/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Upcoming DLC edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon Movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hsh2uK5r_ZU?t=365
monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Kaiser Alpha Armor Set
monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Kaiser Beta Armor Set
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hunter or Huntress???

What's the deal with GH and his Ex-wife that I've heard about?

First for MHW

First for you're a shitter and I'm the best

Teo will be the set everyone runs.

>all four bone lance models look identical

BRAVO CAPCOM

Fucking piece of shit developers

>giving your character a weak jaw

there's no better feeling than a perfectly timed gs true charge

Are sharpness+ and evasion+ in world or did they finally remove them because they were completely broken compared to every other armor skill?

>beats you

At least dreadqueen has nice gear...

If they brought back deviants as subs but not arts, do you think they would give them a similar weapon bonus (they made arts charge faster)?

Sessions are trash. When will they bring back proper matchmaking?

Not many huntress sets look as good as the male ones.

When in doubt, burn em out!

>2/3 shells from the last hunt
I'm going to get like 5 next hunt I bet

Huntress(hunter)

cringe

>Purple sharpness weapons out the wahoo in an HR game
OH NO NO NO NO

>inb4 attacked by shills and called nintentoddler etc.

Hunter.
>tfw you can't white out one eye to make it look like he only has one good eye

Gaijin "Triple pound and you're out" Hunter?

POST YOUR PALICO

>I don't know how the game works
You can bing bing wahoo all you want but don't spread misinformation

WHAT SKILLS DOES THE HORIZON ARMOR HAVE?

IS IT WORTH GRINDING TO HR6 TO GET THEM BEFORE THE EVENT EXPIRES?

Why is the Third fleet leader so gorgeous?

Why are Japs the only ones talking online? Are we the autists?

MONSTER HUNTER LANGUAGE SOUNDS TERRIBLE.
Also huntresses & hunters

Lads what armor isnt fucking bulky? I want some slim sleak armor.

Better than the English dub at least.

Is it wrong that I unironically want a dab gesture?

Lapalizzoo

Yes.

do monsters ever actually kill eachother? i was trying to bait anjanath to kill the giant jaggra but it never did

Can't play the new game. Is Dash Juice still in? Which monster gives out extracts, in case it is?

for mating press

Would you hunt alongside my hunter /mhg/?

post huntress

Anyone else kinda fucked with upgrading shit? Like i just got to coral highlands but i'm still using barroth weapons because none of the rare shit is dropping from Anjanath and i'm not getting the capture quest either.

Where are you niggas at armor/weapon wise and how did you get there?

>Now have two pages of pets
You have been catching your pokemon like a good little hunter, right?

How the fuck did they manage to make a worse giant monster fight than first/second gen holy shit

Reminder all LR armor sucks balls

Any /mhg/ squad that's willing to take me? I'd want to have some hunting bros reasy for when I jump into multiplayer.

i don't know what weapon path to go

What female voice sounds good? There's so many they all sound the same after awhile.

Most of the really cool looking sets are male (on female they just turn into bikinis) but female gets sick Zorah and Vaal Hazaak sets (male zorah is still arguably nicer than the female version, though). The meta set is going to be Teo or Teo+something, and the female design is much nicer but in execution they made it too thicc so you may want to compare those two.

Here's female Vaal
youtu.be/hsh2uK5r_ZU?t=365
kaiser (teo) alpha is a bit earlier in that video, I cannot find the beta version anywhere. Male kaiser here
monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Kaiser Alpha Armor Set
monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Kaiser Beta Armor Set

Also female almost always gets bikini armours in low and high that turn into cool trenchcoats or real armour in G rank, so there's a good chance female will pull out far ahead when we get that.

These weapon upgrade trees look pathetic. Please tell me more unlocks that isn't shown here.

Should I stick to impact or use elemental vials?

You might be able to make it look that way with well used heterochromy.

Rewards are too generous.
I don't see myself playing this hundreds of hours like previous games.
You would think Capcom would be doing the opposite, specially if they want people to pay their micro-transactions.
Seems like they can't do anything right.

All of them

Are the dualweeb swords any good? They seem fun in the training room but I don't want to waste resources on them

i think it leaves 1 hp, saw a barroth and jotaro fight each other and i killed barroth with a single poke of a lance.

Hub where?

So it's not just me? I have two pieces of bone and the rest of it and the monster armor so far seems pointless.

