>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

>tripfagging on the OP

Why are red spirits such faggots when they deal with territory covenants?
Had one dude attempt to kill me for a couple minutes, waste 2-3 of my estus, then dies 3 minutes later because he didn't understand 3v1's are hard.

>filtering tripcodes on Veeky Forums
>filtering tripcodes at all

post from last thread
but what about when I have to run away until help arrives? the amount of times the silvercat ring has saved me is just too many. maybe i could do without it but i think the obscuring ring is a must on this type of low hp cheese build

You're not going to link the flame, are you, user?

Fags that need to leave /dsg/.
>ds3fags
>pvpfags
>that one guy who wants to hang souls-girls

dsg should have died months ago
damn DaSR fucked it up

Sl 20 twink builds?

I need some help with the Untended Graves, anybody wanna swing by and help?
>SL73
>PS4
Just drop your sign by the bonfire.

>thought I got lodsa webm footage of me dunking on people with the Demon Fist WA
>fucking ReLive didn't save any of it

>finally get summoned as a blue
>it's a twink that spams utilities and chugs more flasks than the host has on him

fun

what's the best hex build for ds2
so far i have
>dark inf sunset staff
>fire longsword
>bino/large leather shield
>hexers hood + lionmage set
>2 dark orb + affinity
>40/30 int fth
>23 atn

So I'm not really enjoying DS3 so far. I started with DeS and I've beat DS1/2 multiple times. I think a change of weapon might help. The longsword is boring but I haven't found anything I like better yet. What should I aim for /dsg?

Swap out Young Dragon as your utility. Invade starting with Obscuring, then get a positional advantage on the host and his party. Get behind a corner, swap Obscuring out for Young Dragon, WA your staff and then CSS them in the back.

You can't play a mage like a regular melee invader, since the purpose of your build is to completely destroy a host and/or his phantom(s) in one or two casts. If you invade at post-Pontiff's or into a host who's Fingering himself, then you can do cat and mouse until a second invader shows up, then play support artillery with your spells.

Replaying 3 again made me realize something people rarely mention when they talk about why they like 2. The leveling cure and how much XP you get for killing the trash in the level.
Go from cathedral to AoA, which has a dev message saying you should do it AFTER gay princes, and the common enemies drop 300 souls. That's not enough to be worth killing EARLY game, shit the normal lothric knights give like 200 and the blue one gives 1.2k, the knights in lothric castle give way more as well and leveling costs ramp up so quickly that you would need to clear a single are completely multiple times just for a single level.

Just feels bad knowing how effective running past everything is that even if you did go out of your way to fight shit you wouldn't really gain anything from it, so the DS2 approach of ramping up the level costs later makes sense because even if enemies drop less souls it still give you more towards your next level

One of the greatest things about 1 was the fact that killing the stone knights was worth something, that going to cat land was worth something because you got souls to upgrade your character and gear with. Why did the series abandon this, why make everything focused only on combat, then go out of your way to remove every incentive a player would have to actually engage in anything other than boss fights?

also suggest me some good rings for hex/casters

Millwood knights are fucking stupid.

well, that sucks

The trash mobs in AoA presumably reward you with so little because of how early you can access it. If a player just jumps in from Cathedral and farm themselves a level advantage starting at SL30, then the rest of the game wouldn't exactly be challenging. The mobs are still annoyingly hard, but you're not going to make the rest of the base game easier for yourself outside of running for equipment.

And there are still worthwhile mobs to farm for souls, they're just at the Grand Archives and TRC proper.

That's a nice class speed run you have there, shame if something were to happen to it

Crown of the Iron King whenever you get it 100% the best headgear for any caster.
Infuse your longsword with dark, buff with dark weapon
Other than that nothing much, Dark Orb is among the best attunement to damage spells in the game, you can beef yourself up slightly with Dark Clutch and Pilgrims of the dark ring but you don't really need anything else, branch out with utility stuff

Dark Fog is pretty good because it doesn't poison you and poison damage ticks relatively fast in 2
Whispers of Despair is never bad, especially against the DLC bosses
Dark Hail for your shotgun but getting more damage out of it than just dark orb spam
Soul Gyser is hilarious against base game enemies and bosses, since you already have quite a bit of int and faith don't be afraid to grab the occasional heal/sorcery

Secret technique, repair + dark sanctum crossbow with dark clutch ring, strong attack will nuke things for more than it has any right to, but if you save DLCs for the end of the game there won't be that much to use it on

More like Mental *Trash*, amirite?

I don't want to hang Souls girls because I hate them. It's just an incredible turn-on.

Get the Claymore from High Wall.

