/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

CUTE >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Dec 7/2017: Shadows Die Twice teaser - youtube.com/watch?v=OAYhXKC0LJ8
-Dec 26-29: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png
-Jan 11/2018: Dark Souls 1 Remaster announced for PC, XBONE, PS4 and Switch, releasing May 25

>Helpful links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-AR calculations: pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking (Every Friday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus anytime someone wants to host):
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/ihd176b.jpg
-Pthumeru: 7hjhf43b
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

Bloodborne has been the inspiration for a lot of great memes, but which one is the best?

Hyperarmor crossbow lmao

I think that's a decent ARC pewpew strategy, Filth

8TH FOR SLURP DREGS

t.

I used the excel damage calculator and to account for the Tonitrus' buff and it seems to do much more damage with a cold abyssal. I just added 0.40 scaling from the buff to the 0.65 from the cold abyssal, and then added the buff's +70% bolt damage and +40 flat damage, all in addition to the two 21.5% nourishings.

Compared to the same setup (with same flat damage secondary effects) but with a 19.5% Rom gem instead of a cold abyssal, it says it would do 874 damage. I don't know exactly how the buff's +70% bolt damage would factor in multiplicatively with the Rom gem's +19.5% bolt damage though

MANLET OF KOS

We layer 3 now?

>saving pics of other anons' characters
B-baka!

Thanks A & N

>out of shape waning cold
What the fuck, man.
I know it's you making those cuck posts.

LAYER TWO REPORT
>no prelayer again haha
>red spoidahs claim funky in the first room
>loads of clerics who all dropped flowers
>long ass corridor with nothing in it
>bepis woke up before we got there but was kind enough to stand still for a backstab
>dead end ree
>pretty shite preboss
>2chainz claims both confederates on pretty much his first attack and then dies after a long as fuck battle where I'm pretty sure I've worked out how to beat him without dodging
onto layer three!

>no prelayer for the third time
Anyway, a cleric killed Funky, spiders just helped him.

Tell me when!
also are you new? haven't seen you before

Ringing now
And yes but I've been lurking for like a week

>freshies

I've been ringing for a while, let me reboot.

It ain't easy being the only one representin' for the hood.

I got a nice one, you ring now. Also for second phase just use BSE like me. It's safer and takes about the same time.

OK gimme a sec

What'd you get?

Turns out I fucking suck a fight games and DBFZ has left me salty, I need some warm, comfy /bbg/ coop. Anyone need some story coop? Maybe a spelunk?

Flat physical but with stamina curse so it's an improvement. Also I want to turn this off soon so I'm happy with an upgrade for now.

Guys I'm sorry I really have to go right now but if you're up to continue later I'll post ^^
-Alice

Accurate hitbox :^)

Spelunk day! Lower hintertomb hard mode (bl43 hosted) FR. Tried a sinister hard mode last time but it was too easy, hopefully Bullied Hintertombs will provide a challenge!

c5spy724
pass is rare, ringing now at first lamp.

Brother, I just got a Cold abyssal Arc Scaling +65 add physical, beasts down and I'll fucking TAKE IT

got 1, will wait 3 minutes then head out

You sure? Great, I'm fucking sleepy so I'll take off now.

Wait for two

yeah that's good enough for now m8.
I'm not overly autistic with farming.
Cheers.

>give Hunter name that is a reference to something else
>level him to 100
>name starts feeling a bit cringy

Should I delete?
What's the dumbest reason you have deleted a character /bbg/?

Don't even have lower hinter, forget it

Okay, thanks for the session. See you around.

>typo in the name or started disliking the name for some reason
>realize that 1 stat point could've been better allocated elsewhere
>build turned out to be boring
Embrace the autism and delet, user.

LAYER THREE REPORT
>uuh kind of forgot
>buddies both die to a guillotine on the way to the boss, then get wiped by boss as well
>I (having not died or restocked vials since we started) have an epic battle with HMPH elder finishing with 1/3rd hp and no vials left
>I have to break my clean streak BECAUSE THERE IS A LAYER FOUR

>100
Delete him yes. I’ve deleted several fully gemmed chars because I want to redistribute 1-2 points

>THERE IS A LAYER 4
I knew I didn't slip off the edge for nothing.

everyone with low BLT should do lower hintertomb if only to get the odd +20.1 flat blood ATK gem on L3. It can make your blunderbuss be devastatingly powerful at only 5 or 7 BLT (at least against NPC hunters.)

The Rom gem should add to the Bolt damage, so with 3 Nourishings the AR ends up being Blunt=408, Bolt=463, Total=871(+45) while with a Cold taking over the Radial would be Blunt=342, Bolt=505, Total=847(+45). Your damage output can change depending on enemy defenses but I would personally go with full Nourishings on that build

Layer 1 report:
>no pre
>got birb
>liking all the poison
>no pre
on L2 with a slot open, hearing a weird breathing sound

Laurence at fog if anyone is up for it. Pass bbg

Can wait for two.

Anyone wanna come farm some abyssal radials in camejqft?
I have to start at layer 1.
Pass bbg.
Any takers? it'll be fun.

Ringing.

Can anyone explain why is the gatekeeper for the Forbidden Woods is date after Hunter opens the door? How did he talk if he was dead?

LAYER FOUR REPORT
>NO PRELAYER AAAH
>lonely witch got bullied
>a team of harvard graduates clear up to the layer and then forget to pull it
>slimes try to dunk us but fail
>another bepis, one on every layer
>furfag guarding the boss room interrupts me torching the maiden
>boss was abho, mercilessly bullied by a bunch of naked madmen
thanks for coming guys!

