>General VR Resources
vrwiki.wikispaces.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality_headset
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_virtual_reality_headsets

>Oculus Rift Setup Guide
pastebin.com/QgHwLq8R

>HTC Vive Setup Guide
pastebin.com/QNc18zHd

>Recommended VR Applications/Games (updated AND old lists included)
pastebin.com/eS83LXeB
OLD
pastebin.com/KgBr4kCh

>VRChat Resources and Tutorials
pastebin.com/X89faD2r

>We have a private void club instance! Add this to your launch settings to go there when you spawn in.
vrchat://launch?id=wrld_7e10376a-29b6-43af-ac5d-6eb72732e90c&ref=vrchat.com&instanceId=42~private(inviteurl_95dd8c82-968a-4c75-a7f6-711dd98dfac2)

>Or click this to go there now (opens VR chat)
vrchat.com/launch?worldId=wrld_7e10376a-29b6-43af-ac5d-6eb72732e90c&ref=vrchat.com&instanceId=42~private(inviteurl_95dd8c82-968a-4c75-a7f6-711dd98dfac2)

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tr_1R3qrCvo
seiga.nicovideo.jp/seiga/im5274732
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dot come back to /ink/ we miss you

>load into pug
>massive lag and stuttering
>wii shop channel music blaring at max volume
>stuttering never stops
cool

On this subject, is using compressed image formats helpful at all?
Like if I use indexed color for an image (i.e. non-animated gif), can I make the dimensions of the image absolutely massive without feeling bad?

Does anyone know of some pretty decent animations for anime girls? The standard walking animation makes her look like a gorilla.

why isn't cats recognizing my viseme shape keys

I've been looking for one that's the classic anime girl run, but no luck.

I'm not sure about this, but doesn't Unity resize the texture anyway? There's an option for "max texture size" on each material and it only goes up to 4k.

Is there even another place I can get animations from other than mixamo?

Surprised I haven't seen any Naruto characters with the autistic arms-back ninja run yet.

Same but with the Russian national anthem

I hate Russian primetime

I wonder if theres a resource for custom animations or do people make it themselves
I saw someone with angle wings floating around the other day as their walk animation

Haven't seen any Narutos like that but a dude on my friends list has a Tomato-chan with that run.

>angle
fuck i've been using that as a replacement way too much lately, angel.

I saw one kakashi with that run before actually, he ran all over the presentation room while blasting the theme song or something and then started breakdancing when he got on stage, had a good laugh.

Haha time to grope so mute cuties
>Load into pug
>Cyka blyat
>Eye raping knuckles
>A female and some orbiters talking about some boring shit

Pug feels like shit most of the time

>Cat's fixing in blender makes the model unable to do dance animations
>Not fixing it makes it unable to import avatar rig in unity

I've seen some awful shit, but this takes the cake. It must be ironic.

They're supposed to show up here, right? Or is there some other way I'm supposed to tell it?

No. You're thinking of CATS atlasing only going up to 4096x4096

Try an actual club, pug is normie central

WHERE ARE PEOPLE GETTING THE ADORABLE LITTLE CAT AVATARS

PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW

Anyone having issues uploading right now? It's been a while since I've uploaded one.

No it's distinct from that - there is a dropdown in Unity that says max texture size, and it only goes up to 4096. I just don't know what it does, if anything.

It may be tied to Cubed's shaders, since the material options do change based on the shaders. I'd be able to check for sure and screenshot it if I wasn't at work.

How do the lockpicks works in Steel and Gold? I go up to the safes and hold the inside bumper, but nothing happens

I didn't see my VRfu all of yesterday, then woke up to see screenshots of him playing with other anons while I slept. I want him more than you, /ink/

Nevermind, I found them. Going to turn into a busty meido when people headpat me.

Hey pepsiman user mind sharing the muscle animation editor tool you praised in the vid?

It's been shared before, should be in the archive.

I know the feeling. Those cats get some sick headpat scores.
If they had working visemes (for realistic meows) I don't know if I'd ever use a different avatar.

>obtain cat or other little animal avatar
>wait for someone to approach and/or give pets
>youtube.com/watch?v=tr_1R3qrCvo
>run away

A trifling victory, but a victory nonetheless.

Yeah. I wish I knew how to do an avatar like that. I found seiga.nicovideo.jp/seiga/im5274732 but I don't think it would be as cute.

Oh well. Can't wait until I buy a headset so I can smoosh my breasts together.

Not going to lie, I've spent more time fondling myself in mirrors than actually going places. Going to reparent to the chest and set the jiggle bones right so my tits don't clip the collar after work unless we still have a roaming group tonight

Does anyone know why sometimes your avatar will keep its mouth half-open after you say something?
Is it some bug in the lipsynch?

And I'm a dumbass who forgot to update the SDK. Well going to test my model now.

Hey /vrg/ I have a model where all the textures are split down he middle and then mirrored left - right. I want to make it so that this isn't the case for the shirt my character is wearing where I have a full texture to work with. How would I do that with blender?

mirror bug

I think it's a bug in the mirrors. I've asked other people and they say it's closed when it shows as open in a mirror for me.

>Going to turn into a busty meido when people headpat me.
>people
>not doing it with your VRfu only
Slut.

I see, thanks.

>encounter fellow german speakers
>absolutely no clue how to join in on their conversation
>leave or watch them move on

>implying I have a VRfu
Give me a cute shota and we'll be set.

So anyone want to tell me the secret to adding seats onto an avatar?

How important is Texture Atlasing? The model I'm trying to learn with looks like dogshit when I use Cats to do it automatically and doing it manually sounds like a pain in the ass.

Somewhere around here, ya dingus. Ball sits at bottom of eyes. Slightly inset.