I tried. You can't get rid of the pupil.

Rewards are more generous than ever and equipment is cheap as shit. Why have fucking 9000 Jagras hunting Investigations when you can make all the G. Jagras shit with 3-4 kills?

decent dps, id wait til you can get a blue sharpness one because they run out so fast

Why are the faces so fucking ugly?

Anyone? help a bro out please

MY only legit complaint about this game is the fact things are autocombined in your inventory when you pick them up. Who thought this was a good idea? I want honey you niggers

>Haven´t played with another person yet, and probably won´t do it unitl i finish the game and everything else

Please tell me i am not the only one doing this.

I've used them exclusively so far and I'm doing just fine in low rank. Your sharpness is fine.

Disable it in the Crafting List menu you mong

>Jotaro

So is this new perk system just clown suits the game or do the set bonuses get better?

LR armour is never very good, most experienced players know to just find the piece that gives the most points in attack for each slot and mix them to get as much attack as possible. It's even worse in World because each piece only has one point and full sets always have points in five different skills and there's no slots at all, so I highly recommend doing that (looking for pieces that give attack or critical eye and combining them).

you can turn that off you fucking retard, maybe dont skip every tutorial popup and come complain here like a fucking dipshit

I've only now reached Barroth because my autistic ass NEEDS to get EVERY armor, no exception.
But I have time and patience so whatever.

>Finish all rank 1 quests.
>Optional quests rank 1 "Completed!" sticker is orange and yellow now, instead of Blue/LightBlue. I assume this means I've done ALL of them.
>Make sure I keep up with the villager quests, dart to every exclamation point I see.
>Enter Rank 3 by killing Pukei.
>Rank 2 is still just a blue "Completed!"

Are they going to give me more rank 2 quests even though I'm in rank 3 or what?

>jotaro
NOW HOL' UP
IS THAT
A FUCKING

MHW(PC) honts soon! Yipee!

Been playing since MH3U

MHW is objectively the best in the series.

I sure hope so, there's not much happening online right now.

Alrighty, I have a atk up and hp up at the moment, i'll try get those thanks.

You can capture a monster instead of killing it in normal hunting quests you noob

are you a neet?

The latter. Full sets also get more points in each skill in high rank and slots and decorations become a thing. They did the same thing as 4U and dumbed down low rank (even more than 4U did though) to ease new players into the game, but high rank is pretty normal apart from the new way that skills work in general (each point is a level instead of each piece having partial levels with the same skill spread across more pieces of a full set).

>All these Vespoids
F O R W H A T P U R P O S E

>Trying to get Diablos armor for HR
>5 runs and a fucking FANG won't drop

Honestly anything other than shepherd hare is a waste of space.

>he hasn't played F2/U
The only thing about pre-Tri MH that wasn't perfect was the janky Hunting Horns.

>be fucking around on a 2-star quest, exploring
>find the pond with the huge fish so I start attacking them
>suddenly a huge shadow is blocking the sun
>wut
>turn up to the cliff behind me
>suddenly there's a massive Anjanath leaping down onto me

I managed to escape, but holy shit, the chain of events were so perfect it felt like a cutscene.

finally hit HR, been playing almost nonstop since midnight last night. I've been doing sidequests and investigations liberally. that pukei pukei was fucking strong but the shakas that happened to appear kept paralyzing it over and over.

I don't know what to do next.

AIMED ((((SOON)))

Can you keep the falseflagging on /v/ please?

No, been playing since I came home from work. Gotten so far in the mere 7 hours I've been off already. My head hurts a bit.

jesus this is Gens/XX allover again

G Rank when?

WE WILL NOT TOLERATE INFESTATION

I love that this is a feature. I'll catch 'em all in eight to eleven months :^)

4wcx347ZC8eA for mhg squad invites

do those boop snakes in coral town go in the pot? because i cant fucking catch them and i dont know how

once the PC comes out. So maybe in 9 months.

I've been running about the fucking rotten vale for like a fucking hour; the hell do I do? I can't figure out how to get deeper into the vale, all my entrances are blocked off. I've been in here so long the fucking Great Girros has respawned.

Can you change hair after character creation?

Gen/XX didn't even have free or random hunts.

Not a clue, sorry. I just killed Barroth for the first time earlier. Been having a lot of fun taking my time exploring and helping in sos quests.

They need to add Low and High rank first.