/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One midnight Jan 26, 2018, with a fall 2018 PC release.
↳Official manual was released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A Limited Edition Rathalos PS4Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Elder Dragons + Deviljho: youtube.com/watch?v=lmwxyM3sPwc
↳Full 2018 Winter Event Livestream: youtube.com/watch?v=FuxxrCmLi58
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Moveset Changes: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vWy3cUUrYOY
youtube.com/watch?v=lDWCf5wqGoQ
discord.me/mhg
youtube.com/watch?v=vRPlBlHHV8Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

PC version is the best fuck console peasants

>Discord is great. Damn near everyone uses it now so fumbling and jumping around between teamspeak, mumble, steam, and skype is long gone. The mobile app is half way decent too so it's easy to stay in contact with everyone and make plans even if a few people are away from the computer.

WHAT WEAPON YOU GONNA USE /MHG/?

>PC version is the best
9 months from now once everybody has moved on

GS

SWAGAXE

>PC version is the best fuck console
Really needed a comma there.

The program itself is half-decent if you use it to keep up with friends or something. /mhg/'s discord and basically every other public one are worthless garbage and blacklist on sight.

Hammer, lance, GS, LS, GL and maybe some LBG or HBG every now and then.

You can block communications from another player by blocking their Sony Entertainment Network account (SEN account). Blocking a player will do the following:

- Prevent the player from joining the same Online Session as you (provided the Online Session is one created after the player was blocked).
- Prevent the player from joining the same quest or expedition as you.
- Prevent the player from sending you chat or voice chat (and vice versa).
- Prevent you from seeing gestures performed by the blocked player (and vice versa).
- Prevent the player's Palico from showing up in your game (and vice versa).
- Prevent you from receiving or viewing the player's guild card (and vice versa).
- Prevent the player from joining the same squad as you. You will also be unable to check each other's squad messages.
remember to block all discordfags so nobody can get in the guilds

It's fine as long as it's not filled with attention whores, furries, animefags, etc. And that's pretty much EVERY public discords. Only discords I use personally are ones with my friends and people I play with. Public discords are cancer.

How is XX on Citra?

Yeah, and I still stand by it. Why?

Huntresses

post more concept art user, please

what's the /mhg/ discord?

I'm having trouble deciding between switch axe and dual swords. I love SA's new animations but I've never done DS before so that could be a lot of fun.

GS, Lance, LS, Gunlance. Also gonna use hammer for the first time

Oooh. Looks Magala-esque.

Have to download a chink build for it to be playable, then turn off 3d mode. EZ 30fps.

Ah ye olde faithful, bringing punishment to shitters and retards.

Lance, GS, HBG, Swaxe

I'll sprinkle in some HH, Hammer, and bow for good measure.

Just dumping the art that's tangibly related to MHW

Literally who cares. Only autists actually go through with the kurolist meme.

Lance
Going to make Dom Quixote and name my Palico Sancho Pança
Some adventures will happen friday

Bow

Thats wife-beater on the right, right?

Okay.

Probably gonna start off with hammer to breeze through the kut ku and drone clones and get a feel for it. Then I'll try other stuff as i'm collecting weapons and armor sets.

The concept monster's gimmick was originally planned for MH4, but eventually made into MHW via Zorah Magdaros.

THE WAIT IS FUCKING KILLING ME. ALL I SEE ON MY YOUTUBE FEED ARE PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE FULL GAME! I WANT IT TO BE MIDNIGHT TOMORROW ALREADY!

Yeah seems like they referenced old concept art for World which is pretty sweet. Are these from the PS2 days?

The Chadaxe and the bow.

Public Discords are usually awful, but the program is still fucking awesome for exactly everything he said. Having everyone in one place is awesome.

:3

>FUCK XX and anime bullshit, I'm glad we're back to the realistic monster designs, hunts are more cinematic than ever now
>Xeno Jiiva is the best monster ever! if you don't like it you probably are an ignorant fool who hasn't even watched sword art online

3DS days

So did the White Fatalis not go to World's location because he could tell it was all a ruse? if so xeno was a hero all along that spared us from fighting the white one

Hope you make rubble out of those windmills, Don.

