/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

Games
>Shin Megami Tensei V - Switch, TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=YLSrGiiy95U
>Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux - 3DS, Out in Japan, Western release May 15th
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA
>Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation - Mobile, Out in Japan, Western release TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=2V6mJStJH1U
>Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night - PS4, Vita, Japanese release May 24th, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=sIkHWzT5Iv4
>Persona 5 Dancing Star Night - PS4, Vita, Japanese release May 24th, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=VueiR2a_lDY
>Catherine Full Body - PS4, Vita, Japanese release - Winter 2018, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=OejarinH0xo
>Project Re:Fantasy - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=reYl4RUpF_M

>Starter Guide
i.imgur.com/PRKpcPh.png

>Tips and Tricks
pastebin.com/1V9AUMNb

>Art books, Soundtracks, Manuals, and other Media
pastebin.com/f55EcBb6

>Fan Translations, Patches, Games, etc.
pastebin.com/WAcnMB5J

>Scripts, Sounds, and other Resources
pastebin.com/aCsjkMd5

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended Reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

utilitarian.net/hare/by/1981----.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=R3YcANVqmIM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Law is the correct path

Neutral is the best alignment.

Chaos is crap

Remember it's not genocide if law does it.

Post more Femi-Fiend.

It is genocide even if law does it, but at least the deaths lead to a good future, something that neutral pussies would never achieve despite all the deaths caused by a neutral world

Hey, you.

What SMT game are you playing?

No.

I will post Raidou instead.

>at least the deaths lead to a good future

DeSu 2, i'll finish off the last DeSu routes some other time

All of them at once.

>"the neutralfags would never kill!" is this lawfag's defense
>neutralfags end up killing the most since they kill both law AND chaos scum
Why are lawfags such retards?

______ is the only path

I don't know how simply I have to explain it before you understand it. Look at how law characters actually act in games, and what gives you law points. You always get law points for saving people, trying to protect them, etc. You always hear people complain that the nice answers lead to the law ending.

Do you realize why this is? Its because law ideology is not actually about thinking you can or should purge anyone you don't like. Its about protecting people and making peace. Unlike chaos, which glorifies killing, law specifically wants people to avoid it at all costs. It simply accepts it in very specific very rare surreal scenarios that it is necessary in for the greater good. The greater good here being defined as less death and suffering overall.

Retards like you are like "b-but they do it every game." But here's the thing. What they -don't- do in every game is imply that it happens all the time. Chaos is violent at all times, and the neutral world is a neutral world, but law is specifically about leaning to pacifism and being against violence. The entire thing being shown with the brand of death is that these very specific rare scenarios don't define lawful ideology, because most people aren't even supposed to consider them. You are retarded enough to get confused into thinking that its something that would happen all the time since the games basically tell the same plot over and over, and you are looking at the one event that keeps being retold, rather than the fact that it specifically wants your average person who leans law to be the opposite of this.

I don't know how to convey this any better. So maybe this will help.

utilitarian.net/hare/by/1981----.htm

That's not what i said retard, neutralfags still kill and in the long term their route results in more innocent deaths than law does, neutralfags are pussies because they act like their path doesn't cause countless deaths even after achieving the ending, and while they act like this they still give law shit for killing to achieve something

it's poor form to bring the last thread's ongoing arguments into the new one

>lead to a good future
Kek!

That's only true if the conversations were over and you restart them. If they are ongoing then they have no reason to end.

>Law is YHVH
I mean, you guys could at least try to understand the games

no it's not

>LMAO. neutral is jack's squad. Instead of adressing what the issues with actual neutral are, lets just try to assess the corrupt version of it only as if it was identical to the normal one.

The problem here is that this type of neutralfag is legitimately too retarded to even know they are retarded. It only makes neutral look worse that when they try to critique law they critique the bad versions instead of the actual ending goal as if they legitimately can't think of any criticisms agains tthe latter, or even know it exists. You never see anyone law retarded enough to do the same thing in reverse. They always assess actual neutral, not act like the white being neutral somehow means you can treat it as normal neutral as the same thing.

You miss the point. Law world is only good as long as you don't think for yourself and do exactly as you are told, like a good little son of man that you are. One little nod sideways - and you are no longer welcome.

That's a lot of words to not say very much. You're sidestepping the issue here: despite your claims that Law isn't supposed to rationalize killing people, every game's Law route has the player destroy its opposition. It happens in I, it happens in II, it happens in SJ and it happens in IV. To deny this would be foolish.

I don't even get what you're trying to say with that third paragraph. Law wants its enemies dead every time we can see (and play) a Law route - discussing hypothetical Law solutions is pointless since we're explicitly talking about how the series presents Law routes.

