/mhg/ - Monster Hunter!

Swordmaster in Dos edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, with a fall 2018 PC release.
↳A Limited Edition Rathalos PS4Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Elder Dragons + Deviljho: youtube.com/watch?v=lmwxyM3sPwc
↳Full 2018 Winter Event Livestream: youtube.com/watch?v=FuxxrCmLi58
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Moveset Changes: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password
In World or 3U; use 'rage'
In 3DS games; use 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5pNvk1KxNrg
youtube.com/watch?v=avZDnKz4V98
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for OH NO NO NO NO

>Tempered is just rehashed Hyper/Apex
OH NO NO NO NO

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 on 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Reminder.

Huntresses

they removed so much grind

gems are easy now, less materials for everything etc

Here some SnS footage from the demo:
youtube.com/watch?v=5pNvk1KxNrg

jesus christ the Third Fleet Master is a fucking babe what the hell

Forever BTFO

>third fleet master calls vaal hazak a "he"

Whenever someone forces the "OH NONONONO" meme all I hear in my head is a flamboyant gay white man wagging his finger and trying to sound like a black girl. Which, I mean, isn't that far off from what the meme is based on, but still.

>People thought Tempered was gonna be anything other then this
OH NO NO NO NO

>check amazon
>release 26.01.2018
>shipping 25.01.2018

Wish me luck.

Is there a single person that was expecting them to be anything more than harder versions? Tempered isn't even a cool enough name to warrant significant changes.

Still a myth until the monster packs confirm otherwise

astalos confirmed mainline kek

>Not knowing the NiggerKino from which this is based on
OH NO NO NO NO
youtube.com/watch?v=avZDnKz4V98

>What about its moveset has changed?
Virtually nothing? All that's major in terms of changes is that you're forced into a jumping attack if you land a charged backhop hit. But that leads into either a mounting strike or a shield slam that does massive KO damage. It even has a new pivoting swing that helps you re-position yourself. Shit, I was even starting to learn about some guardpoints. Charged backhop has one at the start of animation which is pretty wild and something I want to master. It's basically the 4U SnS but with even better mounting and KO capability. For example, I'm able to squeeze out a KO once or twice per hunt just from using the jumping shield slam when there's a big opening like a trip or a paralysis.

I don't think anyone ever thought tempered was going to be anything other than harder versions of monsters that allowed you to push your gear beyond the normal limits, like hypers and apexes.

>Not knowing the NiggerKino from which this is based on
I do know though.
>Which, I mean, isn't that far off from what the meme is based on

>confirmed
What? Why would it even need confirmation? Gen and XX took the slot of mainline releases, only the most retarded person in denial would say otherwise.

>expecting anything else
stfu

Is that a bad thing? I mean I like grinding but not spending half of my life killing Rathalos for a single gem grinding.

Astalos is a great monster. The tears of the deniers are so sweet.

This is my ps4 profile cover image lul

>Has gay men in his head
OH NO NO NO NO

4 had frenzy/apex + guild quests

Gen had hyper + deviants

World has tempered + ??????

have fun getting it on monday

An interview at e3 2017 confirmed that Capcom in their own words considers X/XX a spinoff and World the continuation of mainline.

Spinoffs can be canon though.

>remove grinding
>game revealed to be short af

HUNTARDS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Only fucking idiots tried to argue that a MH hunting game was not canon.

hyper sandfrogs.

For those of you who actually thought Tempered was gonna be something else, what did you think it was gonna be?

>gems were hard
It's okay, you can say you're bad.

>just spams one attack like everything else
>worse, it's the aerial style jump
>worse still, the aerial style jump replaced the backhop into lunge
Welp, RIP SnS.

>90% of time spent playing monster hunter is killing the same monsters over and over again
Who could have guessed

nice source

Capcom considers every g-rank version a spinoff with only the first game being a main title, and yet you still had people arguing about non-canon.

I expected more of a visual difference. That's all. I knew it would just be stronger dudes, I just thought they'd have Life Crystals growing on their skin or something.

Ask the Huntsman anything

i wanted them to at least have different colors and more spikes

did this dude just fart

I knew it was going to be just harder versions, but I'm hoping for a little more once we get in there, even if it's just visual flair. That Anja picture doesn't show much though so I can't really say for certain if there is any. At the very least I hope they're actually hard.

What do you think of all these new fangled hunters with their combined blademaster/gunner armor?

No, you're already playing frontier. You can't get more spikes

>gravios key quest
>next key quest is black gravios

>spamming one attack is the best way to play the weapon
>it's still slower than almost every other weapon
who gave this the greenlight? who let this make it to the full game? this is fucking embarassing. fuck.

There has to be some sort of visual way to differentiate tempered and not.

Gems are also used for augmentation if the text was any indication, which means you're going to need more of them than before.

