/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Dec 20] Luma3DS 9.0 commits several lingering tweaks, including open source modules into a new stable release. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
>Switch
[Jan 8] fail0verflow have announced shofEL2, a coldboot exploit for Nvidia Tegra. wololo.net/2018/01/08/fail0verflow-announce-coldboot-exploit-nintendo-switch-say-interesting-times-ahead/
[Jan 8] kgsws has released a homebrew launcher UI, which is compatible with Pegaswitch and therefore 3.0.0 only. wololo.net/2018/01/08/nintendo-switch-kgsws-releases-homebrew-launcher-gui/
[Jan 3] qlutoo has posted an image of a Homebrew launcher GUI. More info coming on February 1st. twitter.com/qlutoo/status/948690228763680768
[Jan 2] New product by Team Xecuter will hack "any Switch" and be "absolutely future-proof". There are no details for now, but it's probably a modchip. It's coming out this spring. team-xecuter.com/team-xecuter-coming-to-your-nintendo-switch-console
[Dec 28] plutoo, derrek and naehrwert held a lecture at 34c3. switchbrew.github.io/34c3-slides/
>Vita
[Dec 28] ReNpDrm and ReStore released. wololo.net/2017/12/28/restore-updated-to-beta-42/
>PS4
[Jan 8] Flatz has published a writeup concerning possible ways of installing and running custom packages regardless of firmware. wololo.net/2018/01/08/flatz-writeup-ps4-package-files-open-console-convenient-native-homebrews-piracy/

Other urls found in this thread:

wololo.net/2018/01/18/ps4hen-homebrew-enabler-released-ps4-4-05/
wololo.net/2018/01/16/wii-u-hacker-hexkyz-publishes-boot1-code-execution-exploit/
playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/system---hardware/power---system-stability/safe-mode-on-playstation-3/
dropfile.to/LGpFXws
twitter.com/yuzuemu/status/955564198288875520
youtube.com/watch?v=BxzyPrrkJPs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I still have so much shit to catch up with and being locked out of newer games kind of sucks so meh, I can wait. Also I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Switch hax. If it's going to be similar to CFW on the 3DS I'm definitely picking up a system.

Reminder to let the thread die.

I tried to delete a game through FTP Filezilla in my "GAMES" folder on PS3 but accidentally clicked cancel part way through, so I deleted the game folder again and it started the deleting process but once finished it kept the game folder and the subfolders "PS3_GAME" and "USRDIR". Thankfully everything else seems to be deleted but I cannot delete the leftover folder and the game keeps popping up in Multiman even though it doesn't launch because the content is gone. Anyone know how to fix this? I tried deleting in Multiman and FTP but the folders can't be deleted.

bumping my question that wasn't answered :(

reset your PS3

PS4 5.x WHEN

nigger

Install FBI into h&s
Why are you running it from hbc

Should've added these:
>PS4
[Jan 18] PS4Hen released. You can pirate games on 4.05 now. wololo.net/2018/01/18/ps4hen-homebrew-enabler-released-ps4-4-05/
>Wii U
[Jan 16] Hexkyz published his boot1 exploit. wololo.net/2018/01/16/wii-u-hacker-hexkyz-publishes-boot1-code-execution-exploit/

Is New 2DS XL hackable?

I'm thinking about buying it to toy around with hacks, but I'm not sure if it's possible.

Any ideas? I'm reading the Pastebins at this moment, but some input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Why would we "let it die" when there is shit slated to release in like a week?

I have, still can't delete the folder.

not him but try going into recovery mode and restoring the database.

Would that erase anything else off my hard drive? I have a shit load of games on it and would rather not have to re-download them all again.

Try rebuilding database first, if that doesn't work then restore file system.

playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/system---hardware/power---system-stability/safe-mode-on-playstation-3/

Forgot to add that it will only delete stuff if the file is corrupt though I've never done this on a cfw ps3 so I'm not really sure.

MAGNETS

It does break webman but thats a reinstall away from working again.

FUCKING MAGNETS, HOW DO THEY WORK?

