/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

everyone is too busy playing to make a new general edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon Movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

You don't need Blue Mushrooms to craft potions anymore

WHY ARE JAPS THE ONLY ONES WHO TALK

Can someone tell me about investigations? I see they can only be done a specific number of times.

Is there any reason not to do them right away? Can I get more or better drops or something?

abject heresy

>Waiting for my GL to cooldown in front of a sleeping Radobaan
Well this is awkward

>calling that nip speech "talking"

>try bow
>all this dodgin and shootin
>fire a barrel that drops a lot of spiked balls

how do i level up armor skills, like for example if i want more health from the bone helmet, do i need more armor pieces with health boost? or just upgrade it with armor spheres

Gunlance, switch axe, or insect glaives

where the fuck do I find these herbivore eggs

MonHanGen Hub Code: 4wcx347ZC8eA

Join up this room and I'll invite you to our squad. It's more than half full! Get in here!

What's the difference between an investigation and a normal quest, and why do investigations give me 8 different listings to hunt the same monster

Anyone know what the yellow fang is for the Girros Weapon II?

The fact that its such a hassle to co-op the Story Missions is making a few of my friends start to consider quitting already.

Fuck me.

Is it possible to make a character that doesn't look shit in cutscenes? I really liked how my character looked in the creator, but as soon as those facial animations got going it just looked weird.

Holy shit tobi is way stronger than I thought he would be

Randomly generated quests with special parameters and different monsters. The bronze gold and silver are extra rewards.

Are these character animations lip sync'd to any of the languages?

When do you unlock your room?

I just beat the pink dinosaur,but there's a little cat that says I can't access my room yet.

who /fuckedUpCharacterCreation/ here?

>speed through creation thinking I can change/tweak everything whenever I want later on
>you can only change hairstyle and tattoos
>don't want to reroll since I'm 15 hours in

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You should have had your room accessed from the start?

Thats weird.

No

Even if you get a character that looks fine a some cutscenes, inevitably they'll look like shit in others.

Lips are weird imo, they look great in cc but as you said when you're ingame you can look like a retard

Does anyone know how to stop research levels from going down? Do I upgrade my research somehow or get it past a certain level?

Yeah, the devs really fuck up the online this time, normies won't be too happy

Rate, hate, salivate.

Get fucked waifushitters.

POO IN LOO

Is there a reason the botanical research center isn't letting me make specific things like flash bugs and sleep herbs

WE

Your room is on the first floor, in a ship next to the command center.

new york hooker/10

Only played for like 2 hours, already called to hunt an Ajanath.

This game is so fucking easy. It's pretty disgusting.

Also
>you got story in my MonHun

I wanna die.

Creating a man in this game is actually uncommon

I'm a poorfag and have never played a MH game but this game looks fun. Should I buy it full price?

I think after it passes the 1/3 marker, it won't fall lower than that.

this is the meanest gif ive seen in a long time

Just got "The Best Kind of Quest".

When the fuck does the game stop with this and I get to do regular Gathering Hall quests and not this shitposting storymode faggotry.

that poor dog

On second thought, i can live with the shitty heterochromia

gotta upgrade it. i assume.

>When the fuck does the game stop with this and I get to do regular Gathering Hall quests and not this shitposting storymode faggotry.

So after fighting a legiana for 30 minutes only to have it fly away(and it 1shot me 3 times) I'm about ready to stop cucking myself with a bow

Should I just dark souls it with a greatsword ?

Seriously this is such a fucked up mess of a progression system; it needs to fucking stop.

so what exactly are these "crowns" for each monster?

Seriously, getting real tired of all the cutscenes. Especially because YOU CAN'T SKIP THEM

Make up your minds.

That's hot, I like it.

I chuckled.

Aaaaaaaaaaa I want to fuck Third Fleet Master while she goes over her books and generally pays me no heed!

just reroll, user. youre gonna spend hundreds of hours in this game and its only going to nag at you every time you think about it

Small and Big size.

her feet are exposed too

Did I do OK?

So is the normal thing with Long Sword to get to max charge then do that jump up and drop, animetastic attack?

