Middle finger edition

Previous thread: News:
1)LW2 will NOT be ported to WotC by Pavonis
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26982

2)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

3)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 8/30/2017)
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2017/8/29/geoscape-ballistics-and-more
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

4)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

The /xgc/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xgc/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xgc/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xgc/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

>The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

/xgc/ neither condemns nor condones that which is lewd
>pastebin.com/DwwGRCUH

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1280340515
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

More news from last thread:

>SHIV mod is out
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1280340515

Weird that these apparently heal like human units.

Notes from an open Q&A with Julian Gollop on Phoenix Point here: >Beagle is apparently sponsoring an attempt to port EU2012 into X2:
Any updates on this? I'm not on Discord.

Anyone else make all of their soldiers into national stereotypes? Rolled an Irish Grenadier today, named him Carbombs O'Malley, I like to think he was a radical member of the IRA who doesn't believe in aliens and thinks they're just British soldiers in costumes

>IRA member still in fighting shape in 2035
That's even more of a stretch than my XCOM EW vets being present.

>cosmetic and voice mods dropping off a cliff

Reapers + Heavies = best friends forever

Bumping thread with ethereal or avatar images at last thread user's request.

One day I'll organize this folder. One day.

Cosmetic and voice mods are not important. Interesting gameplay mods continue to come out, like the SHIV and RPG overhaul.

okay maybe the aliens cloned him from IRA DNA to help occupy the British Isles but then he went rogue and started drinking and building bombs

Is anybody willing to share some of the soundtrack mods because i refuse to use steam and the ones from that smod website are slow as fuck thanks in advance.

THE LINK IS FIXED!!!

reaper needs no friends

No death for you.

>grappling shot
???

I want to throw grenades into that basket

>port EU2012 into X2
Are there any actual reasons aside from Bagel's desperation?

Fighting the old aliens in 2 would be cool.
Otherwise no.

>wanna play wotc for the first time
>can't get past how ugly xcom are
aaah please help

>neutralize all enemies
>sitrep: the lost
is there a mod that gets rid of these missions? I'm honestly considering starting a new campaign just so I don't have to play this mission it's so fucking annoying

I don't get it.

It's fucking annoying. When you've almost killed everything, one of your shots hits a car or something and even more lost come in, AND you also have to deal with the normal amount of ayys.
I probably just need to git gud though

>I probably just need to git gud though
Yeah, sounds about right. Lost missions /sitreps are nearly always fun and relaxing for me.

VIPER NURSE MOD WHEN?

>fuck off for several months
>come back
>this faggot is still at it

Welcome back friend!

Thicc advent.

It pulls a target humanoid ayy out of cover and adjacent to the SHIV. It's 1 action and non turn ending. Source: I'm the user who's been power leveling SHIVs and reporting on their abilities here.

Where did you go?

Man, am I like the only person who actually plays this game anymore? Threads are dead slow these days.

they are slow but at least they exist

Mix of real life problems and getting burnt out on XCOM.

>real life problems
girl trouble?

Man, all these Dark Events are pretty bad.
Which one should I try and counter?

Personally I'm to busy actively killing stuff to be overwatching.

No. I'm getting my ass slaped left and right by commander difficulty. Give me some tips besides more flashbangs.
I'm putting all my eggs in a basket that is psi lab. Once I get those weirdos leveled up I'll be safe, but right now I have negative income and barely enough soldiers to field a full squad.

Good call, I can eliminate the middle one. Should probably counter the "Made Whole" one then...

I had a bit of a drinking problem. After getting the cops called on me on night I decided to go cold turkey for a couple months. Had to avoid strategy games almost entirely because those go hand in hand with booze. Got back to booze nowadays but I toned my drinking the fuck down.

I'd go with Made Whole. Lightning Reflexes depends entirely on how much overwatch you do. Spider and Fly sounds bad until you remember that ambush missions are stupidly easy.

>I'm putting all my eggs in a basket that is psi lab
Bad strat, you can't get psi troops up before early game is done and mid game is getting closer to late game. That's because you are gated by alot of research and elerium.

Just focus tier 2 weapons and armor and then move on to foundry for nades and ammo.
> Give me some tips besides more flashbangs.
You only need one per mission

Other than that you just want the resistance ring asap and spam covert ops

Yeah I think made whole makes the most sense.

Made Whole. Chosen often need the weaknesses to be counterable.

>Had to avoid strategy games almost entirely because those go hand in hand with booze.
With respect for your troubles, for they sound many and unfortunate and you have my sympathy, how exactly does this work? I play plenty of strategy games with nary a drink in sight. I guess I don't really understand the logic here.

You fucked up son. Psi rushes are crazy hard and you can often lose before you get there. Next time, Tier 2 rush like a normal person, then audible into Psi. Mags/predator will let you win the tactical game for quite a while, giving you the breathing room you need to bring Psi online and to stabilize your strategic game.

