/brg/ - Battlerite General

>What is Battlerite?
Battlerite is a PvP arena brawler from the same company that made Bloodline Champions.

>Latest patchnotes
blog.battlerite.com/patch-1-3/#more-2096

>Roadmap for 2017-2018
battlerite.com/newera/

>Check your BR profile
battlerite-stats.com/

>Character builds
loadouts.gg
docs.google.com/document/d/1sl2K4AAnhqKw06uAQ95Lt-a8hIrDHo7mzrbl6a_JJxk/edit

>Get your free shit
pastebin.com/0zTkhPkd

>Newbie guides
pastebin.com/4tS737Y9

>/brg/ player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X5gY7yqfr7KmqQv5p4N65fLruYr9rnkm-ZHFcKLXxLs/edit#gid=973992834
>Add yourself
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd89zBULnDGRC__t4vtR_9qPUJXR9stQpDUAYw9zLgmO32KWA/viewform

previous

Is Iva just sit back and taser/rocket poke until someone gets antsy?

It depends on the matchup, you can sit back or mongo to some degree. I think iva is strongest when she is being aggressive and applying/igniting oil though.

So then would uturn be more for poking/trading while haste on space be more for rushing down? I haven't played much Iva yet but the shotgun oil seems pretty necessary.

I can't figure out how to beat good Pearls in 2s

I'm pretty new to this game and MOBA's in general.

I really like Lucie, how do I git good with her? I've found that deadly injection+panic flask with the damage battlerites is good, but I still don't win many games.

First you wait for the skin that turns her into a qtpa2t in march, then you get teammates who peel for you

What regions?

least ping lole

Oil blaster is pretty mandatory, considering flying over people isn't that consistent.
The matter of u-turn vs haste seems to be preference, I've seen players who use either or them, but haste is a bit more flexible in how it can be used and is less predictable. Personally, I don't like u-turn unless it's against a heavy melee composition and I feel like I might be focused, but you do get a second oil blaster off of it which is nice.

Understandable, pearl is a monster in that format. The general strategy is to just kill her teammate instead of her, as pearl's abilities work a lot better when she is focused instead of her teammate. With them dead, you can generally 2v1 her down.
There are some comps where you don't have a good target though (Pearl + Shifu/Croak/Freya for example) where neither of them are easily mongo'd, that is where things get much more difficult.

Even though Pearl has a lot of defensive skills, they are still limited. Despite the general strategy being to ignore pearl, if she winds up in a spot where she has nothing you should absolutely go on her. The most important thing is to play around her counter, if you do that then she has to blow another skill to get you off her, depending on the situation that can make it easier for you to push on her ally or continue to pressure her and get good damage in.
The last thing is that you need to starve pearl of orbs, and that is pretty hard to do since she has such great orb control.

>actually created the thread
absolute madman

I got to warn you upfront user, Lucie is not a forgiving character to play and you'd likely be better off starting with someone else until you get a decent grasp of the game beforehand. If you're stubborn though, you have to realize that lucie doesn't have a lot of room for error, both in her ability usage (you miss one panic flask and you can flat out die) and her positioning. The latter is something that isn't readily apparent to a lot of new players and isn't easily explained. The extremely basic version of it is: stay with your team but out of reach of enemies, always have a path out, don't trap yourself in corners. There's a lot more obviously, but I ain't gonna write you a novel.

The rest is fairly straightforward.
- Learn to juggle healing with dealing damage. A support still has to deal some damage throughout the round.
- Learn when to use barrier, seriously. Knowing WHEN and WHO to cast barrier on is a game winning or losing decision on its own. You use barrier but they take no damage during it? Wasted your most important cooldown. You use barrier on an ally but they jump out with their own skills? Wasted. You use barrier but there isn't much damage coming through, and could have simply M2'd? Wasted. You have no other cooldowns and use it on your ally, the enemy switches targets and kills you. Wrong target. Lucie cannot afford to misuse barrier, try to save it for when your ally has no outs themselves or you are getting focused down.
- Don't always just let panic flask fly, cancel cast it to bait out your opponents.
- Q is one of the most versatile skills in the game. Remove positive debuffs from enemies, Remove Debuffs/CC from allies (it also has a delay, so if you are about to get CC'd yourself you can cast it on yourself, CC hits, instantly cleansed), knockback enemies from you, knock the orb away from an enemy, put people back in your ult/out of sudden death fog, etc. It is AoE too, so you can manage to do multiple things with it at once.

>load in to a match
>game decided team didn't need a healer
Why even bother? At low ranks I thought full davai attack comps was busted but now I realise this is yet another game where healers are mandatory

lol just stop playing until march update haha

>just learned lucie q disables oldur shield last night
I still don't understand "buff" it seems.

- Roll is your only iframe/repositioning skill, but it costs energy and has a long cooldown. Don't waste it for no reason. It should be your last resort to use, generally speaking. If you aren't using it to dodge a big burst of damage or safely reposition, you are using it wrong. But if you are forced to use it, you have to be sure that you will be safe afterwards.
- Your ult is pretty amazing, but you have to be sure that they have nothing to escape it. You chuck it at someone and they jump out of it, you just wasted 4 bars of energy to do nothing but make the floor green. You can use your Q or E to send people back into the center of it for more damage. It does have a risk associated with it though, be warned. You use all your energy, so you have none left for roll afterwards. If your barrier is down, you might consider holding ult until it's back up again.

That about covers the basics of her, if you're not sure about builds you can look at the OP for them.

I live on the edge.

>see sirius on other team
>wait for the inevitable space in, m1 and counter
>mfw every single time it happens
How is Sirius syndrome such a widespread issue that affects every single one of them? It's like clockwork: space in, counter, awkward two seconds of staring then they get bursted down from full to zero in another two.