Discord is pure cancer and main source of shitposting. Most discord users are underage. It was proven thousand o times in, god forgive me, /v/. A lot of discord shitters doing "group shitpsoting" in threads. IRC did the same things (see IRC squad in /a/) but overall quality of discord shitposting is much lower. Avoid it at all cost.

Who are you quoting?

GS, HBG, IG, and LBG

But now we have no good thunder weapons except Kirin

What do i use slickaxes on in mh3u?

Arena Music
youtube.com/watch?v=vWy3cUUrYOY

ur mom lmao

Why would someone with such impeccable taste get mad sharing it?

Streamstones in World drop from Xeno and tempered monsters, and can be used in melding to create more powerful, but 100% RNG decorations.

So, you thought the charm RNG before was bad?

Now take that and multiply it by however many slots your set has, for every single set.

>Arena
No shit. I didn't even know Arena was in world. Shows how much that streamer rushed when literally not a single person has mentioned it.

Not Bad

switch axe bros ww@

Itchy boi

imagine being this insane

What is the used armor used in the Switchaxe video thumbnails?

dual blades
all the way
playing dual blades since MHFU and will keep it that way in world

>ywn adopt a Negigante pup, raise it as your own, and get Veeky Forums with it

That motion blur on the wall bounce is fucking killing me for some reason.

It's ok but gen's arena theme is fucking amazing. It's one of my favorite songs in the series now.
youtube.com/watch?v=lDWCf5wqGoQ

discord.me/mhg

How do the elder dragons in World compare to the ones introduced in the fourth gen?
for comparison
>Shaggy
>Dalamadur
>Dah'ren
>Gogmazios
>Nakarkos
>Ballfucker
against
>Nergigante
>Zorah Magdaros
>Vaal Hazaak
>Xeno'jiiva

Xeno's theme is sex in music form

pls be a joke
pls be a joke
pls be a joke
pls be a joke
pls be a joke
pls be a joke
pls be a joke

Just personal experience. I join discord groups to observe them from shadows.

I think Fatalis will show up in the G version to fend off adult Xeno

Monsters deserve to be raped.

LS/IG/BOW/BOWGUNS because i know them already from previous games and gonna learn DB this time around

Sorry, it's 100% true.

I love both for different reasons.
Each has it's own distinct style it's hard for me to pick a favorite

>generic orchestra shit with no unique composition at all
Tri's composer was a mistake

You absolute Taffer!

>Fatalis gets introduced specifically by beating the shit out of Xeno'jiiva, then eating it

Man, I wish it was easier to differentiate the program itself and public servers. Calling servers 'Discord' was a silly mistake.

Right here my man.

The granddaddy of all

He's right in regards to Veeky Forums associated discords though, discord is great for people you actually know and IRL friends but on Veeky Forums there is no point using it because it makes the general redundant, plus it encourages name/tripfagging

youtube.com/watch?v=vRPlBlHHV8Q

You're either a falseflagging discordmonkey or someone who has never stepped foot in a Veeky Forums discord
either way, you are irrelevant

paranoid sperg detected

>joining a Veeky Forums discord
>joining public discords in general
Found your problem

its kinda meh

Now that I saw Xeno fight, it doesn't feel like is a Fatalis clone. It's more like just the regular Elder dragon skeleton.

POST XENO WEBMS FUCK

>thread gets worse with endless shitposters and kids near release
>so does the discord
It's amazing how despite how much babies cry in each place about the other they're still deeply connected.

Screenshot?

>imagine being this new

imagine not spending $500 bucks to get this combo when you plan to sink literally THOUSANDS of hours into it.

What are "tempered monsters"?

Dude on the left looks like an inverted eraser head.

G version which adds an Elder that's the Mechagodzilla to Zorah's actual Godzilla when?

>people expected to hear Driver by the stars during the final boss theme

GON TEAR THAT SHIT UP MY G

Does cringecord also have OH NO NO NO NO posting?

game is over after like 30 hours

OH NO NO NO NO, LOOKIT THIS DOOD AH HA HA HA HA LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD