soundcloud.com/ethanb/frozen-rain-drops
soundcloud.com/ethanb/c-sharp-minor-stuff-2
soundcloud.com/ethanb/improv-on-june-5th-2013
soundcloud.com/ethanb/sailing-in-the-autumn-sea
soundcloud.com/user-283653942/bushy-eyebrows
soundcloud.com/ethanb/tracks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i learned my art from loomis

So, any timeline for when Godot will add C++ support?

you mean domino's pizza edition?

It already has C++ support.

YOU'RE IN LUCK
github.com/GodotNativeTools/godot-cpp

is this warioware

I don't know why you would want to this but I'm pretty sure you've always been able to do this.
docs.godotengine.org/en/latest/development/cpp/custom_modules_in_cpp.html

nice Social Interaction Trainer-like

In previous versions you had to recompile the whole engine with the C++ module. But in 3.0 with GDNative, the modules can be loaded without recompiling the engine.

That's pretty cool, never looked into this because I'm not a masochist. I don't plany on using anything besides GDscript or python. If I needed performance I'd rather use C#.

How to create a GOOD story?

MediaWiki

Copy star wars in a different setting

stories have no place in games.

Read. That's basically it.

You cannot be creative if you don't enjoy creative works.

He said good, not hero cycle shit.
This, my game might have some lore/backstory but that's about it.

Hero's journey.

C# is a meme, use C++ if you want speed.

I know it looks cheap but it's been working for the past 100 years

He said good, not the most generic formulaic shit possible.

How rude, user. Give us a better formulaic then.

read about what happens in real life and meet people irl to learn about real motivations so you can make your characters seem like real people

>How do I do this
>Follow this tested and true formula
>NO GIVE ME ADVICE LIKE I WAS A PROFESSIONAL WRITER 20 YEARS INTO THE BUSINESS

You don't do good thing by following bad thing.

>Hero's journey is bad
You are bad.

rather than the animations all running off in a debug manner, have it all hooked up into a statemachine /w gamepad.
Few different combo combinations, more to come.
Tweaked other animations that I had bad feedback on.

After a thousand years I'm finally free! Time to post progress!

Working on the stage 5 background. Something about the palate is rubbing me the wrong way but I can't place it.

just make fanfiction. the lore is already laid out for you

they were already making fun of it in the classical era, i think "Clouds" literally has a deus ex machina that, in the play, has the literal crane used to descend the god highlighted and lampshaded

Progress: Back on the game baby

remove the bits of green from the environment. clashes with the red.

green is red's complementary color

need more titty jiggle

Challenge: reverse hero journey structure

Name one (1) other type of story that would work in a video game.

it may be, but in your webm, its the one thing that pops out at me as odd looking.

Name 1 game that did this.

how do I not be seduced by a new idea?

oh, i'm not the dev. sorry

That's why it's a challenge

Finally a good game

You will never finish your game. The only reason to learn a graphics library is if you're really interested in computer graphics.

Fucking anything, the stories that stick out are the ones that actually try something different.

Franklin in GTA V

>a game where your character becomes a worse person morally and skill-wise over time

Joke's on you, I already know how to use graphics libraries and am also starting a thesis on the subject.

Why is the forward sliding slash does not have hitbox parented to character? A bit weird it stays in place

I think the issue is the sky, not the ground pallete

anyone got a guide to procedural generation, especially ones like BoI and EtG where it generates rooms that connect.

You making your games cozy yet AGDG?
lostgarden.com/2018/01/cozy-games.html

Quick pallate swap. I think it's more with the fade into the distance, the sky being so bright with the way back being so white is the issue.

There's also a lore reason for the green and other pieces of junk being what they are, so I want to keep that hint in for the player.

Basically yeah, the reply refreshed as I was typing the above out.

ulililililililililila tier parallax. noice

Random walk

I still think it clashes too much with dark BG.

That being said, my mine issue is how visible it is that objects are flat. Especially on FG layers. Either draw some kind of outlines with simple shading that will make them look like they have volume (see Hollow Knight) or add blur or something

>an annual game designer think tank
I D E A G U Y S
D
E
A
G
U
Y
S

Idea guy here from Veeky Forums with a hot new idea that will make you (yes YOU) a millionaire if you just make game.

Make a game on the ethereum network where you collect cars and can swap parts, paintjobs, and body kits on them by adding them to that cars inventory. Have a vs mode that is just a stats comparison and show which of two cars would win in certain event types. You could try to build an actual racing game if you like, but it really doesn't matter. I want to play this game. People will give you a shitload of money for it just to have a fast car in their wallet. I'm too dumb to make game, please make game.

