/arena/ - Arena FPS General

qt edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Q:C News: New patch released, includes capsule-shaped hitboxes and hitreg fixes. Anarkids on suicide watch.

Patch notes here: bethesda.net/community/topic/186034/patch-notes-early-access-update-25-01-18

Last thread >Tutorials
youtube.com/watch?v=SSNNhUAVRuA
youtube.com/watch?v=gpir6ZZKmcM
youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=dkED2PSrl1c

>Q:C custom weapon skin showcase, complete with dual wield:
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play Q:C
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme
youtube.com/watch?v=dZMsn2cQzMI
a.uploadimmo.co/SjM.mp3
a.uploadimmo.co/9Ky.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=9Qi8TeDsrzY
my.mixtape.moe/crqzoo.webm
my.mixtape.moe/sxpvhx.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

crash a best
when's crash, timmyboy? hunter can wait

SHHH! Timmy is sleeping!

cute

>60 hours played
>never played doomguy
>he's apparently my "favorite champion"

Is it realistic to have 51% rail acc in this patch? If not - I'm fucking disconnect from all fucking RUS servers.

So the 'low HP' sounds are:

Ranger: Breaths.
Visor: Moan.
Nyx: Sexy moan.
Slash: Sexy moan.
Galena: Breaths.
Doomguy: ...
BJ: AAAAAAAAAHHHHH.
Sorlag: Scalie AAAAAAAAHHHH.

How is everyone else?

WHY HAVE YOU BEEN FUCKING HIDING TIM.
SCARED TO TALK TO YOUR PLAYERBASE TIM?
CHICKENSHIT MANLET

i had 52 a couple games ago

elder gods are trying to tell you something

knowyourmeme com/photos/1303572-darkest-dungeon
>Darkest Dungeon has so quality memes and fan art
>quaktards have nothing because FPS is a genre for brainlets

sigh

hitting 2 out of 3 rails is fairly realistic even, I wouldn't bat an eye at 65%

is he retarded or what

I feel like you're just baiting to fill up your folder

DD has an excellent plague doctor waifu but I don't know if she's better waifu material than lightning-wielding amazonian.

is it possible to see accuracy with each weapon in a given match in qc?
i think it's not and that's tardo

Have a (You)

Makin' Momma proud

i want to show off my incredible nads but OBS slows the game down
still need muh replays

they said they're going to fix that

this is the story of QC. Most of this game is absolutely retarded- BUT DON'T WORRY! We know it's retarded and we're correcting everything. Patch history proves it.

It's kinda weird, I really like the game for the most part and I'm having fun but at the same time there are a million little things that are completely retarded

shadowplay

>Burial chamber: How I have zero confidence in the developer behind Quake Champions
>Two teams of four spawn in a map called Burial chamber
>Blue Team spawns on the High ground. Next to the Rocket Launcher, Mega, and Heavy Armor, Super Shotgun, and a small pile of health globes
>Red team spawns on the low ground, next to the Heavy Machine Gun, a small run to the Lightning Gun(no ammo boxes), and a jump pad to launch yourself suicidally up to the Blue Team, or run up the long ramp as a target in a shooting gallery
>Blue team is awarded at least a 3 kill advantage
>Respawns are favored towards your own team. So expect to die, respawn, and be in the same situation you started in, at the very bottom of the map next to the HMG and a jump pad, ready to die.
>The only way this oversight could come about is GROSS NEGLIGENCE ON BEHALF OF the developer.

>there are a million little things that are completely retarded
At least they are ironing them out and you can see and feel it

AMD card

yeah they're moving in the right direction albeit slowly. still "early access," i'm hopeful honestly.

>reposting this meme
burial chamber is rail heaven especially with new hitboxes, in that situation your team can control the rocket/rail which is one of the most important areas of the map.

>brainless doom runs straight at me
>shotgun him
>"ns"
is that really a "nice shot"?

Is it me or is the shotgun kinda fucky? Sometimes I'll gib the fuck in two shots and other times it feels like puffs of smoke are coming out of the barrels

I was thinking the same thing, does it have fixed spread?