I get that but it's not just AoA, the only enemies that are worth killing are in Lothric castle, even TRC proper most stuff gives less than just slaying the knights and their priests does.
I just don't get the point of making most common enemies annoying to fight while also giving you jack shit rewards for doing it, I could understand it if it was say just dogs that are shitty, a pain in the dick and give no souls, fair enough. But when everything from Roads of Sacrifice all the way up to Cathedral of the Deep/abyss watchers drops so little souls that you might as well not even bother, then why would you bother? The black knight gives like 800 souls and some of the non respawning enemies give a fair chunk but the 90% of the enemies for the entire first third of the game? Fucking nothing, why?

I can't stand dark souls 3 so i just quit. It wasn't worth it for me. Maxed out dark souls 1 and 2 on both xbox and PC but dark souls 3 just felt like utter shit even after forcing myself to play 20 hours.

Dark souls 1 and 2 are relatively dead on PC but they are still active on console. Everyone just seems to play 3 on PC god knows why.

>just felt like utter shit
can't give you an answer if you can't say what's actually wrong with it

>spams utilities
??

He probably means Divine Blessings and Siegbraus.

For some reason i dumped Ds3 at arround 28 hours without finishing it, last thing i killed being the dancer of the boreal valley
I kinda wanna get back to it but im more incited to just roll a new character, so im looking for a new build, PvE oriented at least until i get the hang of the game to do some PvP, what do you guys recommend me to build?

>answer

was there even a question in that comment. dark souls 3 is apretty trash game the only real eason i play it over 1 and 2 is because 1 and 2 are dead as fuck.

lots of twinks tend to CE in max stacks of everything from firebombs to dvines to ayyy weeds to resins

lifesteal

That looks kinda cool, what's causing the lifesteal? The weapon?

Not him, but are there other recommended lifesteal weapons beyond Sellswords? I already did that once. Maybe something Quality so I could also use the OWCS?
Rings, actually. The Pontiff Eye Rings boost attack as long as attack continues, and recovers blocks of health during that same period. The Old Wolf Curved Sword has the same innate effect, if you put it on your back.
Great weapon, actually, shatters poise like glass.

I gotchu senpai

This is really getting out of hand on PC. Family share was a huge fucking mistake for games like this.

>getting two shot from dagger swipes
>getting exploded in a mess of curse and debuffs
>twinks, twinks everywhere

These are two people I ran into today alone.

Looks like a jack of all trades, master of none
What's the core of this build, just use pyromancies, sorceries or miracles depending on the enemy's weakness?

Why are ultraweapons so unbalanced? When you take a hit you are going to take another which will eat more than half of your life and if you don't have ultra yourself you can't even trade since they will be immune to your poise damage and still hit you.
Whoever listed curved swords as S tier should neck himself.

Fucking finally

Think for a second about how slow they are.

Consider their range, there is no possibility for a fast weapon to come in range without them swinging second time already. They might be slow but they are safe as fuck and the enemy can still roll 100 times away and heal himself even if you hit him once

This for a second about how they cover a 360 degree arc.

The gimmick is to use nothing but spells that create weapons/objects to attack, with the mace as a backup weapons in case you run out of ashen estus.

Is Gael a good summon for Friede? Trying to do her a bit low level.

He's a good distraction, but his AI is braindead.

Yep, he comes at phase 2 tho so beware

Is 40/40 str/dex a good idea for level 120? It looks like I'd be doing more damage as 20/60 with a sharp weapon instead of refined.

fucking FINALLY. It took me TEN HOURS to finally beat this piece of shit. I went through all of my embers and died over 300 times but I finally killed him. Thanks for all of your tips, /dsg/, I nearly cried when I realized Gwyn's theme was playing by the end. I talked a lot of shit before but I think this may be one of my favorite boss fights now.

>SoC
>only +4 flask

wew lad

I am hoping to fight a PC-controlled Old Monk before the DeS servers go offline. Anyone interested in wrecking a scrub for a bit? US servers, SL 57, I'll be sitting around for a while. I never really got gud, so might be a last time to try some of your more inventive builds.

Is there any way to tell prior to triggering the cutscene that you'll be getting a PC Monk?

>20/60 sharp
Sharp's scaling dips between 60 and 40 then increases for the next 20 levels or so. You're better off comparing 40/40 to something like 10/70, or 40/50 to 10/80, or 40/60 to something like either 10/90 or 20/80, etc. Look at weapons like the lothric knight sword and astora greatsword.

So I cheesed Kalameet with that white smoke sorcery and I feel bad for it somehow

I'm a bit rusty but I'll make my way over there. I don't think there's any indication before the cutscene, only the invaded message after it.

