/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SLLEbid7lQU
youtube.com/watch?v=FlbIciSph7w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

NINA 1# MOM RIBBIT :3

Play the squid

Play tekken

>hwoarang mashin kicks
>block
>try to punish with i10 punish
>eat kicks
what the fuck do I do against this shit? Obviously I'm new

dickjab

>Improve your movement,
so like learn how to kbd or get better at spacing?

diccjab because you ducc highs and hit mid so he can't crush you but you crush him bro

Does anyone know any mods on PC to disable customization's client-side? Recently dealt with a Jack player with some fucking giant tire on him and I couldn't visually confirm important moves like Debugger.

Punch him in his tiny penis.

Punch him in the dick.

What happens when you dick jab the girls

Then it's just a cunt punch.

The Daruma has fallen!

Today is the last day. At least for a few months.

low crushes crush dickjabs m8

Both.

>XD look at me hurr durr im akuma, i have unblockable rage art that take half your life bar out XD

...jump up back

Just jump nigga.

it doesn't fucking work, he punched you first before he does it

even it you block it it still fucking hits

Punching doesn't hit confirm the rage art, you can still jump. This isn't fucking street fighter. On that note, every akuma I've played recently tries that and their RA never hits me. You can feel their spirit broken when they can't cheese people with that anymore.

The punch doesn't let the rage art hit at all, if anything it's the opposite.

What do you mean confirm? Do you mean block debugger in reaction or something else? Because blocking it on reaction is hard as fuck offline and impossible online.

Do you like marvel games? Because if you don't you aren't going to play that game long especially if it's got the patented Arcsys balance and the game is horribly broken the first couple of weeks.

Personally I don't like anime, tag games, and especially not Marvel so I have zero interest in playing that game. Gonna continue the grind to improve in Tekken.

Go on practice mode and try it before saying retarded shit

There are many things to complain about with Akuma like his damage, wall carry, focus attack, flip bullshit, ability to easily extend good combos, how fast hits moves are, etc. But his rage art is not one of them, just jump you fool.

Gimme a honest character to play other than good guy Kazuya

Does anyone know if Aris is gonna restream Evo Japan? I don't wanna watch the pools/early brackets on Openrec or in Japanese.

No, he said he's gonna play Monster Hunter

Don't forget to drink water!!

What's the input for that Leo jump kick?

Lads at 5:30 King does a springboard crossbody press. I have never seen this. How is it done?

youtube.com/watch?v=SLLEbid7lQU

jump+kick

My new technique ...

He's growing too powerful!

I paid 40 bucks of this pile of shit and this happens all the time.

NANI?! H-he's fast!

Holy shit

>PoS4
>Being a PoS
You don't say!

Is there any way of seeing my disconnect rate?

tekken is the only game that does this
Bandai namco fucked up good

>honest
Did you just call BASED LARS

>Hellsweep
>Honest
This whole honesty shit is so retarded

I thought POS4 costed more than 40 bucks

Kazuya hellsweep is not even that strong, characters like Leo have basically a better hellsweep than this honest guy

He's filled with gimmicks though. No character is honest in Tekken because honesty is just something spouted by losers and people who want to feel a heightened sense of self worth because "only their character is fair and honest."

Nigga, there's no honest characters in Tekken. Kazuya has a strong 50/50 game with his hellsweep and FF+3

Why do people use the word gimmick when they dont know what it means?

Are you claiming U/F4,4,4,4 and 1,2,4,3 aren't gimmicks? If so then go to bed TMM.

uf4444 is used in big body combos, and 1243 is used in some standard combos.

Kbd and spacing, and when to use sidesteps. The difference between a scrub and a decent player is movement.

So I've been playing yoshimitsu for some time and I wonder about something. Is it possible for the average human being to react to FC d/f1 and interrupt it with a dickjab? I haven't seen anyone do so and this move has only been countered by people predicting it and hopkicking so far. I'm wondering about this because if it's possible to react to it could count as a "gimmick"

It's a tech catch. People who play Yoshi are supposed to use it when it's guaranteed after someone techs to get up

I know about that but I've also been using it as a FC 50/50 between that move and flash (if they try to interrupt it). I was just wondering if it's legit or just works because my opponents are unfamilliar.