>How is Sirius syndrome such a widespread issue that affects every single one of them?
Because you play in low ELO, pray you never run into Ninjas on him.

it even removes counters from enemies!
and if you know you're going to get petrified (e.g from sirius lunar strike) you can time your Q so that it hits you right after, to unpetrify yourself

what can or can't be cleansed is kind of unclear. I think most ults can't be cleansed, like croak's venom, but at least you can iframe it

Why is Oldur so perfect?

>play 2v2s entirely when I first start playing because 3v3s seems so daunting
>get stuck at silver 1
>switch to doing 3v3s only because for some reason I found them easier and more balanced
>climb all the way to plat 4
>get hardstuck
>abuse 2v2s with my newly acquired gamesense from all the 3v3s I've done
>completely rape in them as Jade
>now I'm Diamond 2

2v2s are so busted

Why game is so shit?

fluffy

Is raigon good i came back after the beta and have been playing again i do well as raigon typically getting good damage and points but i always loses the game is it just my team or is raigon a bad pick his ult is underwhelming too

Please calm down and speaking in proper sentences. Raigon is okay, he's neither super strong nor super weak. Damage points don't really matter in this game, it's more about true HP damage. I can't tell you that without context. His EX-moves are better than his ult, yes.

Can confirm. Oldur is max fluff.

Reflecting spells is always satisfying, especially with increasing numbers.

battlerite??! more like deadrite!?

> she has great orb control
> needs two bars to get it

meanwhile shit like ashka can burst it from 45-0 in a millisecond with no meter

the real question here is: why is this thread so fucking dead?

the game is alive

>alive
it's not alive. The player's numbers are decent only because there is a big stream of F2P niggers trying out the game. That's why mid/top ranks are dead as fuck.

It's not like pearl can't hold onto a pre-existing purple charge, and she can afford to use dive a little liberally.
There are very few people that can contest Pearl's orb control, listing one of the few characters that can compete doesn't really refute that. Even still, orb is far from free for both sides in that matchup, as both can interrupt each other's standard orb take combos. Pearl bubble stops the burst from 45 and can steal the 15 remaining hp, as one example of that.
That said, orbs or no orbs, Pearl is pretty heavily favored against Ashka in general. She shouldn't struggle in the matchup at all.

nerf pearl

obnoxious little cunt

Do not bully my wife.

What does Sirius do to always have top score?
I mean I know abilities and attacks and damage done and shit gives off points, but what are Sirius' abilities that give the most points?
Even if he did nothing the whole match, at the end it always seems Sirius has the most points. Is it because his ult both heals and deals damage and charges his score faster?

sirius players are better than others

Is there any feel better than killing jade by fully reflecting her ult?

the weaken from his M1 gives a fuckton of score, also petrifies

> when your 2v2 teammate starts talking to you for some reason

hi

Why won't nobody stay under the fucking tree?

who the fuck is dina though???

it was the player's name

how do you 100 score as raigon, though

if you land an E which is pretty hard to miss past the charge time you get a guaranteed 40 damage

replay please?

How do I Sirius?

I don't understand many supports. Except Pestilus where I feel I have a huge impact on fights and I throw up big numbers on top of handing out Panics and roots like they are candy.

I struggle to find where Sirius's RMB fits into fights.

>all those dumb posts with reddit spacing

Is Rook the most Honest character in the game?

The most honest characters in each class are Bakko/Ashka/Lucie, respectively.

>respectively

how many years til we get defense of the league rites - from the same company that made Battlerite

this shit is dead as fuck

?

It's a heal... Just heal someone?
Sirius goes in and out a lot.

Tempting to space in, Q out.
Careful with that, only bronze faggits fall for that shit.

Lucie sucks ass
Everyone in this thread is always like
>She's good if she has peel
>You need a teammate who bla bla bla

>Peel for her all game
>She spends her time doing jack shit
I've only ever seen her achieve something when she's against another lucie and/or during sudden death.

Lucie is pretty good for a few reasons. The 12% damage buff battlerite is good because it rounds up for that cheese extra damage on toxin. The cleanse can remove invincibility and other-side buffs. Weakening toxin battlerite just shits on Thorn.
She's got a lot of stuff going on, and is good in certain match-ups. Anyone telling you she's super good all the time is meme'ing you though, because self-peel is something she lacks compared to the other supports.
The panic potion nerf really hurt because you can't thread the needle between two people and panic them both anymore.

I finally got to Plat a few days ago now I don't have to touch this game

>The 12% damage buff battlerite is good because it rounds up for that cheese extra damage on toxin.
It actually doesn't, the game only visually rounds up, it's still floating point accurate.

I've been cheated! But anyway, the other reasons still seem good enough to me for Lucie to be an okay alternative to the other supports. Trading power and versatility for escapes and self-peel. She has a panic, cleanse, debuff, petrify, shield, heal, displacement, and area denial all in one kit.

I have under 50% winrate with all champions

What In the fuck am I doing wrong?

Stop playing 2v2

How do I reach plat, just started and I'm in Silver Division, I mainly play blossom, and Iva.

pic related. also if you want to get to plat first try to stick to one (1) character and become a god on it. (I just find it easier to rank up a lot faster as a one trick)

CLICK HERE FOR 5 SECRET TIPS PLATINUM PLAYERS DON'T WANT YOU TO FIND OUT.
play______________________________________________
the______________________________________________________
game________________________________________________________________________________________
get________________________________________________________________________________________________
better___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

get to diamond pussy, plat is shit.

>lose all placement games
>still end up plat 5
I've legitimately don't think it's possible to get put in bronze anymore, the lowest I've seen is silver.

that should not be possible
what region do you play in?

Because >randoms