How many materials do you have? If the number is anywhere over 3 or 4 I will strangle you. In addition, the less mats you have the easier it is to manually atlas, not that its difficult in the first place once you learn.

Manual atlasing isn't that difficult.

tupper pls go

Cats uses an algorithm that has no idea what the important, detailed parts of the model are, so it can't prioritize properly.

It's not hard to do it yourself and get far better results just by giving priority to the face mesh and any highly detailed textures, and shrinking everything else.

You can create a planar texture map for the skirt textures using an atlas, yesterday I was watching a tutorial tupper made where he converts multiple textures to one big atlas, in the process he converted the half face texture to planar full face texture, I don't remember the details so I recommend you check that.

If you're lazy, just separate the parts of the mesh you want to keep high detail, and run a separate auto-atlas for them. Then just remerge the meshes into one.

It's just that you're often looking down when we kissu and I'd rather you didn't. When I face you, our eyes are perfectly aligned.

Fun fact, Tupper is not the only player who desires the optimizing of characters and worlds.

>try my hand at the pug
>crowd of normies and one fabulous jojo flying through with nobody in the crowd getting the joke
Yup, the usual

3 weeks ago pug was still alright if a little hit or miss, now it's garbage 90% of the time

I wish people would ask for lewds here

Atlasing is a meme and is fucking pointless. Prove me wrong.

Like they do several times every thread? Sluts everywhere.

The game is CPU-bound.
Reducing the number of drawcalls reduces CPU load.
Reducing the number of materials reduces the number of drawcalls.

I guess they ask when I am not around

You're kind of right. You could always drag the original textures into Unity if you want to apply different shaders for certain materials.

if you only have 10 or so textures yeah

MERGE YOUR FUCKING MATERIALS YOU GODDAMN MONGOLOID

This was pretty cool.

just create an instance if a world you like and post the number, that's how /vrg/ gets together.

>Start up VRChat
>Join a couple random populated worlds
>Walk around a little
>Listen to people talk and go about in their little circles
>Get bored after about 20 minutes
>Quit
>Rinse and repeat each time

Maybe this just isn't for me

Apparently, time to find a VRfriend, that's when I'll lewd anyway

no we don't, don't come back

user, why would you want to prevent optimization and cause other anons to suffer? Chances are you're a desktop pleb given your disregard for the ideal, if thats truly the case I ask that you find a different, less social game.

That's because you're hanging with normies. Join a vrg meetup some time

>10
>literally ever needing more than 3
1 for main texture
1 for transparent pieces
1 for special

>kind of right
>not actually right in the slightest

>inb4 t. tupper

I made this avatar a doctor and been going around checking pulses and using a defib on afk players

Stencil Shaders are really easy to do, it's just 3 lines of code.

I love your cheeky shenanigans, m8

that's cute!

desktop user?

And what do you plan on doing to such a cute shota once you have him?

dont know if people would want something like this, but i made a simple mock up for a logo

this is the original if you wanna put filters on it

Would recommend clearing a few flags on your VRFriend and leveling up to VRfu. As fucking gay as it sounds, having someone you actually care about to lewd with regularly is really nice.

I like the idea but the image is too complex and in greyscale it's difficult to make out. Something like pic related with the headset on would be simpler and more in line with the iconography of both Yotsuba and VR marketing.

> weeb.jpg
> "Oh how hard can this be?"
> Long, painful journey, gave up couple times
> Finally have a functioning, satisfactory avatar for VRChat
> Desktop because poor
> Craptop
> Can't even have more than 20 FPS
> tfw wasted life

Pretty much what I was getting at, I'm sure I'll be as good at staying single in VR as I am irl though.

>tfw will never atlas

I'll look out for one then, thanks.
Yeah, but I can't imagine a headset would make much difference other than me moving props with my hands.

im sending your IP address to tupper right now. enjoy your ban

>a Frankenfran MMD model exists
>can't find it anywhere

being able to interact with other players and talk using body language is the majority of the fun I get from this game. I only use desktop mode to test out my maps and that mode is boring

You're much more expressive when you can move your head and hands around naturally, and people pick up on that quickly.

Now I wanna make a Yotsuba avatar
Is there a decent Yotsuba model out there?

Single irl for 10 years, took a month with VR before I found someone. Just don't sell yourself short or expect things to happen overnight.

Also keep in mind you may have to initiate, especially if they're mute.

You missed the golden period where the memes were at their height (and not just the knuckles).
There are still good times, just a bit harder to find.
Meetups are nice too as the other user said

My avatars are optimized other ways, I’m not ruining the quality of the avatar further by doing atlases.

where do you guys hang out? i want to test my MUSCLES KNUCKLES avatar :D

>Atlasing ruining the quality of anything
It's literally the least likely thing to be noticed because you have total control over what parts get more detail without any worry of other things messing up (like decimation and key frames)

never stop user
i've yet to see your act live but i'd imagine it'd be entertaining as hell

I notice

Not the guy, but when I didn't decimate my avatar in blender (which made it look like really scratchy and bad) the atlas was fine. When I didn't decimate in blender and tried the manual atlas, it completely fucked shit up. So I forwent the atlas and decimated in Unity, which barely fucked up the avatar at all, and lost maybe 1% of its smoothness even though my tris were at 40k. I support user's decision not to atlas because at least I'm too much of a brainlet and have wasted too much time on avatars

>tfw always too late to the party in everything

I get that feeling whenever I hang out at that movie night thingo
It's like I'm an outsider looking in

I have one avatar that's atlased down to three mats, has minimal dynamics, and a single mesh render. If the lag is bad I switch to it.

Otherwise it's not worth my time to atlas down 8 materials to three. Reduction from combining similar materials on CATS almost always brings it down to sub 10 anyway