Flash is -15 on block so no I don't think it's legit.

Use FC d/f4 and hopkick, that's a decent mixup.

20 is the absolute lowest that the best players can react to. Dickjab is 10 frames. Sword sweep is 26 frames. So no.

Oh I've been using that one as well. But I use flash anyway to make people respect the mixup.

If you're going for the FC 50/50, try NSS FC d/f+3 and hopkick.

Sounds great. I can really abuse this at the wall/against people that aren't backdashing.

I know, but that means I'll have to be in NSS first which isn't always the case, I usually just switch to it if my opponent has a lifelead.

Tekken pools are tomorrow, right?

>check EVO Japan's schedule
>no marvel

kek

Why does moving around with a new character feel so weird? I feel like I move a lot faster if I'm playing a character I'm familiar with.

Yeah, Japan isn't turning into Mexico.

Maybe the new character just moves slower than the old character

If I understand this right, on day 2 these games all start at the same time.
I hope we dont get moments where we have to watch the other game

Technically yes because of time difference it will be tomorrow night (in Burger time) even though it's Saturday afternoon for Japan.

I mean not only is it dead with it's most recent installment being actual garbage but Japan has always considered MvC trash and has never had much if any scene for it.

Backdash and sidestep might be way different. Like going from Miguel to Eliza for example, her backdash is way shorter than his so I gotta do KBD at a different tempo

is there a way to see which game was watched the most after the tourney?

Why is everyone in upper yellows/lower oranges playing Bob? Seriously fuck this fat piece of shit

Who cares about that petty shit? I just hope they are letting someone restream it or something because I'm not gonna stay up and watch pools without English commentary AND on a shit Japanese streaming site.

I do and it's why I asked. Dont fucking reply to me

Won't there be the usual english commentators there?

There probably will be. I don't see why not.

Then why did you say "watch pools without english commentary"?

That wasn't me, sorry.

Look at the image I linked. There's only two English streams going on Friday and Saturday. One is random shit that will maybe show semis or part of them and the other is a dedicated jive stream. Only thing we get full coverage of in English will be finals.

Eh, every commentator except Aris and sometimes Markman is annoying anyways. We in this for the sick matches bruvs

You're gonna also have to watch it on Openrec.tv and if you have never used a Japanese streaming service before prepare to have a lot more respect for how twitch runs things.

Also I enjoy all the Tekken commentators, even Jiyuna as long as he's paired with someone who knows what the fuck they are talking about since he doesn't.

Do you lose rage as Eliza if you heal over the rage threshold?

Rip is not that bad and Rickstah is inoffensive. I think we've been oversaturated with Tasty Steve though

Bob, Eliza, and Eddy are rarely seen until those ranks because they require knowledge against them that most people in green and yellow aren't going to have so they won't be there long. It's a free trip to orange.

I wonder about this as well. Also wonder if it works that way with Yoshimitsu.

No, same with Yoshi

No. Once you get rage you could even heal up to full health and still have it.

I want Eliza to succ me.

If we get a second season of dlc, I think we will but you can never guess what Bamco will do, would you prefer more guests, new characters, or legacy?

i think rickstah is underrated and should commentate more

Rickstah is great he's just overshadowed by the likes of Aris, Markman, Tasty Steve, and Rip.

I would like to learn a floorbreak combo but there's only one stage with floorbreaks in it so whats the point.

Not one of the new characters is remotely complex, so it would be neat to have a new deep Tekken character.

Legacy but also a new character with Wang's style
I also really want Mokujin back. Hell bring back Kingjin just as long as we have one of those guys
Basically, I just want back the characters you would use when your little cousins would come over and you didn't play serious so you just messed with them
(Lei, Ganryu, Roger/Alex...)

what are some good combo finishers that give good oki for yoshi? b2,1,1+2 KIN 2 doesnt give good enough oki
also what are some good options out of FLE for oki, give the f+3+4 finisher is decent for FLE oki

b2.1.1+2 KIN f

If they don't bring back legacy characters then I hope they give some of Marduk's tools to Gigas

I fucking hate customs, why can't there be an option to disable customs on client side.

>Steve is trash, nobody wins any tournaments with him

youtube.com/watch?v=FlbIciSph7w

Are they playing it online on PC just to have their ranks visible?