/bdog/The MMORPG Black Desert

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an Korean MMORPG developed by Pearl Abyss. It features non-tab targeted action combat, p2w rng mechanics, zerg pvp, infinite grinding and a sudo sandbox experience.

>Latest NA/EU Patch Notes
community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?forums/patch-notes.5/

>Latest KR News
invenglobal.com/blackdesertonline

>Guilds
NA: Sardine, Baka, Inner_Circle
Eu: Pettanco

>/BDOG/ Discord
discord.gg/ETsNjaW

>Useful Links, Guides, Guilds & Info
pastebin.com/3kJqJSPZ

>NewFAQs
Read the pastebin, Ctrl+F, jfgi before posting.
Many guests passes are available for those that wish to try the game for 7 days.
Don't buy the game through Steam, get it through the website.

Previous Thread :

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/Vjp6Ocg.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for shyfus

can I be your shyfu user?

What a cutie.

T-this is what I expected you to say but I tried ;_;

Post cute Tamers!!!!

Post cute mystics

>stutterpost

>post cute tamers
>doesnt post a tamer
Cmon user, I wanna see

whats under the dress?

I didn't even know tamers got such cute boots with their santa outfit. Why can't mystics get all the cute things tamers have?

Nothing

Does the Mystic Noel not come with the same boots?

Nope ;_; they have heels, like most of their outfits so far. Mystics don't really have any cute shoes yet

I hate the heel thing. They should really remove heels when you aren't wearing heela

show me

dark elf MOMMY!!!

when is the game gonna ditch the snowfall and cold breath?

Hey baby hands, hows your day going?

Are you still around?

about the same time that it ditches the pay 2 win, absurd grindwalls, dev controlled marketplace, adds autolooting as a base ability without needing to buy pets, buffs ninja, and nerds wizard/witch/warriors
so basically never
realisticly, probably once winter is over, so late february or march

>absurd grindwalls
I can think of at least 3 games where I hated the grind more than BDO.

I don't mind the grind in bdo
I mind when my grind yields no results because of rng.

If they didn't patch out any reason to level past 60 it'd be a bit better. But changing skill levels to cap out at 60 was a dumb idea, nothing to work for level wise.
When I eventually hit 62 I'll feel nothing

Your character had the second worst proportions in this general

It's just a regular vag texture, user.

Im literally just hinting that I want to see the character nude, I know you can do it

First!

>ywn take oothier's giant futa dong

Yep

Good I get to stay happy.

nasty skin color
nasty body
sad!

I'm always around

i.imgur.com/Vjp6Ocg.jpg
STICC

I wanted to make this pic awhile ago but forgot

I don't get it

>tfw you will never lose the duel to defend your spot and instead of being finished off you end up being raped and humiliated

Samefag

>realistic female armor
pic related

they want to kill the naked girl, but the naked girl is actually 61 since you'd probably buy cashshop stuff to cover up your boss gear

and the other two are noobs thinking they can just take someone on because the other person is naked, and they are in default gear

Ah
Okay

I just want someone to Teaching Feeling me and headpat me into submission until I follow anything they say

>nice outfit the game let me try up
>outfits are like $25 each locked to one chracter
WTF is this shit?

Typical Mmo workings

Stuff that doesn't happen.

The only reason I fish is because I secretly want to be captured by a boat and taken out to sea to be someone's personal cocksleeve

I got $10 what can it get me?

A single pet, you need at least 4 to properly loot as you grind

A different game

Where do I go from here with gear outside of boss armor? Should I smash accessories together or save up money to buy/preorder them? Ignore the Duo offhand, I've gotten 2 31 stacks trying to get it up and just need a few sharps to hopefully get Tri.

Get tri accessories, I'd enchant it personally to save failstacks for boss armor.
Then just start grinding a lot of silver and shards.
Do NV everyday and get that boss armor/weapons.
Aim for Dandy and Bhegs first

Dandes are usually like 210m on the NV right? Gonna have to start farming and saving before I use up all my energy.

will do

Price on NV varies I got mine for 100mil I think
But yeah save up like 300mil before you start throwing energy at NV.

Try to buy all the shards that pop up into it as well. They will help

aieee jex bawlo

Jeg sbarro??

JADDE ESBARRO?

do u no de wey jek sbarro?

So why is everyone so dead? with all these players in one spot You think you see some life but all they do is standing still and skill.

Because when you hit level 60 there's no reason to actively grind. Life skill in makes you more silver.
The only reason to not afk is if you need skill points or are doing a node war.

dear god it's like RS

RS at least has PvE content outside of grinding.

The more I play this gam for free the more I find there nothing to do but afk:/ is there any big Pve?

Don't you dare smash any accessories together without first securing boss armor/weapons.
Enhancing should go;
>weapons
>armor
>accessories
In that order.

No, this is a 95% PvP focused game with some extra activities ranging from constant action required to completely afk. The problem is the PvP is gated off behind at least 2 months of farming.

People like to say that its all afk but if you want to interact with the game there are things you can do.

Well you have to be able to get them first, I figured in the meantime I should work on accessories. Things like Mark of Shadow aren't that expensive and a Duo is better than Asulas

This armor's actually cool as shit and it was free.

>95% pvp

kinda like guildwars2?

No cause gw2 has more pve content

why the fuck am I playing this game then

For the character creator.

It's the best armor for warriors.
better than all the p2w stuff.

you don't have to reply to yourself

Because there's like two action MMOs and Tera is on its way out.

