Asymmetrical Slasher Series General - /assg/

Everyone is a camper edition

New Saw Chapter Released for DbD
>[YouTube] Dead by Daylight – The Saw® Chapter (embed)

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical multiplayer slasher game where 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
In development. Class based with weaker killers. Beta Delayed yet again. (Possibly not real)
lastyearthegame.com

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/1480982338946530500

>Skill Check Simulator (DbD)
mistersyms.com/tools/gitgud/index

Reverse Bear Trapped

Thread claimed

>(embed)
>no actual link
shamefur

Remember to use Dead Hard so you can escape just fine.

I thought someone said they patched that out before PC got their release.

Can't wait to try this baby out against a doctor.

>Want to put points in pig
>Know for a FACT she's going to be gutted quickly

Overcharge doesn't have a 'good' zone, it only has a great zone.

good skillchecks become great. it won't affect overcharge or decisive strike.

Devs confirmed it's been patched. user's being a memer.

>Not playing her because she's actually fun

>unhook a guy with a trap on his head
>he races for the exit gate with pig hot on our heels
>explodes
>teabag together with pig then walk out

I don’t want to deal with 2 hour wait killer lobby but do want to try her out.

Don’t even get to play until tonight because work.

Does Miss Piggy have collision while crouched?

>spawn next to chest
>begin searching
>"i hope the killer isn't myers because then there's a good chance he's near, and he would have heard me ope-"
>shank

i swear to god I'm a psychic

When did I say otherwise mister ESL?

Is anyone having trouble connecting to the games? i get in the lobby but when the game is loading it stops with the full bar and it never loads
Its been happening since yesterday

Had a game against Piggu in the Gideon Meat Plant. Holy shit the map is fantastic. Maybe it's just because it's the first time I see it, but it feels labyrinthic as fuck, very hard to spot things around so you actually have to explore. It seems almost every generator opens a door or window, which is pretty great too, because it'll depend if you have an escape route on the generators done.
Being a two-story map also builds the suspense a lot, because you don't know what could be happening over your head.
I'll have to try it out as killer now though, but it seems to have enough open spaces to not bump into everything as Billy or Huntress' hatchets to get fucked.
All in all I really like the map. Let's see how it frustrates me when I play killer.

But console...

i've had this a few times, just restart your computer, that sorts it 9 times outta ten. if that doesn't work verify integrity of game files but that can take like 20 minutes so try the restart first

yes

>i've had this a few times, just restart your computer, that sorts it 9 times outta ten. if that doesn't work verify integrity of game files but that can take like 20 minutes so try the restart first

Did all that already i think i fucked up something with the router ports? is it possible? i dont know, fuck i just want to try piggy

alternatively is there some way to ask for support? on steam or something

So I can bodyblock while their timer is ticking.I can't wait to play her :)

F13 has dead weight on it, instead of being able to make new content for the game they're forced to work on shit no one cares about like a single player mode while DbD doesn't

post in the technical support section of the steam forums, there are mods that might take a look. you could also try a full uninstall/reinstall if you don't have a data cap. if that doesn't fix it it could be a router thing like you said

With all these different licenses in DbD can we finally get a big-budge sequel to Terrordrome?

>shit no one cares about like a single player mode
don't forget the multiplayer mode!

Make Your Choice is going to be fucking great with Hag

>Bringing someone with a bear trap passed the exit gate yourself and watch em blow up a foot away

I love it

>you could also try a full uninstall/reinstall

i did that yesterday too

I really like the new Killer.

Me too, shame about the upcoming nurfs though.

that doesn't work

They already confirmed nerfs?

Same, and I feel like there aren't going to be serious nerfs

Agreed, she's devastating with NOED.

It can if Piggu lets them out right at the entrance and the idiot survivor decides to just go through.

Why don't we get full credit when someone DCs?
This is fucking stupid that I should lose points because a group of self admittedly SWF groups decided I was camping their friend so they pulled the plug.

I LITERALLY just fucking did it, fuck off.

>Frogs in charge of punctuation

Can you actually do this? Or does it auto put you in a chase so the timer stops.

>buy the pig
>enter lobby
>just me for 5 minutes

what are these wait times

>managed to make a hatch catch by uncrouching and clicking at the last possible second
I feel like a god

Playing survivor still. Literally just saw an idiot run through the doors instead of trying to take the RBT off. I teabagged him. Feels good.

>People are actually dumb enough to buy this DLC after what happened to Freddy

What an annoying first game.

Traps are actually pretty good for the last part of the game. I managed to get those two by hounding them while they had traps on their heads with the gates open.

People seem to be adjusting well, I haven't seen anyone complaining on either side

>new killer comes out
>"Why aren't there any survivors?"

There's 30,000 people playing, I didn't think the wait times would be that bad

Gas all survivor mains

Should have saved blood points for new killer. Ruin is really good on her. Start using your RBTs after Ruin is destroyed.

