/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 24th of January:
1458 – The 14-year-old Matthias Corvinus was unanimously proclaimed King of Hungary after the Estates were persuaded to do so by his uncle Michael Szilágyi.
1848 – James W. Marshall discovered gold at Sutter's Mill in Coloma, California, leading to the California Gold Rush.
1915 – First World War: British Grand Fleet ships surprised a German High Seas Fleet squadron in the North Sea, forcing the latter to retreat.
1968 – Vietnam War: The 1st Australian Task Force launched Operation Coburg against the North Vietnamese army and Viet Cong during wider fighting around Long Binh and Biên Hòa.
1990 – Japan launched the Hiten spacecraft, the first lunar probe launched by a country other than the Soviet Union or the United States.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

>News
DH DD 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058632/
DH 1.05 Patch 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058633/

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.2
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.1 - 13/10/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

terrain.party/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fumi-e
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for /balt/

First for Hitler

playing hpm/hfm on vic ii, besides hawaii what other uncivs i can annex through event/decision by sphering ?

I want to play Apocalypse 1836 but the HPM-based one is incompatible and I don't want to play the vanilla one. What do?

>AI Austria gets PU over Bohemia, Hungary, Poland and Castile within a century

*farts*

Managed to reform faith and go mercahnt republic with the starting Saxon king. I was gonna finally let him die by going for the experimental treatment with a frankly terrible physician after he accomplished everything but he even managed to beat that while getting his cancer cured.

Turks are tanned and based

forgot pic. i want him live forever

need to secure your borders, take friesland to kleve and then to plauen / brandenburg

Done.

So is that based on unit costs? It's pretty excellent either way.

So what the abstraction here? You pay your soldiers wages, as per the mechanics, and they pay the locals for food, thats fine. But the navy? How does having the navy in port increase prosperity? The sailors spending perhaps, and in that sense you can make it be based of sailor cost for each ship or something.

t. autist who likes playing pretend in map painting sims

It is based on a flat +0.1/0.2 per unit which I kept changing until it felt just enough to not be game-changing but also just enough to also be relevant to some extent. It is mostly balanced for late game when you have stacks of 30, giving you +3 rural and +6 urban wealth per year for every stack of 30 stationed in a province - it's just enough to make some difference but not enough to abuse it by marching your army around the country and creating some super-wealthy provinces

>But the navy? How does having the navy in port increase prosperity? The sailors spending perhaps, and in that sense you can make it be based of sailor cost for each ship or something.
I actually haven't done one for navies as it would be slightly harder to do since mothballed ships can abuse that mechanic. Maybe in the future

That's really cool, how frequently is it updated?

So is this how i finally break Austria?

Yearly right now but I'll try to make it either bi-yearly or monthly if it manages to not bloat the game with calculations, but considering that it calculates for all armies in the game, that might end up far too bloaty. I'm not sure whether a yearly check isn't bloated either since I haven't done any performance tests so far

Turkish slut.

How about adding a supply limit bonus? That way you can get your entire army together, and train them without needing a dozen generals. Also removing it during war, so there wouldn't be invincible deathstacks

Well that would be unrealistic since the entire army was never stacked in a single province but rather around the border/capital, plus the supply limit will prevent you from stacking a 100 doomstack in the capital and receiving +10/+20 wealth per year, which would be insane

Its not the overall war that is the problem but more the individual battles.
When evenly matched in numbers they totally rek my shit.

>receiving +10/+20 wealth per year which would ve insane
That's exactly what I wanted

Could you make it so that completing a unit adds wealth to the province/state/an urban center that makes military goods? The equipment has to come from somewhere.

Playing Vic ii why does sometimes CBs like demand concessionária And establish protectorate change their infamy valeu? Playing Hpm/Hfm

Maybe in a future patch, right now I'm focused on this mechanic along with a few others so I can't really afford to waste extra days on even more mechanics since that would delay the patch release far too much

I wonder hue could be behind this post

is that a JOJO REFRENCE!

