/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

Games
>Shin Megami Tensei V - Switch, TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=YLSrGiiy95U
>Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux - 3DS, Out in Japan, Western release May 15th
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA
>Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation - Mobile, Out in Japan, Western release TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=2V6mJStJH1U
>Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night - PS4, Vita, Japanese release May 24th, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=sIkHWzT5Iv4
>Persona 5 Dancing Star Night - PS4, Vita, Japanese release May 24th, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=VueiR2a_lDY
>Catherine Full Body - PS4, Vita, Japanese release - Winter 2018, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=OejarinH0xo
>Project Re:Fantasy - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=reYl4RUpF_M

>Starter Guide
i.imgur.com/PRKpcPh.png

>Tips and Tricks
pastebin.com/1V9AUMNb

>Art books, Soundtracks, Manuals, and other Media
pastebin.com/f55EcBb6

>Fan Translations, Patches, Games, etc.
pastebin.com/WAcnMB5J

>Scripts, Sounds, and other Resources
pastebin.com/aCsjkMd5

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended Reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

First for MOMMY.

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN CLAIMED BY THE MOST RADICAL ALIGNMENT

This is a cycle of LAW

It had to be remade.

It's time.

chaos brainlets out

Let's all remember to have fun!

Man i am so saddened!

Kaneko is one of the best artists to ever grace earth, you may not like his style but he truly is an unique artist whose imagination and ability to interpretate a demon description and give it shape, inserting his own touch is really unpararelled

And the worst part is that he could still work on new demons designs but he wont do it because he wants the new generation to take over.

And that makes me more sad! Because he was at his peak! SJ was the last game he worked on and the Demonica is one of the best pieces of armor in media! Then there are his demon designs, even tough SJ didnt do so well the likes of Bugaboo, Demonee-ho, Ashera, Mastema made their appereances and quickly became fan favorites which goes to show that Kaneko didnt lost his touch even one bit!

Kazuma Kaneko....PLEASE COME BACK TO US FOR SMT V!

SMT is dead

He's still here. He just ain't listening.

yay

Is this me-go from deviantart?

>those labels
Did Ben Garrison draw that?

He's right to quit at the top of his game and let others make their own marks on the franchise. It's just unfortunate that they haven't been able to yet.

Bored, going to dump some high quality scans for some demons.

Please tell me you have a Merkabah one.

For all your high quality Mastema needs.

Ah, thank you kindly for this! I know someone who could use such a handsome image of a handsome devil... I meant to say angel!

this good, or do you mean the original art from SMTIV?

I wish it had an even higher res but thank you very much. And by original art is that the kind of bizarre version that looks like a sketch? I don't think I've ever seen a quality version of it before so post it if you can.

Sorry user, that is the highest quality scan I believe. I'll go see if I can find the original version, that's the redrawn version Doi did for IV:A.

Kaneko didn't do too many new demon designs for Strange Journey but fuck, the few he did do are just stellar. I'm happy he got to return with this art in IV and IV:A.

>some
why not all?

What does Kaneko do nowadays?

I think V will be too different, even with Persona vibes and completely new style with new artists.

Probably sits back and rakes in the sweet sweet cash from all the licensing. And I think he's technically still at Atlus as a supervisor of sorts.

>“Devil Summoner” series title produced by another company.
you voted for that one right guys?
man, can't wait Raidou Ga Gotoku: Ishin

asherah plz

He's still a prominent part of the Atlus team but he mostly is just a overseer. He is the only employee there who has been there since SMTI. He is sort of stuck in awkward place, he still loves and cares deeply about SMT but has come to realize that it is time to pass the series on to a new team. For SMTIV he wrote the initial plot draft, a story about an order of Samurai and Tokyo being underground, and sort of just lest the mostly new employees to make something of it. He still cares about the series but he knows it is time to let new people work on the series.

>implying a new Devil Summoner game would be Raidou
>implying it wouldn't be Geirin Kuzunoha

Here user (^:

I somehow misread interpretate as impregnate.

>implying the next Devil Summoner won't be Action genre

So you misinterpreted it

Hey, you got "the stuff?" You know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about lewd Astaroth

And here's the real deal. Definitely his most popular design from SJ, I guess everyone agrees, giant naked striped women are great.

