/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Dec 20] Luma3DS 9.0 commits several lingering tweaks, including open source modules into a new stable release. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

>Switch
[Jan 8] fail0verflow have announced shofEL2, a coldboot exploit for Nvidia Tegra. wololo.net/2018/01/08/fail0verflow-announce-coldboot-exploit-nintendo-switch-say-interesting-times-ahead/
[Jan 8] kgsws has released a homebrew launcher UI, which is compatible with Pegaswitch and therefore 3.0.0 only. wololo.net/2018/01/08/nintendo-switch-kgsws-releases-homebrew-launcher-gui/
[Jan 3] qlutoo has posted an image of a Homebrew launcher GUI. More info coming on February 1st. twitter.com/qlutoo/status/948690228763680768
[Jan 2] New product by Team Xecuter will hack "any Switch" and be "absolutely future-proof". There are no details for now, but it's probably a modchip. It's coming out this spring. team-xecuter.com/team-xecuter-coming-to-your-nintendo-switch-console
[Dec 28] plutoo, derrek and naehrwert held a lecture at 34c3. switchbrew.github.io/34c3-slides/

>Vita
[Dec 28] ReNpDrm and ReStore released. wololo.net/2017/12/28/restore-updated-to-beta-42/

>PS4
[Jan 8] Flatz has published a writeup concerning possible ways of installing and running custom packages regardless of firmware. wololo.net/2018/01/08/flatz-writeup-ps4-package-files-open-console-convenient-native-homebrews-piracy/

Other urls found in this thread:

psxhax.com/threads/snesstation-snes-emulator-port-for-ps4-4-05-by-nominus.3773/
github.com/SciresM/ncatool
psxhax.com/forums/ps4hen-pkgs.83/
psxhax.com/threads/ps4-hen-4-05-exploit-payload-webpage-no-pc-needed-ps4hen-is-lit.3549/
darksoftware.xyz/ps4hen/index.html
psxhax.com/threads/playable-teaser-p-t-ps4-game-dump-pkg-for-4-05-firmware.3484/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're taking so fucking long to dump more PS4 games, what the fuck. Even the Vita scene exploded when Vitamin was released.

>still no news about PS4Hen and piracy in the OP

A lot more people had hackable Vitas. PS4 scene won't get good until 5.x.

The Vita was hacked on release day and then hacked again several times for many years, and then it was hacked natively but the hack was too complicated so not a lot of people jumped in and then again after an year the Vita finally got an easy native hack so even more people jumped in. After that it took half a year for full piracy to finally hit the Vita, by then the scene was full of people who joined at many different times.

That is very different to the PS4 now. This is pretty much the first hack, or maybe the second iirc. There aren't many people involved yet but due to how successful and popular the PS4 is we won't have to wait until the end of the console's life span like with the Vita to finally get piracy, I mean, we already have it but it's limited to a firmware only a few have for now.

>only a few
It's not like the 1.76. Rumors were going on back when the 3.55 version was still up. If someone updated past that while knowing something could come up soon is absolutely responsible for missing this.

I updated because I heard it was confirmed there was an exploit that worked on 5.x, now I'm fucking screwed. I'm sure it will happen one day though but still.

5.x fucking when

What games would you even play? I can't even think of anything else other than maybe some weeb games. I'm interested on the PS2 emulator though since I can't run PCSX2 on my shitty laptop.

When Sony get their ass in gear and release 5.50 that fixes every hack.

>hackers waiting for sony to fix the hack so they can release it on the newer firmware
>sony never fixes the hack
>hackers never release it
psychological warfare

>Meanwhile in /hbg/
8.x when?

Some games off the top of my head

Uncharted 4
Bloodborne
Infamous
Utawarerumono
The Last Guardian
Yakuza 0
Yakuza 6 in two months
Horizon
Gravity Rush 2

>unsharted 4
really?
>Infamous
played it from ps+ and it's absolute garbage, have you played the ps3 ones? stick to them.
>horizon
shit taste

>the last guardian
>gravity rush 2
>utawarerumono
trash

>yakuza 0
>yakuza 6
>bloodborne
those are the only titles worth it

Back to /v/eddit retard

make me

PS4 guide when?