What doth life?

>just spams one attack like everything else
Wrong
>worse still, the aerial style jump replaced the backhop into lunge
It's didn't replace anything. Lunge just leads into a jump.

The best is still a combination of the optimal combo and charged backhops, you now just have the choice between some bigger finishers at the end of those backhops. Jesus, just stop posting. You're an idiot.

Thoughts on the latest /mhg/ meme, OH NO NO NO NO? How would you compare it to cringeposting?

Launch roster keeps getting bigger!

>I just thought they'd have Life Crystals growing on their skin or something.
Good the mainline team is more dignified than that

The problem with MHW is that there are too many returning monsters and too few brand new late game monsters

TIME FOR VAAL HAZAAK

V A A L

H
A
Z
A
K

this sandnigger has better japanese than english

Indifferent
What?
Annoying as shit, these kids need to get out of my lawn

I HATE DUNEFROG

I thought World would have an actual endgame like the last game made by the "mainline team" which was 4U and had guild quests for endgame.

You realize he's spamming the jump because it helps break Nerg's spikes right? SnS can reach even high up breakpoints on monsters now.
>it's still slower than almost every other weapon
That's what happens when you give a weapon that's already mid-tier for power a weaker weapon than almost anybody else in the beta. Even worse, it's not even an elemental weapon and it has below average raw.

Sorry user. I'm willing to let SnS be bad in the maingame if that's how it turns out, but don't fucking point to the Beta as your main support for your arguments please.

It is a misconception held by 50hourlets that 2000+hourdads spent all that time grinding for gear, when you should realistically have everything good available in the game around 300-400 hours in and everything period (if you care to go after it) after another hundred hours or so.

The rest of the time is spent just playing the fucking game because grinding is how the game introduces you to the idea of hunting one thing multiple times instead of treating it as a Souls-style progression of bosses to finish a story. The actual point IS hunting the monsters, the actual fun of playing a challenging action game and feeling yourself getting better at it. I don't get people that think you can "beat" a MH, that's like unlocking all the fighters in a fighting game and then saying you "won" and are done with that game now.

This is also why it's not a big deal to """spoil""" yourself by watching someone stream the game before release date. Especially if you're going to be playing on PC and inevitably getting spoiled in the next 8 months no matter what.

>dignified

*the faint sound of a b52 as it flies in the backhround*

The only thing that bugs me about this is wasting slots on subspecies for Rathian and Rathalos.

who here /autistically defending their World virginity, ignoring all streams and leaks as much as possible/

ok retard

people who truly are doing this wouldnt be in this general retard

Obviously not you or you wouldn't be here.

No. He's a weeb. He doesn't even know how to form a proper question in Japanese.

shit spoilers into my mouth

me

I'M NO FORTUNATE SON

Cute loli skin for the handler when?

>Well that's gonna be hard, hard like a shit
???

Look here buddy boy, the backhop into jump thing is the best it has in terms of MV, but you can't possibly expect to spam it 100% of the time.

It's not a CB situation no matter how badly you want to make into one.

someone link the frenchfag stream pls

>the latest /mhg/ meme
LOOK AT THIS DUDE

good point, but personally I don't care about images and shit like that, as long as I dont see gameplay.

>Lunge just leads into a jump.
Same shit. It used to lead into the BnB combo, so you could use it to link combos and maintain poise without having a seizure and flipping sixteen feet into the air to je suis monte pardon.

Catloli DLC soon

this is nothing new we saw this on the jap tv show anyway

It begins.

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

>Same shit. It used to lead into the BnB combo
So now you can just NOT charge it and go into BnB if you want. Big fuckin' whoop. More options isn't a bad thing.

Amin confirmed for dehydration.

you have to wait for monster hunter ultimate for more """endgame""" content

the sns and cb have the same stats, yet the sns is basically the worst weapon in the beta. Shitty mv, shitty vault that you cant actually aim properly even on a stationary target

Investigation quest, now go back sniffing those trails

I CAN'T TAKE THIS WAITING ANYMORE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
IT'S LESS THAN 48 HOURS AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do I start downloading the avatars and other shit? is there a way to force it?

Surrender monkey about to get btfo by Vaal

dunefrog should drink more water

does his clownsuit have a point now?

>ignoring all streams and leaks as much as possible
>posting in a thread with a full roster image and Tempered monsters spoiler

>the sns and cb have the same stats,
You don't understand how MH damage calculation or display works.
>Shitty mv
As always, because that's how it's built. It hits lots, not hard.
>, shitty vault that you cant actually aim properly even on a stationary target
Literally obtain proficiency.

THE SECRETS OF THE DRAGON WARS IS ABOUT TO BE REVEALED

>Another Kush re-skin
OH NO NO NO NO

Of course it does

>that house
How?