/svg/ - Shadowverse General

Maintenance from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. (PST)

Latest expansion pack is Chronogenesis
shadowverse.com/cardpack/chronogenesis/
Chronogenesis anniversary leaders - Albert, Cerberus, Dark General

NEWS
>January nerfs/restrictions - Bahamut, Magic Illusionist, Thane, Blood Wolf, Aria
shadowverse.com/news/?announce_id=520
>Rotation, formats, new class
shadowverse.com/news/?announce_id=442

Official Website
shadowverse.com/

Official deckbuilder and card database
shadowverse-portal.com/

Useful Links
pastebin.com/SZNKYEMi

Previous:

Thanks KMR, these """""nerfs""""" are exactly what the game needed to be fun again. You did it.

>Levi and Oz untouched
Wake me up next month.

This deck's worst match ups are aggro Blood and Bahamut. I genuinely think this might become a decent deck if you didn't have to worry about your whole shit going up in flames the second Dragon gets 10pp. Thankfully you can force out a Bahamut or 2 by overextending with artifacts, but if they draw well, SahaIsra can clear those and he can save Bahamuts for amulets. I only won, because people only expect Safira.

I wish I could touch Oz

dick?

Friendship ended with Arthur.

That's another good question, if I had to guess I'd say they simply don't understand what makes cards viable in this game. It's kind of apparent when you look at stuff like Mail of Obliteration, Anomaly, etc. while they continue to give every class cost-effective Bane; they print things thinking they know how the meta will turn out and then are caught completely off-guard when things turn out differently than they expect. There's no way they expected Baphomet+Spawn neutral blood to be a thing, they just printed all these cards and overlooked the synergies because it wasn't the kind of deck they were trying to support, so it didn't exist as far as they were concerned. Like, they just got done giving dirt rune Rose Queen after Rose Queen herself has been almost unplayable since the game released, and their best guess at fixing the problem was to put her in a different class and give her Ward. I know people like to be optimistic sometimes, but at this point it's painfully obvious they have no fucking clue how their game is actually played.

Not just legends, but other than that yes. The other 1-of restriction this month of Blood Wolf, which is a bronze. It's the same kind of shit that makes HS too luck-based, only now it's even more crap because you draw less, meaning it'll be even more RNG highroll than HS. Like I said before, Aria isn't a crisis by herself, and Wolf as a 1-of might as well just be a ban, but in the future the format could get completely ruined if more deck-centric cards get hit to 1-ofs, because the whole thing absolutely will become nothing but highroll cancer. The point of unlimited was ideally supposed to be that you could keep playing archetypes that rotated out, but if they keep going like this and several months down the line there's 30+ 1-of cards, it's gonna be borderline unplayable, since you might as well just play the lottery instead of wasting your time in the game.

Slayer is better than Hero.

No real list yet, just playing around with the concept. The 1 offs will probably be replaced. Off screen are 2 Rift and 2 Deus Ex.
I think Saha package is better than Hero and Melissa. They help you a lot in your 2 worst match ups, burn and mid Shadow.

>13 leggos
>literally only one bronze in the entire deck
Remember when KMR said rotation was going to make it easier for new players to make decks?

>turn 7
>you're at full hp
>opponent has no board
>you die
>this is balanced
nerf dragon and rune btw

>playing Melissa

why would you drop arthur lemao

Hero lives through 3 hits with Durandal and is thus harder to kill than Fangblade, so he can get in 6 damage easier. Hero can also can straight up wins games by himself unlike Fangblade. Hero is pretty much always the better option among those two if you are playing Roland. If we were talking about a typical Mid Sword build, I'd 100% agree with you.

Will consider.

Frontguard is kill

Melissa does literally nothing. Might as well play cock.

There's no replacement for Frontguard in the entire game. He's the only stick ward they ever printed. Also, Sword never really struggled with fat dudes, especially if you run all Cu and Momos. You want more options against wide boards, you won't always get your Tempests. Israfil is a better card in every way, and it also covers another big whole in Sword, healing. If you run Isra, and you're already running Baha, you know what goes with those 2.

That's not a tooth.

They seem to have no patience when it comes to developing new builds. Either they end up abandoning it after one set like so many builds we can name, or they just fucking hammer it through to tier 1 status immediately like Daria or Mid-Shadow.

Thinking i will try Windmill feat Storm Baha
Just need to wait Thane to get nerfed for the amutlet vials, maybe should consider some more early game but dunno where could cut

>More than that why the fuck Kaiza over Phoenix?
Unlimited Carrot Works.

You're going way too hard on the OTK, you're not going to survive that long most of the time.