Fuck off retard

>oh no he talked shit of my weeb soneegger games
LOL

Most of the list can't even remotely be associated with the word weeb. Go back to your hatebox dumbo.

>gravity rush 2
>utawarerumono
>not weeb
kys yourself

>3 out of 9
>most

Nice strawman. Now show me where I said that most of the list was weeb games.

Now show me where I said that those three games weren't weeb.

>Complaining about the quality of your free pirated games
It's just shit that fills your hard drive and you'll probably never play anyway, so fuck off.

>free
>has to pay for the console
consoletards ladies and gentleman, when will they learn

Stop shitting up the thread already. You clearly don't belong here.

>Most of the list
I've got 4 out of 9 that can't be considered weeb. That's not even half, let alone most.

Define weeb.

>He didn't order from Amazon, claim it went missing then get a full refund
Hehe, you must possess but a fraction of my intellect, son.

What if they investigate and find it did arrive at your home

>a fraction of my intellect
I'm not a nigger like you so that's not possible.

Ah yes, the Amazon FBI, the true final boss of /hbg/.

They literally just need to ask the postal service and they'll do an internal investigation.

Don't be a fucking nigger and pay for your hardware.

Google it.

BASED DABPOSTER

Reminder 4.x never ever

I'm sure it's a false positive, haha

English imageboard, froggy

>pay for your hardware.

Fucking what?

Please keep reposting this every 2 hours, we didn't get it the first time

Can you read? The website has a bitcoin miner on it. Big deal? Activate your adblocker.

I recently updated my O3DS but now i can no longer connect to online servers and i keep getting the error 001-0502 when trying. Any advice?

Amazon takes a picture of where they delivered it now.

So where are people getting PS4 pkg's anyway? Also, does DLC work yet?

It's to do with your router/internet connection.

Delete the connection from settings, reboot your modem and try again.

SCIRESM I KNOW YOURE IN HERE

ITS BEEN MORE THAN 5 HOURS

WHERE IS MY TZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I've tried that 3 times already but nothing has changed. Thanks anyway.

Noobie question, I did arm9loader and homebrew and everything on my 3ds a year ago. If I just reset the console in order to sell it will that mess anything up? Can i still use the store and stuff now without having to update everything?

psxhax.com/threads/snesstation-snes-emulator-port-for-ps4-4-05-by-nominus.3773/
Snes on ps4 4.05

I'll be publically posting a usable version in ~2-3 weeks if the am sysmodule pwn isn't implemented by then -- my version relies on another exploit though....so I'd like to avoid burning it if possible. Hence the slight delay.

user I literally already publick'd ncatool: github.com/SciresM/ncatool

Can I enable showing my friends what I'm playing with the latest release of Luma3DS or will I get banned?

see u in 5 hours

>believing and/or trusting scrotum
lol

redditors never learn
they get fucked by moralfags every time, and every time they come back to suck their dicks

Can someone please explain this meme to me. ScowerM has been part of hbg for a while and has always said he (male) doesn't care what we do.

What do you hope to gain from shitting on him, chase him out of here too? Give the dude (male) credit, he hacks without asking for much attention.

The other hackers though are gay as hell.

So is there a guide on how to get PS4HEN running? Is it just a site like Henkaku was?

if you want to keep sucking moralfag dick, go right ahead, nobody's stopping you
just don't cry when you don't get anything out of it

There wouldn't happen to be a package manager on PS3, would there? Like PKGi or CIAngel? Easier than risking a ban to download legit games.

whats the easiest way to load a ton of gamecube and wii games on a wii? like what storage system and what app?

Haven't we gotten plenty from scires already?

Since libWUPC makes it extremely easy for any homebrew to connect with wiiu pro controller, I wanted to see if its possible to edit the latest cIOS to allow the wiiu pro controller to emulate a wii classic controller in wii games, or a sideways wiimote.
Has anyone messed with cIOS source code before? I literally have no idea what I'm doing. I was thinking of snooping around the d2x cios code even though I don't even know C.