I see, that's why Zelenin BTFO Mastema in DSJ Law + right? That's why we kill YHVH in SMT II right? That's why you prove the angels wrong in DeSu OC right?
Man, i wanna be as smart as you one day neutralfag

>You never see anyone law retarded enough to do the same thing in reverse
Literally every lawfag says "Neutral doesn't solve anything and only waits for the next conflict, whereas law is happy fun times forever" despite the face that SMT IV explicitly says that no matter if man sides with demons, angels, or neither that the endless cycle of law vs. chaos fucking shit up continues forever.

Yeah, and she only does it in a new ending nearly ten years after the game came out.

>That's a lot of words to not say very much.

No, you just apparently misunderstood it again. The entire conversation was about why its disingenuous to compare law as an ideology to random real genocides when as an ideology it would be against them, since its entire point is not doing things like that. If you ignore the endings, and look at what types of things give you law points and how law characters act you get an idea, and the endings only contextualize it further. The endings don't contradict this, because they are showing a specific surreal scenario that doesn't actually come up in real life, and this scenario is shown in part -to- point out why they would be against the real life version. So yes, in specific rare scenarios they would kill people. No, its not comparable to the people who generally do in real life, something the games associate with chaos. And no, its not meant to enter into the ordinary ideology of the world, since these scenarios are specifically surreal. So you are trying to compare it to an ideology that it is actually close to the opposite of because if it existed in real life its logic applied to real life would be heavily against killing in essentially all circumstances.

SMT1. I posted this in the other thread right before it died, but anyway, I'm at Tokyo Destiny Land and I'm thinking about moving on to another entry in the series. The gameplay has become too tedious and annoying for me to continue on to the end. I'm probably not too far from the end, but man am I just not having fun anymore.

>in specific rare scenarios they would kill people

Try -every single game with a Law route-. You keep trying to paint Law as this benevolent force that only kills when it's absolutely necessary but every Law route has the higher ups telling you that some person or demon needs to be destroyed. I can't believe you're still trying to downplay this.

that only happens because Abel possess a power rivaling Metatron and God so the lowly angels really have no say in his actions

But that's not what that user was talking about, the whole thing of aiming for the worst face of the alignment, also the SMT IV law ending does say that peace lasts forever, and even if it doesn't, it's still a better age than whatever neutral can achieve

Great work, thanks a ton! I like her thighs.

Stop reading nonsense into IV that doesn't actually exist. IV explicitly says that the law world lasts forever. That is what is explicit. The talk about the cycle doesn't actually mean what you seem to think it does. Its being said by an unreliable narrator as their interpretation of why the world needs to end. Because they think the only possible future is wide steep going back and forth between law and chaos in sharp turns. This isn't even true in normal neutral, since normal neutral is about more soft turns that won't cause as big a problem. Much less chaos and law that have their own thing going on. The white are showing you some of the world possible outcomes to jade you. You are not meant to accept their argument. And the omniscient narrator says law lasts forever.

The funny thing that you are missing is that law being right isn't predicated on it lasting forever to begin with. Even if "forever" means an extremely long time, it doesn't matter, since it would still be justified. Since the game implies time goes to infinity, and past a certain point everything will be reset, then of course in some way the cycle would always come back. But that doesn't mean human endeavors are worthless. OH no, our utopia will end when the world ends 150,000,000 years from now. That must mean its not worth doing!

SMT I also has you acting as the one who will guide mankind to order, without any kind of being guiding you. Also to the guy that talked about Abel's power, Abel in the route still went against what the angels planned and that even became a gamble on whether or not humans could change, so it's still not following what you are told to do

I legitimately can't believe you are this retarded. Are you trolling? Its not possible for you to miss the point this badly. At least if you understood what was being said but disagreed with it it would be one thing. I don't understand how you KNOW that you fail to understand, but are still confident that your point makes sense as a response.

Based Dagda's alignment > Noo-tral (Danu) > Chaos (pussyfer) and Law (Soykabbah)

Strange Journey. There sure is a lot of dialogue and tutorials in the first few hours. Just got access to fusion.

I love you guys

How do you place neutral above chaos if you place dagda on top? Dagda is much closer to chaos than to neutral. He is only neutral by the technicality that he doesn't seek out violence or strife, but is simply always prepared for it since people doing their own things with no care for anyone else's opinion or wellbeing will always be at odds.

>muh utopia where you praise God or die justifies all slaughter required to achieve it
Remember, Law is not your friend.

Well, by chaos, I meant the smt4 universe version of chaos. The smt4 universe chaos is a controlled opposition. SMT3 chaos and the SMT3 universe version of Lucifer are based though.

If I had to rank the various Lucifers of various universes that we have seen so far in the mainline, then it would go like this:
SMT3 universe Lucifer > SMT1 universe Lucifer = Smt SJ universe Lucifer >>>> SMT4 universe """"""Lucifer"""""

dagda is more like dark-neutral

Humans live almost exactly how they used to after law endings, the differences wouldn't bother anyone who isn't straight up irredeemable, old SJ law ending is the only odd one

"More like" doesn't mean anything. He is CALLED dark neutral. But there are two axises for a reason. Chaos isn't just chaos. Its dark chaos. So even on the axis you can see that dagda is as close to chaos as to regular neutral. In practice, his ideology much more resembles chaos than neutral. Because it retains chaos' egoism and willingness for battle, and the only thing it really takes from neutral is a vague concept of human empowerment and its language emphasizes it in neutral ways.

