steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

Mechwarrior Living Legends:
clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Heavy Gear Assault:
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

Have No Fear In Your New Fafnir:
mwomercs.com/fafnir

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Some of the MWO Models and Cockpits:
gamemodels3d.com/games/mechwarrior/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=308&l=1d1b6e751d4e8e5003f2fe55bff0c2540c116835
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=308&l=29d98925f2b6a64f8e04e2b41b8584618c316f46
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=308&l=fab7be461e834545fc05aa396fb1dae2d8347eaa
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=308&l=896ec3ad6b7efd826f6e8ffe585bc516a65a2df1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for FUCK GAUSS

>he doesn't have the fish

Will you protect me?

>he doesn't have a kong dong

Please stop making these threads. Thank you in advance.

I like the SCR-Prime, but is it any good?

Will it be good?

Yes, it's why it wasn't allowed in scouting.

It'll be nice to have a Clan heavy with ballistic options, and the LRM100 one will likely get the attention of some boaters, but beyond that who knows.

It's good, fast as fuck, lots of hard points and lots of free space to compensate for being slightly large+no armor quirks

>65t Stormcrow
>but less weapon hardpoints
Could be good, but will probably be ass unless it has some quirks. Clan lasers/missiles are all pretty flawed, and ballistics are buggy. Maybe it'll do Gauss Vomit?

70 tons, and yeah, it should be able to do gauss reasonably well.

The D can mount dual goose with 6t of ammo, and the A 'should' too if I'm reading the crit layout properly. I'm personally wondering if the D will have the space to mount LBX20s

How many days until FREEEEEE Roughneck and Sun Bug?

Kong !
Stong !!

I had one of those...

Soon™

The only thing I don't like about it is that most of the weapons are in the arms. Should I be swapping out omnipods?

You can fit 3L and 3M into the torso and head, perfectly fine for asym with 2 HLL + 5/6 ERML or your typical 4ASRM6 with 5 small lasers (or 3 Small Lasers and 2 Flamers, or what have you). You can also do 12 ERSL and be a larger, fatter, faster Nova with more heat sinks but these days I prefer mixed SRM bombing, Clan lasers are in a bad place.

I have never felt threatened by a stormcrow in my entire time playing mwo, unless I was in a slow light and my ecm suddenly started being disrupted by something.

Just like the nova, a significant portion of its payload are carried in the arms, which can be blown off instantly. They always charge at me like they think they are going to accomplish something, then wind up with their wings clipped, ready to die.

Never understood why people pushed it as a "good" mech. I mean it dumpsters bad players easily, but you should build a mech to compete against high threat players, not bad ones. Its way too fragile for close work, which is what its supposed to excell at.

>best streak boat in the game
>solid mpl boat
>solid laser boat
>one of the fastest srm brawlers in the game, especially for its weight
>used to be the definitive pinpoint 72 damage assfucker before spls got fucked
>can also gauss vomit if that's what you want
It's the most flexible omni in the game and does everything either well or better than well. Only the ERSL build is arms heavy, most have the best guns in torso. Even then, you can dead side for vom if that's your thing too.

Anything worth buying on this Hero mech sale?

Which Heroes are on sale? I can't log in right now to check, and the site doesn't say.

All Hero mechs are on sale except for the following:

Arctic Cheetah
Cougar
Jenner IIC
Mist Lynx
Hunchback IIC
Ice Ferret
Shadowcat
Uziel
Ebon Jaguar
Hellbringer
Maddog
Orion IIC
Annihilator
Executioner
Gargoyle
Highlander IIC
Deathstrike

pity bump

Thanks. I got the Partisan.

Railguns in MAV are nuts. The only thing balancing them is ammo count and the fact they are fucking gigantic.

is the Kaiju and Butterbee good?

I am considering a Kaiju as well...

So the ERPPCs were so heavy it fell over?

bamp

Wow, you managed to understand the joke. I like you, you can fuck my Atlass

I will, but it has to be a FAT ATTLAS.

Wait, why is the Raven such a pansy with two ERPPCs which weight 14 tons for IS guns, when a Urbie can handle a 12 tons autocannon and weights five tons less? Does it have... weak knees?

Ignore this post. It's AUTISM!

Mechs are gay. I wish I could play with tanks or planes in mech games.

Living Legends is for you then m8

What said. You can have fun with the like, 12 people still playing it among empty servers that can handle hundreds and hundreds...

>here, there is your game
>is dead BTW
t-Thanks monkey pawn!

Too bad!

Other options:

Arma 3 Lost Dragons mod
Mech Assault 2
Battlefield 2142

So the free camera is a nice addition.

What game is that, and is it a lot of fun?

Ive been wanting to buy this forever now. Huge fan of chrome hounds, and ever since this game was announced I've been following it. Should I just pull the trigger already?

I'd say so. The patch that just game out made the FPS tolerable for once. There's a ton to enjoy about the game it was just ruined before by performance.

Filename M8

Living legends has at least 1-2 full servers going all the time, and at high time its like 4 or more lol. However, it does have satisfying air combat and getting kills with the long tom vehicle is erection worthy. I get on it every now n then, because it scratches itches you just dont get anywhere else.

Yeah, its been in beta for a while, which I don't mind too much. This guy has clearly been working crazy on this game, glad to hear that its starting to get over optimization issues. Hopefully that means it will be even smoother in the future.

somebody really should tell those poor robots about the leg day

the fuck is this conversion event supposed to be, they really expect someone to spend 20k MC just on xp conversion for the prizes, what in the fuck

Quote the wrong person?

That's what you get for playing F2P games

I still contend that Zellbrigen should not exist, because even if you can code it, it's not fun. Rules that exist to solely make you pay a fun-tax so you can use stronger gear mean the game is poorly balanced poo poo.

