/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art and music, discuss and fight over new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and anything Sonic related!

/sthg/ #1171 - IDW leaks Edition.

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

previewsworld.com/Article/206438
previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB180343
previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB180344
previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB180347
boards.fireden.net/_/search/username/Tervy/page/1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The 4th friend is Blaze
CREAMFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH
STICKSFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH
SALLYFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

IDW LOVES BLAZE AND YOU ALL KNOW IT

FREEDOM FIGHTER FAGS BTFO

I'm curious if SEGA had any input on the start of this story or if the comics are giving free reign on where to take things this time.

Nice boring op image, sonicbab.

TOUCH

FLUFFY

TAIL

GENERAL

5 cute facts about Tangle:

1) She's a girl!
2) She's a Lemur!
3) I love her!!!!!
4) Tangle!!!!!!!!!!!

This should have been the OP image.

I must touch fluffy tail...

>Blaze will be used as worthless fodder to promote the new girl

I was baking a thread with that op and new link information to..

how could you fuck up this bad OP
jfc

you forgot

5) FLUFFY TAIL

I thought she was a monkey at first

Sallyfags on suicide watch

Nah, black people don't exist in Sonic after the Archie reboot.

Seriously every black character ever introduced in any Sonic continuity was wiped out by the SGW

Is it possible for a bong to sub to the comics?

Why do you feel the need to post such obvious lies?

IDW doesn't offer subscriptions user.

so wait
shadman isnt gonna show up in these comics?

Taingle best ship

previewsworld.com/Article/206438

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #3
>(W) Ian Flynn (A) Jen Hernandez
>25 Copy Incentive Cover: Jamal Peppers
>Sonic and Knuckles team up, and it's just like old times-until two new villains show up. With a group of villagers under attack, will even the combined forces of these two heroes be enough to take down Rough and Tumble???
previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB180343
previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB180344

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #4
>(W) Ian Flynn (A) Jen Hernandez
>25 Copy Incentive Cover: Tyson Hesse
>Sonic comes across a town under attack from the biggest Badnik force he's ever seen. Luckily, help is on the way from his old friend Blaze, as well as a new hero! Get ready for the debut of Tangle!
previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB180347

O-oh
least there's always storytimes

is this the first fanart of her

I believe so....

Press F to pay respects

S to spit on grave.

I've pretty much lost all faith now in them showing up.

So we know she's a Lemur and she's a cute.

But...does she like to move it?

helicopter doggo

>Nicole and Bunnie are actually fucking dead
F

I'm curious about one thing. Will this new comic take place in the games' continuity, or will it be it's own separate thing?

I'd like to move it

wahr

The fans want to make her blander than she was in the cartoon? Yeah, no, I'd rather Sally stay dead than see her used in such a pathetic fashion.

Rey the Chipmunk! ...no thanks.

Are you fucking serious right now, Sonic the hedgehog has a general?
You need to be 18 or older to post on Veeky Forums.
I'm embarrassed to be on the same planet as you furry losers.

Enjoy your stay

There's always been a general for it. Where the hell have you been?

Anime-fags aren't much different from furry-fags, if at all.

>You need to be 18 or older to post on Veeky Forums.
The funniest part is that some people actually believe this.

I haven't played a Sonic game in 15 years, I won't be staying anywhere after I run out of (you)s.

>Tripfag
>Literally allowing people to read your post history in the archive
No user, you're the real embarrassing one here.
boards.fireden.net/_/search/username/Tervy/page/1/

What's your favourite one?

Well, you didn't miss anything. Sonic Mania came out a few months ago and it's the first worthwhile game in 15, and also the best game in the series so far.

S

>Jen Hen is back
How did that cunt get a returning job
If she came back and Skelly didn't, I'm going to be mad

Oh shit the cover leaked early (new character on it)

He's literally so new that he doesn't know what a tripcode is.
I remember the one on the gamecube was alright. Forget what it was called.

There's slow.

And then there's you, user.

>How did that cunt get a returning job
What'd she do?

Game canon post-Forces

Adventure 1 (1998), Adventure 2 (2001) or Heroes (2003). The only good 3D Sonic games.

IIRC, didn't she act childish as hell over the reveal of Hesse's IDW teaser poster?

Tezuka, the most influential artist in anime and manga, was a furry. His artstyle was heavily influenced by Disney animals. He wrote Christmas cards to Carl Barks. When you're jacking off to anime, you're basically jacking off to Donald Duck.

Behold, a class-A normie

Jesus Christ, Deviantart posters have more exciting characters than this. She might as well be a bland bed sheet.

Exactly. Anime-fags are just angry that their characters are boring as hell and all look the same, minus a few home-brand names.

Well, what do you remember about it? Was Shadow there? Did you play with 3 characters at a time?

>Game canon post-Forces
Oh, so it's canon to the games? I take it SEGA are going to be much more involved than previously when Archie had the publishing rights to the Sonic comic? Wonder what Penders reaction is to all of this?

Actually, it's it own continuity, not game-canon.

Do people here actually even try to read the thread anymore?

Also liking the lighting in this art page.

E D G Y and W E A K doggo

Source? And does this mean the Forces plot isn't necessarily identical to the game and we could get an adaptation eventually?