Everyone is playing the new killer, even survbabbies. Give it time.

Checked the account
Only a few shitty killer achievements and only achieved a rank of 18 with killer
Meanwhile, almost all the survivor achievements
I don't understand these people

lol Why do you think there's 30k people playing? I can't really imagine them going 'holy shit, the new survivor David Tapp is out'

A new killer adds content even when you're playing as a survivor.

>tfw been up since 7am hoping to play the DLC on ps4
>its now 9:15pm
>have a lot of shit I need to do this week and this was the only day i'm free
I fucking hate the devs so much

Place your bets on the new shrine boys. Franklin's never.

>button

I remember that guy. Faced him at least twice. This one he implied that I had a wallhack because I found him in a pretty obvious spot. Another time he ragequit after I heard him healing in a basement and found him. Then his buddy claimed I was cheating because I kept finding them and the timing for his skillchecks was off. I had a full stack of Huntress' Lullaby.

30K people are playing, upwards of like 40-50% of which are playing Killer, mostly Pig. I'm glad she's fun to face, though.

Leatherface is $4 you cheap bastard

>implying I don't have him and his teachables already
I'm just spreading the meme

>hit the cow
>down the claud behind you

>still no ps4 update
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>Kill 3/4 SWF team
>Last one gets away by hatch even though I know where it is every single time
>They BM in chat saying it's my lost and clearly I'm just a bad killer
It's these fuckers that force killers to do a 30 minutes hatch stand off holy fuck
When can we round survivors up in camps

She was crouched in front of me and fell through me.

sure kid

>Literally every fucking survivor has the same 4-6 meta perks

Totally healthy game design though guys

>mfw I die to reverse bear trap just because of bad RNG

New killer is fun to play as and against but come the fuck on with this RNG. At least give it a guaranteed unlock on the 4th jigsaw box or something.

Don't worry, she'll be nerfed into the ground within a week.

No Steam forum post please.

>people were still confident that Amanda won't be nerfed
>the bitching has already started
The real question is, what can they do to fuck her up? We know nerfs are inevitable, but what will they be? My guess is Make Your Choice will be the first to go.

>leveling up my Piggu
>first three perks besides her first teachable have been Nurse's Calling, NOED and Ruin

The game wants me to play her so bad

what's the name of Amanda's splinter?

>Try to kill myself with a reverse bear trap
>Ms. Piggy just hooks me 3 times instead
O-ok then...

You’d have better luck using it against a doctor with Ruin than just a regular doc.

You know its gonna happen.

Her crouching speed will be nerfed, or her ambush range. Or both.

Just tried it in another game, she didn't even put a collar on anyone.

Yeh I'm finding a lot of games where the killer doesn't use her traps

There will be a cooldown after she does her ambush attacks, and the speed will probably be reduced. As for the RBTs, they're already fucked so the only thing I can think of to make them more useless is to have a little alert when a survivor approaches the exit gates with one to remind them that they'll die if they go any farther.

>couldn't get inside
nice game frogs

>tfw Amanda is a balanced killer
>but she's going to get nerfed because of whining survivors

All Pigfu's traps need for them to be effective is for the timer to be reduced maybe down to a minute and a half or for the key boxes to have their auras removed for survivors. You don't need to do both, just one or the other.

the only thing that's even remotely iffy on her is her default lunge range feels a bit longer than it should be.

>mfw killers are tunneling RBT'd survivors

nurse feels terrible now wtf

>devs say the dlc will arrive today on ps4
>it still hasn't

Working as intended.

Wait. Don't the RBTs trigger when any survivor leaves through the exit door? Or does it have to be the survivor wearing the trap?

>Have a an 'activated' trap on my head
>Only other remaining survivor leaves through the exit door while I'm searching a music box
>Nothing happens
>I proceed to leave through the hatch with the trap still on my head
>No repurcussions at all

Is this working as intended, or shitty coding? I've noticed the 'pallet-breaking sound on gen kicking' bug is back.

I have to say, the new map is awesome.

Hatch doesn't trigger the trap. And it's only if you as the the trapped survivor walk past the invisible kill trigger at the exit gate that you die.

I think it's glitched, I just came to ask how long RBTs take to go off cause I put one on someone and followed them around for well over ten minutes and it never went off.

>give killer a good tool to effectively stall even without ruin
>most pigresses don't even use their traps, just Insidious camp hooks

chasing them stops the time from ticking down

Countdown doesn't go down in a chase.

To stop people from doing exactly what you did.

I'd say she's a notch above overpowered, but it's so slight once people realize how to deal with her.

I thought the whole idea of the trap was that it turns survivors on one another.

Surely, anyone else leaving should cut your trap's timer by 10-20 seconds or something.

>muh free win