Anyone tried that Musashi RPG mod?
It sounds fuckin' retarded but I can't help but admit I'm intrigued.

Nah, it's on the list for my next campaign though. Sounds fun.

A bit of gin goes a long way to making me a better commander. Clears the mind and makes me be a lot more decisive when it comes to issuing orders. Helps with multitasking if I'm playing an RTS. It's more noticeable in a game like Age of Empires 2 than XCOM 2 but the effect is still there.

also I got a terrible habit of having what seems like a quick or easy mission turn into an hour long shitfest with firefights lasting a turn or two due to a mix of bad luck, map generation, mistakes on my part and a fucking MOCX squad or a Chosen making life more exciting.
Typical VIP extraction? nah, it's gonna be a 4 turn long firefight where your squad is facing off 3 different pods while the store they're taking cover in is basically falling apart. One of those is pretty great, 3 of those in a sitting gets to you.

I think you overestimate my abilities anons. My psi lab will be done in about 3-4 days and I already have 2nd tier weapons and armour.

I'm actually going to say Lightning Reflexes. It fucks up Bladestorm. I play Beta Strike/Grim Horizon and camping next to units with a bladestorm Ranger or Templar is one of the most effective ways to kill them.

>No. I'm getting my ass slaped left and right by commander difficulty.
>I think you overestimate my abilities anons.
Make up your mind

Huh. I've never had that experience, usually liquor makes me floatier and flightier, not more focused. Also, gin? What's the draw of gin? Never understood that drink myself. Not trying to give you grief brother, just want to understand stuff.

Also, yeah, those extended firefights are fun the first or second time, but like 3-4 in a row gets tiresome. Sometimes, you just want a mission to go smoothly.

Flavor, really. An even mix of gin and tonic tastes really good, especially if you throw in a slice of lemon.

Huh. Gin always reminds me of Christmas, and the accompanying sadness that goes with it. Still, it's popular, so there's gotta be something to it. Maybe I'll give it another shot, thanks for the thoughts, user.

>still whining about a PUBG streamer on an uzbek death metal fan BBS

>caring about Beagle
He abandoned you, user. Move the fuck on. He was a shit anyway.

>1 year ago

anyone play with the RPG Overhaul mod? What are your favorite specialization combos?

not yet I've been meaning to

Too busy playing with SHIVs. Will get to that later.

I'm watching frags finest atm. I miss beags but I'll never let that Australian ultra faggot know it. his voice and commentary cures my anxiety, but luckily his 134 episode long war campaign is good enough for me to watch all over again.

year ago

>suppress Warlock
>he becomes useless and runs from cover to cover until he dies
So this is Chosen cryptonite, woah

This is my favorite mod bug.

is the SHIV mod cool?

Yes. The SHIV mod is cool. I have a pair of SHIVs up to Lieutenant (and will play more later tonight) and they're pretty good so far, I am enjoying them. They can get around nicely, they do good damage and are pretty fast, and they have good and interesting abilities. I am looking forward to the late game abilities, they look to be pretty fascinating.

From what I've played so far which isn't a lot, it's fun as fuck. Though I've been extremely uncreative and basically remade the LW2 classes, but the freedom to be that boring or however is great

>LW2 classes
I am infinitely disappointed that those were never ported to WotC. Fucking Pavonis, lazy shits.

Pistols are Useful.

Does anyone have good pics of the chosen weapons?

I'm happy with recreating them for now, this is a good alternative, I just wish we could at least get the LW Alien Pack. Though I'm using ADVENT Avengers AI tweaks which are giving me a few new challenges, I just really don't want to get bogged down with mods like ABA2

But yeah, I agree. Especially when Lump has already said Coil Guns is "done" about 3 months ago

To be honest, after the debacle that was LW2, I don't really have faith in Pavonis's ability to do fucking anything at all at this point.

It wasn't that bad user

It was. It really was. They, instead of focusing on what made X2 good and refining it into its best possible form, decided to make it something it isn't: a stealth game. While they did back off on that as people complained it is worth noting that if left to their own devices they'd have gone full stealth and ignored the good aspects of X2. They're idiots and can't design their way out of a box. LW1 was a fluke not an indicator of good design.

>Though I'm using ADVENT Avengers AI tweaks which are giving me a few new challenges

Giving Andromedons relocate made me a little buttmad.

Interjecting into this conversation, but you can paint what happened and make the entire thing sound positive if you want to, so I don't really agree.

>Instead of remaking what made LW1 good and porting it into XCOM2, they decided to try something different that would highlight the guerrilla theme of the game. However, they backed off on that as people complained, which is worth noting, that the devs were actually receptive to feedback and willing to learn from their mistakes. They made a mistake on their design decisions and hopefully will take these lessons and incorporate them into future projects.

Same reason I have high hopes for Xenonauts 2. The devs made a pretty mediocre game, but the new game looks like they learned from their mistakes and are trying to make their own game instead of a soulless copy of X-COM.
Obviously no telling what Pavonis' game will look like or amount to, but I'll pay attention until there is a reason not to.

