/egg/ - Engineering Games General

At least we reached 300 posts this time edition
Previous dod: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Corneroids
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>Opus Magnum
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers
>TerraTech

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in CLANGhalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Snm_5v0p4hc
youtube.com/watch?v=KtT8pcT9gF0
youtu.be/I2Ad-1JzNq8
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First forsleeping on duty

>playing at 6000PS
>guy at literally over 9000PS keeps getting put on enemy team
>hover car with dual retchers
>wins every time with 3-5+ kills
>I try playing at 9000PS
>get put up against people at 12,000PS

>explosive spear sticking out the side
that's pretty chad desu

4th for spaget

What does the G even stand for?

Giga. 1 billion.

at least the cycles were relatively low..

What you get for f2p

Is a normal arm + rail cheaper than a piston?

AFAIK the forum people have known this for a while and have been building gradually better engines. Personally, I've stopped giving a shit and started using bang-bang controlled steam engines. They are cheap, easy to design and very power dense.

rail costs 5c per tile, arm costs 20c, piston 30c. So if you only want to move one tile, they are the same (2*5 + 20). I see now that I could use pistons on rails to shave 4 tiles off of space here.

The main thing that got me was you using 3 rails and a normal arm just to move the product one space.

Why does factorio-man run like he's just shit himself?

She hasn't changed out of those coveralls since landing, so they're getting clammy down south.

>stopped using other peoples blueprints for factorioexcept the mall because Im inept still, but i will do my own mall next game
>actually getting serious satisfaction over my shitty spaghetti builds when they actually work well
Whoever would have guessed that actually playing the game instead of copying others work would be fun

just make it to bots and build everything using requester chests and provider chests t bh

>tfw Besiege doesn't have elves as enemies
I wonder if they'll think of that for the last region

I really wish
I want to remove knife-ears

Am I wasting my time setting up a base with an auto-miner, refinery, block fabricator and black hole thing? I want to get the resources automatically sent to my inventory but it's not clear to me whether the base is actually simulated when the player is elsewhere.

what game?

TerraTech

kilo, mega, giga
and don't use imperial as an excuse, you already know those from hdd sizes
besides, you're an eggineer, you should know these things

Giga what my nigga?
You don't just say Giga without a suffix.
Million at least refers to a number

What caused you to play terratech? I've only been here a few years but you're the only terratech poster I've ever seen

Not him, but I just wanted a simple /egg/ game to play on my time off

>>Personally, I've stopped giving a shit

You should try, it's easy enough to get a decent efficiency now. You don't need pipes going fucking everywhere, you can just line up the turbos, grab the exhaust and run it through all of them.

Pic related, 5x6x11, 1288 PPF. The only hard part is that you usually want to put turbos down and pipe the exhaust to them, but the builder only lets you put them down with an exhaust port already touching a pipe or solid surface, so there's a lot of fucking around with temporary wooden blocks.

Everyone uses 'k' to mean 1000 without anything after it.

>designing engines in ftd
Wew. Engine building could be a complex game in itself. I leave that to the professionals.

>Giga what my nigga?
>You don't just say Giga without a suffix.

You can in a context where the meaning is implicit. Like say, a patch of iron ore that you've deliberately hovered your pointer over on a map screen.

>gigairon
Hmmm

>Hey can I buy ur addy pick
>sure 150M
>Who the fuck writes Mega? What is this, megacoins? You want 150 Megacoins? What the fuck is wrong with you? Type it out as 150000000 like a normal person. 150000000 coins.

Only quadinserters can catch gigairon :^)

Million is a number in and of itself

Yet megabytes and gigabytes are a thing

M is not million. It is Mega. Like K is Kilo and G is Giga. I could have used '1000k' as an example instead I guess but the point is you use it to shorten numbers in informal uses.

>Iron ore 1.0x10^9
Physicians please go and stay go

Capital M stands for mega you absolute baka

In informal use, "ten G's" means "ten thousand" (i.e. 10 Grand).

