/2hug/ - Touhou General #96.9

Previous thread:Stay Chill edition

>So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Where should I start?
The games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there. Some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway.

1: Arkanoid's drunk abusive cousin.
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5, 15.5: Fighting games.

The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist. Once you're done with the main series you can move on to the fangames, of which some are of excellent quality.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>Touhou Project Official Material Reading/Playing Guide
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>Game running at 30000FPS? Game screen size not to your liking? Experiencing some input lag? Download Vpatch and apply it.
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#Vsync_Patches

>eraTohoK (plus other era games)
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16 and 15.5 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

store.steampowered.com/app/716710/_Antinomy_of_Common_Flowers/

>1cc charts! (Updated for AoCF)
imgur.com/a/Mkl4Q

>PoFV and Soku Netplay Guide! (Needs your help!)
imgur.com/a/ZCGuE

>Fangames pastebin (Contains a fixed version for game breaking bug in FMW2)
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm
Touhou is a game for the whole family.

Other urls found in this thread:

tinyurl.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Blessing the new thread.

Welcome to /2hug/

Now get out.

Do people usually take this long to come in?

At 6:30 in the morning? Yeah.

tinyurl.com
/y7v2u3o6
Put this in the OP next time please. Anyone want to submit their score?

I wish I understand Japanese. There's so many good Junko, Hecatia and Clownpiece mmd in the internet, but most of them doesn't even have english subtitles.

I wish i could understand japanese though. There a untranslated Ace Attorney games out there that i can't play.

If I knew nip, I would translate as many new doujins as I can

I love Koishi!

Stop shitposting. Real koishifags are eerily quiet.

Move over Sagume, there's a new best girl on the block.

Wither away.

>Can't express the love for the 2hu I like the most without being accused of shitposting
Don't you think that's kind of sad?
I just want to be able to say that I like her just like everyone else is able to say they like the 2hu that they like.

If you must be a waifutard, just be a Momiji waifutard of the bunch.

Why is the age of consent so high?

Bullshit, that's not how I live my life.

16 is not high.

If you ask anyone else why they like their 2hu they would give answers. Liking her design, her personality or her concept is better than just saying "I don't know lol"

Everytime I get asked I say that I like her design, her backstory, her fight, her fightan sprites and her spells.
And everytime I get shot down with other people's opinions presented as facts as a counterargument ("hurr her design is bad, her fight is shit and you have shit taste durr"), which is fucking stupid since I'm just voicing an opinion too.

In the end I just gave up and stopped posting about it.

Some of you girls are all right. Don't go to the Hakurei shrine tomorrow.

You are not the boss of me

Just tell them to fuck off.

We falseflagging popular 2hus now

Faeries aren't even in the Karma Cycle. They're fair game

Just because their sins can't be punished doesn't mean yours can't.

What about Youkai though?

>Some of you girls are all right.

Name one girl that hangs out with Reimu that's all right.

Free game.

Sanae

Remi

Mima

Filthy machine. Not even a real person.

Blasphemously claims to be a god.

Unholy demon that drinks human blood.

She's been retconned out of existence years ago.

Youkai are for hugs, not for molesting.

>She's been retconned out of existence years ago.
She was alright, also there is no retcon, ZUN is just unwilling to dwell in the PC98 era

Nice. Now i just need to find one that i can actually molest.

Youkai are for exterminating.

Sakuya probably molests her all the time while she is asleep or during frozen time

Why does every general is infested with roleplayers and autists?

>Autists.
I mean. You do realize the site you're on, right? Also that you're on a Touhou thread.

>Roleplayers

Where?

>Unholy demon that drinks human blood.

Autists? On Veeky Forums?
You must be jesting lad, we're all healthy, normal and productive members of society here

Repent!

Sakuya is a nice girl and wouldn't do something like that.

Good morning 2hug, I had a strange dream where I was playing through that Koishi horror fangame here, I just remember me typing almost incoherent sentences and the game being pretty over quickly,

I have human blood in me. So i can't very well have something exist that could be drinking MY blood.

Are you saying that the thought of Remi drinking your blood doesn't make you hard?

Well then you, sir, have never heard of symbiosis.

>So i can't very well have something exist that could be drinking MY blood.
I suggest you start with mosquitoes though.

