/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

Continuing on 9 Edition

Previous Thread: This general is for discussing all shmups/STG (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Infinos Gaiden
store.steampowered.com/app/771070
>Touhou 16 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
store.steampowered.com/app/745880
>Sorcer Striker/Mahou Daisakusen (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/08/sorcer-striker-m2-shottriggers-release-announced-ps4
>Pawarumi
store.steampowered.com/app/610410
>Raiden V (PS4 and Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/570050
>Garegga M2 port (XBO)
m2stg.com/en/battle-garegga/xboxone/
>Sonic Wings 2/Aero Fighters 2
PS4, Xbox One, and Switch
>Super Hydorah
store.steampowered.com/app/628800

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Gundemoniums
platinedispositif.net/pd/gundemoniums/
>Ketsui M2 port (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194
>Earth Defense Force 4.1 Wing Diver
gematsu.com/2017/09/earth-defense-force-4-1-wing-diver-shooter-shoot-em-announced-ps4
>Blue Revolver Black Label Announced
bluerevolvergame.com/1year/

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

I was so close, /shmupg/. I was making a post and doing the captcha when the auto-updater said the thread was archived.

I lost the post I was making but the short version is that I play a lot of different genres, with the urge to play them coming and going. Currently I'm playing Super Mario World, Doom (2016), and Fire Emblem Fates Conquest, with a bit of Mike Tyson's Punch Out mixed in. So at the moment it's platforming, FPS, SRPG... and whatever Punch Out is.

It was page 9, was trying to bump too.

I saw it on Page 10, but I thought that I had time to make a post since it was only a half hour after the last one. I guess Veeky Forums is very fast tonight.

>Super Hydorah
Anyone actually give this a try? It doesn't LOOK bad but that doesn't really say anything about it

>Page 9
Not this time.

There seem to be a fair amount of multithreads.

Why don't you just play the free original? It's not bad, but there is absolutely nothing remarkable about the game. It's Gradius without all the things that make Gradius fun.

Any particular general or just all over the place?

Bahmpu~

Patchouli seems a little distraught for some reason.

because pets should be obedient and hers is not

>Black Label delayed

I canoe it was going to happen.

Hopefully it was to make it an even better experience, right? Just gotta stay positive!

Black label for what?

Blue Revolver I'm assuming.

Oh well. Plenty of games coming out in the next week and many more I still enjoy playing.

>caring about poo revolver

POST SCORE

*bbrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttt

>thinking i'd waste a second of my precious life playing a half ass cave clone poojin

cave is shit

you're already shit at cave why not be shit at poojin to?

Bump

Last bahmpu before bed~

Keep flying, /shmupg/

raizing games are shit

y dat?

>
rhythm and bmups

shit taste

t. rpg speedrunner tranny

would it surprise you that that technicolor ape is also jewish?

>watching evo japan on twitch

Christ fighting games are sunk since i was into it, street fighter v looks fucking wank.

stream some shmups, let's see your superplay

damn was going to play shmups but it's ggx time

What are the shortest PC shmups?

wat superplay?

Bump

re-bump

you wouldnt get out of bronze league anyway chav LUL

What does this have to do with player skills you tard? He was obviously talking about the quality of the games, and he is right. Modern fighting games are crap.

if youre a shitter youre not capable of talking about the quality of a game since you dont understand it, RETARD

do you go to IGN for shmup reviews too?

>if youre a shitter youre not capable of talking about the quality of a game
If you are not a complete retard you can tell if a game is good or not without playing it.

I don't have to play a game to see its art style, graphics, hear its music, and see the gameplay.

oh noes i can't sit in a room surrounded by chongs and shit apes playing a shite game what a travesty. Anytime you want some 3rd strike on fightcade let me know ;) pussy cunt.

I did not touch shmups about three weeks

bump

Why always the hair colors?

they fail to see the paradox of uniform individuality on top of being self loathing parasites that want special snowflake status but as they can't achieve anything they turn to things which require on effort ala hair colouring,piercings,twatoos,extreme views,degeneracy etc.

Bahmpu~

Hi shmupg, touhou player here. I'm trying to get into CAVE games, specifically Ketsui, but the lack of hitbox really fucks me up. So far I have managed to 1-ALL in Novice Black Label.

How do you guys deal playing without a hitbox?
Can you tell, and perhaps show me, where my hitbox is located on the orange helicopter?
Is there any way to make my hitbox more visible, via rom hacks or other means?