Ok, so apparently PSNDL's pkgs are directly from Sony's server? I didn't realize that.

But then how come some PSN titles are missing from their database?

Is anyone working on a native CFW app that will allow direct downloading from PSNDL?

usb loader gx and nintendont.
use a good brand flash drive like Sandisk

Alright were are the PS4 games at?

where^

Check if your modem has DMZ and add your 3DS IP address to it.

>You're welcome

Also check your DNS settings.

N3DS 11.6 here, what options do I have if I don't want to buy a copy of Freaky Forms, Cubic Ninja or Powersaves?

Read the guide in the OP.

can I buy a ps4 pro with 4.05? or do they all come with newer fw?

they're all going to be newer, only the launch units were on 3.70 or whatever

psxhax.com/forums/ps4hen-pkgs.83/

Also why the fuck do these threads keep getting deleted? And why won't anyone update the OP

>internet connection failed
PS4 was a fucking mistake.

Oh so it's not just me. Sick.

It says everything is up and running and I always get a error at 89%.

Just use this DNS instead of that shitty program: 108.61.128.158

When is the real "Insert a flashdrive and hacked forever" shit coming out instead of this crappy webhost shit?

Yes
You're free to buy the title to get the link with a RAP for it, it is similar to freeshop and titlekeys in that way
No, don't be lazy

probably never ever, be glad that everyone uses webkit

>probably never ever
Time to sell this shit for some cash then.

WiiBackUpManager will let you transfer multiple Wii Games to a USB drive, just format it to FAT32, no need for WBFS, that way you can put more stuff on your USB like GC games
For GC Games put Nintendon't on your SD and use USB Loader GX to load them up, read the Nintendon't faq for putting your games on your USB, but it should be something like sd/games/whateveryouwant/game.iso
In case of multiple discs, use the same structure but the second disc should be named disc2.iso

How do I install them once I download the games?

psxhax.com/threads/ps4-hen-4-05-exploit-payload-webpage-no-pc-needed-ps4hen-is-lit.3549/
read

Thanks.

degenerate general

Hay bb

my 3ds is on whatever the fuck that shit in the OP is. my firmware is 11.4. safe to update?

No.

>furries with human feet
fucking gross

You're probably long gone, but you gotta realize that the hack only plays up to 4.05, so anything released in 2017 isnt going to work yet/. Besides Bloodborne, there's really nothing worth waiting on on ps4.

asshole

Better?

Much.

Gives me a ce-34704-8 error code.

is it possible to get the audio of a ps3 to play through the headphone jack of a dualshock 4 without homebrewing it only because my PS3 is a super slim? I can't buy any extra parts, either.

which part

When I click on a game to install off my USB. My HDD works fine since it is detected and has my saves, so it can't be that.

I'm assuming you can select the game in debug setting's pkg installer but it then throws the error after clicking on it?
So it's not like you have the pkg in the wrong directory (should be at the root of your USB).
Try resetting your PS4 and then rerunning the PS4Hen exploit/payload at darksoftware.xyz/ps4hen/index.html

If it still does this then maybe try a different pkg, since it could be a bad download/dump/usb issue. PT is pretty small psxhax.com/threads/playable-teaser-p-t-ps4-game-dump-pkg-for-4-05-firmware.3484/

I need some help. To make a long story short i borked my N3DS XL (i think) while trying to fix some unresponsive buttons. When i try to turn it on I'll see around 4 or 5 seconds of black screen before hearing a pop and the power goes off. when i hold start or select immediately after turning the power on the console shuts off instantly. My best guess is that for some reason the N3DS reading the SD properly so because of the cfw i have installed it just plain won't turn on. I'm 80% sure i never went through the CTRNAND Luma3DS process which would enable me to boot the system without my sd card in the slot

>I'm assuming you can select the game in debug setting's pkg installer but it then throws the error after clicking on it?
Yes. And it still doesn't work.