>Warhammer 2 Info
***Tomb Kings DLC Released***
Tomb Kings Campaign Tactics - youtube.com/watch?v=Y7g_sWmmpj4
totalwar.com/blog/tomb-kings-patch-notes

>Thrones of Britannia Info
Alfred the Great Trailer - youtu.be/5MUdiBfXo04
totalwar.com/blog/anglo-saxon-unit-rosters
totalwar.com/blog/thrones-britannia-faq

Campaign posting and screenshot sharing encouraged!

last edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7hkpB4tei7Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Vegetius relates in De Re Militari (III.24).

> "Many expedients have been used against them. In Lucania a centurion cut off the trunk of one with his sword. Two soldiers armed from head to foot in a chariot drawn by two horses, also covered with armor, attacked these beasts with lances of great length. They were secured by their armor from the archers on the elephants and avoided the fury of the animals by the swiftness of their horses. Foot soldiers completely armored, with the addition of long iron spikes fixed on their arms, shoulders and helmets, to prevent the elephant from seizing them with his trunk, were also employed against them.

>But among the ancients, the velites usually engaged them. They were young soldiers, lightly armed, active and very expert in throwing their missile weapons on horseback. These troops kept hovering round the elephants continually and killed them with large lances and javelins. Afterwards, the soldiers, as their apprehensions decreased, attacked them in a body and, throwing their javelins together, destroyed them by the multitude of wounds. Slingers with round stones from the fustibalus and sling killed both the men who guided the elephants and the soldiers who fought in the towers on their backs. This was found by experience to be the best and safest expedient. At other times on the approach of these beasts, the soldiers opened their ranks and let them pass through. When they got into the midst of the troops, who surrounded them on all sides, they were captured with their guards unhurt.

>Large balistae, drawn on carriages by two horses or mules, should be placed in the rear of the line, so that when the elephants come within reach they may be transfixed with the darts. The balistae should be larger and the heads of the darts stronger and broader than usual, so that the darts may be thrown farther, with greater force and the wounds be proportioned to the bodies of the beasts.

Three times in a row. Same result.

TK Skelles should be compared with Skavenslaves

proper thread

Both 325 pts.

Tomb Kings skellies are really shit. At least the VC can just keep resurrecting theirs.

The next major historic strategy game
Fantasoys blown the fuck out and on suicide watch, historii wins again baby!!

Try spears

Fuck off.

>Foot soldiers completely armored, with the addition of long iron spikes fixed on their arms, shoulders and helmets, to prevent the elephant from seizing them with his trunk, were also employed against them.

Threadly reminder that Wood Elf, Best Elf.

the absolute state of /twg/

mannlet tries desperately to cross into the moot, his homeland

>The Dead Rise again resurrects all Terrogheists

Even worth the swords and 25 more pts.

Vampires>Elves

HOW

Every faction has boring start locations and i don't enjoy getting end game units right at the start.

It's funny because Kangz don't have that

Agreed, fuck the Saga and fuck Nagasaki.

let's see how these dead tits will take a sharp steel blade
all undead belong in a huge burning bonfire.

Elves don't suck your blood.

>The immortal tireless warriors of Nehekhara
>lose to a bunch of rats that were shat out by a breeder a couple of seasons ago

You are 100% right, getting endgame units at the start is the reason why i never enjoyed the Medieval 2 warhammer mod

Speaking of which, the Tomb king unit cap mechanic is straight up copy pasted from the mod

WHO CALLS?

>690 kills with the Casket of Souls and 249 with a Liche Priest

What mods?

shit tier textures it seems

Elves suck pretty much every other kind of bodily fluid though.

The only 1vs1 thing that is truly bothersome is the fact that GW Chosen lose to Swordsmasters.

Why would that ruin your enjoyment? It adds a bit of variety to the early game and you still need to research techs and build up your infrastructure in order to recruit more.

So does that beard.

You say that like it's a good thing.

So what's more more boring right now, Lustria or Ulthuan?

yep - welcome to my hellish experience for the past 20+ turns

chokepoint battle
>one banishment nets 250/298 kills
>casket of souls dropping in shots onto phat blobs

chinese fans met with devs and confirmed there will be no magic or superheroes

Ulthuan obviously

unless you're invading, in which case it's swagtastic

Impressive.

Ulthuan.

>One campaign I took far enough to invade Ulthuan
>Playing von Carstein before the kangz patch
>I am the emperor, Karl is my cuck in the grey mountains
>Take over Bretonnia and confed Mousillion
>War with the Dwarven Reich has led to me owning the entire badlands and southlands as Vlad and Isabella galavanted across the entire map killing dwarves
>Finally get to invade Ulthuan, Tyrone is rank 1
>All his stacks are away in Naggaroth
>Even after I take Lothern he'd still rather beat up on a weak Malekith than actually save the island he's supposed to defend

I was pretty disappointed. Hilariously though Mommy confederated Malekith and then agreed to be my Vassal after a 100000 dark magic bribe.

Who we playin'?

