/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Not Dead Yet Edition

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinNews/DevelopmentsArt CollectionSoundtrack

Zelda's cute smile!

HOOOOYYYYY!!

KEEEEeeeeEEEEEYYY

I WANT TO LOVE SIDON

Do you think checking a completed map for Breath of the Wild online is unfair? I feel like I'm not going to finish this game in my lifetime if I don't use a reference for some of this shit.

>BotW is a bad looking ga-

Unfair to who?
I give you permission to look up a guide.

I feel like I'm gonna finish this game too soon and I've been either walking, running or on horseback the entire time with no fast travel. I haven't referenced any online maps and haven't had trouble finding anything, what do you need a map for?

I don't know. I just have a bit of some sort of inferiority complex or something. I feel like less of a man for doing it.
I've been chipping away at the game for two weeks, and I'm about 50 or so shrines from doing them all. I feel as though most of the remaining ones are hidden, and I'm beginning to hit a slowdown in the speed at which I'm doing the shrines. I just got to the last province of the game and did the obvious stuff there, so I'm kind of stuck on what to do.

I'm at the point where people have stopped telling me to go to new provinces and I have to pick one to go to myself. I have 6 to choose from and can't decide where to go.

I'm stuck between continuing my anti-clockwise circle which started in Central Hyrule and went to Necluda, then Lanayru, Akkala and Death Mountain, or heading straight to Gerudo Desert.

>met Paya
And now I understand all the jokes I've seen.

even better if you can run it on CEMU at 4k/5k

>making a counter-clockwise circle around the map
I did the same thing and just ended up in Faron. I kind of regret not going to Faron earlier, but it was worth it for pushing of the Gerudo region until the end. Of course, I only did so because I hate sand. It's coarse, it's rough, and it gets everywhere.

-me. BotW is a bad looking game, I agree user.

Head straight for the Rito. The reward for completing their divine beast makes traveling rough terrain much easier, and you'll be able to get warm clothes so you can explore the Hebra region without suffering.

They're not jokes.
I want to worship her.

I would, but I just did Death Mountain 2 days ago and kind of want to space out the Divine Beasts a little. I did Lost Woods yesterday, so if I continue going anti-clockwise I will end up there very soon.

If you continue anticlockwise you'll have to either skip Hebra or find a way to mitigate extreme cold.
You'll need two sources of cold resistance to survive there rather than just the warm doublet

Not in this case, I feel like they went overboard on shit like Koroks and requiring you to find named locations for 100 percent. Just like Odyssey's 900 unrewarding moons. I don't think it's realistic to find everything in these games without at least some kind of hint system. Odyssey was kind enough to provide one... Breath of the Wild... tried, but their hint system costs money and isn't very good regardless.

>Zelda concert

>Finally have some financial stability in my life for the first time in forever
>Decide that this year I'm finally going to go to that Zelda concert because I've been wanting to for years
>Look up when the next performance near me will be

>Indefinite hiatus, no further performances planned.

>decide to check out the area behind Death Mountain a little
>White Maned Lynel, nothing else to see really
>suddenly familiar music begins playing
>look all around for signs of anything
>look down
This is handy. I think I need this guy's horns for the Shrine of Power or something, or for a chest upgrade.

I want Zelda to wear fancy dresses all the time

I want to wear Zelda's fancy dresses all the time

He also shows up consistently at night near the DLC Shrine at Tanagar Canyon.
This probably makes him the easiest dragon to farm, despite being the one who covers the greatest distance

>put on my best suit
>flew over and tried to land on his back
>get btfo and fall 100 feet
Next time I shoot a bomb arrow at his horns.

I don't think you actually can land on them.

I want Zelda to feel awkward mingling with stuffy nobles!

The dragons' entire bodies are hitboxes with a lot of knockback.
Trying to land on them will just bounce you away, possibly farther up or down the body, essentially stunlocking you until you happen to bounce fully off of the dragon.