No. I like being alive. And so should you, weirdo.

Oh, believe me. After the vampires and Youkai are gone, mosquitoes are next.

I have. I just don't see any benefits for me in this particular symbiosis.

>No. I like being alive. And so should you, weirdo.

But Remi's victims stay alive because she can't drink very much. It says so in her EoSD profile.

>vampire that always takes a non-lethal amount of blood
>in exchange for said blood, an extremely powerful vampire with strong, powerful, and smart servants owes you one

If you don't understand the benefits of that one, then there's no hope for you.

You get to serve Mistress Remilia, and Mistress Remilia gets served by you. It's clearly a win-win situation.

The only 2hu related dream I've ever had was one where I showed my friends the OST and their dream counterparts told me I had shit taste.

Are you Koishianon?

No, I don't have a clear favourite. I just like the videogames

Would anyone happen to have images of generic youkai? Even if its just stock art from a fangame, that'd work.

That's only assuming she doesn't get her creepy maid to cut you into pieces. And even if she does only drink a little bit, it still probably hurts.

>Making a deal with a unholy demon.
You see, people like you are why we need to bring back burning as a capital punishment.

>Serving a undead abomination.
You filthy traitor to humanity!

Is there is a thing such as generic youkai now?

yes? There's always been just rando youkai wandering around.

Its not like the characters you meet in the series are the purview of every single youkai in gensokyo.

>You filthy traitor to humanity!
>muh humanity
Why would want to be a human? Humans are weak, ugly, short-lived and need to whine to gods to do shit, being a Youkai is upgrade, I reject humanity and trash like you.

Good post.

>Is there is a thing such as generic youkai now?

Yeah a little girl with some shit on her head.

Yes, miss empowered by a god?

I remember Sengoku Gensokyo having some generic Youkai as enemies. But i can't find the art anywhere. I have the game on my computer though, so i can take a screenshot if you want.

Once the purge begins, you're going to be one of the first on the pyre.

Well, um, assuming Reimu doesn't kill you before that.

It would be greatly appreciated.

Counterpoint, Marisa.

Alright, i'll do it. Unfortunately, the version i have on my computer is borked for some reason. And i'll have to reinstall it.

That’s cute

i hate it when that happens. You go to play some older game that should by all rights work, and it just doesn't for no discernible reason.

And i do appreciate the effort.

More Tenshi fangames when?

we are the same fanbase :)

I've forgot to tell you that I'm up to try PoFV on easter, when I'll have proper internet to work with.

Sorry I haven't been posting much, but the tests on Uni are killing me.

>/drg/, 7 hours, 350+ posts
>/2hug/, 4 hours, 70+ posts
They’re clearly way ahead of us. We need to shitpost better and faster damnit.

now do it with Undertale

I wish more people would make visual novel Touhou fangames. I know they exist, but as far as i'm aware they're nearly always romances. I want a more dramatic sudo-horrorish visual novel. Gensokyo is just a great setting for that, especially if it's from the perspective of a outsider.

Lunarians are technically human and they're none of that

Actually, you're wrong, /jp/ is the Touhou General, split between several characters, gameplay and etc, imagine if all of /jp/ who liked 2hu was condensed here.

>On Easter
>April 1st

That far away? Alright then, never put 2hu ahead of your real life responsibilities, good luck on your uni tests bro. Hope to see you again soon.

>Lunarians are technically human
They're gods.

How about no, I like us the way we are.

I want to make a 2hu fangame, but every time I start I get demotivated by how difficult it is.

Yeah unless you wanna make a very simple and basic RPG or IG maker game it's not going to be easy.

Make a 2hu fangame where all of the bullets are curvy lasers. Include Shou and Seiga.

My problem with RPG Maker and such is that I can't stand pixelart for some reason.

Sagumeme is, but the rest are just humans who are pure, leading to a very long life-span and advanced tech. If you throw a Lunarian onto earth they'll age and die just like any other human

>Touhou is a game for the whole family.
Honest question for anybody here. If you had a family, would you introduce them to Touhou?

By talking to them about it,asking nicely if they would like to try and encouraging them, it worked for me.

Eirin is Omoikane, isn't she?

yep

So that's two gods already, what says others are not?

Name ONE 2hu you wouldn't impregnate.