I love my arrow volleys

Cao Cao

I'd still fuck it famalam

ALLAHU AKBAR
THE CALIPHATE EVER SPREADS

>Clan Rictus
>surprise artillery
>surprise Stormvermin
>surprise Memewheel
>surprise Bombadiers

I really hate those trails. Med2 did it great by having pretty much no trails, so you had to go close to see the mayhem.
Those trails make it look like I'm playing tutorial mode.

The black one with the arabic writing.

>Projectile trails

Ulthuan
They need to put Grom and Sigvald there, maybe even Thanquol (if any Skaven can and is stupid enough to go there it’s him)

WHEN

>b-but I came first

Where do you see the cooldown on awakening new dynasties using canopic jars and dosh? I have more than enough of both but the option is just greyed out with no indication of when I can use it again.

Never, he's ded.

>two muzzie replies
Fatimid it is
sorry christfag

>the long nosed
>the frightened of loud noises
Also, I just called my buddy at CA and he told me that they actually do have plans on the board for him. He's said he's getting in right after Thanquol&Boneripper.

>shi'ite scum

Give me screenshots of some orcs please! There need to be more orcs in these threads!

This is a gobbo general

>sorry christfag
That's all right. At least you still get to listen to great music
youtube.com/watch?v=7hkpB4tei7Q

>Need mods to flesh out shit CA skimmed over in WH
>They still haven't released the mod manager from pre-release

Its rat cumbacket. Post real ork.

Empire = other than Karl, where should the other 3 start? I'm not sure if Sudenburg is available on the Mortal Empires map and if the New World Colonies in Lustria is associated with the Empire
Bretonnia = they all have different starting locations
Dorfs = Ungrim should be at Karak Kadrin and Grombrindal should start somewhere else
VC = lore wise there's nothing much they can do, they're stuck in Sylvania and that's alright
Orkz = they all have different starting locations
Beastmen = haven't played them but it looks to me they all have different start positions
Welves = like VC they're pretty much stuck to their treehugging village

Norsca, Helves, Lizardmen, Delves, Rats and Kangz all have different start positions

When Araby shows up they'll take the northwestern part currently owned by Bretonnian and Dorf shits

Funny. My own buddy at CA told me that the fourth Skaven leader will be an OC female chieftain who fights against the oppression of the council of thirteen. Her campaign goal is to free her kin from the breeding pits.

Volkmar could work in Stirland, mostly to get him against VC early (and Sylvania is considered part of Stirland)

Why sigvald

Helves will get Alarielle and Alith Anar and only because they have units associated with them

I can even see Eltharion or Imrik as FLC

He invaded Ulthuan once

Fucking Andrzej has a way with words. My imam was named Imran for fucks sake.

Well good luck with that, given that all skaven females are disgusting fat pigs only laying around to get fucked

>Medieval 2 warhammer mod
Which one, the original russian CoW mod, or the western made Botet one? Because I'm playing the latter right now and the factions I tried so far definitely don't start with endgame units.

Can artillery take substantial damage from auto-resolve?
Lost like 3 grand cannons and 2 rocket batteries when the odds were heavily in my favor recently which doesn't seem normal.

Thank you Grace

Norway

WTF? Why are you speading lies? I called Grace to make sure if this was true, and she told me its bullshit.
She also said that her OC was greenlit to be released as DLC. A young woman from Empire, with a twisted sense of humour and superior intellect, gets possesed by Sigmar himself after she got jailed fighting for equality on the streets of Nuln.

pls respond

It says I don't have all the necessary resource but both the coin and the jar are ticked.

Give pls

Tbqh the Elves vs Elves DLC will probably be Hellebron and Tyrion’s waifu

Hello, its me Mark from Creative Assembly. Just wanted to say that one of these is actually true

What the fuck happened in the previous thread while I was out, user? I thought I told you to keep an eye on it. All those deleted posts.

Thanks for clearing that up mark.

crack when?

THINK OF A UNIQUE NAVAL MECHANIC FOR EACH WARHAM FACTION, GO.

Right after the Norsca crack.

Why did Arabs have a thing for checkered flags
They look like RTS trails from an early 2000's game

You're welcome John

>fatimids
based

>They look like RTS trails from an early 2000's game
Thats actually what I wanted to write at first.

Mark what the fuck are you doing browsing Veeky Forums, get back to work you little shit, you have 35 2000+ polygons due by tomorrow.

ARABY

Just buy the base game, it cost me 25 euros (limited edition boxset in sale). You can access all the DLCs with creamapi for free in 3 minutes

There will be no araby, cucks.

Are you a poorfag or just really cheap? It's less than twenty bucks for dozens of hours of entertainment.

KISLEV when

I hope so, because it would be one hell of a waste of an army spot. I like that they add the lore to relevant factions like Bretonnia and Kangz, but it doesn't mean they're planning to put them in.

Again, at least I hope so. I'd rather take a proper goblin faction with netters and proper fanatics amongst other units, rather than a mere fluff faction.

Boss please it’s just copy pasting Atilla textures for this “Hung” faction

tomorrow

Next paid faction will be for Lustria. Africa is already overpopulated by 4 lords. And then Court of Everqueen also as paid dlc.