Replay Buffer with OBS at 720p 6000kbs, record the last 60 seconds.
That's what I do.
You can even make an overlay that will be captured along with your video so you can show off your keyboard and mouse movements.
Example: youtube.com/watch?v=dZMsn2cQzMI

A patch ago that first rock would have done like 43

This was last patch.

Well shit

>clutch doesn't go all shodan when he has low health
filthy human coders

Fuck - this could be awesome if he starts doing random spastic jittery responses (but slightly backgrounded so you'll still be able to catch some audio clues around)

Stop it dummy

forgot the pic

Only in Duel

Slash: a.uploadimmo.co/SjM.mp3

Nyx: a.uploadimmo.co/9Ky.mp3

we NEED possibility of ripping models from the game

The more I play sacrifice the more I realize it's just a bad game mode.
>completely antithetical to aFPS, you don't want to kill the other team unless your obelisk has the soul
>completely antithetical to quake, item control and kills don't matter unless you have the soul
>Even if you do have the soul, it's better to just camp as a team and collect shards, nearby globes, and weapons the enemy brings you
>unlike TDM, 1 terrible player on your team will kill your entire team
>unlike TDM, 1 great player turn the game around

Regardless of how skilled two teams can be, it never goes beyond sniping the soul with something like a clutch shield, racing the soul across the map, and then camping your own obelisk.

Why do you think they're pushing 2v2 TDM as the next meme esports mode
Sac was a mistake. Most pros that played it don't actually like the mode

sac was a huge waste of resources and time
it's cool to have more modes, but sac is garbage
it feels like they wanted to appeal to masses by making it a dumbed down version of ctf, where you don't have to split your team into offense and defense, instead you either do one or the other
but also tried to appeal to long time fans by acting as if it was ctf, when really it's not
thankfully, they're just going to replace it with 2v2s, and hopefully they'll just design maps in mind with certain modes, rather than having to appeal to dm/tdm/sac

>but also tried to appeal to long time fans by acting as if it was ctf, when really it's not
It was in QL in an altered form, called Harvester
Nobody cared about it then, either
youtube.com/watch?v=9Qi8TeDsrzY

Sac is fucking trash. They should have just done CTF and been done with it.
$650,000 mistake.
Would have been so much more cost effective to just make come CTF maps and held way more players in the player base.

Sac is shit, and they just wouldn't admit to it.

I thought it was a joke when they add the silent protagonist passive for Doomguy but it actually is a benefit to not speak, You have no idea how low he is.

On the surface Sacrifice doesn't seem that bad- if you're over the initial hump of being a noob and not know what the fuck is going on, there's a thrill in the first time you dunk a soul.

But when you go beyond that, it turns crud

Which renderer do you guys prefer to make your Quack 1 grafics look nice, Tenebrae or Darkplaces?

Software looks nicest AKA no texture filting
I use Quakespasm without animation or enemy movement smoothing and with square particles for SP stuff

GOD DAMMIT I NEED MY VOICED R34 POV WEBMS
NOW
IT'S NOT OFTEN THAT I POP A BONER LIKE THAT FROM AUDIO ALONE

>VOICED R34 POV WEBMS
With Ranger getting a BJ.

my.mixtape.moe/crqzoo.webm

There was an attempt

do better

You can turn off texture filtering in the GL renderers too.

Patricians use GL_NEAREST_MIPMAP_LINEAR though

Nyx's New costume set

does that come with a cutout for a plug, and a plug tail?

my.mixtape.moe/sxpvhx.webm

>everybody is playing sacrifice to only do rune challenges
>every sacrifice match sucks
Why can't nu-id do anything right?

rune challenges are not updating for me, are they updating for anybody else?
Do they come after delay or is everything lost for some reason?

Anarki's base HP increasing each time he injects is such bad game design it's hilarious.

Why are they trying to force it so hard, like whose original idea was it and why can't he let it go? Especially when duel round is max 5 min but sacrifice round is max 60 min having ability that gives bonus over time doesn't just make sense.