I just want that achievement for completing a hunt online on Xbone...

These Palicos are entirely too adorable.

cute but her eye's are shit and her earlobes look huge

>Killed a Radobaan
>Wew that was fun
>Go looking for Girros
>It's another fucking Radobaan
aaaaaaaaa

>URGENT
>>URGENT
>>>URGENT
>>>>URGENT

Where do I get Warped Bones?

Kinda boring, but I wouldn't say it's ugly in any way.

If you were going for a terrified 10 year old boy, you did great.

Is the hammer easy modo?

Because it feels like easy modo

Or is that the WESTERN CASUL INFLUENCE?

is it dead on xbox?

What are you guys the most disappointed with in this game?

Since it's my first MH I can't compare it to others but for me it's the Arja that's supposed to be hyperagressive but still retreats when wounded, speaking of which, can that shit stop? It's okay if they retreat to their lair for phase 2 but what the fuck is up with running around the map 4 times and having to run after them

When do you get capes? I wanna glide around like a god damn flying squirrel like I did in the beta.

lmao ears aren't even an option user

Everything about scoutflies.

difficulty
lack of content
dumbed down

every weapon is easy mode

ear's still look like shit

Can you change armor colors in world? I can't find the option for it in the house

can I get the leaked armor pics? I want to see what to look forward to because so far all the armors look like shit

Die you degenerate waifufags.

WHERE ARE THE REAL FUCKING HUNTS

Someone start one for Xbox >_

No one's in the hub place, unless that place is only for your squad. Also no SOS'

Green flies that block my view so I get hit by poison goop. Also the just generally being pretty easy.

How fucking difficult it is to play co op with friends.

SHOULD I SELL AMMO IF I DON'T WANT TO USE GUNS

>get into an 1cart investigation
>"meh its just Anjanath what could go wrong?"
>mfw

Most of the early game feels chill as fuck, even hunted the faggot anja in the first expedition no problem. But Tobi and Anja still can get a little spiky when you get accostumed to hunting stuff like kulu and barroth in the beginning.

I'm having a blast with this game, so much shit to do even at low rank. How's the game treating you all folks?

>Used longsword in Tri
>Decide to use CB
>The literal instant I ground stun a monster long enough to get SAED off on it or god forbid I actually aim and time it correctly the fight is pretty much over
>It spends the rest of the fight being comboed to death with charged double slashes and condensed element slashes before getting SAED again

Is this going to be the rest of the game? I just beat the lightning lizard.

Nice, all 4 Xbox MH players together at last.

where do you get the samurai layered armor?

how reliable is the S.O.S. feature, is it gated behind cutscenes as well?

Being pretty fun and comfy as shit.

That's how I died too.

>People say this game is easy
>Get to Tobi-Kadachi
>He fucking runs all over me
I've been through 3u and 4u's g rank and gen's deviants but he is ridiculously scary what the fuck. I carted 2 times, had to abandon, and carted two more times before I killed him.

>tfw got oneshot by his jump attack

Bowguns suck dick. Wyvern shots do like 60 damage max when I can do 60 damage in one combo with any medium weapon. Posting a webm of 4 fags trapping and spamming specials on a monster isn't going to convince me otherwise

easy for getting PUGs. Difficult as balls for getting friends in.

yep pretty much

suck my cock autist

Pretty much every weapon has been significantly buffed in moveset and possibly a little in damage.

im seeing 200+ lel

>Trying to give advice to a streamer that's completely new at the game
>They start talking about how clunky the game is and I'm trying to explain how it's literally the least clunky it's ever been

About to fight Radobaan
Which Lance should I bother making? I'm having a hard time coming up with ingredients

>it's a fucking retards don't use a microphone during co-op for greater coordination and killing the monsters faster episode

eat the elemental resist meal at camp and use water weapons. go down quick

Tobi is the first monster that isn't insultingly easy desu, and I think that's mainly due to the fact that I didn't already hunt him 20 times in the beta

>have zero motivation to do anything cause I just wanna play world
>won't have the game for another couple days most likely
AAAAAAAAAAAH