That reminds me of something, user:
>Be me
>Grinding Farosh's horns for the Champion's Tunic
>Takes me forever to get to his spawn because of endless rain and a necessity to climb from where I started
>Finally make it
>Wait for morning
>5:00 AM
>Hear dragon theme
>Peepee hard as a rock
>Make updraft and fly up to him
>Fire at horn
>Miss
>Farosh counterattacks for one gorrilion damage
>Drop bow
>Fall in water
>Bow falls in water
>Repeat for 10 minutes for one shard
The other two were piss easy, too. This was bullshit all around.

Kaepora or Rauru for a rowlet nickname on pokemon sun? gonna pick one of those if male, Sheik if female

How did you consistently grind Naydra parts?
I only ever see her over water, too high up to reach, or flying around Mount Lanayru, and she never seems to show up at a consistent time of day.
I've mainly tried waiting on top of the Lanayru Road East Gate to hit her before she reaches Lanayru Promenade, but there have been times when I could wait several in game days without seeing her.

where did you grind

I actually waited at the spring of wisdom. I found surprisingly quickly that, at least when I did it, that Naydra circled up and around the mountain around 6:00. At 6:00, I jumped off a direction (north-northeast, I think, but that's a bit hazy) and found Naydra. Maybe I just got lucky, though.
Riola Spring, Spring of Wisdom, and the Eldin Great Skeleton.

best spot to grind Farosh is lake Hylia, use a camp fire for the morning and they come out of the lake not long after

Farosh is super easy to grind in the Gerudo Highlands.
She flies practically at ground level past the lost heroine statue's sword around noon

Definitely Kaepora

ty user, i figured Rauru bc its his human form but that works too

hoooly shit I just killed my first lynel
that was intense

post Toon Link/art containing Toon Link in this thread

Toon Link is for lewd.

I just finished the Trial of the Sword on master mode, marathoned through the whole thing in about 6 hours.

If you need any advice, ask me anything.

how

I am going to marry Riju!

I waited until I had about 20 weapon slots and roughly 25 heart containers + 3 stamina wheels.
Those fucking lizals on the beginning trials were horrible, I used the iron sledgehammer to put both of them into a stunlock to about 55% health, then used slowmo bow time to finish each off quickly, it used like 40 arrows though.

The elemental weapons made the biggest difference, 1-shotting mobs in some rooms helps save your better weapons for later.
Stasis+ is a must, don't go into any fight without it fully charged.
Spam bombs on blue bokoblins, don't waste durability on them.
I got about 6 ancient arrows on the final trial, SAVE THESE FOR THE GOLD MOBLINS, most people say to use them on the lynels, but you should kill the first lynel you see yourself so you can use that sweet lynel bow on the guardian rooms.

Stasis+ interrupts guardian beam charges, that's worth keeping in mind. Smart and constant use of stasis+ will get you through most of the hard rooms.

Make sure you get every fairy in those safe rooms, crouch and tilt the analog only slightly and they won't fly off.

Remember when the Legend of Zelda games used to be about Link's hunt for memes?

I was planning to attempt it today, at 13 hearts, two stamina wheels, but from what you said I better hold off. Got any guide vids I can watch?

No guides, just do it the way you think is best, the only real requirement is that you have enough weapon slots to pick up everything, otherwise you'll run out of weapons later on.

Good luck.

I'm going in completely blind. Did you ever use sneakstrikes? I'm pretty bad at them.

bump

fucked up if true

>Do all of the Beasts and 60+ shrines
>Probably on the tail of 150+ hours of play time
>STILL have the Iron Sledgehammer from the Stasis Trail
I'm bringing this shit to Calamity Ganon and you can't stop me

>The Iron Sledgehammer is badly damaged!

It's not even badly damaged. Then again, I'm saving it for the final hit on Ganon, so that may be why.

truly

>31
I assume you have the previous 30?