Practicool as fuck. Literally the only flaw is the rubber helmet piece, but that's a game limitation more than anything.

I ain't woke yet.

Guild Wars 2 is fun

wait a minute buddy, what?
like shut down servers out or devs don't give a shit so nobody is playing out? i can't find /terag/

Devs being fuckheads. /terag/ is still "alive" but the thread dies a lot.

Damn , people on leddit leakin shit again.

No shit. That's why the game has a half-life of like a year.

The games population is dying fast.
They still make content but the developer has mainly shifted focus to their new game AIR( Ascent Infinite Realm) which sadly is not an action game. But it's published by Kakao just like BDO :D

Where does it come from?

Main questline iirc. I got it doing that at least, dunno if it was a sidequest or part of the main quest.

kakao in my language means pooped

BDO has been dying since day one because of the rampant cashgrabbing pay 2 win bullshit that is STILL in the game. This game could be saved if they did the following:

Removed pets completely added autoloot as a basic function. Or if you are really so much of an autist as to want pets, make them available IN FUCKING GAME AND NOT THROUGH A CASH SHOP.
Nerf Wizard, Warrior and Witch, these three have been stunningly, ridiculously, stupidly overpowered ever since their awakening came out.
Remove fucking costumes giving XP buffs or any other gameplay advantage.
Remove inventory/weight upgrade shit from the cash shop and just give everyone a baseline amount of inventory and weight.
Add a way to get Artisan Memories in game and NOT THROUGH A FUCKING CASH SHOP.
Rehaul the entire enhancement system, removing degradation, chances to fail, and failstacking completely and replacing it with a streamlined system that requires X amount of Y to upgrade a piece of equipment, period. Basically forced enhancement, as long as the god damn artisan memories are obtainable in game, durability damage won't be as big a pain in the ass.
Adjust PvP scaling to make it less gear dependent. I'm not saying it shouldn't matter, but at NO POINT should a player near your level be able to instantly knock you down and 2 hit you because they pulled out mommies credit card.
Lastly and most importantly:
FIX THE FUCKING MEMORY LEAKS AND SHITTY OPTIMIZATION. This shit has been in the game since day 1; worse looking games run far better because like most korean trash, it has absolutely zero fucking optimization. Also, get rid of the built in bitcoin miner.

Of course, I know this is all a pipe dream and will never happen, but I fucking love the base combat in the game, and wish it was not handcuffed to so much complete bullshit and corporate jewbaggery. Fuck.

where's the upboat button?

TERA has been a dead ass game for a long time. I recently tried going back to it and the population was like a fifth of what I remember it being a few years ago, maybe even less. Probably not too surprising given its age but still. Also the animation locks on every attack is horrendous. Even the speedy, cancel-heavy classes over there feel like you're moving through mud when compared to just about any class in BDO.

The only reason that game is still "alive" (and I'm using that term loosely here) is because of all the literal neckbeard manchildren pedophiles who don't want to let go of their precious Elin characters. If that race didn't exist, I'm pretty sure the servers would have shut down years ago.

Basically all that stuff was promised for the NA version of the game. That was the reason it was buy to play instead of free to play. But over time it just became more and more like the Korean version. In cash shop shit and in difficulty. The game used to have a steeper exp curve and stronger enemies as well as more drastic weather options

The developers admitted a long time ago Elin were the reason for their success

>Removed pets completely added autoloot as a basic function. Or if you are really so much of an autist as to want pets, make them available IN FUCKING GAME AND NOT THROUGH A CASH SHOP.
kys
>Nerf Wizard, Warrior and Witch, these three have been stunningly, ridiculously, stupidly overpowered ever since their awakening came out.
I agree that those could use a rework/nerf.
>Remove fucking costumes giving XP buffs or any other gameplay advantage.
kys
>Remove inventory/weight upgrade shit from the cash shop and just give everyone a baseline amount of inventory and weight.
kys
>Add a way to get Artisan Memories in game and NOT THROUGH A FUCKING CASH SHOP.
There is one, it's called LOYALTY SHOP you fucking retard. Though I do agree that 400 loyalty fora single one is too much. They should drop it down to 200.
>Rehaul the entire enhancement system, removing degradation, chances to fail, and failstacking completely and replacing it with a streamlined system that requires X amount of Y to upgrade a piece of equipment, period. Basically forced enhancement, as long as the god damn artisan memories are obtainable in game, durability damage won't be as big a pain in the ass.
The only thing they should do is fix the memory frags/ancient relics droprate. Also kys.
>Adjust PvP scaling to make it less gear dependent. I'm not saying it shouldn't matter, but at NO POINT should a player near your level be able to instantly knock you down and 2 hit you because they pulled out mommies credit card.
kys
>FIX THE FUCKING MEMORY LEAKS AND SHITTY OPTIMIZATION
>expecting Koreans to know how to code
kys

Ok the game is shit and the AI arent even hard never mind they dont do damage

Hold on let me run this through my 'dumbshit faggot translator.

Here we go: "I'm a pay to winning retard who shelled out $300 to make a single character viable, and continue to drip feed these shitty devs with micropayments in the form of value packs and other cash shop nonsense, because I am a weak willed retarded nigger with no sense of morality or common decency. I am probably also too blind to realize that this is the case, and am instead defending draconian jew money grubbing tactics out of a flawed attempt to subconsciously justify my extravagant expenses on this terrible, shitty game."

I think the translator hit the nail on the head.

They do damage after level 56 but you should still never die