Thanks for hosting, Chynn. First dungeon without pre layer bonus areas I've ever seen.

If you check his corpse you can clearly see that he is dead for weeks. I think they wanted to do some "spooky" shit with him, like his spirit was still bound to that place due to his loyality to Willem.

Layer 2 report:
>pre
>forgot bepis on L1. bretty forgentabel layer
>sleepy giant was snoozin
>2 witches, many madmen
>might have missed a door in main
>but no pre
>boss keeper, cornered and stabbed
onto L3 w/ a slot open

full

Thanks for the ride Al Pachynno. Like said, shame for those pre-lamp areas tbqh.

Is there a way to make BoM work decently on a 70arc build?

can anyone help me with Orphan so I can finally get rid of this saw spear? I'm pretty low level and almost all my points are in arcane so he's a real pain for me right now

Anyone feel like forming a gank squad in the Nightmare Frontier and have bbg anons + randoms come invade?
Just for the hell of it

Pass?

forgot to mention, pass is fucksaws, ringing at lamp

Sure user, pass?

Heading to farm abyssal radials if anyone's interested. Got Hibiki (thanks)
camejqft
currently at layer 3 lamp
Pass bbg

Layer 3 rep
>no pre
>trash loot all over the shop
>got a themed player 3
>npc hunters vermin'd
>t2 great deep sea in pre oddly enough
>Old Man Crossbow was only empowered by the haze
Onto l a y e r 4

Sure, pass?

haha yeah totally
I'm trying to get a buddy into bloodborne so I made this, I think it's pretty representative of what spelunks normally involve

Password will be gank
We can try doing group cosplays if we get another. Like all coneheads or confederates
Beckoning by the Silverbeast

n-not getting you, user
I haven't been cucked, have I?

>3 separate characters I have to run all the story chalices for and make a FRC

Should not have let them accumulate like this

Sounds fun I’ll come for a bit

Yeah you did unfortunately man
Me and Funk rekt Orphan like 2 minutes ago

Yeah I'd say that's pretty much the average spelunk minus a DUDE gank or two.

I left hintertombs for this
Go be a wizard, user, make me proud

Forgot to mention I’m drunk and I’ve not played in months

Come anyways!
No one has joined yet
I'm by the first Silverbeast in Frontier beckoning. Password is gank

Fuck it I'll come too.
Wait for me.

Ringing

well I mainly use tonitrus against kin and enemies weak to bolt anyway, so the more bolt damage the better. I'm pretty sure it works out to do more overall damage at 50 arc and 25 / 25 with one cold abyssal, since radials don't go up to 21.5% anyway. This makes it do a bit more AR, and it's a much higher proportion of bolt damage to physical. I heard that bigger damage rips through defenses much more efficiently than small amounts of damage, so that sounds excellent for enemies weak to bolt, like kin. The negative aspect is that beast blood pellets are less effective with the weapon.

Got one of y'all (The Doll)
Room for another
No invaders yet

Let's do it 1v1 too.
Summons first , then beckoner.

Gank Squad is formed!!
Come invade us guys. Nightmare Frontier
BL98 range
Also did that dude seriously have 779 HP??

Apparently so

I'm trying to join with one bell or the other but I keep getting invaded by Memegasm.

Kek that sucks man
Try to use Sinister since I got a full party now

Is it bad it made me think of Micolash?

>everyone with low BLT should do lower hintertomb if only to get the odd +20.1 flat blood ATK gem on L3
Where exactly on Layer 3? I'd like to see this

4 and final
>no pre
>tier 2 great lake in main
>pthoise'd
>bsb by the pit. i tried to poison him but i dont think it worked
thanks for coming jord and alba! I died like 3 times so that means it was way too easy.

Doin' it bby

No cage unfortunately, only an executioner's set and a chikage.

Gank lads got DONE

there is a bonus room up at the top of the dark ladder + bridge room within the main area of Lower Hintertomb L3. Inside, there are long shallow halls with columns and about 20 pthumerian putties patrolling around. Nearby some poison pots is a heavy bronze chest, containing a circle gem of +18, +19 or +20 flat blood. You can savescum before opening the chest to make sure you get the +20.1

I'm the user trying to platinum this game in 2018, just wanted to let you know I've beaten the motherfucking watchdog and now I'm trying to beat Amygdala. She doesn't seem as hard as the dog (which had predictable moves but the hurtboxes were insane) but her health bar is too big and does too much damage. The fights are becoming as funny as the main bosses ones, but I'm spending all of my resources too quickly and I'm afraid I might have to farm some stuff for the Yharnam fight

Thanks for hosting, Sucy. I would have used my twink, but I forgot to do Hintertombs on that character.

Honestly I’m not good at pvp

Uhhh anyone know what the invasion timer cooldown is?
This is the one thing DaS3 did right with the inclusion of dried fingers

Also GG Hibiki! Nice kill at the end there lol
Beckoning again

Neat, thanks user

Not against bbg maybe. But they're autists.
Practice makes perfect! It's just a game.

You can always do the jump cheese for Amy, and Yharnam herself aren’t really that hard, the other 2 before her are harder tbqhwy

Might be better to lamp out and back in to refresh each time.

You guys think Mergo: Middle would be more active for this?
Frontier seems pretty dead
True enough. Gonna do that after next invasion

True, it would be nice if more people invaded so I could get that practice.

That's basically what FC is for