LW2 was a flop though, with it's poor start, which is a shame because only one element of all the different mechanics they introduced truly killed it.

See, with Pavonis, I tend to look at what they do without pressure. For instance, in all the time that LW2 was in development, no one ever once said "hey, this isn't really a stealth game, why are we trying to make it one?" or ever had the conversation that maybe they should focus on what the already-successful X2 did well. LW1 was a refinement of EU/EW, not a tonal shift, and that's why it was so successful: it took a good thing and refined its elements into something better and more complex. LW2 is fundamentally taking a good thing and just doing something other than what it was good at with it. This doesn't say to me that Pavonis is good at learning from their history or what made their one big product successful, it says to me that they flailed around and made something *they* thought was good without thinking about the expectations they were expected to meet or giving consideration to what the base they were given was actually good for.

I will give it to them that they are good at making custom classes. Clearly, they know something about what they're doing, but there were such large missteps in other areas that I can't help but be skeptical of their future endeavors. Hopefully, when making a product with no expectations, they can put something good together, but I'm not holding my breath. If you're excited, that's fair, some people did really enjoy LW2 and that's not a bad thing, but I'm just trying to explain why I don't have much faith in them.

>tfw a sectoid revives a corpse and then crits one of your guys

>or ever had the conversation that maybe they should focus on what the already-successful X2 did well
See I think it's pretty clear that they never intended to do this because they wanted to make a different game using X2 as a foundation.
And what was their motivation for doing this?
To get further experience designing their own game. At least that's what I believe, and it makes sense considering their goals. Maybe they could have just made a better XCOM 2, but that wouldn't have contributed much for them as a studio. So they prototype alot of stuff they are considering for their future title, and get the player feedback as well.

>See I think it's pretty clear that they never intended to do this because they wanted to make a different game using X2 as a foundation.
>And what was their motivation for doing this?
>To get further experience designing their own game.
I find that dishonest as that's not what they were hired to do. Remember that Firaxis/2K *paid* them to make LW2, not to get design practice. LW2 was, from the beginning, meant to bring LW1 to X2. That was like line one of the design doc, straight from Firaxis's mouth. If Pavonis decided to do other shit instead, that's deeply dishonest of them. They got paid to do X and if they did Y instead and still took that money, that's a dick move. If LW2 had been a freebie that they decided to make as practice, that'd be different of course.

Now, it did work out the way you said, so I'm not sure I disagree that they decided to go that way, but I do dislike that move on their part.

>fell for ironman meme
>finish campaign
>cool now to save all the soldiers I liked to my character pool
>oh wait
>I can't

>W2 was, from the beginning, meant to bring LW1 to X2. That was like line one of the design doc, straight from Firaxis's mouth.
Not sure I can agree with this statement, unless your gonna source me hard. There was communication between Pavonis and Firaxis the entire time that we weren't privy to.

There's a mod that will add your final mission squad to the character pool after you complete the game. Won't work for the barracks though.

I honestly wish I had that source for you. I read it from a link someone provided here to some devs talking about LW2. A quick search doesn't bring it up but it's been awhile. I'll do a deeper dig to try and find it for you.

LIVE THREAD

AND HAVE SNEK LADIES

>ironman screws everything up even if you manage to finish a campaign without your save dying
Loving every laugh.

>ufo launches avenger defense mission
>not too bad; complete with no casualties
>hunter attacks and launches chosen avenger defense not even 24 in-game hours later
>7/10 soldiers are tired
>8/10 soldiers are injured, some only having 2/3 of their max health
>have to waste several medikits on turn 1 just to get units up to their normal state
>panicking every other turn because of tiredness

This is rough.

XCOM baby, sometimes it loves you rough.

Yeah, I guess what makes the most sense is just picking a primary and secondary weapon specialization for each soldier. I kind of feel like I'm just going to end up with Infantry/Grenadier, Infantry/Medic, Infantry/Melee, etc etc.

fug

Turn the dunes into fields of green today,
move the moon,
next to the sun's a better place,
it's time for a better leader,
we're mother nature's mind reader,
together we can rule the world baby,
let our love stop every war baby.

Alright /xcg/ riddle me this:
In a hypothetical XCOM trpg, what kinds of perks would you put in the OTS, assuming that you can't put in stuff like Squad Size upgrades

Reapers are the best thing Jake ever did in his entire game developing career

>still no qt amazonfu version

I hate that faggot

He tried to give his stuff to another group that makes lewd mods and they turned it down.

That's what he says. He's a degenerate drama queen faggot that picks fights with other mod members. I've heard stories about that aids ridden cunt none are good.

The only drama I know about is when someone he allowed to use his stuff shared it without his permission and he was understandably upset. Personally I don't give a damn about that stuff, especially when I wasn't there to experience it, long as they make stuff that's all I care about.

Modders are typically super autistic, E3245 has to be