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

someone post geejunks SA game where he made a white population percentage infograph

dear janny man please delete every post above this one thanks

even this?

especially that one

Update it yourself, it takes five minutes.

they change based on if you have N&I and if the Conference triggering the Scramble has fired
otimo post btw

How would I do that?
With a bit of searching, I found a mod that combines HPM and Apocalypse 1836 but it's old, it was before any changes to the map.

What /gsg/'s favorite stellaris empire type? I prefer pic related

Open HPM and the Apocalypse mod compare on Notepad++ the files that exist on both (modifiers, etc), then change then accordingly (basically copy HPM's then add whatever new modifier/whatever Apocalypse adds).
The Apocalypse mod is also broken, there is an event using the wrong ID, I can't recall which one but It's in the first lines, it's missing a lot of zeros.

I prefer you going back to 4xg

nonwhite

B-but they said paradox goes here!

They who?Regardless, they are wrong, this is not /paradoxplaza general/

ok /gsg/ i'm going to start a cities:skylines game
where should I make my city?
terrain.party/

HOLY FUCK DON'T CLICK THAT AaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAaaaAAaAAAAAaa

Is this historical?

stop memeing me you fucking whore

YEs

Haven't played V2 in a while, are Liquor factories still the way to go in HPM? Playing as Austria.

No, Beverages are superior now.

Shall I make this the capital of Mittelafrika?

Alright so after about 10 or so tests I finally fixed every single issue or potential exploit, changed calculation rate to monthly and ensured that there's no bloat (update for the entire map and all its armies takes about 100ms).

No Maymays please.

Always here to help those in need me laddy mate.

La Plata

Or perhaps I should choose this spot?

Based

This is probably better

Großgermaniums

Yeah, I found it. It's an event for spreading the infection from Denmark to Iceland.
So after adding the appropriate number of zeroes to mimic the other events in the file and making sure that everything else in the mod fits with HPM, this should work?
I'll try it out and hope for the best.

Based

What should I do /gsg/?

>Vicky2
Restore Kebab
West bank France
Make Austria relevant
????

>EU4
Spanish Empire
Netherlands
Russia

Austria or France in vicky 2 would most likely be incredibly boring to play.

EU4 Persian Empire and make it your lifes goal to rid the world of the turks and arabs who destroyed the sassanids many years ago

I would suggest doing unistall.exe . It's an interesting and uncommon choice in both EU4 and V2.

Netherlands.

Is this normal?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fumi-e
based

Greater Slovenia in Victoria 2, obviously

Do Russia, but stay within the Urals

Play a more centralized, Europe-focused Russia

yes its normal

Never mess with KANGZ

For a probable former mongol vassal yes

>Bulgarian Constantinopole
MUH Dick

Well, something's still off, I got the same results as back when I tried to play it without changing anything. The event fires off but no province is actually affected and the something's messed up in the option.
>pic related

Can you change culture of a specific pop with events? Im trying to get rid of unaccepted bureaucrats but I cant find a way to force them to demote naturally

Since when do soldiers build urban wealth? They just get drunk, fuck whores and cause mischief. Even the officers just drank more expensive booze and fucked more expensive whores. Sure, they're spending money but at the end of the day it was often a net negative for the cities

>Since when do soldiers build urban wealth?
See:
>They just get drunk, fuck whores and cause mischief. Even the officers just drank more expensive booze and fucked more expensive whores

Where were you when I discovered that ck2 actually is the most fun gsg?

It's always going to be Vicky 2 for me, unless you're able to find me a version of Elder Kings compatible with v2.7.

It's the best game to fap to if you can visualize events in your mind

Honestly I don't know whats so good about vicky aside from the population mechanics.

Mate they were breaking things, stealing, raping, there was corruption and abuse of power by the top officers etc. Maybe not in western Europe as much but the slav and sand nigger soldiers were usually causing more harm than good

You mean especially in western european countries especially high middle ages had unruly and undisciplined soldiers.