>CampeĆ³n Gundyr

60 is a bad spot to stop on, anyway it depends on the weapon but generally a 40/40 has more usable weapons and a lot more weapons have better ar refined than 20/80 sharp, only weapons that start with good scaling in dex get a decent boost from sharp 20/80 otherwise 40/40 refined is better or only slightly inferior

next time just equip a FUGS or PUGS, get 35 something poise and become the boss

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. Should I link the flame? I know there's more shit to do but I'm unsure as to whether or not it'll throw me right into NG+ like the other games if I do.

10 hours? For that gimp? How much time did you take for the Nameless King then?

Rings, weapon on back and buff have the same function and stack

the weapon and one of the eye rings, but the healing ring isn't worth it, just use the weapon and the damage ring, and maybe the beacon buff for fun

just keep rolling you r-tard.
most they got is 4 swings in them, so roll, roll, roll and roll, then push their shit in.

Does this looks like a young Mick Jagger to you guys?
Also i still have absolutelly no idea to what roll, give me your best meme builds

Can the Twinaxes work well on a build like this?

>unironically think people who use cheat engine for loading in items are the worst kind of souls players and that their opinions no longer mean anything
>their face when they try to explain to my why they use it

Cool, thanks. Let me know if you're waiting. I haven't gotten any hit so far.

Not fast enough, you'll never proc stage 2

I can't believe they never had a fix for the summon/invasion still animation glitch. I remember playing the nip version early and thinking this would be like a day one patch fix.

I just realized I'm in NG+ and haven't cleared 3-1 yet, but my understanding is that I can put a sign down anywhere in Latria to have a chance at being summoned for Old Monk. I'm waiting now, so if you just hang out in 3-3 it should work eventually.

Who are the giants from the Tomb of Giants?

It's warranted sometimes.

probably the same race of giants as the ones who work in anor londo as sentinels
also, the blacksmith and gough

looks some what accurate but missing something
meme builds:
items only
main weapon is a great bow
wear kirks armor and roll into the enemy for damage, only level vig, vit, and end.

for just the damage, yeah

for the heals you won't be able to use the spin to win to get the full heal like you can with dancers I think, though it would be nice if someone posted evidence one way or the other

anyone got that roll pic for your build/weapons?

Rollski

thanks my dude
rollin

>with the amount of souls gained from farming giant skeletons I could have bought the crest, joined the forest dudes, bought the 'kumo, and still had a few left to pump up enough STR to 2H it
Going hollow, lads

What options do I have for this beyond Sellsword? Gotthard? I wanted to use this on a Quality so I could still use OWCS.

Could just go in the back way, no Crest

You have to kill Shiva for the kumo, he doesn't sell it. Better keep farming or just ask someone to give you one.

anyone wanna help me out and drop me a wolf ring on ds3 on pc?
I dont want to farm a dead covenant

rollan

Rolling, I'm looking forward for the suffering

ok so sorcerer, ashen estus only, dried finger, frostbite weapons only
greatshield left hand, great bow right hand

I'd do this if it was a console but user you can farm wolf blade grass and the covenant isn't dead

>got a first date tomorrow
>feeling anxious about it
>getting nervous and unsure if I even want to go

Feels like an obligation and I'd rather just play Souls and jerk off to Souls waifus the whole day to be quite honest. I bet she doesn't even play Souls. Sorry for blogfagging.

Is level 25 good for swamp invading or should I go up to 30?

I don't even have to guess to know who this is.
Don't subject her to your phone book of fetishes, no one deserves that.

fair enough but the drop rate is incredibly low
if there is no kind soul I have no choice obviously just thought I'd try
and it is dead for my soul level, I wanted to do a get all rings run and didnt realise there was another covenant with a ring reward
own fault honestly

But they're slaves, why would you build a tomb for slaves?

I found it a bit slow at SL33 +3 but I still got the ring within a few hours. That was on PS4 though, you'll probably be fine on PC if that's what you play on.
>tfw PS4 DS3 is soon to be deader than dead

Just don't tell her you want to see her gehanget.

twindaggers probably. try out charge too, especially with AGS (big numbers) and drang spears (probably don't, but MIGHT count as twice the hits)

okay I'll help you out, pass is dsg on high wall of lothric, bring me in as a red phantom

oh hey thanks a lot dude

I always forget about that ladder.

That sucks, I'm not one for killing NPC's unless it's Sirris.

Roll

>I could have
killing the skeletons gave you the souls to do that though. it's not one or the other. view it as a quota
and you can go to the forest via basin,
where the hydra is