But where's the Homecoming reprint?

God damn his art is fucking amazing.

is skeleton prince his dad?

Dunno if Tilting's going to be viable or not, but I'd remove Aielas and use 2 queens, max.

>No Saha
>only 1 Isra
Save your vials, don't even bother, Windmill only works with full SahaIsra engine

>people think dragon will stop running baha
One of dragons strongest points is that it's held together so firmly by neutral followers that dragon summoner will only pull your ramp followers or itself

Just Fairy Torr..nevermind it's vial bin trash.

Needs more drawpower.

>remove Aeila
?????

>nerfs aren't significant

I'd still run arthur in that deck

Pretty much, yeah. There's so many things they could give support to, but instead they just keep lazily making new unfinished archetypes, and now I guess they're just gonna rotate out all the old unfinished archetypes in hopes people will forget about them. After all, people won't ask for stuff like disco support as much if all the old disco cards are gone in rotation anyway, I suppose. The unlimited restrictions are a different problem with the same cause, since nobody would be too concerned if they'd just done actual nerfs, but instead they had to be lazy and do 1-of restrictions so they didn't have to spend the time to consider what a proper nerf would be, not realizing how much of a problem that philosophy will become further down the line. It all just comes down to laziness, pure and simple, and while it's always been a problem, the recent expacs in combination with rotations has really made it worse.

>playing sword with albert leader
>against another albert, I start mimicking his emotes for fun
>he has lethal but concedes and gives me the win
>next match against rune
>this happens
can anyone deny that rune players are absolutely the worst sports in this game? followed by forte players

Who's ready for the 1st trolling twitter memes claiming 17 winstreak (16 with Dragon not shown) with cannon sword?

Concede please!

Going 1st she's usually complete trash, especially in OTK, as you want to save your evolves. At best you can use her alongside Fervor or Sibyl if you ramp well at start, but even that may be a waste, depending on the board state, as you wouldn't want to waste the evolve or suicide her just for one ramp. And if you Oracle into Fervor you don't wanna use her at all around turn 5 at 7pp, so she's a dead draw. In Dragon mirrors she's completely useless, will clutter your hand and make Dragon Summoner worse, as well. Cut her for something else. You won't even notice that she's gone. I don't know why people bandwagon so hard for all the ramp to auto include even bad cards. Vanilla Aiela is a different story.

Restricting cards that have already rotated is really dumb. There's no harm to rotation to nerf them, instead as you say they just limit you to 1 wolf which makes losing to an aggro blood that drew in on curve going 1st feel bad.

I want those rupees for more packs!

this should have been done in the same nerf as when lightning breath got changed

>no extras of any of the nerfed cards
What do I star now?

Daria

In some situations this can be a buff vs Haven. For instance, they have stuff on the board, plus a March Hare amulet & Carapace. Also Tribunal, of course.

Owl

Owl, Oz, Orenonawa

My thoughts exactly, the 1-ofs will do nothing but make shit feel cheap and luck-based, which is something they should really avoid. As much as I hate to say it, even a complete ban of a card would be better for the health of the game than what they're doing, since at least then the decks getting hit wouldn't become so draw-dependent. Hopefully they reconsider their approach in the future, because if they don't then unlimited might as well not exist in another few months, since every over-performing deck will be reliant on hitting 1-ofs instead of actually playing the game well.

Does one run Ultimate Chimera in Rotation Daria?

Brambles, Barrage, Owl, Kaleido, Oz, Muta, Levi, Scyther Dragoon, Skull Ring. Rune is 100% getting hit next, they might even emergency hit it, because the retards only took stats from the start of the expansion.

>fucking bronze

Owl is the single most likely card to get hit next.

No.
>Conjure Twosome

>Conjure Twosome
Stop.
And no. 9 times out of 10 it'll be a brick you just discard with Daria.

Are the nerfs live?

Thane is now Nep support! The deck is saved in rotation! Fuck you for killing her a set early Cygames.

46908 need a concede

Read the OP, faggot.

Post elves

Why is it always the japs who rope me in unranked games for my daily missions?
It's unranked, just keep queuing until you get some godly cheese to win with, you can't be THAT garbage at this game... right?

I mean I'm just going to boot up youtube and play out my turn in like 10sec, then wait for my own timer before passing turn.

If it's any consolation, she can still do well in Unlimited if you play her for hard control. Tempest, Lurching, Ceres, etc. are pretty good at halting aggro early on, and since you still have Death's Breath you can stabilize against later threats. You'll still get absolutely dicked by Dshit of course, but oddly enough I haven't seen them around much.

