Fragrant Branches in the game to unpetrify every statue in the game, and some statues you can outright skip if you know how.

>he can't beat a SL 630 guy at SL 20
do you even try or what?

Well that's retarded, thanks. I specifically read on one of them that there were several more statues than yores in the whole game and you couldn't get them all. Is that due to DS2/Scholar edition changes ore just retardation?

How hard is it to platinum Sotfs on playstation?

OK thanks, I can work with that.

Interesting. I'd be not leveling Str or Dex at all, only faith! So not greatswords for me.
What does the bident do? Never used the thing.
Gnaw is a good shout, that will make dancer a bit of a joke.

Is 30 att enough or too much?

have you gotten help yet?

Isn't that Sirris?

Crossbow off-hand and whip main-hand is pretty fun.

>ENB doing his belittling baby voice in chat and lets his chat dogpile a viewer who asked him a normal question about his run
Goddamnit he's a fag. Can't believe I used to like him.

DS3 really brings out the worst in you, huh?

Apparently even with the wasted points in luck, cleric and herald are more soul level efficient than K***ht. Don't know what to think lads might just start as a herald for that pure swag armour.

summon sign outside, password:

benis

Welcome to DS2, we have 4 different wikis, they are all wrong about different things.
Plain from the amount of items to what enemies are resistant to what spells to how weapon buff damage works.

Scholar didn't help things but 2 has never been the best documented game, shitloads of misinformation and memes floating around