I prefer HoI4.

Even without all the fap material it has shitton of different mechanics and ways to play.

baffling falseflag

literally just go and make babbys first großgermaniums
If you can't enjoy it go back to cow booty postmodern warfare 37

Increased Wealth for both to equal to around ~15% of the monthly unit maintenance per unit and added a maintenance check to prevent underpaid soldiers from spending as much as fully maintained ones

Apart from what you described, they also provided a huge demand in the city for things like clothes, food, entertainment in general, their army's material needs and so on. In addition to that they attracted merchants from the area to act as suppliers to the army by providing the supplies they need and which weren't present in the city (or were already getting bought-out from the demand spike). To say that no urban wealth was generated by a present army in the city is simply stupid

I actually restored the ottoman empire in vicky 2 I'm not that much a pleb.
Its just that in general the game has less mechanics and events than either EU4 and CK2.

Alright I have been putting this off for the entire time you've been doing this, over a month now, atleast. I am really fucking annoyed by this meme. Victoria 2 is a great game, by far the greatest grand strategy of all time, in no other game can you manage an economy, your pops, your diplomacy, your taxes, your army and your sphere of influence at the same time. Victoria 2 takes every element of every game and makes it great. Your pathetic fucking mana/dynasty/OoB/insert single issue game simply can't compete. I've tried playing them, believe me. They are pathetic. You play them and you only have to manage one, maybe, two things. Hah, what is this mess? It's a botched job. A complete write off. And sure, if you like that sort of purile simplistic shit then more power too you, it's not my job to kick down your sandcastle. But why must I spend my time arguing this with you? Just because Victoria 2 is too complex for you doesn't mean it is for everyone. And when challenged you crawl back into your same abhorrent memery, because that's all this is, you don't have the slightest clue what you're saying or who you're messing with, because if you did you'd stop. Go back to playing your blob simulator, little man, because this general belongs to us. The true strategy gamers. Not your lame, disgusting casual shit. And you know the worst part? We can't even meme back. Hell, I'm sure there's some really overpowered trade good in EU4, but we can't say "hurr durr naval supplies" or whatever because the simple fact is nobody has played your favoured game since EU3, back before they dumbed it down for people like you. So well done, my friend, you made an intellectual victoria 2 fan MAD. You've achieved your greatest feat since you formed grossulmiums, mark this on your wall as a victory for your abysmal existence because I can tell you now, kiddo, this is your peak.

It's a major part of it but there's so much more. The industry, colonialism, the map spreading all over the world,... I find it a much better game for when you just want a comfy tall country with minimal territorial expansion. I guess I should find a mod with more interesting events to spruce up gameplay (I've been using CK2+ since the start so maybe that's why - I see people using that massive modular mod but it seems overly complicated and adding some questionable stuff).

Wew user is this a copypasta or something I'm not a regular of this thread. The first time I came here was yesterday.

is that a white or whole wheat pasta

It does the setting really well I'm not complaining about that its just that I find that EU4 and especially CK2 has more diverse gameply.

I'd be down with a HOI4/EU4/CK2 General. Something like, Fun Paradox Games General, /fpg/.

delicious
i sure love italian food!

It is, but it still mostly applies to your post. EU4 has shallow and useless mechanics, take the new drilling shit for example, you have to wait decades to only get shitty 10% damage reduction that wears off after one battle, OR the development meme that allows you to build a fucking megalopolis in the middle of the desert. It has more mechanics than V2 but they are all shit, not even mods bring its development to HPM levels. That being said, vanilla V2 is shit likewise. CK2 is generally alright except for the part that crusades are the least developed part of the game.

CK2 is generally accepted here, but neverheless I would support division of the thread.

you have to go back to r*ddit

>Division of a thread that struggles to make more than 400 posts a day
No.