Eth PASSIVE INCOME redpill

Boyz a lot of people here don't realize where this is all heading. We're too caught up at the moment here.

Ethereum will switch to PoS this year. This means no more new coins can be mined, but instead coins are staked. To stake the coins you'll need a stash of at least 32 ether (as of latest news).

The question is - why would anyone sell their stash? Those that have 32 ether will just sell the coins they staked, but not the principal. So the supply side will shrink dramatically, while the demand keeps going up. That creates a self perpetuating cycle with high ethereum prices.

So you're saying buy and hodl 32 eth before it's too late?

the more you stake the more you make

buy and hold as much as you can

How much money does this actually translate to?

Why wait for ETH to have POS? You can lease your coins using WAVES right now and earn staking income from a WAVES staking pool. The nice thing about leasing is your WAVES coins stay in your wallet under your control and you don't even have to leave your wallet open to earn interest.

how does one do this ?

>Those that have 32 ether
Sorry, but the Cat Bag Kid said 1000-4000 is going to be a minimum deposit.

You could always let some Nigerian prince, you know, stake in a pool for you. N stuff.

You buy WAVES on an exchange like Bittrex, download the chrome wallet, create a WAVES address in the chrome wallet, send your coins from the exchange to your waves address and then in the wallet select the option to lease your coins and put in the address of the WAVES pool you want to lease your coins to. It's very simple. Check out the WAVES website or the bitcointalk ANN for WAVES.

Nice thing about the chrome WAVES wallet is no blockchain download. Once the wallet is set up your are good to go instantly.

You need 1000 ETH to be able to stake, and they always change it. Don't get your hopes up.

see and

PoSWallet will have masternode pools.

poswallet is going to be the go to exchange in the near future.

>screencap this.

I've been curious about the waves thing. How much do you actually make though? Like if I had $100 in waves, how much would I make a day?

this is outdated and would make casper completely pointless. so $100k minimum deposit would be required just to stake? I don't think so. they will have to adjust it to something realistic before it's released.

ETH will most likely have coin leasing just like WAVES so people with less than 1000 ETH can safely pool their coins and earn interest. I wouldn't worry about this too much. Setting up coin leasing should actually be a piece of cake for any proof-of-stake coin that has smart contract capability.

I assume there will be staking pools?

This.

I cannot believe how no one is seeing this

I did some rough calculations and it came out between 1% and 2% annual interest for WAVES. It doesn't seem like much but that's actually quite typical for proof-of-stake coins. Blackcoin for example only gives 1% yearly interest. However, as WAVES becomes used more widely it will generate more transaction fees which generates more interest for the stakers/leasers. Another nice thing about WAVES is no more coins are being created by staking. All staking interest comes from transaction fees so there is no inflation of the WAVES currency itself. That's a huge advantage compared to other proof-of-stake coins that generate interest by increasing their coin supply.

It has got a long way to go before that user, come on use your thinkingbrain

Think of all the volume that has to transfer from poloniex or even places like bittrex, and all of the features they have to offer before it seems viable to switch, and think of all the trust that has to be built up between coiners and the POSW exchange so they might know it is not a scam. It could gobble up volume from some of the shittier exchanges like yobit, but then again the draw of such exchanges is that they instantly have shitcoins available asap, and POSW recently delisted PIVX so I don't know what they're thinking there.

This is the kind of shit that doesn't even take months, it may take years to happen

This looks like bean passive income from the OP photo.

Yes sprouting beans can make good money! I make $10 a day on it!

Will I become rich as fuck staking with my 1300 ETH? Is there some calculator?

>1300 eth
SELL YOU MADMAN

Why? Why would I sell it?

Luckily there isn't any real demand for eth anyway

Nobody knows yet what the ETH POS interest rate will be but probably around 2% annually. POS rewards are usually far less than POW mining rewards because staking doesn't require large amounts of power or specialized mining gear. Also too high an interest rate dilutes the value of the coin by inflation.

>Nobody knows yet what the ETH POS interest rate will be but probably around 2% annually.

2% is absolute ass. Why would I stake ETH instead of selling it and putting my money in index funds that will yield me about 5% inflation adjusted?

Let's get hypothetical. You have $1000. ETH is $10. You could do the following:
>buy 100 ETH
>2% more ETH per year
>that ETH is worth 50% more in USD after a year
>your 100 eth now 102 eth, total USD value of $1530

>$1000 in index fund
>5% yield
>your USD value in 1 year is $1050

Most of the major POS coins are in the low single digits for staking interest rate. If you want a POS coin with a high staking interest rate there is always Bitbean. I think Bitbean staking interest is around 25% right now.

What is the current year-to-date performance of the S&P 500? Now determine the current year-to-date performance of ETH. You have now answered your own question. Staking is just a nice little additional freebie that you get for holding your ETH. Also if you compare typical POS staking returns to the S&P 500 dividend rate they probably won't be that much different.

Minimum stake is still 32ETH, he was saying it would only be profitable due to gas fees to stake 1000+. But it's been changed now so the Casper smart contract gets a gas discount, so it's profitable for everyone.

so, given the recent news about going hybrid mode for testing, what are the chances for a nice climb and/or crash happening? Im new, but going half-assed hybrid mode doesnt really seem all too confident, or is it just me?
>former nocoiner is worried a little

>Will I become rich as fuck staking with my 1300 ETH? Is there some calculator?

Yeah, if you sell and invest in real estate. Rent it out and chill for life.

Is there a practical point in securing that you have at least 32 ETH right now if we all make money off of 1? Aside from making more money because you invested more.

How do I stake my ETH, does it stay in my wallet or do I have to move it to another site?

Honestly? Even with the cost basis what it is now, it's practical to shoot for at least 50 by November at least.

That is really dumb. In my country all real estate is expensive, taxes are high and renters are poor as fuck.