I don't have that, health and safety is only health and safety.

>switch: 3.0.0
why has no one updated the OP? Everything 3.0.2 and below is safe

Release the 5.01 exploit

>5.01
>not 5.03 instead
kys yourself

>not 5.05 so people on the actual latest firmware can enjoy it
Also needs to have online functionality.

>not 6.05 so people from the future can enjoy it
it's like you don't even want hax.

Been putting off hacking my PS3 til I could get a new internal HDD for it, bought to buy one now though. I heard the ps3 has dogshit R/W speeds so would it even benefit from SSD/7200RPM drive or would 5400 be indistinguishable?

Yes.

want ps4 hacks so i can hack in dark souls
thank you for listening

git gud scrub

I just want to be able to play botw rom hacks while listening to music in the hidden nintendo switch browser, MAYBE be able to run SteamOS, is that too much to ask for?

trying to set up RPCS3 with more games. Downloading Persona 5 from Nicoblog, and I noticed that the games posting date is before a lot of the costume/persona dlc came out.

Is there a place I can download all of the dlc files? PSNStuff doesn't have all of the costumes and stuff.

Use godmode9 to install it you fag

>MAYBE be able to run SteamOS, is that too much to ask for?
The Switch is ARM so yes, that is in fact too much to ask for. Wait for a Switch emulator and you'll be able to do all of that on your PC.

ps3iso should have the lot. A great deal of the dlc edats were modified from the jp version so in fact we had every dlc on day one. I know i sure did.

will there ever be an exploit for a 4.73 ps4? I don't even know why I update it

oh, ok brilliant. I'll grab the files from there. thanks!

Forgot i had these on the drive: dropfile.to/LGpFXws
Use the pkg or just shove the folder on there it's the same thing.
The hard mode and jp voices are likely missing from the mix since they have their own pkgs to install.

Probably at some point

legend, i'l hang onto this and use it when p5 finishes downloading. can't wait. thankyou!

is it true that there's a PS4 5.x exploit out there but the devs aren't going to release it for some reason? I just want to play my games what's an estimate on how long will they take?

>SteamOS
Does that even still exist? Why the hell would you want that over regular linux distributions which actually support ARM?

Because then Sony will patch the exploit. You don't want another Vita scenario, do you?

except that 5.01 is arealdy blocked from online functions,it asks you to update to the new firmware for you to use any online thing

Online functions are besides the point retard

how can they brick your system with satellite lazer nukes if your system isn't connected to the internet?
checkmate atheists

What're some good JRPGs besides SMT/Bravely? I lost my saves for SMT and don't really feel like restarting right now.

redownload the .3dsx fbi file and try again

So I want to know two things

First thing is I heard that there's a new PS3 hack out that allows hacking after v3.55 and it's compatible with super slim models but I don't know if it's full of shit. Though knowing this I'd love to know how well is the PS2 emulation of the system. First few models were hardware based, some models after that were software based, and then newer models ditched backwards compatibility at all in favor of putting PS2 games on the store... which is irritating but I'd still like to know how it plays PS2 games in every case.

Second thing is I'd like to know if one can use a Dualshock 4 with an Xbox 360 without any extra hardware shit... and I mean a vanilla, not hacked or soldered Xbox 360. Someone posted a video of it on Youtube about being able to do so but he did some wizard cable shit and I don't even know if he did it just to get retards to buy his adapter thing that doesn't even fucking work.

I know Dualshock 4 can be used on a PS3 after doing updates but it still begs that question... somehow.

Why is everyone clamoring for 5.01 specifically? Am I the only one on 5.02?

5.01 to 5.02 I think are both now asking for updates and are internet blocked,which means it's safe to pirate on them since you don't have any internet connection and sony won't be able to destroy your house with a Schwerer Gustav for pirating Crash Bandicoot

What the fuck are you even going on about?