Where? Over Melissa?

>there are people who think owl will get hit when daria isn't even one of the most played/highest winrate decks

I love you too Cerb. Now please, let me get Albert

>daria isn't even one of the most played/highest winrate decks

Yeah those morons are too stupid to nerf on things (Rune and Dragon especially) for just being anti-fun and look only at data and don't make substantial enough changes

It's not always intentional, many of them just sit there '''thinking''' that fucking long. So many random nip steams I've thrown on to have some background noise where I see the red ring appear on half their turns. I actually saw one guy lose because he ran out of time and couldn't evo trade in time.

>that sample size
nice

>thousands of matches isn't a good enough sample size

>the fourth most played deck of the format isn't enough sample size

What are you even supposed to do as control forest against Daria in rotation? Concede after first owl evo?

switch to neutral forest and play 2pp themis

Just Homecoming, bro

-1 Roland
-1 Frontline or Timmy
+2 Arthur
You running only 3 targets actually synergises with durandal, surprisingly, but your arthur pulls are gonna be weak regardless, they're going to be mainly for putting up an instant board, forcing aoe (which arthur may survive) and filtering your deck

Neutral forest is gay, I don't find it fun. Furthermore everyone is going to run fall from grace very soon thanks to dragoncucks so BnB is going to be very useless.

>higher winrate going second
Uhhhh, shadowbabs?????

meant for

>More Owl evos=more winning
Gee, what a surprise.

But /svg/ told me that evos are useless and everyone wants to go first in this game

>/svg/ is fucking retarded and wrong
You're just full of insight today.

fuck off, restriction can be lifted, or they can allow 2 wolves in the future, and there is no meaningful way to nerf the wolf

not everyone, but the most

>restriction can be lifted
Sure, if all the other problem cards with the deck go away. Which could happen with Aria if they hit Roach instead, but Wolf is not coming back.

He was Storm Dragon, there was no thought involved.
Hell, if you aren't playing Artifact Portal, there is not that much you need to think about in your turns with most decks.

So to answer the original question, yes, some players are just THAT garbage.

no, if aggro blood will underperform

Wolf isn't particularly strong because of the curve. It is strong because it is out-of-hand damage.
Restricting it makes sense because it reduces the amount of out of hand damage and reach Aggro Blood has, especially after the Carabosse turn.
The restriction that is retarded and makes decks more highroll-oriented is Aria's. They should've nerfed the fucking bug.

I want to make ptp sword work

I made it work exactly once.

It was passable back in DE. You got to play more Otohime's per game than any other deck.

As someone who has played YGO competitively during it's shittiest formats.

Limiting, Semi-Limiting does nothing but increase more negativity about a card that is considered inherently busted.

An example is Maxx "C". It is a handtrap card which allows you to draw a card in addition to each special summon conducted by your opponent. Many, here in the West (TCG) consider it busted because it discourages the spamming of huge boards (which most Tier 1 decks do) causing the player to choose between either continuing their turn and being unable to establish a strong board to end the game or survive the one who used Maxx "C" in sequence's turn or stopping the turn with what they actually have accomplished so far.

It lead to the TCG going through the sequence of moving it from at three to two then to one. While the East (OCG) put it at two but moved it back to three understanding that being at one will make it a luckbased thing of "Did I open it?" "No? I lost because my opponent can pop off." "Yes? I have to hold to it and see if I can cuck my opponent without me being retarded or getting cucked in return."

Roach is the Dante of Shadowverse. It will stay around and find ways to come back to the meta until the game dies.

>there is no meaningful way to nerf the wolf
Make it a 1/2 instead of a 2/1, bam, it's done. You can still get it off Airjammer, it's still early storm damage, but it's not so much damage that it makes the deck unfair. Wow, that was so hard.

In case you somehow missed it, I've said multiple times by now that I agree that the deck deserved to be nerfed. My problem, my explicit problem, that I state in every single post, that you've still somehow missed, is that 1-of restrictions are a lazy and terrible method of balancing unlimited that will cause massive issues in the future of the format.

You're close, but not quite there. It's strong because it makes Airjammer viable, without it Airjammer is deleted. Aggro blood will do well enough without it, because pic related exists, but Vengeance decks that relied on it to make Airjammer work will be significantly worse off. The deck now has to come up with a new turn 5 play that functions, assuming one exists, which makes the nerf hit it much harder than aggro blood, despite vengeance already having a lower winrate than aggro before the nerfs. Which comes back to my central point, that the 1-of restriction is lazy balancing with poorly thought-out consequences.

Swap Conjure Twosome with what familia?