Only if you're in urban America and you're selling drugs, pimping crackwhores or writing rap songs about selling drugs or pimping crackwhores. No one else does that. Not even the drug dealers.

people also say things like "how many potato's you want?", "just give me 2 kilo's" or "the file's only a couple megs' big". Neither of these scenarios give you a unit, but it's obvious by the context.

I bought it because I saw someone else here playing it, so there are at least two of us.

Has anyone played Project 5: Sightseer? Fun or scam?

>Project 5: Sightseer
there isn't even a torrent up, so it's probably not even worth pirating

>buy a probably /egg/ approved car.
>the previous owner put a vid of the car on yt with 300k views
Eh that's pretty cool I guess.

Tedious

What car is it user?

pretty enh right now. Could be cool someday, but it's basically 10% finished unity game #5849

Ded

What happened to the last ded?

It ded

Femtobrain detected!
Fucking physician.

Piston is 40g, so you get a normal arm and 4 tiles of rail for the cost of a piston arm.

I rarely use pistons outside of the production (space-constrained) puzzles.

>40 giga
that's a whole lot of piston

Geralt has some fucking huge shoulders, has he been working out?

giga
It's 40 grams, you physician

What's a good number of construction bots?
Or is that a stupid question and no amount is to much?

Never build more than 100.

In the time it took you to answer I built 400

1k for a start, over 10k by the time you have a rocket

Well, shit

He said construction robots, not logistics robots.

works for both

don't ded

How there is no Stationeers in this thread?

What ams mall? I've never heard it before today and google isn't terribly helpful - is it just one of each item being produced?

Do those shotguns actually fling people around?

What's going on here? Not enough charging ports?

dirty brown brs need to go and stay go of /egg/

Not really. But they seem to have more impulse than the other shotguns.

Big area that's just focused on producing the items you use most

The "mall" refers to an area that produces items to build the factory itself (belts, inserters, assemblers, etc) rather than science packs or rockets.

Help I am not of speak of kurva

>They then start speaking broken english back
>We converse in broken english as we do shitty raids that complete my hard season rewards anyway

Aaah, the sweet smell of innocence when you have little reason to reroll rares

Exactly.

Each port can only recharge 2 bots at a time. If you use logistic bots for "bulk" items, you have to mass-produce ports. If you only use them for low-volume items, or only use construction bots, you can (mostly) get away with just having enough ports to cover the network. But then any large-scale deconstruction results in a huge swarm of construction bots all wanting to recharge and nowhere near enough ports.

I think i fucked something up

Cuckout races open in a few minutes. Get ready.

What the fuck? That moons made me erect.

youtube.com/watch?v=Snm_5v0p4hc

Is it because it looks like a big titty?

>checking out Fallout VR videos
>this comes up in the recommended videos
youtube.com/watch?v=KtT8pcT9gF0
Contraptions is a hell of a drug.

>cancer hurricane player
>manage to snipe him while he's flying up
>he comes crashing down

kek

So it IS still possible.

No! Poor Bertox.

1: car jack
2: cannon
3: radar
4: cooler
5: flag (blue)
6: radio
7: radio
8: wheel
9: wheel
10: docker
11: cab
12: wheel
13: flag (blue)
14: car jack
15: cooler
16: docker
17: barrel
18: cannon
19: 20 coins

wew...

Error: Maximum allowed video duration is 120 seconds.

Considering harpoons are now a thing and long-range weaponry always has been, how interesting would flying be in the current game?
With the power limitations, you'd probably only get one or two good weapons on a plane/chopper/hovercraft abomination, and they probably wouldn't be too fast.

Here's the shit I've fusioned from miner crates.

>Actually videoing that shit

>Actually videoing that shit
dude, recording is always on anyways

youtu.be/I2Ad-1JzNq8
>fallout 4 has more engineering than crossout
What a time to be alive

It's really not very hard to make basic computers if you have enough things that react to each other reliably, and patience.
Where's that PowerPoint Turing completedness video someone posted recently?

lol