/scg/edg/ Star Citizen Elite Dangerous General #256

cute thargoids edition

Star Citizen Information:

Alpha 3.0 PTU is released for all backers. You must download the new patcher from the RSI website.
install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0.exe

>Comprehensive look at the current state of Star Citizen
youtube.com/watch?v=IbhBNWU0Rxw

>Squadron 42 Vertical Slice
youtube.com/watch?v=qcHAfaQh3QE

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/aQPMdGhi

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC to become playable.

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content.
Frontier announced a new expansion called "Beyond" and will offer it for free to everyone who bought horizon.
Season three will focus on refining core gameplay and introducing new content.

3.0 Beta is live and free for all commandos! Patch notes:
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/401680-3-0-Open-Beta-Patch-Notes

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/
robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen
youtu.be/ziitzsUH5z8
youtu.be/G1BurIJNIVY
youtu.be/l99mm0-yZRY
youtu.be/OotXWU_EgnI
youtu.be/tR7-aHItcdg
youtu.be/i_6ZI7SmHpY
youtube.com/watch?v=Yi9WdFRq8oA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

forgot to remove
(You) this post to make fun of me

If you can take them out with conventional weapons, AX must wreck their shit.

>shield bypass indicator present but hull readout still rounding up to 100%
What are they armed with, pea shooters?

Those things used to get rekt by ancient cobras, so peashooters are an overestimation

Looks like the bubble is gonna be filled with these dadgoids, they are harmless and pay shit 10k combat bonds.

zzzzzzzzzz

For someone who hasn't messed around with star citizen since shortly after they added crusader and the fps module, is there enough stuff added since to justify downloading it and messing around again?

Two weeks minimum

no
come back and check in like 3 years

>the new special forces police deals more damage than stations

I guess nobody should have expected fdev to actually balance the game mechanics instead of swinging them from one extreme to another

I think it was meant to be a deterrent for dadslayers, though of course it's a little overkill for anyone doing illegal shit.

also the bounties you gain are less for smaller ships, meaning it takes longer to activate ATR resposne, meaning noobslaying is the way to go if you wanna gank
nice job FD

Also bounties are ship based, so you can just get a designated dadslaying ship

why are there only massacre missions?

where are you that you're only finding massacre missions?

eranin

so is smeatos dead or not?
can anyone playing beta confirm?

It's dead on live

Gsh

just arrived at upsilon
did they just fucking straight up shutdown passenger terminal?
what the fuck

How much did the terrapin initially go for during the concept sale? And will there be another sale when it's realesed?

nvm it was just my shit internet connection

195. Yes. Also, get a better image next time.

the dragging, draining 3.0 trainwreck and underwhelming nature of the release, combined with the fact that the performance hit in 3.0 basically pushed my system, which I specifically built to run SC alpha on back in 2014, past realistic playability has really crushed my enthusiasm, I posted in and kept up with this general for more than four years, and now that SC actually has something resembling an alpha I can't play it, its too much of slideshow to do anything but screenshot tourism.
>tfw

shoud have farmed more
only 475 mil left
good thing I alredy bought and outfited both conda and python

They just removed the distance multiplier

I assume for all systems?
not just ltt9630

So how do you encounter them? Are they actually capable of supercruise or is it just in signal sources?

Yep, all systems

it's screenshot tourism at 60fps too

How hard is the new website gonna suck?

Will the price go up from the concept sale price?

>tfw both SC and E:D are 3.0 now

Also why the fuck did FDev take an older snapshot of my character I only have 500m to spend now RRREEEEE

Probably

How do I increase my bounty fast

kill innocent civilians in systems with high security.

>go to nav/tourist beacon
>shoot things

Murder for 6k at a time, but if you want truly epic sized bounties then you need to get repeatedly scanned by police with a ridiculous amount of drugs or slaves on board and/or take massive haulage missions of valuable commodities, abandon them and sell on the black market... And then wait 7 days for the fines to mature into bounties.

so whats the fastest way to farm credits now when smeaton is dead?

>be fucking Dr. Rockso and pull up to the dock in a T-9 packed full of cocaine

So get a t9 filled with illegal goods and just hang around stations. Could I just hang around lhs 1334 and erevate and kill sidewinder with my federal fun ship

wait for wing missions, I just found one that give 42 million for dropping shit off, not even a long haul

Now I want to rename myself into Leonard Rockstein, but frontier support probably won't appreciate me asking to change the name again.

>tfw no friends to play ed with

you can solo them my guy

it's dumb that you have to submit a support ticket to change your name, they should have a paid name change feature
I'd toss them a couple bucks to change my name when I get tired of being F4GG0T_L0RD_360

thats good to hear
I like when gamedevs dont ignore autistic antisocial part of their playerbase

that's fucking retarded though. the solo missions are the missions we've had so far. wing missions are supposed to pay extra but only be doable as a wing.

they have huge requirements, like more cargo than any ship can possibly carry, so they pay a shit ton but they require multiple trips if you're soloing

>Sea Of Thieves is just Elite with a pirate skin and less shit

I JUST WANT TO BE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

sea of thieves has gameplay though

Foolish Samurai Warrior, you will experience that gameplay and like it!

Swell job on not letting the thread die. ATV when.

Who knows I can't even run 3.0 at a playable framerate and I only come here for the bantz.

>Not being here to discuss intelligently
Shiggy, lad. Don't feel bad, I cannot run the game either, especially on my main monitor. I'm impatiently waiting for the next generation of cards.