How can you incorrectly impregnate someone?

Sorry user, no lewds on me. Have this art of him from Megami Tensei II as compensation.

OH YEAH, NOW MY SUBORDINATES ARE REALLY GETTING RESTLESS! I'm gonna go choke my Mara now

>Definitely his most popular design from SJ

No, that'd be the demonica. Or Mastema.

Oh shit, I do have one lewd it seems. Hope you like demon butt holes.

>ywn be penetrated by a rectangular demon cock in your rectangular anus
why even live

I was talking in terms of demons but yeah, Mastema is definitely #1 though.

>For SMTIV he wrote the initial plot draft, a story about an order of Samurai and Tokyo being underground, and sort of just lest the mostly new employees to make something of it.
You can't give me a proper source for this. I dare you.

IT's just a mistranslation that has persisted since the days of the SMTIV announcement.

Is it? well sorry then, I thought he was involved in the original drafts.

Found him. He appears in ch.4

Dx2 looks like THIS?

>that fucking face
Fuck Christ. Did whoever do the art just not care?

haha is this even real

I like the quirky expressions desu

He's gonna design the new devil trigger for DMC5

No idea who that is. Just searched SMT characters and muscle just to see what kind of ridiculous art exists.

Deviantart didn't disappoint! I even found two Atsuro ones!

5% rate is still stupid.

Those rolls looks like they attached to the remaining haircut

5% seems like a blessing compared to .5%. Now that I think about it, maybe that was their plan: to stir up a bit of controversy and then fix it, while getting cred for fixing it at the same time.

yo i dont need critical eye if i also have smile charge right

That's ten times the old rate.

cute bobo

As an update to a previous comment/question I made, they definitely changed the way sub-apps work. I blew all of my money on subapps to test it, and had all 12 that I bought active at once so I'm assuming there's no limit. That feels like it would be a gigantic balance change

drawing faces and heads are hard this was the only example of something that isn't just line eyes i just mostly start with a circle for a head anyway

It's just some kind of gacha tickets thingy though,

Critical eye is better offensively since the crit can proc a smirk. Smile charge does have the benefit of removing your weakness though, so it's up to you.

Oh, a hunter...

These designs are garbage.

Damn, I forgot to post another one of my favorites earlier, Morax. I don't know exactly why but ever since I saw him in SJ his design was just so striking to me. If anyone has a better resolution version of his art please share. This one is decent but he deserves better.

Also while hunting for a better scan I found this interesting piece from Kaneko about him designing Morax.
>"Take, for example, the demon ‘Morax’, which appears for the first time in Strange Journey. This will become a bit of a maniac story, but this demon belongs to the group of demons called “The 72 Demons of King Solomon”. Morax is responsible for the movement of heavenly bodies and, if it is summoned by a magician, it’s able to inform one about astronomy in great detail. For this demon there is the rule that it has the head of an bull and a human body. When I am wondering how to express this, I first think about the bull head, but because there already exist other demons with such head, it would be logical to first make a selection of bulls that didn’t look similar to the ones that already have appeared throughout the series. The head I chose for Morax was one from a bison. Then, thinking about its in-depth knowledge of the movement of heavenly bodies, I wonder how to express such a thing. This time I tried to appeal to the deep psyche of the player by having [Morax] hold a cane, which has a celestial globe to move the sun and moon on top of it. This is the type of feeling I have when I’m designing the demons."

In a way I sort of wish Bugaboo would return, it's such a great design, but I guess Kaneko designed him specifically for Strange Journey and it's meant to feel special there.

>no limit on sub-apps
Hoo boy.

>95% for 4*
Pretty sure thats some kind of one use ticket

Don't forget Bogaboo and Bagaboo

Damn, how could I forget WORLD'S #1 MOM?

Pretty disgraceful.

Maya is my wife!

If she's YOUR wife and MY big sis...what does that make us?

Really fucking gay.

Siblings in law

test

>Bring more MAWKAH next time

stepping out of comfort zone?

>tfw this will never get localized

any other pics like that?

why did i listen to the user who said to start with nocturne

>new dragon ball game has social links
Too bad it only has 2 playable females and they're both robots

If you had started with FES you'd still be in the tutorial with zero battles fought

>no Arale
Who would even play such garbage

I hate weebs so fucking much.