I have just over 500 shots in my Cemu folder at 1.5GB, but I think I have about 50 combined sunset and sunrise shots.

damn, I really need to start naming them

Do you not gather minerals ever?

I'd suggest also batch recompressing them to save space, looking at that one pic for example just recompressing even in a program like irfanview brought down the file size down a whole megabite.

Yeah. You don't need to use the Sledgehammer to mine, user.

But the sledgehammer breaks ores in one hit, and it's easily replaced. I don't want to waste all my other weapons hitting ores a bunch of times.

Use bombs silly

I could say the same thing about the Giant Boomerang, user. Not only that, but I usually grind Taluses instead. I'm bringing this meme weapon to the end of the game, user. You can't tell me otherwise.

Art style will always be able to trump technical specs, user

BOOM-BAM

Giant Boomerang is NOT a meme weapon!

Giant Boomerang is quite fun and despite the description, I found it easy to use.

I was talking about the Sledgehammer. The Giant Boomerang is my shit, user.

what jokes? she's adorable

the cobble crusher is basically iron hammer 2.0, works almost exactly the same with 2 more damage, although I'm not sure how the durability holds up it's still decent

I require plump pictures of Zelda bum.

Follow up question from last thread. If the armor inventory category has a limited number of slots, is there a way to sell or store armor so I can get other armors? Or is it possible to be completely incapable of gaining new armors at some point?
I was planning on collecting all armor in the game.

>I was planning on collecting all armor in the game.
You can't, not enough slots. You can sell armor however.

You get 10 pages of armor. You're good for collecting them all, you just can't go out and get 17 of each for color autism.

Five pages* my bad

Alright thanks. I only wanted to get one of every armor piece, not multiples. But if I do run out of space I'll just sell the armors I bought from stores.

bump

>King of the Red Lions forces Tetra to practice Curtsy while Link is off having fun risking his life
>She keeps fucking up making him more and more angrier

plump, you say?

here, have a page from my journal
you seem to need it more than I

This is incomplete, you can see Farosh around the Yiga Hideout as well, and I've seen Dinraal in Akkala

it is incomplete, i have not finished doing many things on my own time. have not looked at any guides, been making my own.

We are now enemies.

Indeedy

bump

Why wasn't Riju a male Gerudo struggling with leadership after the controversy over Ganon?

Because males aren't cute

Because this series is built on missed opportunities and sub par writing. There's so much interesting shit surrounding the series and tons of potential, but all the series ever wants to explore is Link and Zelda's shitty love story.

Cool concepts pop up, but we only ever get to look at them on the surface because they never get to be anything other than helpers or hindrances to Link's quest to save the princess.

Seriously, the best stories in Zelda games are the ones where there's no romantic tension between Link and Zelda, or better yet, there is no Zelda.

>Seriously, the best stories in Zelda games are the ones where there's no romantic tension between Link and Zelda, or better yet, there is no Zelda.
That reminds me of interesting shit in Majora's Mask. Like, remember the couple that was reunited right before the moon fell, and embraced eachother as the impending doom fell upon them? What about the girl at the ranch who let her younger sister drink from the milk bar, since she was going to die before she came of age? That's some tear-jerking shit.

>but all the series ever wants to explore is Link and Zelda's shitty love story.
That's only ever happened in SS and BotW. And it wasn't even the main focus in BotW, and neither was it forced down your throat unlike SS.

I guess "love story" was a bad way of putting it, but the story is worse when the lean into the romantic undertones.

I feel like the whole triforce trio story just isn't very interesting anymore. It peaked with Wind Waker. Twilight Princess was okay because the story shifted to Midna and the Twilight Realm. But then BOTW and SS was one really bad story and one really bland one because all they ever wanted to focus on was reuniting Link and Zelda.

Seriously, all the NPCs in that game felt like such after thoughts... like Banjo Kazooie NPCs that only exist to further you along on the quest to see Zelda again. So that game doesn't even have the added benefit of having interesting shit surrounding the triforce shit.