I was planning on doing a complete rebuild Q1 2018 but with ram prices being being 300% and GPU prices being double it's a horrible time to build

Literally no one gives a shit. They aren't patching the game, why would anyone care?

miners should be turned into compost desu senpai

Don't worry, miners are fucked anyway. Spend tens of thousands of dollars on 1080tis that they're running out of their apartments? Say hello to a 50k electric bill.

I dont fucking care about that
I'm just worried that when crypto bubble finally pops and the'll start selling out their busted gpu's pc market will take prety heavy hit

It's not miners. GPU makers are not making enough cards. Nvidia and AMD can make more chips, supply is being held down artificially by board makers. Dram prices are a larger factor, but no one is operating at capacity.
>50k electric bill
hush child, adults are talking

They will be when the IRS convinces Trump to regulate the fuck out of cryptocurrency transactions.

>This kid thinks you only pay a set amount of money per month for your electricity and you can use as much as you want
>He also thinks that AMD and Nvidia can magically spawn more cards from thin air
kek, the irony of calling anyone a child.

>when crypto bubble finally pops
You want to watch the Ethereum DAG. By the end of this year, it will go over 4GB. If crypto is going to crash, it will happen then because of the thousands of 4GB cards that will go obsolete at once without enough demand from another coin to catch them.
Go watch the Gamer's Nexus video on gpu prices retard. Also, an 8 GPU system is less than 2kW, so about what an air conditioner draws.

>check on ED for the first time in like a year
>New and ***IMPROVED*** Engineering system is actually even worse than the previous one

How

How do they do it

Your greentext for that gif should be:
>How did people think that was going to be an inprovement?
Fdev literally never improves anything, it's just more whale bait and punishing people who don't play the game the way they want them to.

FTroop probably spent half their budget on engineers. That's legitimately the only "content" the game has gotten in at least a year so they're trying milk it as much as possible.

My system gives me a lower framerate on the lowest graphics settings than it does on the highest.
I'm fairly sure my machine isn't at fault, I'm willing to blame CIG for it

I'm not sure what's worse, waiting on SC 3.0, or getting 3.0 but it's not playable and CIG turtles up for at least 3 months.

>power distributor of T10 is grade 7 now
>hardpoints on the T10 no longer stuck on reload or some shit preventing them to keep firing

Orion price increase when?

what's aprox cost of buying and outfitting t10?

over 600 mil

it is better tho
the only bad thing is upgrading each module from g1 to g5 individually, which does suck, but you get shit loads of low grade materials while grinding for g5 mats anyway, and you can always just trade for anything you don't have
try it, it's genuinely not bad, and guaranteed progress on every roll is huge

fuck, it's gonna take ages without smeaton

well, if you get all modules and the ship in from Li yong-rui you will save some good credits, also that price is for a full autism fighter build. Any other build will be far more cheaper.

robertsspaceindustries.com/
New site is live

robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen
New roadmap

That's nice and all but I think I'll keep my godrolled everything that's like 1/3 better than the best you can do under the new system, and maintain a permanent advantage over all the plebs.

all that hype... and it's pretty much eaxctly the same

>we won't sell the F8
>but if you give us 10 grand you get one for free :^)

>3.1
>Aegis reclaimer

yeeeeeeeeeee

Oh cool, they've made it like Trello. Very useful.

I was just about to come and post the same thing. Looks like they took a page out of FDs playbook. If you give them $25000 you get a F8 with a fancy skin.

Holy fuck CIG, what the fuck are you doing?

>it still shows the splash page even if you're logged in from the prior version of the site

Anyone know where an Interstellar Factor is in the beta?

Shit load of unlisted SC tutorials. One example.
youtu.be/ziitzsUH5z8

Tutorial on Stanton Star System. I don't know why they're doing these this early.
youtu.be/G1BurIJNIVY

Last ones. Rather annoying that the basic movement one has shitty frame rate.
youtu.be/l99mm0-yZRY
youtu.be/OotXWU_EgnI
youtu.be/tR7-aHItcdg
youtu.be/i_6ZI7SmHpY

it's not the reclaimer, it's the ((("reclaimer")))
no salvage, no claw, no scrap grinding room, nothing. a gigantic cube that you can fly and walk around in just like the other ships they added "when it's ready" instead of when their gameplay was ready.

caterpillar, herald, etc still fucking messes with non functioning gameplay, or they flat out kill the player during gameplay. i'll never be hype for another ship being added before they finish it. it's an excuse for them to relax on actually finishing it.

honestly even as a glorified cargo runner id be happy to have it, my avenger isnt cutting it

>Legatus Navium
>Ahead of all others, the noble title of Legatus Navium is an equal match to the honor and virtue you have shown in life. As captains lead their crew, so to are you an example for others to follow, leading Humanity towards a brighter future through your deeds and actions. More than rank alone, it is clear from your manner and bearing you are Legatus Navium.

>In-Game Rewards
>Concierge Civilian Luxury F8:
>Always ready to improve upon near-perfection, Anvil has coordinated with the Chairman’s Club to create this stunning work of flying art, the F8C Lightning Executive Edition. The hull has been beautifully accentuated with a unique premium livery, while in the cockpit you’ll find sumptuous gold and metallic detailing, a fitting crown for this king of heavy fighters
Can't make this shit up

>old forums gone for good
looks like CIG dont want to remember the lies they told to get where they are today

youtube.com/watch?v=Yi9WdFRq8oA

What do people see in the Terrapin? No cargo, no weapons, flying brick and tons of wasted space.

JUST

surveillance, command&support. it has no function outside of large, organized gameplay, like many other ships.

not everything is a solo dogfighter cargo runner, in a game that is currently about solo dogfighting and cargo running. so ofcourse it feels useless.

THIS IS THE KIND OF SHIT I WANT IN GAME