Bidding is fun, and dynamic. Having "glory" as an abstract concept that determines your value in Clan society, linked to how well you do with how cautious you are in your bidding is a neat fluff concept that can work in a campaign style game. They should obviously tweak Clan weaponry to be a bit less flat-out busted when we get a Battletech Clan game, and then make the Bidding where you determine your honor/glory. Roll restrictions into the bidding system has challenges that get you extra Glory/Honor modifier for taking them and succeeding, and a malus for taking one and then abandoning it mid fight. Did you bid away your PPCs and then decide it was more important to snipe that mech the enemy has with LRMs that has been playing peek-a-boo with you over a hill top? Well your 15% Glory bonus just turned into a 20% glory malus for that mission. Bid away melee, or your ability to shoot targets that have been knocked down, or the Right Arm weapons on all your mechs.

A STATIC set of retarded, non-optional restrictions attempting to balance weapons is pointless and unfun. Most people will just try and find whatever way around the pointless rule system they can. Rewarding you for being willing to put yourself at a bigger disadvantage makes more sense both with the Clan mindset ("I'm the best warrior there is, and I'll fight outnumbered 2-1 and without any shots over 7 hexes away to prove it!") and is more engaging to the player.

yes

I'm a proponent of basically just eliminating the idea of Engine HS. Every engine provides the equivalent of 10 SHS regardless of rating. Only a little bit different than what you guys are talking about.

It'll make some DHS Mechs run hot, and not stashing HS in the engine will hurt some heavier Mechs that run low on Crit space. Plus side, it'll free up crit space on Mechs with lower rated engines. Particularly lights.

nah thats bollocks
a better idea would be to remove the pointless 10 heatsink cap, reduces the whole point of double heatsinks or lbxs when you cant utilise the fact you have better heat management in your loadout choices except to cram in extra laser vomit
some low heatsink builds to fit in an extra lbx10 for example

Can anyone tell me about MAV? I remember when it was announced a half decade ago, but I haven't heard anything about it at all since then until I came to this thread.

How alive is the game? Does it have $20 worth of content and gameplay, or should I wait longer? Why isn't the game on Steam?

I never played Chromehounds, but I've played all the Armored Cores and I play MWO. Can anyone compare it to those?

We interviewed the developer on Kong Kast. Steam was costing too much money so they delisted.

lol!

I thought you only needed to pay a $100 upfront fee for Steam Direct, and it stayed up forever with them taking a cut of all sales. I looked it up and I don't see anything about a recurring fee.

Someone said some stupid shit about MRM40 ghost heat last thread so I'm here to remind you that firing two 40s generates next to no ghost heat.

bampu

I don't like MAV basically stacking cannons or just weapon stacking in general. Yeah it works in MWO because all mech models are different with hardpoints and locations. But Look at this Webm its just a pile of cannons taped together with long barrels. I just want a build with one really big gun like a Shadowhawk or something.

I prefer the good old formula of "giant robot relies on modular handheld weaponry with a few inbuilt weapons (missile launchers in the knee, cannon integrated into the arm, etc)"

just did my first 700dmg in a Pir. Fucking pumped.

wanna yiff?

yes

Looks pretty cool, I think I should check it out.
Is this free or beta or buy to play?

START LICKING MY KNOT THEN YOU THIRSTY BITCH

OwO

b2p, and the dev is very into the game, constantly updating it and doing what he can.

20bux to get in

What's the playerbase like?

For something that does pinpoint damage, the Pepsi ball sure is fucking big

quiet

No, I generally have a Gonk on my badonkadonk.

You know there's a cream to cure that.

Just bought a Victor. On a scale of one to Kong, how much failure am I in for?

Kong but with an added bonus of being Greg

heh

meh

Please stop making these threads. Thank you in advance.

bords! post bord mechs

Rate my crow
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=308&l=1d1b6e751d4e8e5003f2fe55bff0c2540c116835

Steam takes a huge cut per sale and eats up development time for steam specific bullshit.

There are mega weapons like railguns and heavy howitzers but even those you can figure out a way to stack a couple.

Core Meltdown/10
Probably inefficient as all hell, but it looks like it could be fun

I just want to oneshot anything I can get behind, who needs to survive anyway?

Personally, I'd switch them out for regular ERSL. People tend to forget they do 5dmg each, so if you're packing 10 you're gonna rip into people's asses, with a slightly lower chance of blowing yourself sky high.

Interesting.

Yeah, this might be better, thanks.
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=308&l=29d98925f2b6a64f8e04e2b41b8584618c316f46

Hope you have fun with it. One thing I hadn't considered earlier that is another positive over the heavies is added range. It's not much, sure, but it'll still give you a bit of extra breathing room.

Are there even moving parts in MAV besides the Torso? Like arms? Isn't the meta just stacking one type of weapon? There's nothing like split-weapon setups like Mechwarrior right?

It's frustrating to see what used to be perfectly good tonnage used on Small Pulses, used on weird memes since there's too much spare tonnage to not meme at least a little bit.

This might ruin the spirit of the build, but it's probably what I'd use for maximum alpha:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=308&l=fab7be461e834545fc05aa396fb1dae2d8347eaa

Compare it to what I used a year ago, which should still be pretty good:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=308&l=896ec3ad6b7efd826f6e8ffe585bc516a65a2df1

>91 damage alpha with better heat efficiency
>over half of it is pin-point
>this monster is going to be in scouting matches
what the fuck?

>>this monster is going to be in scouting matches
>doesn't know the fear of God that the Black Lanner will instill in niggersphereoids come next month

What will that do better/differently?

potatoes every fucking game.

kisu kisu