I think actual game design is a superior form of idea guying, in that you actually have some clue about what you are talking about, the market, etc, instead of pitching some dumb shit.

When did you realize that having a full-time job and making a game at the same time is impossible?

Sounds like a mix of Gearhead Garage and an obscure drag racing game on the PS1, they were pretty fun.

Fact: A game's quality can be directly correlated to how good the parallax is.
there's other scenes in the game with up to 26 layers of independent scrolling, this is small time.

Doing post processing blur would break the ascetic to much I think. Everything else in the game is pixel perfect (besides two big segmented animated bosses like like 2 scaling things) so having that sort of effect right up in your face would stand out in a bad way.

I haven't played Hollow Knight though, I'll look into it.

Half a decade ago

The gameplay doesn't even need to be fun, i would easily pay like $1000 to have one of my favorite cars decorating my wallet and to have a "race" button that tells me my car beat anons car in my preferred event

Now that there's a targeting system I'm discovering a few moves that were kind of clunky to do before are much more natural now.
Teleporting behind enemies and attacking them for instance, just like in my favorite animes!

I honestly believe that games like animal crossing are not "cozy."
How can you play that and feel very cozy, I mean I understand being relaxed, but for me to feel cozy, I need a balance.
Terraria is cozy to me because of the duality.
Making your house protected against things that can kill you, makes your house even cozier. Warm light on the inside of a house in an otherwise very dark night landscape, THATS cozy. It's all in the juxtaposition, I think.

Anyone remember an old non-google-drive archive somebody posted here recently? It had stuff in it like pic related.

Luckily for you they explore that approach too

I'm currently transitioning from Unity to UE4. Good idea or bad?

>Color theory
>Circle isn't RGB/CMY
Into the garbage it goes

Good idea.

Cheaper than Unity.

>Now that there's a targeting system I'm discovering a few moves that were kind of clunky to do before are much more natural now.
Because your enemies do not have visual feedback of turning
Arrows kinda supplement it but it is still not good solution

No because that's BORING

Bad idea.

Remember to fuck with the player and destroy his cozy zone midway through the game.

Yo user if you find it pls repost

Bad idea. UE4 is harder to use, with the catch that it pays off in games being easier to scale and mantain. For a small team of indies, Unity tends to be the correct tool, despite it having more long term annoyances, because what you really need to produce here is an interesting prototype.

Good post.

Bad post.

>I'm currently transitioning
Typical game dev.

Is music easier than art?

Only if you're talented.

It's harder to qualify than art.

somebody tell me if this is stupid.

>have various usable computers in game
>be able to look at people's email
>look at last websites or google searches people went on (internet doesn't work)
> 1- 2 small scale crappy games to play

Not really, they're both difficult depending whether you're TALENTED or not

>look at email
sure. BBS (text forum) is also a good idea
>recent websites/searches
how would you deliver this info?
>crappy games
maybe

>why make 1 game when you can make 12

Chiptunes are easy but they're oversaturated with shitters. Don't look for the easy path. Just be yourself, unless that involves frogposting.

depends on how much your game is supposed to rely on building what seems to be a living world

No.

How can I know if I'm talented?

I haven't really tried music yet but I feel like anything would be easier than art. Art feels impossible for me, I wish I could just make a game with just code.

It's actually not because of that, the problem was having to twitch the mouse in a weird way and have to have the cursor right on top of the enemy to do that move (webm related, not so hard for me to do now)

Daily reminder to not hold your pee
if you have to go, just take a break and go, it's not healthy to hold it

>Notthing personnel, zombo

Thanks user

Are you good at music now? If not, then you're lacking talent. You can try to learn but you'll never be as good as those born with the ability.

i do mostly orchestral music if anyone is looking to colab. i'm currently working on an animated film and i'd like to start some more game related projects.

[email protected]

soundcloud.com/ethanb/the-retreat

soundcloud.com/ethanb/ethanb-journey-live-recording233

soundcloud.com/ethanb/the-grand-walk

soundcloud.com/ethanb/spets-suoiretsym

soundcloud.com/ethanb/frozen-rain-drops

soundcloud.com/ethanb/c-sharp-minor-stuff-2

soundcloud.com/ethanb/improv-on-june-5th-2013

soundcloud.com/ethanb/sailing-in-the-autumn-sea

soundcloud.com/user-283653942/bushy-eyebrows
soundcloud.com/ethanb/tracks

Skill is skill. Talent is only the ability to make it look easy.

i should probably make a twitter

This. Mum told me once that instead of crying when I was born I sang a pitch perfect minor harmonic scale.