Fucking nice!

Hunter and F2P when IDsoft?

They should double everyone's hp and armor and weapon damage.

They can't fine tune HP-values at the moment. 100 -> 75 hp is such a massive percentage change it's insane.

I made a post about this exactly, except the value was 5x.
It was purely for the sake of finetuning details, and being able to tweak things on a minute scale.
I ended up getting some quakedad "IMMA QUAKE MAP MAKER HURDUR" debating me that the game's weapons were already balanced.

Very simple concept.

100hp-->500HP
7LG Damage-->35 Damage
100 Direct rocket-->500 Damage
Effectively nothing about the game changes, just the values are 5x larger. And this allows very small swings in scale when it comes to balance.
But no, every quake dad wants to come around and tell me how fucking wrong I am about everything.

Where's that webm of every pellet from the shotgun missing Doomguy by two cunt-hairs? I went through my whole folder and can't find it.

You should still use interpolated movement with modern resolutions, enemies jittering around isn't that bad at 640x480 but at 1920x1080 there's noticeable gaps where they teleport to and fro.

probably next quakecon

Because there's no point to it, all you're doing is inflating numbers like a JRPG.

best game

after I did all the challenges I still need to deal with this kinda shit...
what were they thinking?

>falling for the rune meme

>78fps
>playing on toaster
SAD

>75 refresh rate monitor
>having more than 75 fps

not enjoying the game on 1440p@144hz with everything on high/ultra...
what are you? poor?

yes

It's not inflating numbers. It's allowing fine tuning.

Larger numbers are easier to fine tune than smaller numbers because it allows small tweaks to be made instead of massive swings from small adjustments.

An adjustment of 25 HP at 500 hp scale vs 100 HP scale is vastly smaller swing, and it keeps nice neat rounded numbers.

There are fractions. And 5x is way too much. Much of the reactions you get might be from everything being inflated by 5x instead of 2x.

25 is only a rounded number when using 100 as the baseline, because most people can easily figure out what a quarter of 100 is due to currency sharing the same system.

>anarki even on the list
>doom higher than ranger
You are shitter

REPOSTAN NEW TIER LIST - IF YOU DISAGREE YOU'RE A SHITTER EDITION
>A+ Tier
Nyx
>A Tier
Slash
>A- Tier
Sorlag
Anarki
Doom Slayer
>B+ Tier
Keel
Ranger
>B Tier
Visor
Clutch
>B- Tier
Galena
BJ Blazkowicz
Scalebearer

Doom Slayer is still great

>>B Tier
>Clutch

Doom Slayer never got JUSTed. Double Jump is still as amazing as it ever was, and last patch gave him a bit more range on Berserk. Still fucking solid

subjective opinions backed by:

>subjective opinions
As opposed to what, objective ones?
Argue against these tiers instead of trying to be a smartass and failing

no, sonny jim
you made the claim, you need to back it up

It's my experience playing and watching high level Duels. How the fuck am I going to type this up in a manner so as to turn it into a point
Even rearranging the tier list would be better than doing what you're trying to do now, which is discrediting the list because...It's someone's opinion, I guess?

>I'm right because I say so
When you state something, it is your job to back up your statement.

It's my experience playing. What do you want, a study with graphs?
How am I to put to words why Nyx is better than Slash other than saying that I see it dominate in Duel far more than other champions?

For you to argue and back up your statements. If you think something is A or B tier, you should say why it is. Because you play the game is not an argument.

>How am I to put to words why Nyx is better than Slash
Way more options to get to items without taking items, for example blood run heavy armor or bridge to rail. Even elite duelers manage to fail jump to rail as slash sometimes, never with nyx.
You can hear slash way easier than nyx.
Ghostwalk is just retarded "extra life" from deadly damage that lets you play time, also because stacks are so small coming out of ghostwalk just gives you stupid advantage if your opponent doesn't know you are there.
Walljump lets you make dodges that you can't do as slash.

HUNH