/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Bring back Jang edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon Movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-CwT1SqghEk
strawpoll.me/14937152
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can someone farther in the game check the DS tree and tell me what item this crystal is? I wanna upgrade my weapons.

Which early armour set should I go for? Considered Barroth but the grind for ridges is insane.

>tfw literally no weapon in World can compare to the silky buttery smooth Lance moveset

I chose the wrong eyebrows.

>Awakening weapon this early
WHAT THE FFUCK

Something in Coral Highlands probably.

73DdCZCedri7
hunt whateves

Well it's not really that I'm that poor, but you gotta think with your wallet if you don't want to end up eating instant ramen for 15 days. And I don't have a 4k TV, but I really appreciate stable FPS more than graffix. But also, now that I think about it, judging by how FFXV ran, KH3 will be fucking unplayable on a regular PS4 and I'd rather sleep on the streets than get a suboptimal experience when playing that shit.
I hate that the poor performance of this goddamn game is actually making me think of buying a """""new console"""""".
Anyways, thanks, m8. I might just scrounge up money to actually get a pro.
Either that or just save up money and buy one next month instead of next week.

Sell me on Lance over Gunlance.

Is the riding-the-enemy thing really worth it? It does fuck all damage and just results in a knockdown that you probably would've got by then anyway. It's one of the things that makes me feel like I'm playing Dragon's Dogma rather than MH sometimes.

youtube.com/watch?v=-CwT1SqghEk

I really wish they did a simultaneous PC release. There's some nice looking shit in this game but being on shitty hardware doesn't even do it justice.

Coral Crystals.

what the fuck is this garbage?

rolling doesn't have i-frames at all, what's the fucking point of this artificially difficult bullshit?

Like it's supposed to reward SKILL, but it doesn't and makes you get hit for even daring to dodge an attack.

It's punishing you for having the reflexes to dodge. And this is not OK. I hope the devs rectify this following western reception.

So as searching for a squad session literally just based on luck whether you find a session with people or not?

Just edit them in your house???

I didn't say the wrong color.

git gud

That's still low rank right? When do I get there?

>want to upgrade lance but can't tell what these mystery materials are so stuck with bone lance III

Rolls have 6-iframes and you can get even more with armor skills but this is probably bait and I'm getting memed on

It does have i-frames, they're just stricter than, say, BB or DS.

Can someone post a picture of the camps please. Specifically the coral camps. I'm dumb and can't find them.

is*

Okay, wtf is going on.

All my friends can join our squad and they have sent me invites. But whenever I go to the squads menu is says its not available and to try again later.

Anyone got a fix?

No (You) for (You)

>mfw I accidently charged up my hammer and slid down a slope, which turned my standard smash turn into a 5 hit beyblade flip combo into a mount
pure kino

I choose the wrong nose

Seriously tho anyone want to do a hunt on Xbone? ANY hunt, I'm not normally an achievement whore but this is one I probably won't be getting unless I take the chance now while the game is still hot.

6 iframes? That's a whole 2 seconds of invincibility on the regular PS4.

After Zora Magdaros. Make sure to mine Zoras back for a ton of Dragonite Ore.

let's settle this
strawpoll.me/14937152
strawpoll.me/14937152

Why can't I see other players in the session, anyone else having the same issue?

>when you decide to fight the rathian you're supposed to run from and it gives you a plate

>it's a Barroth spams his mud three times in a row episode

Wait isn't that high rank then? Why is it showing up under the low rank tree?

do meal effects expire? sometimes I see a message saying you can eat again but I'm wondering if that also means the effect I had expired already?

More casual than what? The other HR games?

GL can't counter. GL can't power guard. GL can't sprint with the weapon drawn, let alone sprint faster than with the weapon sheathed.. GL can only dash two times in a row, lance can dash three times in a row. GL shells are weaker than poking anyway. GL only has one kind of poke and the other kind is only a shield poke it can use three times in a row, lance has two kinds of pokes AND shield pokes that can continue poking infinitely. GL can't shield advance (or shield bash). As far as I know, GL can't mount at will on any terrain still (but a lot of weapons gained this ability so I may be wrong). GL can't block while falling. GL is slower in general.

Compared to that, Lance's sweeping attack is weaker but can come out at any time, Lance can't attack straight upward (but is better at sustaining diagonal damage) and Lance can't use shells that aren't very good anyway.

Shit, so far I'd just assumed it meant the meat you eat to raise your max stamina for a bit. Maybe it does mean the meals...

It's a repel quest essentially. You get a fuck ton of mats from it too, not just ore.

Yes

i think its gathering hall only

I made a squad for the 5 five other Xboners here. 6wkdJGd6JM2G

It's fucking beautiful.

Send help please.

tfw can't play it to pinch off my hot opinion on your chest

That's what I mean, I can't see anyone in the gathering hall

What even is it. A mouse pad?

Holy shit this game throws so much Zenny and Points at you it's fucking ridiculous.

>tfw no more 上手に~焼けました everytime I cook

I still don’t really know what weapon I should use

Tried out both lances, sword and shield, switch axe, charge blade, and glaive. All of them have little things that I like but none really stand out as the one I want to use

Bless you, user.

steelbook.

investigations are insane.

Sunsets are really pretty on this game

I'm having the same issue. I've only been able to do online by responding to SOS flares. This shit is fucked right now and I can only hope Capcom releases a patch soon.