I liked 7th Dragon VFD, but it's markedly lower quality than the ones you mentioned(mostly unbalanced gameplay, later classes make it a cakewalk)

Or you can just not connect it to your network

there is an exploit for 5.x ready they're just waiting for a "safe time" to release it
unless you don't get what I'm saying so whatever
yes but remember that people still bricked their 3DS's from closing lids

Phantasy Star IV

>they're just waiting for a "safe time" to release it

First, they're not waiting for a safe time to release it because PS4 hackers are attention whores for the most part. Second, being able to go online has nothing to do with it. A lack of entry points does however. If all known entry points are made public Sony will patch them out in future firmwares and there is a chance homebrew will never move past a certain firmware version just like the Vita with 3.60.

twitter.com/yuzuemu/status/955564198288875520

Huh,neat.This is moving fast.

>This is moving fast
Look like it's moving at 1fps to me. And in the wrong thread, too. How strange.

>for Switch on PC
>emulating a decade old console game on a month old console(WHICH IS BEING EMULATED) on a emulator on PC
I don't even
this is inception

This is truly kickass

But why?

CECH-K fat ps3 is downgradable/hackable, correct? just wanna make sure before i get into a bidding war on ebay

can the 3ds be closed while FBI is downloading a remote package?

Check on redthetrainer instead of asking here, they have the compatibility list.

hey good call, thanks user

>ctrl+f 5.01

you're (not) alone

also as a side question, how hard is it to upgrade the fat ps3's hdd?

youtube.com/watch?v=BxzyPrrkJPs

Nobody going to answer this? Please?

Got an R4SDHC (r4ultra) for a buck.

I was able to trace down the correct kernel, but I cant get Okamiden, Golden Sun and Monster Tale to work.

I've been downloading every version of Moonshell and YSMenu and Wood I can find and I can't get it to work.

wat do?

Super slims can't be hacked yet and ps2 emulation is okay

Try it and find out

so the hardest part would be finding the correct screwdriver and hard drive size, good to know, thank you

Any way to convert GBA VC saves from JKSM to a version emulators could run?

use godmode

Oh shit, didn't know it had this feature, thanks man.

Going to order a flashcart to hack my 3DS and I wanted to know how long does the first two option take? I really don't want to put 20 bucks on a delivery.

Where you at? Usually take a month from china to aus with free shipping, 2 weeks if you're lucky

I'm living in FL.

No where local / in the US that sells flashcards? Probably 3-4 weeks If I had to guess

is there a button that I can hold down when powering up a 3DS to automatically launch a game off the cart instead of going through the home screen?

Wait, which flashcards can play 3ds games? can an r4i sdhc play 3ds games?

Why don't you just install a cfw?

I feel like someone's thought of this before, but how feasible do you guys theorize it'd be to try and get an Android dual boot working on the Switch? It could be a good stop-gap while we wait for native OS homebrew, especially in the way of emulation. Of course, this assumes it'd have any chance of working.

Because I updated my 3ds to 11.5 a long time ago.

I'm thinking about selling my 3ds and buying a brand new one.

Wow, you fugged up.
What about the magnethax thing?

It could potentially happen I imagine, but would probably require a fork of android to be built for the firmware for it to be not buggy as shit.

For what I've heard I need a 3ds flashcart for that too.

There is also the soldering option but I'm pretty fucking scared of doing some hardmod on my 3ds.

Gonna buy a 360, and places I should start looking for homebrew, hard or softmods.

2009 would be a good start

there's a couple websites that ship out of U.S., one from michigan, another from cali

Well I dont think I can go back in time, I just wanna play the few exclusive 360 games.

Is there any fucking way of downgrading a 3ds? I just bought one yesterday and was going to hack it today after work but my brother took it this morning and updated it.

Am I fugged?

No, buy a flashcart

What's the cheapest one that would let me play 3ds and ds games then?

There's a buyer's guide on reddit that shows up as the first result in a google search on flashcarts, yet everyone always asks "hurr what flashcart do i get" "why does the card I bought from r4sdhc suck?" "whose a good seller durr"

Stop asking /hbg/ to wipe your ass for you and LOOK IT UP YOURSELF

Ok dude I get it, calm your autism, holy shit.

Anyone have a pack for Wiiu VC games?