Thank you very much in advance.

play eoXD

>touhou player here.
fuck off you cunt

>but the lack of hitbox really fucks me up
yeah cus touhou is pleb shite and now you're fucked

>How do you guys deal playing without a hitbox?
we get good and learn to look qwhere it is on the sprite like all players before poohou wank dumbed it all down.

>where my hitbox is located on the orange helicopter?
tiny rectangle in the middle just south of the propeller join.

>Is there any way to make my hitbox more visible, via rom hacks or other means?
even asking this makes me want to punch you to death.

>doesn't use the word trash
Chav or the impostor learning?

>How do you guys deal playing without a hitbox?
You just kind of get used to it after playing a game for a while. Get a feel for what kills you and what doesn't. I started shmups with Touhou as well, though my favorite game was EoSD and I never really liked using the hitbox patch for it. I don't play Ketsui, but I know in terms of CAVE games, Mushihimesama and Deathsmiles both have visible hitboxes if you're interested in something like that.

Anyone planning to get Rival Megagun?

I love delusional arcade folk that think that Touhou is just waifus and no skill.

fuck off

The more you'll play, the more you'll get a feel for it.

well touhou cunts can't read either it seems as no one said anything of the sort, seems to me more of a owning up on your part, you also said yourself no hitbox visbile is harder so you do the math cock rag. Fuck i hate poohou scum.

Trying too hard, not even worth a (You)

Wow, why is everyone so mean here? I thought it was a good thing that I'm trying to convert to CAVE.

I really like the old games because the screen and bullet patterns are way easier to make out than something like DDP DKF imo. I can't into horizontal shmups but Mushi is interesting. Now I don't know if the screen is going to be as busy as DFK when I'll be ingame, but I'll check it out.

Thank you.

Thanks user. I guess I'll really have to play more.

There really isn't a way to play with a more visible hitbox, right? I really wanna p1cc Ketsui, it's so good. Guess I'll just have to get good.

meant to quote
and say to that I already did.

Visible hitbox shouldn't really be much of a problem after a while. Usually in games with visible hitbox you don't actually need it very often either.

not sure is Tenta Shooter worth ten bucks

Everyone here is really mean but they tell themselves it's part of the "charm" or "culture". Just be sure to call someone a faggot every time you post and you'll fit right in, faggot.

>in a few hours it's my birthday and I'm sitting here alone thinking about how to get better at dodging dots
FML

>why is everyone so mean here?
It's mainly just Cee, our resident chav. He can be very rude, but at least he is more creative with it than others. Just don't take him seriously.

>how to get better at dodging dots
be talented

That can't be it

Cee, do you usually bomb at the stage 6 worm, or not? I find it really hard sometimes to build up enough metre there to be able to bomb.

do you mean the whale before the carts? yes i did in my pb though i dont always, cancel the first bunch of shit then shiki the whale bomb and use the final few little ones to transition to the wolfmen before the carts.

>I thought it was a good thing that I'm trying to convert to CAVE.
what does that even mean? it's a choice in game not a religion, just play what you think is fun but don't bring that pleb shite before you've even tried to get used to no hitbox.

how old senpai?

also got knights of the round 1cc on hardest dips tonight, get in lads beatemups are the most fun i've had in ages gaming wise.

just check my stg archive run pretty sure i do it bomb strat in that.

Just use frame advance in MAME and ram into a bullet.

>cancel the first bunch of shit then shiki the whale
I see. Yes, that probably would be better, So far i always tried to build up metre on the little things to the left.

>how old senpai?
I turn 34 in about an hour. My life is basically over and my youth was a waste.

jeez

>So far i always tried to build up metre on the little things to the left.
Yeh bad idea do it on the whale.

>I turn 34 in about an hour. My life is basically over and my youth was a waste.
come on now 34 is still young, don't be such a pessimist.

Absolutely not. But don't take my word for it, try it yourself and get a refund.

Bump

fucking lol

stick kraut in the retirement home, he's fucking done

>but the lack of hitbox really fucks me
So pick a CAVE game that has a visible hitbox

I like the Double Action rename

Bumps

Time to find a second hobby? Dot dodging is great fun but it shouldn't be the only distraction in your life.

best shmup :)

I already have other hobbies. Thats not my problem...

I was so excited to finally play sine mora ex but it's too overwhelming. I should just stick to sprite based games

Happy birthday user

Happy bday

cute furball

Bahmpu~

>tfw crashed on 2-5 dfk to the final laser wheel
>tfw it was on novice

shmupg stop dying

b-bump