>Humans live almost exactly how they used to after law endings
>all who don't agree are wiped out
>the remaining ones spend their days singing praises to the Lord
>almost exactly how they used to
You cannot be this delusional.

>>the remaining ones spend their days singing praises to the Lord
Yeah. Like that one law ending where it says that its all the...

...Oh wait, that doesn't happen.

Fury Son Goku!

Nice, great job dude. I've jerked off to your tit job pic of her more times then I would like to admit.

He's right though, unless you're talking about old SJ , which again, is the oddest of the bunch

>literally wrote himself into the game to romance a prior protagonist and to model her like an idol
>this happened not one but fucking twice
How did this fucking faggot do it? Did no one at Atlus see this shit until fans complained? Even the Japanese with their all their waifu autism were pissed. The faggot ruined what would otherwise be a really cool cameo.

You realize that even dsj which turns that into the bad law ending doesn't imply that its all they do right? The emphasis here is being places on peace and happiness, and its being told via a surrealistic religious vision. Not that they literally are just bored all the time and do nothing but sing.

>Even the Japanese with their all their waifu autism were pissed
Really? That just makes it better.
What a hero.

He was meant to appear in Eternal Punishment but fans complained about his obvious self insert so they removed him.

Fucking heh.

way better than Hashino

I love Bob Epic Team!

There are a lot of fucking strange SMT1 crossover images. I wonder why.

You're welcome
Thanks, her design is cute as fug, her thigh high boots and those cute monkey like ears kills me I'm probably going to draw some MegaTen lewds during next month, including her

It has a distinct look to the sprites. Plus since it pulls from stuff, throwing it with modern things causes an interesting clash, especially when the character in question is a different expression of said folklore.

Which game has the best regular combat theme?

Do you mind if i ask, do you only take requests in here and the /v/ draw threads, or do you also take reqs on your tumblr blog as well?

Please delete this image right now.

Define regular, because some games have different tracks for random encounters in different parts of the game.

Any combat theme that plays for random encounters and not bosses.

SMT3. Even if you just take the default one.

youtube.com/watch?v=R3YcANVqmIM

I admit that typically I hate when there is only one main battle theme but despite putting 80 hours in SJ for every route I never once tired of Fear of God. It is that fucking good.

SMT1 has a rather simple and minimalist art style

0-4: Continue playing DeSu 2
5-9: Continue playing Ouendan

I'm at TDL too, just got BTFO by the demon summoner on 2F, will try again later.
And I feel the same way as you. I was having more fun before Thor fired the missiles. I'm going neutral and I wanted to play a second time so I could go law, but I'm not sure if I'll touch this game again. The only things that keep me going are Law Hero and Chaos Hero.

Guessing I'll get Mudo'd for saying this, but I don't really like SJ's OST. The combat theme gets good 50 seconds in, but that's about it.

Only here and on /v/

That doesnt mean shit.

The sequel of 4 literally takes place on another timeline where Flynn didnt defeat Luci and Merk, didnt you play SMT IV and see the posibilities presented by the White (Where Akira went Law or Chaos instead of neutral, the SMT IV timeline)?

I don't dislike SJ's music, but other than Morale I don't find any of it super memorable.

Gotcha.

The way one game's sequel is handled does not necessarily apply to another game an its sequel, especially ones that are years apart and handled by different people

damn i want to be that good

Just keep trying, user, you'll assuredly...

Yeah, no, I doubt it.

MAMUDO

It's probably my favorite OST in any video game but I respect your taste. The only SMT music I really can't stand is some of the P3-5 music. There are some great tracks in those games but the shitty engrish makes a lot of them difficult to listen to.

This but with Alice and actually drawn better

>the shitty engrish makes a lot of them difficult to listen to.
thats probably my favorite part of them

Keep drawing, but don't keep drawing the same thing. Get out of your comfort zone.

>MISS
I certainly appreciate the different approach Atlus tried with SJ's OST, but I guess it's just not my cup of muscle drink.

The shitty engrish is kinda endearing desu.

so just, copy?

i want to relive SMT1 for the first time again

Watch devilman crybaby. SMTI is more or less a retelling of devilman, but with a different ending and slightly different charcaters.

Why do people try so hard to defend neutral? It's been proven in multiple games that neutral solves nothing because humans are retards who never learn from their mistakes so the problem that caused the law/neutral/chaos war is bound to happen again infinitely.
>b-but humans can fix their own mistakes!

Same here. Sad to see newfriends dropping it.

Isaiah 40:29
29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

Is Tarukaja a law-aligned spell now?

Would rather have humans kill themselves then live under the rule of angels or demons.