Is she gonna be the new sally?

New royalty race that Sonic and friends have to suck up to every other issue to get by in the world, following their rules and laws?

I don't know if I'm ready amigos.

I just remember there was a certain place you could go and raise pet type creature things.
Then when you were done you ran around while bad music played.

The comic is set right after Forces.

she constantly threw tantrums and insulted other artists on the comic for getting jobs after the comic got tanked while she didn't.

>Oh, so it's canon to the games?
The comics will follow game canon but the games won't acknowledge the comics. Like with any adaptation ever. They won't adapt Forces since it's already over when the comic starts and it probably happened identical to the game.

I have yet to see a single post in this thread actually upset about Sally.

>Is she gonna be the new sally?
>New royalty race that Sonic and friends have to suck up to every other issue to get by in the world, following their rules and laws?
I'd imagine she will be inexperienced, a character as we see grow over the course of the story. But I don't think she'll be some sort of mary sue, nor of royalty. But then again, who knows.>New royalty race that Sonic and friends have to suck up to every other issue to get by in the world, following their rules and laws?
It'd sound problematic to have the characters do what you described. Prefer the characters travel around different zones and solve problem and be on the move as opposed to linger at a place for too long.

Bunnie is fucking HOT

The burgers aren't awake yet. That's when the salt will start pouring.

So either Adventure 1 or 2. The Chao Garden was great.

>bad music
kek

Take a look at the Chao Garden in both games and you'll probably recognize which one it was if you care enough.

On a scale from one to ten how touched this this fluffy tail going to be?

By Tails? 10.
By anyone else? NO.

Necrophilia is a crime, user

On her private twitter no less. Anyone have the toilet roll tweet?

>I have yet to see a single post in this thread actually upset about Sally.
Nobody actually ever really thought the freedom fighters were going to come back. Maybe a few deviant art autists but oitherwise nobody. Sally has been gone since she was roboticized. Yeah the SGW fixed her but she was completely boring and useless in the reboot anyway.
This was always going to be a new comic. My guess is the reason you're seeing so much fanfare right now about a sallyless comic is that the people that desperately want the comics to not be a thing at all which have been a huge thing here for the last 150ish threads can't hope that comics won't define the thread from here on out so they have tyo take every victory they can get.

TL;DR it's all memes and shitposting. Nobody really cares.

I'm as as burgerland as it gets and I don't care about Tangle not being Sally, nor do I care about her not being in the first four issues. If she and the other Freedom Fighters never show up again it's whatever. I'd like for them to make a cameo, but they've had nearly two full decades in the spotlight of the comics. The fans who don't like them deserve a break, and honestly I only liked a few of their designs myself.

This.
There's a comic again. That's all that matters.
I'm glad it's separate from the old stuff

this line hit me as a kid, seeing shadow straight up kill eggman was crazy

So the new comics are going to be based on the mess Forces is, and thus along with
>the current "canon", starting from Sonic 1 through Sonic Forces
>including Sonic 2006
>and Unleashed
>and Generations
>and Mania as a separate dimension, that is also the past (???)
Unless they ignore everything from the game, everything is going to be a mess.

Entwined tails holding

Current game canon starts at unleashed

>forces is now the main canon

silvazefags on suicide watch

>Current game canon starts at Forces
>Generations exists
>Shadow the Hedgehog exists
ok

Current canon is Unleashed, Colors, Gens, Lost World, and Forces

I think it's just easier for each game to be self contained at this point with the odd reference to previous events here and there.

so does this mean shadow doesnt have a background anymore and maria never existed?

god damn they REALLY want to make him into knuckles

The game canon currently going through the 3D games started at Unleashed.
There are versions of the events of some previous games that did occur in the timeline, but not the same way they did in the games themselves.

>sonic
>canon

>Current game canon starts at unleashed
I wonder how they'll handle with the humans, you know, the whole "2 worlds" thing Ilzuka claimed and gave no further info about. I don't understand why he would state something like that, didn't Yuji Naka always wanted Sonic and the characters belong to the human world?

Previous game stuff still happened but we don't know the specific details. The broad points still seemed to have happened. The whole shadow/Maria thing probably still happened, but the actual adventure games as you play them are a separate canon.

Official Sega stance is that there are two worlds, the human world and Sonic's world and characters can travel between them with portals.

HOWEVER it is not allowed to show or even reference said portals in the games themselves.

>canon
This is how I know this general is shit

No, it doesn't. Generations references all of the previous games and Forces has shit like Chaos and Metal Sonic. I would prefer if it did, honestly, just not to fuck up the past, but they didn't. It would make more sense if it started at Unleashed and had nothing to do with pre-2006, at least it would be less stupid and we wouldn't have shit like the original tornado coming back without explanation tails being scared of cahos 0 whatb they fuck ,.

That is the most retarded thing I've ever read. No wonder next to nobody takes Sega's stances seriously and instead resorts to headcanon.

Classic Sonic is from another dimension. He's not Past current sonic.

so its cool to just hold adventure 1 - shadow the hedgehog as its own canon?

cause thats alright with me, that timeline pretty much makes shadow the main character