So how many fucking missions do I have to play before I’m actually allowed to play with my friends? We’re up to Barroth in the wildspire wastes but we still haven’t been able to do a single assigned quest together. Every single time we try to join eachother’s quests we get the message “you have not progressed far enough along in the story to join this quest.” Some of them say “joinable after departure,” but even then the quest just disappears from the quest board, and even if the person on the quest sends up an SOS flare it can’t be found when we search for it. “No SOS flares were found.” I thought Capcom was supposed to make it so you can play your friend’s story mode quests with them if you wanted to? Just how far along do we have to be before we’re allowed to play together?

Then use them all. Mainfags will try to drag you down to their level. Don't let them. Crafting requires fewer resources than ever and you can deconstruct early versions of weapons to turn the parts into different weapons, so there's even less excuse to not use everything.

Try the others out of course

I got a Legiana plate in coral when you are supposed to be looking for the great jaggi with the flashbomb face.

I haven't even done any investigations and I'm way richer than I've ever been this early on in a MH game.

Steelbook, no need to to Rathalos ugly face for the umpteenth time

>when you finish your meal and some motherfucker runs up to you shouting MAKANKOSAPPO

I got three Anja plates and all I wanted was his tail

>no content
>no depth
>easy
>short
>grind removed
>broken multiplayer
>0 weapon variety
>soulless
>b-but it'll be better on consoles!

>ywn watch the sunset with ace cadet's cute handler

I want to swap Handlers with Ace Cadet

>tfw play hbg rape everything until you hit hr quests
>tfw always run out of slicing and piercing shot because pink rath is a dumb hp sponge
>always carry 99 stacks of slash berry and pierce one

Now im new as shit but is gunning suppose to feel like shit this early into hr or am i just trash?

>tfw really happy for ace cadet that he knocked it out of the park
>tfw still jealous he got the cute one and I got the troll that clones herself

>tfw you discover what the vale actually is.
damn son. that's actually beautiful.

What sort of targeting settings did you guys change?

Tobi-Kadachi farming room GWfPcDRDp4m

>Just noticed those dots at the bottom
What are the dots at the bottom of my screen in that picture? Just checkerboarding artifacts?

You're or them are doing something wrong. I played with a friend as early as the autistic bird hunt.

I have to capture a damn kulu-ya-ku thingy but how do I do it? I only end up killing it and I doubt that shitty small net I can equip can actually do it.. do I craft a bigger one?
And I also have a quest running where I have to kill 20 Vespoids I already killed at least a million of them but the quest is still running?
I don't get this game man.

I believe you just need to see the cutscene for the mission before being able to co-op. So if you really want to co-op, just see the cutscenes and exit out. Then you can play with your friends.

The food looks so good. Ugh

>you can deconstruct early versions of weapons to turn the parts into different weapons
Why would you ever need to fucking do this? It costs like 1 of each material to make weapons and there are like 10 weapons of each type.

Can someone help me cut the tail off the Tzitzi-Ya-Ku? My IG just won't cut it no matter what I do.

38caPmfMmnepN

I played two of the beats and only today found out that there is a lock on system. I don't even use it desu

I want everyone who voted yet it is to show me their Tempered solo Anjanath proofs

I can't join, did you type it correctly?

glaive a best

Literally none of the things you listed have anything to do with it being on a console instead of a 3ds.
Besides it still has way more content than Tri did.

Why even live?

Those Investigations are generic quests. They're not tasks that run in the background as you do other quests, they're standalone quests that you enter specifically. As we said last thread, they're basically filler like the Radiant quests in Skyrim.

Carry on with the story quests and side quests and one of them will tell you how to capture monsters. It's an early one. Don't forget to talk to people in camp with "!" over their heads, they give you more side quests.

oh fuck GWfPcDRDp4M

>Farming elemental weapon to have an easier time farming the next farm so that I can progress easier

Jesus

>Anjanath leaves.
Does he come back or do i gotta leave and come back? also how to get him from not leaving?

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Exactly. Even if you're UNREASONABLY hard-pressed for materials you can easily swap to a weapon in a different class.

I have empirically determined through hours of playtesting that the Italian dub is the best one. Handler's Italian VA actually manages to make the character endearing instead of obnoxious. For those of you about to reply "Ah! But the Monster Hunter Language!" you can keep it, the Japanese are terrible when it comes to gibberish languages and this one is no different. Horribly stilted and halting as the VAs try to form sounds they're not used to. It's very distracting and grating.

Keep in mind nu-gathering and auto combine basically remove the need to ever purchase potions and whatnot.

Honestly the only thing to spend money on is upgrading gear and buying barrels for bombs.

>is monster hunter world MORE casual

Well yes, definitely
But it's still monster hunter and its not stupid easy

If I was a noob it would be hard as hell, but I've got over half a decade of experience playing so of course I can kill everything with ease

please stop responding to /v/, the only reason they're here is because of people like you

>like to help out noobies in LR
>want to be thematic, help people with Anjanath, while wearing full armor set and use GL so I look like a badass knight.
>armor was easy to grind for
>last upgrade for the GL, need ONE FANG
>literally hunted 7 times and 4 captures
>no fangs

kill me

Let's see how much everybody is taking their time or rushing. Post em.